Charles and Camilla: Tour of New Zealand and Australia - November 4-15, 2015

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JessRulz

Former Administrator
City
Melbourne
Country
Australia
Charles_zpsaf762de3.png
Camilla_zps5975f0c8.png

The Prince of Wales and the Duchess of Cornwall will pay a royal tour to Australia and New Zealand in November.

Dates and further details will be released a later date.

:ausflag::ausflag::nzflag::nzflag:

Prince of Wales and Duchess of Cornwall to tour Australia and New Zealand - Telegraph
Prince Charles and Camilla to visit NZ in November - National News | TVNZ
Prince Charles and his wife, Camilla, will tour Australia in November

It's good news! Sorry for the silly question, but is it usual to send a royal couple to a tour in countries that has already been visited just one year earlier by another couple of the royal family?

It's good news! Sorry for the silly question, but is it usual to send a royal couple to a tour in countries that has already been visited just one year earlier by another couple of the royal family?

It's happened several times before, so it is quite usual.

Let us not forget, Charles is the heir to the throne, and in line to become the next King of both Aus & NZ. It is only natural that his wife and he visit regularly, irrespective of trips other members of the family may have made.

Let us not forget, Charles is the heir to the throne, and in line to become the next King of both Aus & NZ. It is only natural that his wife and he visit regularly, irrespective of trips other members of the family may have made.

Thank you to both of you... Obviously it was a silly question from my part:flowers:

Great news. I met them during their last visit in 2012. The Duchess of Cornwall was absolutely delightful. I hope I can get to see her again.

Not a silly question at all. I too can't fathom why they are coming...again!

We do have a royal lover in our Prime Minister Tony Abbot though. I imagine he is the reason we are spending so much money on the English royals. :flowers:

November is a good month to visit. Sun, not too hot, not cold. Perhaps Mr Abbot wants to advertise Australia to the English as a great country to migrate to?:D

Not a silly question at all. I too can't fathom why they are coming...again!

We do have a royal lover in our Prime Minister Tony Abbot though. I imagine he is the reason we are spending so much money on the English royals. :flowers:

November is a good month to visit. Sun, not too hot, not cold. Perhaps Mr Abbot wants to advertise Australia to the English as a great country to migrate to?:D

:D:lol:. Well, I would be thrilled if had royal visitors amost every year in italy...

:D:lol:. Well, I would be thrilled if had royal visitors amost every year in italy...

Well, let me extend our invitation to you to come and visit them down under. You would be most welcome! And OK, it would help pay for their visit too.:whistling:

Well, let me extend our invitation to you to come and visit them down under. You would be most welcome! And OK, it would help pay for their visit too.:whistling:
Ah thank you very much!:flowers: If only I had the money...:bang::flowers:

Ah thank you very much!:flowers: If only I had the money...:bang::flowers:

Darn it! if only you were an English royal, our Prime Minister would be happy to give you a five star, all expenses paid visit.:lol:

Hope one day you do have the opportunity to visit. It is a beautiful country, just as beautiful as yours but very different.:flowers:

let us not forget, charles is the heir to the throne, and in line to become the next king of both aus & nz. It is only natural that his wife and he visit regularly, irrespective of trips other members of the family may have made.

??????????

The Prince of Wales this evening departed from Heathrow Airport, London, for New Zealand.

Source CC: for 2nd November.

I expect Camilla has been acclimatising somewhere and they are mtg up before official start on 4th

The Prince of Wales this evening departed from Heathrow Airport, London, for New Zealand.

Source CC: for 2nd November.

I expect Camilla has been acclimatising somewhere and they are mtg up before official start on 4th

i suspect camilla was in india again

Agree, probably to see off the Elephant Family Rickshaw race and wish them lots of luck.

I didn't think of that. My first thought was she's spending time at that fantabulous health retreat that she loves to go to. She always comes away from that looking radiant.

Found Camilla!
The Duchess of Cornwall this afternoon called upon Mrs Mary Tan (Wife of The President of the Republic of Singapore) at the Istana, Singapore. (CC 3/11)

Stopover for Charles so they could meet up, I expect.

I'm a bit suprised at the amount of coverage The Prince of Wales and Duchess of Cornwall's tour is gettting on Australian TV.

While no doubt the crowds on the ground will be less than the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge - with the additional drawcard of little Prince George - enjoyed on their tour last year, there seems to have been extensive TV coverage for Charles and Camilla. And they're in New Zealand, not Oz.

We seem to have been told an awful lot about what they're going to get up to across the ditch, so I'm expecting good coverage when they are actually in my country.

I wish they were going to Brisbane. I'd love to see them but Sydney's too far.

I'm a bit suprised at the amount of coverage The Prince of Wales and Duchess of Cornwall's tour is gettting on Australian TV.

While no doubt the crowds on the ground will be less than the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge - with the additional drawcard of little Prince George - enjoyed on their tour last year, there seems to have been extensive TV coverage for Charles and Camilla. And they're in New Zealand, not Oz.

We seem to have been told an awful lot about what they're going to get up to across the ditch, so I'm expecting good coverage when they are actually in my country.

I haven't seen anything in the news yet nothing at all in my twitter feed !

If you want to follow via Twitter, then @GovGeneralNZ is terrific cos it gives info and pictures

Also #RoyalVisitNZ and #RoyalTourNZ

I haven't seen anything in the news yet nothing at all in my twitter feed !

Breakfast television has been promoting the routes that Charles and Camilla are to take around New Zealand and here in Australia.

(Done very cutely with photo heads of the couple bouncing around in a cartoon plane from the UK, then ping-ponging around maps of the two countries.)

The British royal reporters have started to update us - Charles will not/does not stop for lunch - wants to fit in as much as possible. Camilla will not be missing her lunch thank you.

I only saw the 5.00pm Channel Ten evening news and the 6.00pm Channel Nine evening news royal rob, but coverage from New Zealand was in the first three reports.

Australian reporters have been sent there to cross back to the studios here in Oz with first hand reports. (Much joshing re the version of Spring New Zealand gets vs Spring here, poor reporters.)

I didn't catch the daytime news broadcasts but I think they had live coverage back to us from New Zealand - that's why the Oz reporters went over.

I can only see it ramping up as the Royal Couple actually get to Australia.

(One of the reporters referred to Charles as "the next King of Australia". The republicans must be gnashing their teeth.)

Last edited:
Videos in all articles

Charles and Camilla touch down in NZ | NZNews | 3 News

Prince Charles and Camilla brave blustery Wellington in visit
https://www.tvnz.co.nz/one-news/new...nd-camilla-brave-blustery-wellington-in-visit

Wild Welly gets the better of our royal visitors: Prince Charles says 'sorry'
https://www.tvnz.co.nz/one-news/new...-our-royal-visitors-prince-charles-says-sorry

Video: Prince Charles and Camilla begin 12-day tour of New Zealand and Australia - Telegraph
Lashing rain and strong winds greeted the Prince of Wales and Duchess of Cornwall when they arrived in New Zealand's capital for a 12-day tour.

Despite it being springtime in the country, the Duchess was left clutching a see-through umbrella and wore a scarf around her head as she braved the wintry weather in Wellington, while the Prince ignored the cold conditions as they walked across the tarmac after landing.

The royal couple's official welcome was hastily rearranged as the predicted let up in the bad weather failed to materialise and they met waiting dignitaries - including prime minister John Key - inside a military terminal at Wellington International airport.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g47frB_JdQY

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom