Charles and Camilla to Marry: February 10, 2005

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Poor Diana did her share of ill treatment too. She was too immature and insecure for the situation she was in, but reacting with jealous possessiveness toward someone like Charles was bound to lead to problems.

NJRedDevils, fortunately Edward VIII and Princess Margaret did not live to see the recent developments. I think the royal house have simply learned their lesson well, that you can´t stand in two lovers´s way, as you will not only ruin the two people´s lives but also your own reputation. As for Charles, I don´t think he is getting too much love and support, as surely he was as unhappy in his marriage as Lady Di was. The only mistake he did was that he didn´t seek divorce as soon as it became clear that their marriage wouldn´t work.

Elspeth said:
I think Poor Diana did her share of ill treatment too. She was too immature and insecure for the situation she was in, but reacting with jealous possessiveness toward someone like Charles was bound to lead to problems.

I think Diana was too naive, she was only 19 when she got married, i dont think she was cultured enough in the real world

Camilla will not become Queen.She only has the title Duchess of Cornwall not the Princess of Wales too.

In the newspaper told that now Mrs Camilla can attend the banquets and royal occasions.So this year,Her Royal Higness Duchess Camilla of Cornwall will be at The Trooping The Colour and also Royal Ascot in York.

So maybe this March Mrs Camilla can be at the State Banquet for Italian President.But i wonder can she have the crown like other British Royal female and the Family Order too?

And will she be with Prince Charles on his visit to Australia this March too?

Last edited by a moderator:
HMQueenElizabethII said:
And will she be with Prince Charles on his visit to Australia this March too?
No.

We would love to welcome her to Australia, but I don't expect it will happen this trip.

I think she will have tiara(s) in gala events but she will not get a crown such as what queen mother had in coronation of her husband; she will company Charles in his tour of duty. I just wonder what are duties of queens consort she will not do as king's wife (because of she will be a princess consort/ not queen consort):confused: .

ladybelline said:
IMO, Her Majesty prefers Charles to marry now, when she is still here and alive, because she has much more control of the events (I mean, she can object to Camilla 's Princess of Wales'style, to her becoming Queen, etc.) If she had always said NO to the wedding, Charles would have married Camilla once King, once his mother died...and then he would be free to make Camilla a "complete"Queen...
I think He needa an approval from the government to change her status, don't he. I think he will not do that because they are aware the bad rection from people will be.

[b said:
Reina][/b]
Here is a link from the PHarry thread. If you scroll down you will see that me and kinneret posted the same article. I bolded and underlined some things in the article so it may be easier to see the hot details
http://www.theroyalforums.com/forum...p?t=4731&page=2
poor harry:(

Moonlightrhapsody said:
I doubt that Camilla will get much in the ways of public duties and representation. As long as it's been since Diana died, she still has a pretty esteemed position in the minds of the people in the UK AND the world.

Of her own accord, Camilla is already the patron of several charities, including the British chapter of an Osteoperosis organization. I imagine that she will carry on some of those charities but of course now with the royal cachee attached to it. I imagine that she'll help to carry on many of Charles' own pet charities or pick up other charities that were previously supported by other members of the royal family.

I think if she's smart and if the people advising Charles are smart, they'll have her stay away from some of the more popular or major charities Diana supported, such as landmines or whatever to distance themselves. But there won't be a shortage of charities for Camilla to support.

Moonlightrhapsody said:
I wonder if Charles picked out this ring or Camilla. It's been said that he didn't pick Diana's engagement ring, so I wonder...

Camilla's ring is a Windsor heirloom -- it wasn't bought at some store. So I think Charles did have some say in the selection of Camilla's ring. The difference between Diana and Camilla's ring, too, is that back then Charles wasn't too keen on marrying Diana and in Camilla's case, he's obviously gone to great leaps and bounds to be with her. Also, I would hope that Charles has learned some lessons from his previous relationship and is making a more concentrated effort, especially since this relationship and engagement is being scruitinzed much more than even his engagement to Diana.

I would imagine that her duties would be exactly the same.

All that will be different (possibly) is her title, whether it be QUEEN or PRINCESS CONSORT. Whatever she is called, she will still be the wife of the Sovereign and have the rank and precedence of a Queen Consort.

What will happen at the coronation of King Charles III is something we can speculate about for years.

Last edited:
cut1me said:
I think Diana was too naive, she was only 19 when she got married, i dont think she was cultured enough in the real world

Which is precisely why the RF, Charles and his good "friend" Camilla selected her, IMHO. They thought they could mold her, instead she was broken down. Her behavior was bad, yes, but (to quote a six-year-old on the playground), he started it. :) It just leaves a bad taste in my mouth...

Although, she has good taste in jewelry. I'm assuming he'd let her pick out her own ring (she is an adult with established tastes after all). She "done good." It's lovely, large but still tasteful.

let me add to that manipulative, calculating, dishonest, and dishonorable I would say something else, but that would be against the rules. It is something that you go against Diana when she was the one that was married to Charles. yeah she was not perfect, but she had a more legit. reason for being manipulative. For pete's sake she was his wife! What is wrong with you. BUt I don't want to stay in the past that much. I guess it really paid off for Camilla that she picked an insecure, innocent, and naive young lady. Camilla played her game right and it is now paying off. Wow what a great lesson for everyone to learn. What a great example Camilla has set.

Well, i just read all the opinions and i gona guive mine.
I just espect the both be happy, after all they just pass for many things. And for Charles do this William and Harry have to agre, and if they agre i am no one for say the opusity.
So one ce again very happy for the lovely couple.

Yes and don't care who gets hurt or dies. So what if he is married. So what if he has a duty and responsibility. It is all about what is good for me. Screw everyone else.

Camilla (to the media): Yes! I've got my little Charlie now. To hell with what the world thinks!

Attachments

• camilla_ring.jpg
    camilla_ring.jpg
    16.2 KB · Views: 294
I agree--Charles was a boob when he married Diana, but C hung in there, made the best of her life, and seems to be rewarded, although I am not sure if marrying Charles is a prize!

Yep. That is definitely something to teach our kids.

Never Never Never

:mad: Camilla never never not fit to be Countess
never never fit to be Princess

She is a big problem for British Royal Familie.:eek:

Last edited by a moderator:
Please remember to read the rules before posting.
While there is no requirement that you should like all royal persons or public persons discussed at TRF, there is no need to attack them or call them names. There are ways to express your dislike or criticism of another individual than to resort to calling them names. It is childish behaviour that is not tolerated here.

As well as this:
Please think about how you use font sizes and colors. It can easily be overdone, distracting and hard to read.

Thank you,
Norwegianne,
Royal Forums Supermoderator

Diana and Charles-arranged marriage?

Does anyone feel that they were just a step above an arranged marriage? They had only met 13 times before their wedding. He never seemed to really be in love with her, she was just "right" for a royal marriage. People loved her, so she made a good princess.

Reina said:
I guess it really paid off for Camilla that she picked an insecure, innocent, and naive young lady. Camilla played her game right and it is now paying off. Wow what a great lesson for everyone to learn. What a great example Camilla has set.

Come on now. Camilla never "picked" Diana. Charles did. He's the one who CHOSE to marry Diana and she's the one who CHOSE to marry him. No one was held at gunpoint in St. Paul's Cathederal that day. Sometimes choices in life don't end up with the results one is hoping for.

For the record, none of these three are without mistakes. We now know that Charles was probably in love with Camilla all the way along (who knows when their affair started up again) and Camilla CHOSE at some point to start the affair. But Diana CHOSE to also have affairs, some with characters that, arguably, were seedier, uglier and more awful than what Camilla has been described to be.

The fact is that no matter what we think about Camilla, Charles obviously loves her. That hasn't changed over the past 30 years and it's not likely to in the future. Many people on this board have not liked Mary, Letitia or Mette Marit, but we have generally been open to giving these women a chance in their new roles.

Why are we treating Camilla differently? I don't think that by giving her a chance, we love Diana any less.

Eliza

I was wondering, when they get married is she gonna be called Princess Camilla or just Duchess Camilla. Plus, I find it very hard that people judge just because of her looks. She didn't look that bad when she was younger. Maybe she should call the help of Trinny and Susannah (just kidding).

azile1710 said:
For the record, none of these three are without mistakes. We now know that Charles was probably in love with Camilla all the way along (who knows when their affair started up again) and Camilla CHOSE at some point to start the affair. But Diana CHOSE to also have affairs, some with characters that, arguably, were seedier, uglier and more awful than what Camilla has been described to be.
Eliza

I agree that neither Diana, Charles, or Camilla were without fault in matter. However, it is Charles and Camilla that should bear the grunt of the blame.

In 1981 when Diana and Charles got married, Diana was a young and naive (perhaps too naive) 19 year old woman,while Charles and Camilla were grown individuals well into their 30s.

In Camilla's case she was already married with two children when newly married Charles came running to her. She should have done the right and honorable thing by sending Charles back to his new wife. Instead she chose to betray her own husband and Diana by sleeping with Charles.

Diana (rightfully imo) suffered the consequences of the damage and embarassment that she caused, and now years later it seems that Charles and Camilla are rewarded for theirs.

Charles and Camilla deserve no one but each other. But they certainly don't deserve their titles and position. It is certainly ironic and a bit sardonic that Charles will become head of the CoE as an adulterer with his former mistrss and adultress by his side.

Elspeth said:
I'm sure the Queen wouldn't want William to take the throne young like she did and have his family life sacrificed to the duties of monarch. I expect she thinks that having Charles on the throne for a few years with a Princess Consort is a preferable arrangement to having William on the throne before he's had a chance to have a life.

and perhaps/hopefully she thinks having charle on the throne is a bit more than being a stepping stone for william. charles is vauabe on his own right and the biggest importance of the princes consort, in my mind, is that she makes him happy.

If Charles and Camilla would've married all those years ago, like some say they should've, then William and Harry would've never had exected.

Elspeth said:

charles might also have been and still is a bit jealous possesive only his emotions were not for diana but for camilla.
all those decades of loving someone and probably been discouraged to do so and still really wanting to, with all her wrinkles and sagging bits and
his wish to always be physically with her (what is called this website the tampontapes) point towards that way.

and girls: he is a scorpio, they are quitely passionant.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom