Charles and Camilla: Visit to Egypt, Saudi Arabia and India - March 20-31, 2006

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
They should be arriving in India pretty soon. They already left Saudi Arabia and I dont think the flight to India is really long.

They are arrived. First photos on anp-photo.com. Nice clothes however.

I suck at posting photos. There all from ANP.

A small selection of pictures from Getty Images.

Charles and Camilla chat to members of the England cricket team during a reception to celebrate the birthday of UK Queen Elizabeth 11 at the British High Commission residency in New Delhi.

Profimedia

Last edited by a moderator:
they seem to be douing an Amazing job simply excellent :)

I love coming to India, says Prince Charles

Prince Charles, heir to the British throne, and his wife Camilla charmed their entry into India on Sunday as the royal couple began a six-day visit of a country they "love" and want to come again and again

http://www.hindustantimes.com/news/181_1659704,0008.htm

Britain's Prince Charles and Camilla arrive in India

NEW DELHI (AFP) - Britain's Prince Charles and his wife Camilla arrived in India for a six day visit, heading to a reception to celebrate Queen Elizabeth II's upcoming 80th birthday

http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20060326/wl_st...ls_060326193924

Prince Charles during a reception at Bhattmajra village in the Fatehgarh Sahib near Patiala in Punjab, 27 March 2006

from getty

Attachments

• 2.JPG
    2.JPG
    58.8 KB · Views: 146
  • 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    53.1 KB · Views: 192
  • 6.JPG
    6.JPG
    63.4 KB · Views: 159
  • 7.JPG
    7.JPG
    43.3 KB · Views: 176
  • 10.JPG
    10.JPG
    44.4 KB · Views: 157
  • 11.JPG
    11.JPG
    45.6 KB · Views: 152
  • 12.JPG
    12.JPG
    42.3 KB · Views: 133
Last edited:
Prince Charles (L) and his wife Camila arrive for a function at YadVindra Public School in Patiala, 27 March 2006

from getty

Attachments

• 11.JPG
    11.JPG
    38.4 KB · Views: 219
  • 12.JPG
    12.JPG
    32.6 KB · Views: 168
  • 13.JPG
    13.JPG
    46.7 KB · Views: 177
  • 14.JPG
    14.JPG
    45 KB · Views: 147
  • 15.JPG
    15.JPG
    48.7 KB · Views: 179
Last edited:
I've noticed a lot of leis on this trip. I knew it was a Hawaiian custom but never thought it was a Middle Eastern/Indian tradition.

Last edited:
what a busy schedule for the princes! they were out and about for so long: i think this month they get the award for the most hard-working royals! :)

they both look fantastic, really happy and enjoying the visit, which is always great to see.

I know why Camilla was wearing always same clothes during winter. She wanted to surprise us with daily new chic of fashion...Well done! ;)

ysbel said:
I've noticed a lot of luaus on this trip. I knew it was a Hawaiian
custom but never thought it was a Middle Eastern/Indian tradition.

Are you speaking of the flowers they are called leis .

Definitly love her outfit today. Really nice. Nice and exciting day today but what else would you expect from India.

Prince Charles, the Islamic dissident

http://commentisfree.guardian.co.uk/brian_whitaker/2006/03/prince_charles_the_islamic_dis.html

Duchess gets a glimpse of life behind the veil in Saudi Arabia

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.jhtml?xml=/news/2006/03/27/wroyal27.xml&sSheet=/news/2006/03/27/ixnewstop.html

Want to woo the Saudis? Send in Fred and Gladys

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article/0,,2-2104997,00.html

Last edited:
seto said:
Are you speaking of the flowers they are called leis .

Thanks seto. :) I corrected my post.

She really is humorously. I had read the article from telegraph.co.uk where she is joking about her waist...:D

Uk Press

Last edited:
Camilla's wardrobe has vastly improved since the first leg of the trip- far more flattering! They look very relaxed and polished. This is quite a long trip for a first overseas tour but they are doing wonderfully.

I hate to be cynical, but did their stop in Saudi Arabia yield any new jewelry?

I must say that I am very proud of Prince Charles and the Duchess of Cornwall. They have accomplished good things ever since they were married last April 2005. In her royal outings, the Duchess never fails to look superb and relaxed. In every event she attends, her being down-to-earth really comes out and she is proud of what she does. Together with the Prince of Wales, they make such a lovely and nice couple.

I hope we could see more of them in future events and trips in and outside of Great Britain. More power to them!

I think this tour is going better then the American tour IMO. Camilla seemed relaxed from the beginning. Some of my favorite pictures of them were when they were leaving the airport in Saudi Arabia, they just looked so happy together and Camilla looked great in those pictures.

I think it is going to be awhile unfortunately before we hear what jewelry Camilla received although I did read Charles was given a white Stallion and that was from a middle eastern paper.

Prince Charles (C) and his wife Camilla leave the Anadpur Saheb Gurudwara after offering prayers in the town of Anadpur Saheb, some 85 km from Chandigarh in the Ropar district, 28 March 2006

Prince Charles (L) and his wife Camilla watch 'Gutka', a traditional Sikh martial art, at Anadpur Saheb Gurudwara in the town of Anadpur Saheb, some 85 km from Chandigarh in the Ropar district, 28 March 2006

from getty

Attachments

• 11.JPG
    11.JPG
    35.7 KB · Views: 203
  • 12.JPG
    12.JPG
    32.9 KB · Views: 200
  • 15.JPG
    15.JPG
    48.1 KB · Views: 196
  • 16.JPG
    16.JPG
    42.1 KB · Views: 244
  • 17.JPG
    17.JPG
    40.2 KB · Views: 158
  • 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    41.2 KB · Views: 175
  • 2.JPG
    2.JPG
    31.2 KB · Views: 182
  • 3.JPG
    3.JPG
    43.5 KB · Views: 231
  • 4.JPG
    4.JPG
    39.4 KB · Views: 223
  • 5.JPG
    5.JPG
    47.4 KB · Views: 155
Last edited:
This hat just looks too funny on the Prince of Wales! :D Not something one would expect to see on his head, but I guess it's a required piece to wear at this sikh ceremony... The Duchess looked superb, as she often does!

Too funny?
HILLARIOUS
Oh my god, I love that thread

Just one comment to Picture 3: King and Queen of India

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom