The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > The Prince of Wales and the Duchess of Cornwall

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 11-12-2015, 06:14 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honeybees View Post
I often wonder about how little we, the public, know about The DOC. What do any of us know? Has she ever given an interview? There was no engagement interview that I recollect?
No, she's never given a interview.

Old 11-13-2015, 03:31 AM
Courtier

Footage of Charles and Camilla on a day off in thirty-three degrees heat in Perth has made the evening news.

Camilla in a floral dress and parasol walking the grounds of Government House, while Charles works poolside in yellow boardshorts with a fish print, wearing a sun hat, with his green despatch box nearby.

Old 11-13-2015, 04:38 AM
Majesty

Sun Lion, we must stitch some clips of C&C and have you commentating them.
You provide a sense of the mood, so keep it coming.
Old 11-13-2015, 04:44 AM
Courtier

Is part of the issue that POW is seen as serious? He has his boxes and his work which are serious but is that what the media want? I suspect that is not what sells newspapers whereas a young couple with a very photogenic baby...?
Old 11-13-2015, 01:45 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun Lion View Post
Footage of Charles and Camilla on a day off in thirty-three degrees heat in Perth has made the evening news.

Camilla in a floral dress and parasol walking the grounds of Government House, while Charles works poolside in yellow boardshorts with a fish print, wearing a sun hat, with his green despatch box nearby.
https://au.news.yahoo.com/thewest/wa...camilla-in-wa/

Charles hitting the pool
https://s.yimg.com/ea/img/-/151113/1...4e-1b4bd50.jpg
https://s.yimg.com/ea/img/-/151113/1...ao-1b4bcm5.jpg

Camilla
https://s.yimg.com/ea/img/-/151113/1...ao-1b4bcm7.jpg
Old 11-13-2015, 04:52 PM
Heir Apparent

I think these pictures are just cute. I get that they are intrusive. but i still think both C and C are cute on their day off.
Old 11-13-2015, 06:01 PM
Aristocracy

I've noticed a distinct change for the better in the media's coverage of this Royal Tour, compared to the last visit by the Prince of Wales and Duchess of Cornwall in 2012. I must admit I was very pleasantly surprised by the massive turn out in Sydney the other day. Along with the good crowds in SA and Canberra, it seemed to inject a positive mood into the visit. It is making the news several times a day, even in Melbourne, where they did not come. They don't tend to be the main story, but neither are they relegated to the cute cat video slot after the weather. There are still lots of jokes, but they are now more affectionate than dismissive. I think the Duchess of Cornwall has come out of the shadows a bit, and people are starting to appreciate what a good sort she is. Of course the Diana fanatics still bombard comments pages with their usual complaints, but they are now increasingly drowned out by people standing up for the Prince of Wales and the Duchess of Cornwall. In all, a Royal Visit more successful than I thought it would be, and there is still Perth to come later today, and Perth always puts on a good welcome.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cepe View Post
If the Government hadn't goofed on the referendum question in 1999, HMQ would not still be Head of State.
I'm sorry, but it really irritates me that this excuse is still being used to explain the failure of the 1999 referendum. The government didn't "goof" on anything. It was a referendum, not a plebiscite, so it was entirely appropriate for the referendum question to summarise the changes to the Constitution required to bring about the republican model chosen by the republicans at the Constitutional Convention. At the Constitutional Convention, the republicans could have held out for a plebiscite, but they did not. They took a risk, and it failed.
Old 11-13-2015, 06:17 PM
Courtier

More footage from the pool at Perth's Government House yesterday, was broadcast on breakfast TV this morning - this time of Camilla sporting a bright blue one-piece swimsuit.

And the fish on Charles' boardshorts are said to be dolphins.

I wonder if they were a birthday present from William or Harry that Charles brought with him from the UK.

(Cheers Muhler. )
Old 11-13-2015, 06:23 PM
Royal Highness

Videos and pictures are all over the internet.

Security tried to cover the fence with black shade.

Maybe Charles' shorts were a Christmas present or a Birthday present from Camilla.
Old 11-13-2015, 08:05 PM
Courtier

This would have been nice, but security vetoed it -

When visiting the Mounted Police on Thursday, Prince Charles asked the Police Minister if he and Camilla could visit the scene of the Lindt Cafe siege in Martin Place - only 50 metres from where the Royal Couple were due a little later.

The Police Minister escalated the request to the NSW Premier who readily agreed.

But the idea was vetoed by the the Prince's own security team at the last minute, as that part of Martin Place had not been fenced off from the public.

Today's newspaper reports that Charles appeared to grow agitated and remonstrated with a member of his staff.

Sydney would have loved Charles and Camilla to do this.
Old 11-13-2015, 08:35 PM
Heir Apparent

Clarence House has asked British newspapers not to use the pictures.

Mail Online has made the decision to publish

Images of Prince Charles in swimming trunks you WON'T see in any British newspaper | Daily Mail Online
Old 11-13-2015, 08:49 PM
Heir Apparent

Oh fiddledeedee! He looks cute in his swimming trunks. Why should the British public be deprived of that sight?

FWIW, I think they are whales, not dolphins.
Old 11-13-2015, 09:07 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roslyn View Post
I think they are whales, not dolphins.
That's what I heard yesterday, Prince of Whales bathing costume. I wish I was even a little bit as fit as the Prince of Wales, and he's a good twenty years older than I. I don't think there's much point trying to stop the photos, once they're out there on the internet, any control is lost.
Old 11-13-2015, 09:17 PM
Heir Apparent

At least they had their suits on!

LaRae
Old 11-13-2015, 10:06 PM
Courtier

The Fail published photographs they say will not be published by British papers?
Old 11-13-2015, 10:08 PM
Courtier

I wonder in light of the tragedy in Paris tonight if birthday celebrations will go ahead? Will POW be visiting Paris?
Old 11-13-2015, 11:04 PM
Heir Apparent

^ I do think that Clarence House is being a bit precious. It's as if the Internet doesn't exist for some of these people.
Old 11-13-2015, 11:23 PM
Imperial Majesty

Their privacy should be respected. Camilla shouldn't be seen in this manner, but I think the DM did publish pictures of Camilla in a bathing suit while on vacation a couple of years ago.

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 11-14-2015, 02:04 AM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

DM explaining why they publish:
However, MailOnline is a also major publisher in Australia - the country's fourth biggest news website in fact - and also the rest of the world and has therefore taken the decision to use the pictures, which have been widely circulated online.
Old 11-14-2015, 03:31 AM
Administrator

Pics from today can be found here:

** gettyimages: AUS: The Prince Of Wales & Duchess Of Cornwall Visit Australia - Day 5 **

Tags
australia, camilla, duchess of cornwall, new zealand, prince charles, prince of wales