The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > The Prince of Wales and the Duchess of Cornwall

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 11-13-2012, 09:39 AM
Heir Apparent

I agree, I think The Prince of Wales is pretty happy with his current role. Although I do think he will try to be involved with a great even when he's Monarch.

Old 11-13-2012, 02:11 PM
Serene Highness

The couple in on day off today :

Prince Charles, Camilla get break from hectic schedule - National News | TVNZ

Old 11-13-2012, 03:24 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nico
I read that someone tried to throw horse manure on him, but they got caught. My mom and I were thinking about what Anne would say. Then my mom started singing "When I'm 64".
Old 11-13-2012, 04:57 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahedwards2

I read that someone tried to throw horse manure on him, but they got caught. My mom and I were thinking about what Anne would say. Then my mom started singing "When I'm 64".
Of course you were thinking of Anne when something involving Prince Charles comes up.
Old 11-13-2012, 05:22 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
Of course you were thinking of Anne when something involving Prince Charles comes up.
Yes, because it was horse manure!
Old 11-13-2012, 06:13 PM
Heir Presumptive

Not that I don't enjoy talking about horse manure but, I must admit that as a 27 year old female I've developed something of a crush on Charles. I think he looks more and more distinguished, helped by his increasingly silver hair. He also has an attractive speaking voice.

He seems to be sporting one of those 'plebeian' tans (presumably picked up while working in his gardens) which really suits him IMO.
Old 11-13-2012, 07:40 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by EIIR
Not that I don't enjoy talking about horse manure but, I must admit that as a 27 year old female I've developed something of a crush on Charles. I think he looks more and more distinguished, helped by his increasingly silver hair. He also has an attractive speaking voice.

He seems to be sporting one of those 'plebeian' tans (presumably picked up while working in his gardens) which really suits him IMO.
As a 51 year old female I agree with you that the Prince is looking more & more distinguished as he ages. I certainly think he is more attractive now than as a young man.

I think he's one of those men who just improves with age.
Old 11-13-2012, 08:41 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madame Royale
I think he looks quite distinguished; certainly as he's aged he looks more and more sophisticated than he did in his 30's and 40's.

He looks to be in very good shape. Charles knows, and has long believed, that we are what we eat. His diet would naturally support a healthy immune system and a trim physique in accompaniment of regular exercise (whatever that may be for him).
Picture it. The Queen doing Water Aerobics.
Old 11-14-2012, 04:14 AM
Heir Apparent

When I'm Sixty-Four... Prince Charles celebrates brithday - Telegraph

When I'm Sixty-Four... Prince Charles celebrates brithday

The Prince of Wales celebrated his 64th birthday with the Duchess of Cornwall in New Zealand.
Old 11-14-2012, 08:34 AM
Heir Apparent

C&C in Wellington at Governmnet House

The Prince Of Wales And Duchess Of Cornwall Visit New Zealand - Day 5 - Pictures - Zimbio
Old 11-14-2012, 12:00 PM
Heir Apparent

Old 11-14-2012, 12:06 PM
Heir Apparent

Old 11-14-2012, 12:09 PM
Heir Apparent

Prince Charles and Camilla, Duchess of Cornwall, in New Zealand | Spletnik.ru
To wander on in a huge forest without thought of return. To stand upon the shore and gaze after a boat that disappears behind distant islands. To contemplate the flight of wild geese seen and lost among the clouds.
And, subtle shadows of bamboo on bamboo." Zeami Motokiyo
Old 11-14-2012, 12:40 PM
Serene Highness

DM article :

Birthday boy Prince Charles can't hide his excitement after Hobbit dwarf drops to one knee | Mail Online#
Old 11-14-2012, 08:53 PM
Serene Highness

Video of the birthday boy :

Royal birthday celebrations underway in Wellington - National News | TVNZ
Old 11-14-2012, 10:23 PM
Heir Apparent

Royal birthday cake recipe:
Royal birthday cake recipe - National News | TVNZ
Old 11-14-2012, 10:25 PM
Heir Apparent

I must say, HRH look good for his age and seems pretty healthy. It just reminds me that he will be up there when he come to the throne and I do wonder how long he reign will last?
Old 11-15-2012, 06:15 AM
Heir Presumptive

If even the deeply republican newspaper The Australian is judging Charles and Camilla's visit a success, then TRH can be very happy:

Quote:
"Despite a modest build up, and perhaps low expectations, public interest was substantial - the visit widely reported nationally and dominating local news coverage at each destination.

"There were no slip-ups, embarrassments or incidents, and the Prince of Wales proved to be the very model of a modern heir to the throne. And Australians seem to welcome and warm to him as such.

“Given the trials that have beset the royal family, and the prince in particular, critics have been quick to point to him as a weakness in the line of succession.

"His mother, the Queen , has earned deep and longstanding respect and admiration from Australians, and the dashing young couple of Prince William and the Duchess of Cambridge have added a new level of excitement and interest for royal watchers.

"Given the tragic events surrounding Charles's first marriage and the death of Princess Diana, some feared the public might not warm to his new wife and lifelong friend Camilla. But the graceful way she fulfilled her duties on this visit - and the way the public responded - has consigned such doubts to history.”
Full article here:

Cookies must be enabled. | The Australian
Old 11-15-2012, 07:44 AM
Serene Highness

Hear ! Hear!

I think it was, indeed, one of their best tour...
Old 11-15-2012, 09:21 AM
Serene Highness

Day 6 of the NZ tour :

The Prince Of Wales And Duchess Of Cornwall Visit New Zealand - Day 6 Thumbnails - Pictures - Zimbio