The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > The Prince of Wales and the Duchess of Cornwall

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 11-07-2009, 09:34 PM
Gentry

Fantastic story and great photos, ghost_night! Congratulations!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaya View Post
Why did they go to Dundurn Castle ? It is just an overblown mansion actually with low ceilings. Much ado about nothing.

You really haven't followed this visit, have you?

Old 11-07-2009, 09:39 PM
Heir Presumptive

Your photos are wonderful, ghost_night. They are more special than photos taken by professionals because you took them, and they will help you recall the event. It's great you have a pic of her holding the flowers you gave her. The first shot of Camilla extending her hand is a very nice one. Your excitement comes through in your report. What fun for you.

Old 11-08-2009, 12:20 AM
Heir Presumptive

Ghost_night thanks for the detailed account of what happened and for the pictures. It makes me feel like I was there. What a wonderful experience that I'm sure you'll never forget!
Old 11-08-2009, 03:03 AM
Heir Apparent

Thanks everyone for the nice comments, I don't think I'll ever forget today. You guys greatly helped me out too in answering my questions in the days leading up to this. I can't wait to wake up tomorrow so I can go and print my photos and put them into a photo album along with the letter and book I received just 2 days earlier from Prince Charles. I can't wait to see what's in store for them tomorrow in Victoria should be great. I hope they enjoy the rest of their trip.
Old 11-08-2009, 06:02 AM
Heir Presumptive

Great pics ghost_night554!

Gallery Zimbio - Day 6
The Prince Of Wales And Duchess Of Cornwall Visit Canada - Day 6 - Pictures - Zimbio

Prince Charles and the Duchess of Cornwall wear a Coast Salish First Nation Band cedar wreath and blanket presented by Lieutenant-Governor Steven Point during a dinner in Victoria, British Columbia November 7, 2009.
Daylife
Daylife
Daylife
Daylife
Daylife
Daylife
Old 11-08-2009, 10:04 AM
Royal Highness

ghost_night-great pictures. Did you get a letter and book from PrinceCharles because you wrote to Him? What is the book subject. I went back a few posts, but didn't see any to answer my questions. Sorry.
Old 11-08-2009, 10:12 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghost_night554 View Post
She finally reached where I was. She came up to me I said " Hello so nice to meet you (I'm a total idiot I forgot to call her Your Royal Highness) and I shook her hand. She said thank you so much for coming out and then looked at my flowers and said are those for me in which I nodded. She then took the flowers from me. Security went to take them from her but she wanted to carry them..... I have to say she is such a sweet person and she is really beautiful in real life. I am just shocked and I really think anyone who has a problem with Camilla should think twice.
Congratulations ghost_night554, I am so glad you were given the chance to see and talk to her. The photographs are wonderful and I am certain she didn't think you were an idiot. Once again, congratulations.
--------------------
The Duchess of Cornwall has been hailed as a Queen by an admirer who stole a kiss from the royal.
Canadian Daniel Logue, 43, surprised Camilla by taking her hand and planting a kiss on it as she toured a botanical garden in Vancouver.
The duchess appeared flattered by the attention of her fan who told her just before he made the affectionate gesture: "I'd like to kiss the hand of the future Queen of England."

The Press Association: Admirer steals a kiss from Camilla
Old 11-08-2009, 12:50 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgiea View Post
ghost_night-great pictures. Did you get a letter and book from PrinceCharles because you wrote to Him? What is the book subject. I went back a few posts, but didn't see any to answer my questions. Sorry.
Ya I wrote to him thanking him for all his hard work over the years and that I was excited for them to come to Vancouver and he wrote back and sent me a book about his Rainforest Project And thanks Sky haha I totally had like a blackout moment when she came up to me. I was so shocked which honestly I didn't think I would be that I wasn't really paying attention to what I was saying to her so it's a miracle I even remember as much as I do. My mom's face when she shook her hand was priceless
Old 11-08-2009, 02:23 PM
Imperial Majesty

You are more than welcome, you will probably remember more when the shock finally wears off.
----------------------------

No royal trip is complete without a silly hat, and yesterday it was the turn of Prince Charles and Camilla to don questionable head gear.

And with his mother still going strong as she approaches 60 years on the throne, it is the nearest the Prince of Wales will come to being crowned for the foreseeable future.
Still, he was delighted to receive the eye-catching First Nations headdress at a dinner in British Columbia yesterday mid-way through his gruelling 11-day tour of Canada.
First Nations is a term of ethnicity that refers to the indigenous Aboriginal people of Canada.
Old 11-08-2009, 02:29 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
King for a day: Prince Charles is 'crowned' on trip to Canada with Camilla | Mail Online
Wait wait a minute! Did i really read these following sentences IN THE D... MAIL:

" After an initially cool welcome, Charles and Camilla's 'meet and greet' trip has been greeted by increasing enthusiasm by Canadians, who have praised their warmth and enthusiasm.
Many commentators have expressed surprise at the 'surprisingly stylish' Duchess, who was last night wearing a midnight blue 'corset-style' top and skirt by designer Anna Valentine."

I'm shocked
Old 11-08-2009, 02:33 PM
Nobility

Just wait - a day or two - and the DM will be back to normal!
Old 11-08-2009, 06:12 PM
Royal Highness
Royal Blogger, TRF Author

Congratulations, ghost_night. I'm glad you had a pleasant experience!

And I'm sure she's used to people forgetting what they were going to say. Any royal fan would probably get that worked up.... :)
Old 11-08-2009, 06:17 PM
Serene Highness

Some pics from the morning service in Victoria :

http://cache1.asset-cache.net/xc/928...CB3A94F32B2086

http://cache1.asset-cache.net/xc/928...46D0CD0EC73941

http://cache4.asset-cache.net/xc/928...D99CB45FD34EE6

http://cache3.asset-cache.net/xc/928...CBD39221FE6D12
Old 11-08-2009, 06:42 PM
Heir Presumptive

ghost_night- I so enjoyed your postings about Camilla in Canada, and you and your mother meeting her! Thank you so much for posting your personal account of the events- you are a lucky person! God Bless! (Yep, I guess you DONT look like a terrorist after all!) ha! :)
Old 11-08-2009, 08:11 PM
Serene Highness

Some very nice videos from the Royal Channel on Youtube :

Arrival:

Day two:

Day three

Day Four

Day five

Old 11-09-2009, 05:21 AM
Imperial Majesty

The royal couple joined a congregation in Victoria, British Colombia, to mark the sombre occasion on the same day the Queen led the nation in honouring Britain's fallen servicemen and women.
In bright autumn sunshine, they arrived and took their seats in the front pew of the Anglican Christ Church Cathedral

Prince of Wales and Duchess of Cornwall commemorate Canada's war dead - Telegraph

When I was invited to meet Camilla, the Duchess of Cornwall, at VanDusen Botanical Garden, where she planted a tree on Saturday, I immediately began to think about what questions I might ask her.

Camilla's Highgrove camassias break the ice
Old 11-09-2009, 05:26 AM
Heir Presumptive

Zimbio gallery - Day 7
The Prince Of Wales And Duchess Of Cornwall Visit Canada - Day 7 - Pictures - Zimbio

Mediumphoto gallery

IBL gallery
Old 11-09-2009, 06:57 AM
Aristocracy

Love the videos! Thanks!
Old 11-09-2009, 11:47 AM
Imperial Majesty

Prince Charles and his wife Camilla, Duchess of Cornwall, will wrap up their four-day visit to the West Coast at the Esquimalt Canadian Forces base west of Victoria on Monday morning.
They will attend a celebration honouring the Canadian navy, which marks its 100th anniversary in 2010, and fly to Ottawa in the afternoon

CBC News - British Columbia - Royals wrap up B.C. visit at CFB Esquimalt
Old 11-09-2009, 12:14 PM
Serene Highness

Two more videos for our collection :

Day6

Day 7

Tags
camilla, canada, charles, visit, visit to canada