Charles and Camilla: Tour of India, New Zealand, Tuvalu & Solomon Islands - Nov 2019

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Lumutqueen

Imperial Majesty
City
Middlewich
Country
United Kingdom
Charles and Camilla: Tour of India, New Zealand, Tuvalu & Solomon Islands - Nov 2019

“The Prince of Wales and The Duchess of Cornwall will undertake an official visit to New Zealand at the request of the New Zealand Government @ClarenceHouse announces. The visit will take place in November 2019.

Following the announcement the Prime Minister of New Zealand, Jacinda Ardern, said: “I am delighted to welcome Their Royal Highnesses back to New Zealand. I know that the couple have greatly enjoyed New Zealanders’ warm hospitality and manaakitanga when they visited previously.

PM Jacinda Ardern said Prince Charles “has been a strong advocate for the environment, conservation and sustainability for many years” adding the visit will see him to engage with New Zealanders on those subjects and learn more about how New Zealand is preparing for the future.”

I'm kinda surprised they are going there since NZ just had a royal visit last year.

But we should get great pics!

LaRae

Is Jacinda Ardern a republican ?

I'm kinda surprised they are going there since NZ just had a royal visit last year.

But we should get great pics!

LaRae

But not from the heir to the throne.

Charles and Camilla visited Australia last year but not New Zealand so it makes sense for them to visit NZ on its own, rather than being simply an add-on to a royal visit to Australia as it often the case.

I presume you're talking about NZ standards rather than US standards of "republican"? Jacinda Ardern is a member of the NZ Labour Party and has described herself as a social democrat in the past.

Yay!!!!! Charles, Cams and pearls, I can hardly wait.

I presume you're talking about NZ standards rather than US standards of "republican"? Jacinda Ardern is a member of the NZ Labour Party and has described herself as a social democrat in the past.

I was asking if Jacinda Ardern supports the abolition of the monarchy in New Zealand or has ever come out in favor of a NZ republic.

As far as I know, all US political parties of any importance are republican. While only one of the two major parties uses the word "Republican" in its name, the Democratic Party is also not in favor of adopting a monarchical form of government for the United States.

We can be fairly certain that when we talk about republicans in a monarchy that they want to change the way of governance and are not related to the Republican party in the USA.

We can be fairly certain that when we talk about republicans in a monarchy that they want to change the way of governance and are not related to the Republican party in the USA.

Well, yes, but it's always good to be clear.

Further details about The Prince of Wales and The Duchess of Cornwall’s Autumn Tour have been announced.

"The Prince of Wales and The Duchess of Cornwall will undertake an official visit to New Zealand between Sunday 17th and Saturday 23rd November at the invitation of the New Zealand Government. This will be Their Royal Highnesses third official joint tour to New Zealand.
On his return from New Zealand, The Prince will visit Tuvalu and the Solomon Islands to celebrate the Monarchy’s relationship with these Commonwealth Realms."

https://t.co/0zKJneysfl?amp=1

NZ is a constitutional monarchy. The Royal family will come and go whether Jacinda likes it or not. Her own personal views can not determine the decisions government make when it comes to Royal visits. Jacinda kind of just has to suck it up. A bit like HM The Queen. When Donald Trump visits the UK, The Queen just has to suck it up and deal with it.

Actually the Royal Family do not 'come and go' whether the PM of a realm likes it or not. They come and go at the invitation of the government and thus at the invitation of the PM. If Jacinda didn't invite Charles and Camilla (or some other royals) they wouldn't be visiting. They can't just 'turn up' for an official visit - as this one from Charles and Camilla is.

Where does he get his energy from? The man never stops!

Last edited:
Great pictures coming through of Prince Charles in New Delhi today. Given the frequency of his trips to India, he clearly loves it there.

The weather in New Zealand should be much more to the DoC's taste than the heat in India, that's for sure, although it's got to be a longer flight.

The weather in New Zealand should be much more to the DoC's taste than the heat in India, that's for sure, although it's got to be a longer flight.

It is actually late spring in the Southern Hemisphere and, hence, in New Zealand too, but NZ weather is mostly mild throughout the year.

Is the Duchess of Cornwall joining the Prince of Wales only for the New Zealand part of the tour ?

Yes.

She is flying home after the New Zealand leg while Charles is going onto Tuvalu and The Solomon Islands.

He will be away for around two weeks and Camilla for one week.

I do hope the weather in NZ is cooler than in Oz and that the smoke from our bushfires have cleared there (there have been reports over the past week or more of the smoke from NSW and Qld reaching NZ and we still have massive bushfires here).

Court Circular 12th November:
Clarence House

The Prince of Wales this morning departed Heathrow Airport, London, for India.
Mr. Clive Alderton, Mr. Scott Furssedonn-Wood, Mrs. Jilly Hurley and Professor Charles Deakin are in attendance.

Court Circular 13th November:
Clarence House

The Prince of Wales this morning arrived at Indira Gandhi International Airport, Delhi, and was received by the British High Commissioner to the Republic of India (His Excellency the Hon Sir Dominic Asquith).

His Royal Highness later visited the Indian Meteorological Department, Mausam Bhavan.

The Prince of Wales this afternoon called upon The President of the Republic of India at Rashtrapati Bhavan.

His Royal Highness later visited the Bangla Sahib Gurdwara, New Delhi.

The Prince of Wales afterwards attended a Remembrance Service at the Delhi War Cemetery and laid a wreath.

Last edited:
addendum
Clarence House

The Prince of Wales, Royal Founding Patron, the British Asian Trust, this evening held an Advisory Board Meeting at the Taj Mahal Palace Hotel, Mumbai, India.

Court Circular 14th November:
Clarence House

Today is the Anniversary of the Birthday of The Prince of Wales.

His Royal Highness this morning attended a Sustainable Markets’ Council Meeting at the Taj Mahal Palace Hotel, Mumbai, India.

https://www.princeofwales.gov.uk/prince-wales-visits-india

Last edited:
addendum
Clarence House

The Prince of Wales, Royal Founding Patron, the British Asian Trust, this evening held an Advisory Board Meeting at the Taj Mahal Palace Hotel, Mumbai, India.

Court Circular 14th November:
Clarence House

Today is the Anniversary of the Birthday of The Prince of Wales.

His Royal Highness this morning attended a Sustainable Markets’ Council Meeting at the Taj Mahal Palace Hotel, Mumbai, India.

https://www.princeofwales.gov.uk/prince-wales-visits-india

Interesting that the event with the children wishing him a happy birthday wasn't an official event.

Back
Top Bottom