Charles and Camilla: Visit to Egypt, Saudi Arabia and India - March 20-31, 2006

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Avalon said:
That was a great article, Skydragon! Thanks for posting it!:D

You are welcome! :)

BeatrixFan said:
Her Royal Highness seems to be enjoying her time with the children. I wonder if she wishes that she and Charles could have had children together.
Well who knows what the stork could bring... Or perhaps some IVF treatment... :D Well to be serious, I think that they are both happy with the children they have, they both seem to have rather close relationships with their families, and it's nice to see that they also get along with each other's. Perhaps if history would've been written differently, who knows what would've happened.

I hope Their Royal Highnesses will enjoy a great "recovery" stay after this fantastic and very successful trip. They've both done a superb job, it's hard to imagine how much energy, concentration and hard work such a long trip takes, being in the spotlight constantly and meeting so many people from such different cultures.

I seriously doubt that having children would be of any interest to them. They are at an age when grandchildren will soon arrive. They are finally an official couple and can truly enjoy doing their royal duties together. With the Queen turning 80 we will see many more of these tours being carried out by C & C.

I dont see children in the future but im sure we can expect a bundle of grandchildren from Tom and Laura.

Ya I think that Camillia is physically beyond the age of having childern now. Would be nice to see them as grandparents though.

Gladys said:
Another article from The Times:

Mr and Mrs P. C. say goodbye to tikka tour

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article/0,,25689-2113087_1,00.html

Great article! I especiall love this part:

She was signing a visitors’ book on a school visit when she asked if anyone could tell her the date. “It’s the 31st Ma’am,” said an aide. “And we are going home.” NI_MPU('middle');That must have been good news for the Duchess. She seems to have enjoyed her second official tour but, by the end, the heat and the strain of having to perform for almost two weeks was beginning to show and she was left looking frazzled.

love_cc said:
Another article from Times. The royal correspodent seems to be very interested in Camilla now.

Camilla, I love you

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article/0,,7-2113039_1,00.html

Just read the article and thought that, although, Camilla did do very well and how difficult trips like this are for them and the reference that he gets "paid" well for this, what would they do if they did not do tours such as these. They travel with servants and never do much for themselves. They receive every luxury available anywhere at the public expensive most of the time and they have no useful job. What should you expect of them? It is true that the Princess is dead quite a while now, but to refer to her as "manipulative", while mostly what she was doing was trying to manipulate was Camilla out of her marriage. So now we have a new "icon". Camilla should be given credit, she did this trip very well and she hung in there long enough, so that divorcee's are now accepted as "your highnesses".

I think the media is trying to reach a truce with Prince Charles if not a co-operation. The media caught a good chance because Camilla has married Prince Charles finally. The media knows that Camilla is very influencial in every opinion of Prince Charles and she is always his soundboard and touchstone. And Camilla is very easy to talk with therefore they hope that Camilla can build the bridge between the media and Prince Charles to smooth the conflicts throughout these years. It is a good idea of course.

I always think Camilla is very important to Charles for everything. He is very much in love with her and dotes her very much. He hates to be neglected or being undermined. If Camilla can help smooth the relationships between Charles and the media, Charles and his parents, that will be great. Camilla can help him find the peace and contentment and that improves his calmness about everything.

redfox6 said:
Camilla should be given credit, she did this trip very well and she hung in there long enough, so that divorcee's are now accepted as "your highnesses".

Camilla isn't the first divorcee to get married to the heir to the throne. Letizia on her marriage to Felipe of Spain started this trend.

Camilla deserves credit for the hard work that she has had to do since marrying Prince Charles. I think that she did really well in the US and this middle Eastern trip was far tougher. I was never a fan of Camilla, but I think that she hs working very hard with a spoilt man and both of them seem really happy working together. My husband is British and he never wants to see her as Queen though!

redfox6 said:
They receive every luxury available anywhere at the public expensive most of the time and they have no useful job. What should you expect of them?

No it is not 'at the public expense most of the time'. Shocking as it may be to you, they have enough money and investments of their own, not to have to work, ever!
Charles does a brilliant job, supporting young people born without his privileges. Camilla supports him 100%.

What do I as a UK citizen expect of them, nothing more than they are doing right now!

redfox6 said:
They receive every luxury available anywhere at the public expensive most of the time and they have no useful job.
I suppose this is another case of never letting the facts get in the way of a good backhander.

If you want to know what the Prince of Wales does, have a look at this: http://www.princeofwales.gov.uk/about/rol_index.html

Instead of repeating the old furphy of "...at the public expense", get the facts, here: http://www.princeofwales.gov.uk/about/duc_index.html

Happy reading. :)

What none of us (including me), should forget, is the wonderful job Charles and Camilla have done for the UK on this trip.

They were, it seems well received everywhere they went and I am immensely proud of the fact that they represented me and my country and that one day, they will be my King and Queen.

One thing that stands out about their trip for me is that though Camilla wore a different outfit each day, she wore the same pair of shoes and the same hat. Though I couldn't stand the hat, I give tremendous credit for her restraint. Her wardrobe was classic and understated, what she needed to get the job done, but not a display of wealth. It was also obvious that this trip wasn't a "breeze", they did a lot of traveling under uncomfortable conditions and I think they deserve a round of applause.

I've just removed a whole slew of off-topic posts.

If anyone wants to start a thread about whether the royal family in general or Prince Charles in particular give value for money, please feel free to do so. It isn't an appropriate topic of discussion on this thread.

If anyone wants to have yet another discussion on the relative merits of Charles and Camilla versus Diana, this thread seems to be where it's going on at the moment:

http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f38/charles-diana-2444.html

If you do decide to go over there, be warned that most of these "I hate Charles!" "I hate Camilla!" "I hate Diana!" threads tend to get closed when feelings run so high that rules start getting broken. This thread is about a specific visit which is now over. It's fine to discuss reactions to the visit, but it isn't fine to go off topic into rehashed discussions of contentious areas.

Elspeth

British Royals moderator

Last edited:
This forum needs a repenting booth with an in-house father I think.lol.

I have been pleasantly surprised by the sang-froid shown by the Duchess during this eastern tour. Besides the odd fashion critique thrown in for good measure ;) , I watched the princely visit from a distance that was, I think, beneficial for the the thoughts I am willing to put forth.

1. Still despise the hair.lol.
2. Has adapted smoothly to life within court and is, I think, turning out to be a capable and much admired (so it would seem) representative of the British establishment.
3. Shows an enthusiasm when interacting with people, a common touch I suppose one could say...as is evident amonsgt her European counterparts, ie Mary, Maxima, Mette-Marit, Mathilda etc.
4. Has a real love of pearls (I think we all recognise that).
5. Makes her husband very happy & visa versa.
6. Will no doubt make a good Consort, no matter what the title (I'm hoping for Princess but that's just my personal opinion).
7. And, her legs are actually quite good.

"MII"

Last edited:
Margrethe II said:
5. Makes her husband very happy & visa versa.
6. Will no doubt make a good Consort, no matter what the title (I'm hoping for Princess but that's just my personal opinion).

They are a marvelous couple, which was evident in this latest trip and I believe that Camilla will make a perfect Queen Consort and there is no reason to deny her that.
I have always thought she was a warm and friendly woman, the sort you could chat to about anything and I am glad to see others coming to the same realisation.

This week's HELLO features their visit.

image from hellomagazine.com

Attachments

• he913big.jpg
    he913big.jpg
    29.9 KB · Views: 196
Refer Elspeth's post #289.

Last edited:
Royal couple flourish in marital bliss printResizeButton(); Camilla, Duchess of Cornwall, will have a lot to smile about on the first anniversary of her wedding to Prince Charles this coming Sunday.

http://english.people.com.cn/200604/07/eng20060407_256664.html

This article is about the visit, as well as their 1st year of marriage and how the press from different countries has treated them, so I think it is in the right thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom