The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > The Prince of Wales and the Duchess of Cornwall

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 11-12-2012, 12:11 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madame Royale View Post
Or, being in New Zealand and not Australia, perhaps her evening gown would be more likely to attract a Kiwi

And although it's a fairly unattractive gown, I can appreciate what Camilla was trying to convey through the use colour.
Thanks - I can never remember where emus come from - other than my zoo. I agree that the attempt to please with the dress is worth noting.

Old 11-12-2012, 02:07 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdmirerUS View Post
Thanks - I can never remember where emus come from - other than my zoo. I agree that the attempt to please with the dress is worth noting.
I don't know what emus like, but I certainly agree with Prince Charles' taste.

Old 11-12-2012, 02:35 PM
Serene Highness

Day 3 in NZ :

The Prince Of Wales And Duchess Of Cornwall Visit New Zealand - Day 3 Thumbnails - Pictures - Zimbio
Old 11-12-2012, 03:01 PM
Gentry

Oh dear - I see what you mean about the gown! Well, maybe it was better in person - or some other nice thing that was said. Might have silenced some protesters ... Hmm ...
Old 11-12-2012, 04:29 PM
Majesty

I love Camilla's gown - it looks fanstastic - colour and design.
Old 11-12-2012, 05:40 PM
Courtier

I love too but without this cape. Very "Chicago" (musical )
Old 11-12-2012, 07:02 PM
Nobility

He's going to be 64 on Wednesday but looks much older!
Old 11-12-2012, 07:30 PM
Majesty

I personally think he looks very good for a man in his mid-60s - far from looking older I think he looks fine. He certainly doesn't look any older than my friends and colleagues in their mid-60s.
Old 11-12-2012, 08:08 PM
Heir Apparent

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iluvbertie View Post
I personally think he looks very good for a man in his mid-60s - far from looking older I think he looks fine. He certainly doesn't look any older than my friends and colleagues in their mid-60s.
I guess it depends on which spot on the age line you're looking at him from.

From my spot, I think he looks fit and trim and healthy. Compared to lets say.... Steve Tyler and Alice Cooper (rockers that you can definitely see the effects of sex, drugs and rock n' roll on), Charles is looking very good for his 64 years.
Old 11-12-2012, 08:17 PM
Nobility

I've been delighted to see how well-received and welcome the Royal couple have been in Australia and New Zealand.
Old 11-12-2012, 09:08 PM
Heir Presumptive

I think he looks fine for his age. Unfortuately, Camilla, looks older than she should. I, believe, years of smoking have done that.
Old 11-12-2012, 09:32 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by COUNTESS
I think he looks fine for his age. Unfortuately, Camilla, looks older than she should. I, believe, years of smoking have done that.
He's the oldest ever Prince of Wales! Even Edward VII was only 59 when his mother died!
Old 11-12-2012, 10:17 PM
Majesty

But he isn't the oldest heir to the throne or the oldest to succeed. William IV was very close to 65 when he succeeded his older brother being 64 and 10 months at his accession.

Edward VII also didn't take much care of his health smoking very heavily all his life and ate enormous meals as well.
Old 11-12-2012, 10:51 PM
Heir Apparent

I think he looks quite distinguished; certainly as he's aged he looks more and more sophisticated than he did in his 30's and 40's.

He looks to be in very good shape. Charles knows, and has long believed, that we are what we eat. His diet would naturally support a healthy immune system and a trim physique in accompaniment of regular exercise (whatever that may be for him).

"Dressing is a way of life" - Monsieur Saint Laurent
Old 11-12-2012, 11:06 PM
Serene Highness

I actually think Charles looks better now than he did 20 years ago, but I also think that's because he's finally "grown into his looks". What I mean by that is thanks to his facial features, he had the kind of "look" that really didn't fit w/his age at the time IMO.

Now however is the best he's looked in ages and half of that is due to, IMO, he's finally looking his age facial wise and it finally really fits for the first time. The other half is due to him being happy w/his relationship and personal life.

As I said, JMO and I *know* I didn't express myself the way I'd like to up there, but please be assured it was *not* an attack on the Prince.

Is tomorrow the day he gets to visit Middle Earth? *turns green w/envy*
Old 11-12-2012, 11:36 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iluvbertie
But he isn't the oldest heir to the throne or the oldest to succeed. William IV was very close to 65 when he succeeded his older brother being 64 and 10 months at his accession.

Edward VII also didn't take much care of his health smoking very heavily all his life and ate enormous meals as well.
I stand corrected. One more year and he'll be the oldest. I pray Her Majesty lives to surpass Victoria as the longest-reigning British monarch.
Old 11-13-2012, 04:50 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
He's the oldest ever Prince of Wales! Even Edward VII was only 59 when his mother died!
And is this supposed to be wrong ?
Old 11-13-2012, 06:08 AM
Royal Highness

Being Heir/Monarch today is very different from the past. While in the past the monarch commanded and the heir obeyed till it was his time to become monarch, nowadays the monarch has lot of merely ceremonial duties while the heir has a lot more time to do things important for him. Thus, I think Charles is pretty glad to be still the heir.
Old 11-13-2012, 09:09 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahedwards2 View Post
I hope from the bottom of my heart that he will be the Prince of Wales for a long time coming. And I'm sure he feels the same way.