The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > The Prince of Wales and the Duchess of Cornwall

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 11-05-2011, 11:39 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Monaco and Sweden

Day 4, November 5th and again lots of great shots:

** gettyimages/zimbio gallery: Camilla, Duchess of Cornwall and Prince Charles Visit South Africa on Day 4 **

Old 11-05-2011, 11:41 AM
Commoner

Love Camilla's outfit again! they both look great

Old 11-05-2011, 12:11 PM
Majesty

It's wonderful to see them enjoying their trip. They both look great, and the Camila's attire choice is praise-worthy.

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 11-05-2011, 03:46 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oliv View Post
Love Camilla's outfit again! they both look great
Agreed. And it's wonderful to see that not only are they enjoying their trip but they so obviously enjoy being together.
Old 11-06-2011, 09:13 AM
Serene Highness

Some very nice pics from Flickr :

The Prince of Wales and The Duchess of Cornwall visit Cape Town on their Autumn Tour

POW's speech at Cap Town University :

http://www.princeofwales.gov.uk/spee...les/index.html
Old 11-06-2011, 12:19 PM
Serene Highness

Video of the speech :

Old 11-06-2011, 01:09 PM
Super Moderator

The journey goes on, the couple has arrived in Tanzania today, November 6:

** gettyimages/zimbio gallery: Camilla, Duchess of Cornwall and Prince Charles Visit Tanzania - Day 1 **
Old 11-06-2011, 03:14 PM
Serene Highness

A "fashion bombshell" from the POW ? Well anyway some nice photos in this article :

'I'm a classic, timeless, man' says Prince Charles as he chats about his fashion sense in Cape Town | Mail Online
Old 11-06-2011, 04:05 PM
Serene Highness

Earlier today the royal couple attended a Sunday Service in cap town :

Old 11-06-2011, 06:16 PM
Heir Apparent

Prince Charles: 'My Fashion Sense Only Changes Every 25 Years' (PHOTOS)
Old 11-06-2011, 08:12 PM
Heir Apparent

I think Charles is a witty and charming man and his "sense of fashion only changes every 25 years" comment is a typical, laughing self-(fashion) deprecating statement. Not something people should think is graven in stone.

His sartorial taste is modern enough and fashionable enough to land him on the Best Dressed List on occasion, 2009 being the last I think. His lightweight suits worn in Africa seem to have passed the fashion commentators by as they shake their heads at his wearing a 'heavy suit" in the heat of Africa.

Obviously there is a dearth of journalists who actually have a sense of humour let alone those who can recognise it as they watch and listen witlessly as Charles strides cheerfully in his father's (humorous) footsteps!

Fashion-wise, this has been a great tour for Camilla. I especially liked her white trousers and blue frock coat, as well as her beautifully coloured and patterned dresses worn with an assortment of jackets, her parasol the ultimate accessory! I just wish we could have seen Charles in a safari suit at least once, but I'll settle for his beautifully cut lightweight grey suits.
Old 11-06-2011, 08:37 PM
Commoner

Old 11-06-2011, 11:43 PM
Heir Presumptive

Prince Charles: 'My Fashion Sense Only Changes Every 25 Years' (PHOTOS)

You can't help but laugh with Prince Charles.
Old 11-07-2011, 12:03 AM
Royal Highness

Yeah,Prince Charles can be very witty and ironic sometimes,I always laugh about his fathers legendary awkward quotes,but he is also funny!
I believe both Camilla and Charles take great care in their outfits,they always look proper and elegant without trying too hard.It seems they are enjoying their time in Africa,I guess they are are happy they can leave Great Britain when it´s foggy and cold there ;-)
Old 11-07-2011, 12:21 AM
Majesty

I would have said that Charles changes his style about once every 50 years - it has never changed. I don't think Camilla looked all that good on this trip - poor dress choices on too many occasions which is surprising as she normally gets it right.
Old 11-07-2011, 05:57 AM
Heir Apparent

If it wasn't the fashion that was so great it must have been the sheer happiness they exude as they move around Africa. Their smiles are infectious and a joy to behold.
Old 11-07-2011, 05:59 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARG View Post
I think Charles is a witty and charming man and his "sense of fashion only changes every 25 years" comment is a typical, laughing self-(fashion) deprecating statement. Not something people should think is graven in stone.

His sartorial taste is modern enough and fashionable enough to land him on the Best Dressed List on occasion, 2009 being the last I think. His lightweight suits worn in Africa seem to have passed the fashion commentators by as they shake their heads at his wearing a 'heavy suit" in the heat of Africa.

Quite right. This was just an example of the self deprecating humour the British are best at!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARG View Post
Fashion-wise, this has been a great tour for Camilla. I especially liked her white trousers and blue frock coat, as well as her beautifully coloured and patterned dresses worn with an assortment of jackets, her parasol the ultimate accessory!
I thought she was well dressed, as usual.

The "white trousers and blue frock coat" have been a favourite of Camilla's for some time. The ensemble first made its debut on her first official trip to the ME in 2006, and has been used extensively since then in travels to Asia and Africa.
Old 11-07-2011, 07:15 AM
Super Moderator

Day 2 in Tanzania, November 7, has started with a warm welcome at the State House in Dar Es Salaam.

Pics from the whole day can be found here:

** gettyimages/zimbio gallery: Camilla, Duchess of Cornwall and Prince Charles Visit Tanzania - Day 2 **
Old 11-07-2011, 01:32 PM
Heir Apparent

Prince Charles and Camilla, Duchess of Cornwall's royal tour of Tanzania - Telegraph

Some lovely pictures of C&C from Tanzania
Old 11-07-2011, 02:51 PM
Heir Presumptive

Prince Charles and Camilla, Duchess of Cornwall's royal tour of Tanzania - Telegraph

I think this is my favourite photo of the royal couple ever.

Tags
charles; camilla; africa; royal tour; tanzania