Charles and Camilla: Official Visit to Bahrain, Oman and the UAE - November 2016

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

muriel

Imperial Majesty
City
London / Guildford
Country
United Kingdom
This thread can be used to discuss the forthcoming trip to the Middle East by TRH

What do a Prince and a Duchess do with a day off in Manama? Hang with friends, I'd guess? Spa day?
I greatly appreciate the summary at the bottom of the itinerary.

What do a Prince and a Duchess do with a day off in Manama? Hang with friends, I'd guess? Spa day?
I greatly appreciate the summary at the bottom of the itinerary.

Perhaps they'll just kick back in lounge chairs sipping iced tea together and thing how amazing it would be to take some time and go hang gliding with the Dalai Lama in their weekend tea clothes?

:hiding:

Court Circular 4th November:

The Prince of Wales this morning departed from Royal Air Force Brize Norton for Oman and was received upon arrival at Muscat Seeb International Airport this evening by His Highness Sayyid Haitham bin Tariq bin Taimur Al Said (Minister of Heritage and Culture), on behalf of The Sultan of Oman, and Her Majesty's Ambassador to the Sultanate of Oman (His Excellency Mr. Jonathan Wilks). Mr. Clive Alderton, Mr. James Bowden, Mr. Julian Payne, Miss Eva Omaghomi, Surgeon Captain David Hett RN, Major Harry Pilcher and Mrs. Amanda MacManus are in attendance.

I am looking forward to seeing some pictures. Such an amazing region, I look forward to seeing more. :flowers:

Do we know why the POW and DOC arrived on different fights? They were together for Day one of the Columbia visit, he was also there on the 2nd and then?
Nothing in the CC about the DOC departing, either. I'm assuming it was family or spa related... :flowers:

Do we know why the POW and DOC arrived on different fights? They were together for Day one of the Columbia visit, he was also there on the 2nd and then?
Nothing in the CC about the DOC departing, either. I'm assuming it was family or spa related... :flowers:

Just some guesses: Camilla does not like to fly and she gets severe vertigo and motion sickness. In the past, she has flown ahead to get her bearings.

In India she was there several days ahead of prince Charles at a health and beauty spa. Obviously this isn't one of those spa trips.

Have you noticed that some of the worst pictures of Camilla are when she is coming off a plane. I sympathize because I get severe motion sickness.

Or to be like the daily mail : CAMILLA and CHARLES ARRiVE in the MIDDLE EAST on SEPARATE FLIGHTS! THE MARRIAGE IS OVER!?

I've read that Camilla occasionally flies on ahead by a couple of days in order to acclimatise to the heat of certain countries before a tour starts.

Court Circular 5th November:
The Prince of Wales and The Duchess of Cornwall today carried out the following engagements in Oman.

Their Royal Highnesses this morning attended a Cultural Arrival at the Palace Boulevard, Muscat, and were received by His Highness Sayyid Haitham bin Tariq bin Taimur Al Said.

The Prince of Wales, accompanied by Sayyid Haitham, afterwards visited the National Museum of Oman.

His Royal Highness subsequently paid his respects at the Christian Cemetery, Bait Al Noor Church Compound, Muscat.

The Prince of Wales and The Duchess of Cornwall later attended a Service of Holy Communion at the Protestant Church in Muscat to mark the One Hundred and Twenty Fifth Anniversary of the Final Visit to Oman by the First Bishop of Lahore (Bishop Thomas Valpy French).

His Royal Highness this afternoon visited the Old Village of Misfat Al Abryeen.

The Prince of Wales afterwards visited Ras Al Shajar Nature Reserve.

The Prince of Wales and The Duchess of Cornwall were entertained to Dinner this evening by The Sultan of Oman.

The Duchess of Cornwall this morning visited Dar Al Hanan Hospice, Muscat.

Her Royal Highness this afternoon attended a Reception for "Women in Business", at the Residence of Her Majesty's Ambassador to the Sultanate of Oman (His Excellency Mr. Jonathan Wilks).

Prince Charles joins in with traditional sword dancing in Oman*with Camilla | Daily Mail Online
http://www.princeofwales.gov.uk/new...duchess-of-cornwall-begin-the-royal-tour-oman
https://twitter.com/hashtag/RoyalVisitOman?src=hash

Last edited:
Extraordinary pictures so far. I love the beautiful Oman clothing, the flora and detail. The village and other locations are extraordinary. I think this is likely the most excited I have been to see tour pictures.

Court Circular 6th November:
The Prince of Wales and The Duchess of Cornwall today carried out the following engagements in Oman.

His Royal Highness this morning attended a Reception for Young Leaders at the Al Bustan Palace Hotel, Muscat.

The Prince of Wales, Patron, afterwards received members of the Empty Quarter Expedition at the Al Bustan Palace Hotel.

His Royal Highness later held an Investiture at the Residence of Her Majesty's Ambassador to the Sultanate of Oman (His Excellency Mr. Jonathan Wilks).

The Prince of Wales, President, The Prince's Foundation for Building Community, subsequently attended a Meeting at the Residence of Her Majesty's Ambassador to the Sultanate of Oman.

His Royal Highness this afternoon received a briefing on the British Loan Service Team, Oman, in Muscat and met Loan Service personnel and their families.

The Duchess of Cornwall this morning visited Dar Al Atta Let's Read Charity Bookshop and mobile library bus in Muscat.

Her Royal Highness afterwards visited the Children's Library in Muscat.

The Prince of Wales and The Duchess of Cornwall this afternoon departed Oman for the United Arab Emirates and were received later at the Presidential Airport, Abu Dhabi, by His Highness Sheikh Abdullah bin Zayed Al Nahyan (Minister of Foreign Affairs and International Co-operation) and Her Majesty's Ambassador to the United Arab Emirates (His Excellency Mr. Philip Parham).

Their Royal Highnesses afterwards paid their respects at the tomb of Sheikh Zayed bin Sultan Al Nahyan (Founder and First President of the United Arab Emirates), before visiting the Sheikh Zayed Grand Mosque and attending a Celebration of Tolerance Reception.

Duchess of Cornwall joins a children's reading session in Oman | Daily Mail Online
Prince Charles begins Middle East tour with Oman sword dance - BBC News
Prince Charles, Camilla in Oman to start Gulf royal visit | Fox News
The Prince of Wales and The Duchess of Cornwall Tour Oman - Day 1 Photos and Images | Getty Images
The Prince of Wales and The Duchess of Cornwall Tour Oman - Day 3 - Pictures
http://www.nytimes.com/aponline/2016/11/05/world/middleeast/ap-ml-gulf-british-royals.html?_r=0
His Majesty receives Prince Charles - Oman Observer
Prince Charles, Camilla in Oman at Start of Gulf Royal Visit - ABC News

I prefer the über-wealthy Prince of Wales buying something nice for his lovely spouse. After all, to the right or to the left, accepting lavish gifts from despots always include the danger of being drawn into muddy waters.

That the Government of Canada offers a maple leaf, or the City of Paris a box with a Hermès scarf, or the Dutch King two Delft vases, it is another category. Nothing more compromitting than eyepopping bling-bling worn on the skin by a British royal, accepted from rulers with blood on their skin.

I would advice Their Royal Highnesses to accept a roll of wonderful woven silk, or a nice bottle of Muscat wine, or an exclusive handmade parasol, but not those ostentatious, opulent and even provocative jewels which, so to see, are piled in the vaults and remain in the cassettes.

Last edited by a moderator:
I prefer the über-wealthy Prince of Wales buying something nice for his lovely spouse. After all, to the right or to the left, accepting lavish gifts from despots always include the danger of being drawn into muddy waters.

That the Government of Canada offers a maple leaf, or the City of Paris a box with a Hermès scarf, or the Dutch King two Delft vases, it is another category. Nothing more compromitting than eyepopping bling-bling worn on the skin by a British royal, accepted from rulers with blood on their skin.

I would advice Their Royal Highnesses to accept a roll of wonderful woven silk, or a nice bottle of Muscat wine, or an exclusive handmade parasol, but not those ostentatious, opulent and even provocative jewels which, so to see, are piled in the vaults and remain in the cassettes.

This is not really the place for your political views.

Last edited by a moderator:
No I am not back but can anyone confirm if this tour has ended. The CC has them doing engagements on the 5th and 6th and then nothing for the 7th or 8th. There is nothing for the 7th at all but Anne did things on the 8th and no one else.

I haven't seen any reports of the tour ending but the CC isn't putting up their engagements there anymore so the only conclusion I can reach is that the tour has ended early for some reason - Harry's engagement announcement perhaps???

The POW site states 7 Nov - 11 Nov, last stop Bahrain.

That was the intention - true - but the CC has stopped reporting their official engagements on the 6th so my question was - did the tour end for some reason so that the engagements planned for the 7th to the 11th have been cancelled. They planned over 50 engagements during the week but only about 20 have been reported on the CC - those of the 5th and 6th.

As the CC is up for the 8th - with Anne undertaking two engagements - and no one else doing anything official The Queen obviously didn't regard whatever they were doing on the 7th and 8th - if they did anything - as official as she has the final say as to what goes into the CC.

That is the reason for my question.

That was the intention - true - but the CC has stopped reporting their official engagements on the 6th so my question was - did the tour end for some reason so that the engagements planned for the 7th to the 11th have been cancelled. They planned over 50 engagements during the week but only about 20 have been reported on the CC - those of the 5th and 6th.

As the CC is up for the 8th - with Anne undertaking two engagements - and no one else doing anything official The Queen obviously didn't regard whatever they were doing on the 7th and 8th - if they did anything - as official as she has the final say as to what goes into the CC.

That is the reason for my question.

The tour didn’t end, it’s all going as planed. The CC has been having some issues the last few days, I’ve noticed they’ve posted things before they happened and have been correcting and adding things later.
For example, Sophie also had engagements on the 7th and there is nothing in the CC yet.

Last edited:
As I said the Court Circular has been wonky, they’ve now added engagements for November 7 and 8.

Court Circular 7th November:
The Prince of Wales and The Duchess of Cornwall today carried out the following engagements in the United Arab Emirates.

His Royal Highness this morning visited Bu Tinah Island.

The Prince of Wales this afternoon visited Masdar City, Abu Dhabi, and attended a Youth Circle.

His Royal Highness later attended an Accounting for Sustainability Circle of Practice Meeting at the Emirates Palace Hotel, Abu Dhabi.

The Prince of Wales, Joint Patron, UK-UAE 2017, and The Duchess of Cornwall this evening attended a Cultural Celebration at Al Jahili Fort, Al Ain, and were received by The Crown Prince of Abu Dhabi and Deputy Supreme Commander of the United Arab Emirates Armed Forces.

Their Royal Highnesses afterwards attended a Dinner given by The Crown Prince at Al Jahili Fort.

The Duchess of Cornwall this morning called upon Sheikha Fatima bint Al Ketbi at the Sea Palace, Abu Dhabi.

Her Royal Highness this afternoon visited Abu Dhabi Falcon Hospital.

The Duchess of Cornwall afterwards attended a Women's Empowerment Lunch at the Anantara Hotel, Abu Dhabi.

Her Royal Highness later visited the Imperial College London Diabetes Centre, Abu Dhabi.

Court Circular 8th November:
The Prince of Wales and The Duchess of Cornwall this morning visited International Humanitarian City, Dubai, and were received by Princess Haya bint Al Hussein Al Maktoum.

The Princes of Wales later visited the site of Expo 2020.

His Royal Highness afterwards called upon the Vice President and Prime Minister of the United Arab Emirates (Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum).

The Prince of Wales this afternoon called upon The Ruler of Sharjah (Sheikh Sultan bin Mohammed Al Qasimi).

His Royal Highness later visited International Centre for the Study of the Preservation and Restoration of Cultural Property-Architectural and Archaeological Tangible Heritage to the Arab Region.

The Duchess of Cornwall this afternoon visited Al Jalila Childrens' Speciality Hospital.

Her Royal Highness later visited the Dubai Foundation for Women and Children.

The Prince of Wales and The Duchess of Cornwall this afternoon departed from the United Arab Emirates for Bahrain and were received this evening in Manama by Her Majesty's Ambassador to the Kingdom of Bahrain (His Excellency Mr. Simon Martin), The Crown Prince of Bahrain and Deputy Supreme Commander and First Deputy Prime Minister, and Sheikha Hessa bin Khalifa Al Khalifa.

Their Royal Highnesses were received by The King of Bahrain at Bustan Palace.

The Prince of Wales and The Duchess of Cornwall this evening attended a Dinner given by The King of Bahrain and Princess Sabika bint Ibrahim Al Khalifa at Al Roudha Palace.

Has there been any coverage of the trip to Bahrain?

Back
Top Bottom