The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > The Prince of Wales and the Duchess of Cornwall

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 11-14-2015, 04:43 AM
Heir Apparent

Thanks for those pics, iceflower. All these images and articles you and others link throughout the forums are always much appreciated.

Old 11-14-2015, 07:06 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
Their privacy should be respected. Camilla shouldn't be seen in this manner, but I think the DM did publish pictures of Camilla in a bathing suit while on vacation a couple of years ago.
I'm ashamed that TRH privacy has been invaded in my home city. Totally disgraceful.

Old 11-14-2015, 11:27 AM
Royal Highness

Here's some nice pictures from Thursday.
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2015/...7397064848.jpg

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2015/...7399353255.jpg

Charles on his 67th birthday
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2015/...7490435137.jpg

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2015/...7491131916.jpg

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2015/...7491002731.jpg

If anything Charles shows he has a sense of humor.
He is after all the Prince of Whales.
Old 11-14-2015, 12:06 PM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
I've read it often that for Christmas at Sandringham, the presents picked out and given among the family are often gag gifts. Perhaps it was on one of these occasions that Charles got his Prince of Whales shorts. Perhaps from Camilla?

Gotta give Charles some brownie points for actually wearing them eh?
“When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down ‘happy’. They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, and I told them they didn’t understand life.”
― John Lennon
Old 11-14-2015, 12:43 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
I've read it often that for Christmas at Sandringham, the presents picked out and given among the family are often gag gifts. Perhaps it was on one of these occasions that Charles got his Prince of Whales shorts. Perhaps from Camilla?

Gotta give Charles some brownie points for actually wearing them eh?
Thank you SO much for bringing a smile on such a dark day: of course the Prince of Wales is wearing his whale- themed Vilebrequin swim wear (that must have been a gift from his cheery wife) during the heat of the Australian summer!
Old 11-14-2015, 01:31 PM
Heir Apparent

I think this was known before the visit.

Quote:
Australian taxpayers will be charged close to half a million dollars for this month's brief royal tour.

Prince Charles and Camilla are due to fly out of Australia on Sunday after a five-day tour that took them to Adelaide, the Barossa Valley, Canberra, Sydney, Perth and Albany.

But they'll be leaving a hefty bill behind.

The Department of Prime Minister and Cabinet has confirmed it is covering the costs of the trip.

"The total cost of the visit is not yet known but it is expected that it will be consistent with past visits," a spokesperson said.

The department pointed out the royal couple's last visit, a similar six-day trip in November 2012, cost it $437,057.
Prince Charles down under: Taxpayers face big bill for royal visit
Old 11-14-2015, 04:32 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudolph View Post
I think that's about 3 cents per Australian tax payer.

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Old 11-14-2015, 09:50 PM
Heir Apparent

The Australian Press is always anxious to point to the cost of Royal visits. This happens every time. I think this has been a very successful tour for Charles and Camilla.
Old 11-15-2015, 04:01 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roslyn View Post
Thanks for those pics, iceflower. All these images and articles you and others link throughout the forums are always much appreciated.

Thank you for your kind words, Roslyn

The newest pics can be found here:

** gettyimages gallery: AUS: The Prince Of Wales & Duchess Of Cornwall Visit Australia - Day 6 **
Old 11-15-2015, 08:15 AM
Nobility

Every time I go to a Getty images or Daily mail link the page downloads for 30 seconds and then disappears. I have an IPhone 5.
Old 11-15-2015, 08:40 AM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
The Prince of Tails

We're all familiar with the now legendary Prince of Whales shorts but the latest controversy surrounding Charles and Camilla on their trip Down Under seems to be focused on the same area as the shorts. I do have to admit though that for a man of his 67 years, he remains in tip top shape.

This is the kind of controversy that I wish was all the controversy in the world we ever had to deal with day to day.

This photo of Prince Charles in Australia is drumming up some serious controversy - AOL
“When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down ‘happy’. They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, and I told them they didn’t understand life.”
― John Lennon
Old 11-15-2015, 10:11 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudolph View Post
Big bill haha don't make me laugh. That is pittance considering most government budgets are in billions nowadays.
Old 11-15-2015, 10:55 AM
Heir Apparent

I meant it was known Australia was picking up the tab before the visit. Same happens with visits to Canada. The article kind of made it seem it was 'news'
Old 11-15-2015, 11:12 AM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

Camilla, Duchess of Cornwall gets in tug-of-war with flower girl in Australia | Daily Mail Online
Old 08-19-2016, 03:55 AM
Heir Apparent

Pies in Papakura and chards in the capital - what NZ officials ate during the royal tour | Stuff.co.nz

Tags
australia, camilla, duchess of cornwall, new zealand, prince charles, prince of wales