The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 05-21-2014, 07:42 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacknch View Post
With regard to the impersonation of the Queen, it was embarrassing and dreadful - I wouldn't have known where to look and Camilla particularly looked like she felt the same. Apart from that, the announcer saying "please welcome her royal highness the Queen" added to the tackiness.
Earlier they introduced Camilla as "Her Grace, the Duchess of Cornwall"

Old 05-21-2014, 07:48 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ontario Royalist View Post
That was good for a chuckle. Made my day, actually.
It was nice of you to let me know that my comments amused you. Subjects of the Commonwealth realms have amusing views/perceptions as well.

Old 05-21-2014, 08:32 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by cepe View Post
...This is low-life journalism...
Several articles say 'in full view of the media', which cannot possibly be expected to be 'private conversation'. He is entitled to his opinion, however if he wishes to someday be the a political monarch, he would be well advised to button it. The negotiations ongoing with Putin and the west dont need C stirring the pot. It will be interesting what happens when C meets Putin again next month.
Old 05-21-2014, 08:34 PM
Heir Apparent

Already mentioned that they are not expected to meet (source UK media)

EDIT: The articles are quoting the DM - the BBC are saying otherwise. But frankly its hardly earth shattering stuff.

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Old 05-21-2014, 08:42 PM
Courtier

As a long as he not party politcal then I see no problem.
Old 05-21-2014, 08:57 PM
Heir Presumptive

You dont think that it's a problem when he equates a sitting head of state with Adolph Hitler? Really?
Old 05-21-2014, 09:01 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by royalistbert View Post
As a long as he not party politcal then I see no problem.
I think he could be cautious. He's old enough to know better. In one sense it is more important for the Prince of Wales to keep his personal views about other countries' leaders to himself. I recall another Prince of Wales in the 1930s expressed his regard for the Nazis. If the situation in Germany had subsequently taken a different course those remarks might not have even made a footnote in the history books, but Charles should be mindful of that example.
Old 05-21-2014, 09:06 PM
Courtier

What Putin is doing right now is similar to what Hitler was doing back then before the war. I have no problem with that.
Old 05-21-2014, 09:10 PM
Aristocracy

The Prince of Wales said nothing but the truth. He showed he understand what's happening in the world and it's possible consequences. I think that's a good quality in a Head of State.

Putin is a crazy man with no limits. He should be stopped now, before he really become like Hitler.
Old 05-21-2014, 09:16 PM
Courtier

Any I read a tweet earlier about very strange comment from Charles about him not living a long enough to visit Canada again.
Old 05-21-2014, 09:19 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
What Putin is doing right now is similar to what Hitler was doing back then before the war. I have no problem with that.
I have no problem with him thinking that, and I share that view, but it is controversial, and I think Prince Charles, the future King of England, should not express his opinions about such matters within the hearing of a journalist.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cris M View Post
The Prince of Wales said nothing but the truth. He showed he understand what's happening in the world and it's possible consequences. I think that's a good quality in a Head of State.
In an elected Head of State, maybe, but not in someone who is really only a figurehead and whose only qualification for his position is the fact he was born to the right parents.
Old 05-21-2014, 09:19 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duc_et_Pair View Post
I am happy that the Duchess showed her being "most not amused", remaining stonefaced and stoc. The Prince diplomatically, half-hearted, applauded. I found Camilla's reaction the best. Why should anyone always pretend things are funny, when it was not funny at all?
Because, when a guest, it never hurts to show good manners. It's the keep calm and carry on mentality.

And today - Rebecca psost about The Prince of Wales being chuffed. Rebecca English ‏@RE_DailyMail 1h Prince Charles looked chuffed to bits with the Mountie hat he was given in Canada today...#royaltour #princecharles pic.twitter.com/mSOviEtDjV

I don't think she will ease herself out of yesterday's tweet all that easily.
The two important things I did learn were that you are as powerful and strong as you allow yourself to be, and that the most difficult part of any endeavor is taking the first step, making the first decision"Robyn Davidson
Old 05-21-2014, 10:12 PM
Commoner

Yes, he did say something to that effect. I'm trying to find an exact quote.

Quote:
Any I read a tweet earlier about very strange comment from Charles about him not living a long enough to visit Canada again.
Old 05-21-2014, 10:38 PM
Aristocracy

Any pics from today? I'm really quite busy here and didn't get a chance to check. I can't muster up any sympathy for Putin,the man is an idiot and the whole world knows it.
Old 05-22-2014, 01:23 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by PetticoatLane View Post
...I agree with his sentiment on Putin, but he should simply not have said what he did...
I applaud his comment. Time to put dictators in the right perspective.
Old 05-22-2014, 01:49 AM
Heir Apparent

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
I think it is time to move on and leave political opinions and use a bit more diplomacy when discussing the various differences in heads of state, princes or regimes and governments. It really gets us no where real fast and makes our moderators grumble under their breath as they clean up the thread.
Old 05-22-2014, 05:09 AM
Heir Apparent

Camilla Parker Bowles Photos - Zimbio

This is a good gallery of pictures from the recent trip to Canada by C&C
Old 05-22-2014, 05:26 AM
Nobility

Quote:
I don't see why it's necessary to criticize all Canadian comics
I cannot see how my words can [remotely] be interpreted as critical of all Canadian comedians !

Since you obviously have good ones, why on Earth was this rubbish one chosen ? As i said it is extremely disrespectful to embarrass a guest !
Old 05-22-2014, 10:29 AM
Majesty

Sky News Newsdesk ‏@SkyNewsBreak 3h
Russian foreign ministry: if reports true that Prince Charles likened Putin to Hitler the remarks were "unacceptable, outrageous and low"

Dr. Maya Angelou
Old 05-22-2014, 10:50 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
Sky News Newsdesk ‏@SkyNewsBreak 3h
Russian foreign ministry: if reports true that Prince Charles likened Putin to Hitler the remarks were "unacceptable, outrageous and low"
And true as well.

Tags
camilla, canada, duchess of cornwall, prince charles, prince of wales