Charles and Camilla to Marry: February 10, 2005

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
But one bad thing can psuh the monarchy back and this is it. The monarchy has been damaged by all this.

i read articles about comedy Joan Rivers but i never knew she attend to Prince Charles's wedding this years im sure she attend Prince Charles and Lady Diana Spencer's wedding in 1981?

Sara Boyce

Here is the day's schedule (from bbc.co.uk/tv)

Prince Charles and Camilla Parker Bowles will marry at 1230 BST on Saturday, at Windsor Guildhall.

The ceremony will be followed by a dedication service inside the castle.

Below is a timetable for the royal wedding day.

Morning: Prince Charles arrives at Windsor Castle from Highgrove, while Camilla arrives at the Castle after leaving Clarence House.

1225 BST: Charles and Camilla depart Windsor Castle together by car, via King George IV and Cambridge Gates for the Guildhall.

1230 BST: The couple arrive at the Guildhall for the civil ceremony.

1255 BST: Charles and Camilla - now known as HRH the Duchess of Cornwall - leave the Guildhall and return to Windsor Castle.

1430 BST: The couple arrive for the Service of Prayer and Dedication at Galilee Porch, St George's Chapel, and are met by the Dean of Windsor and the Archbishop of Canterbury.

o.gif

After Charles and Camilla are taken to the quire, the congregation sing the Processional Hymn.

The couple stand before the high altar and prayers are said before former Archbishop of Canterbury Lord Carey reads from the Book of Revelation.

The choir of St George's Chapel sings a setting of a creed from the Russian Orthodox Liturgy by Aleksandr Gretchaninov.

After a further prayer, Charles and Camilla stand before the archbishop and make their pledges. Afterwards, the congregation sings the hymn, Love Divine All Love Excelling.

Actor Timothy West then reads William Wordsworth's Ode on Intimations of Immortality before the choir and members of the Philharmonia Orchestra perform Bach's Nun Komm der Heiden Heiland.

The Dean of Windsor leads prayers from the lectern in the nave and the congregation sings the hymn Praise My Soul, the King of Heaven.

The archbishop brings proceedings to a close before the National Anthem is played. It is followed by the Voluntary Celebration Fanfare, by Alun Hoddinott.

1515 BST: The Service of Prayer and Dedication ends.

1517 BST: Charles and Camilla depart St George's Chapel by the West Door and are joined by the Queen, other members of the Royal Family, the Shand family, the Archbishop of Canterbury, and the Dean of Windsor.

1520 BST: The couple meet representatives from a number of their charities and organisations in the Horseshoe Cloister.

1545 BST: The Prince of Wales and the Duchess of Cornwall drive from Henry VIII Gate to the State Apartments for the reception given by the Queen.

Around 1745 BST: The Prince of Wales and the Duchess of Cornwall leave Windsor Castle for their honeymoon in Scotland.

Around 1945 BST: The couple arrive in Aberdeen where they are met by pipers and airport staff.

I hope things go well for them... but It is really hard for me to see them together and Happy and to thin about our Princess Dianna.

It is really bizarre I am reading this now because today I met someone from England on my job and we had a discussion about the wedding and Charles' suitability for kingship. She came out and BLASTED Charles and wished they would skip over him for William!! I reminded her of the dirty "A" word from 1936 and that won't happen. But she is right, William is the hope of the future!!

Wills is the future, you are right!. I hope that when he reings (if he does) he will do the best for Great Britain.

I agree, it´s hard to see thenm happy, smiling ( i wish them hapiness, but...). Really, i can´t image camilla as a Queen. A lot of people said that with the wed "the love won", but for me "the adultery won"

gaggleofcrazypeople said:
Well, compared to Diana, Camilla is much more suitable for Charles. That is all that should matter.

Why do you think that Camilla is more suitable for Charles than Diana ?

Me too. Although I wish things turned out totally different, it is nice to see Charles happy and for him to have a woman at his side. Marriage (b/t a man and a woman) is always a good thing. However, as I said b/f, adultery is not good and one should not have to commit adultery in order to get married. I want to remember these two as being happy with each other, but I do not want to remember them as king and queen.

wlb825 said:
I hope things go well for them... but It is really hard for me to see them together and Happy and to thin about our Princess Dianna.

Well, compared to Diana, Camilla is much more suitable for Charles. That is all that should matter.

Camilla was never suitable for Charles in the beginning, that is a large part of the reason why she was his mistress and not his wife.

Of course years later society has changed, and Charles' former wife died so the mistress is now the wife.

Their side of the story...

I wonder how will and harry feel about charles and camilla marrying... I know that they are very fond of camilla but I dont now how they feel as her being their stepmum. I am sure they just want Charles to be happy but I am sure they feel some sort of unhappiness no matter what they let people think. I know I would if my father married the woman who he cheated on my mum with. I would feel a lot of resentment. But like I said they would want their father to be happy. I am finally happy that Charles finally decided to marry his life long love of his life. At least he loves her.

Well, Officially, the boys are said to be happy that their father is happy. However, it's been whispered that though William seemed to have accepted the situation, it's Harry that's been harboring a little, if not a lot, of apprehension and maybe negative feelings towards the matter. He's been said to have felt their mother's pain the deepest.

I think that Harry (and may be Wills) don´t feel so happy, altrhugh they show that.
Image that your father married his lover, when he was till married with your mum, while he was dating with her. It must be horrible. If that hapen to me I will be very angry and I will be the most I can do to stop the wed, I´ll argue with my father,and I´ll be sad. Just horrible. But that is my point of view may be they feel things different

If they didn't like Camilla they didn't need to seem so happy on Saturday. They could still have supported their father by turning up, waving and having smiles on their faces without showing joy at events.

They didn't need to be laughing and throwing confetti. They didn't need to decorate the car or chase it to be the last people to see it off, which it has been reported that they did.

I think they respect Camilla for making their father happy. I don't know if they like her but I think they do. I don't see this as lessoning their love for their mother at all. In the seven years since her death they have come to see Camilla as part of their father's life and have go to know her. Maybe they have come to like her - only they can tell us that and I don't think they are going to do so.

On the contrary, they knew that their expressions would be carefully watched so they could have acted for the cameras.So who really knows.

A few weeks ago when Charles infamously muttered his dislike for the paparrazzi when he thought no one was hearing asked William "what should we do?" and William said "just keep smiling".

I don't think we'll ever truly know how the boys really feel about Camilla.

William and Harry would remind of their beloved mother the Princess Diana many people will low-profiles of favorites Diana very much!

Sara Boyce

Alisa said:
On the contrary, they knew that their expressions would be carefully watched so they could have acted for the cameras.So who really knows.

A few weeks ago when Charles infamously muttered his dislike for the paparrazzi when he thought no one was hearing asked William "what should we do?" and William said "just keep smiling".

I don't think we'll ever truly know how the boys really feel about Camilla.

I agree, I don't think the public will ever truly know William and Harry's personal feelings, so all we have to go on are their public faces, and based on that they are happy and seem to have no qualms of spending time with Camilla or the fact that she married their father.

It seems to me, if people realize this, that maybe it's not so smart to try and discuss is all it leads to are arguments and hurt feelings.

Alisa said:

From the time of their arrival for the civil wedding then during the entire church blessing then the few minutes on the steps of St. George's Chapel, William and Harry were smiling and laughing and having a jolly good time. As they are both not Oscar or BAFTA-winning actors, it would be pretty hard to have kept up such a facade of happiness. There had to have been at least one moment where that fake happiness cracked and with all the press there that day, someone was bound to have caught it. I have not even seen a single picture of a frown or a look of dismay of either of these boys, even if it was over some nuissance like their morning suits being uncomfortable.

Camilla and Charles have alot more things in common than Charles and Diana did.

As beautiful as Diana was, Charles and Diana as a couple never seemed right. She seemed too glamorous for him while he was into things she admitted publicly that she never liked or enjoyed, like polo, horses, the countryside, hunting. In Camilla Charles has someone who is truly a companion for him and he for her. They both enjoy the countryside, Camilla enjoys watching polo and watching Charles play polo.

I often think that if there had been no Diana and that Charles and Camilla had gotten married from the very beginning, Camilla and the Queen could've actually been good friends. Afterall they both enjoy the same pursuits and are both robust, country women. But with the stigma of being "the other woman" attached to her, no matter how the Queen truly feels about Camilla, even if she really does like Camilla deep down or the two women do share interests, the Queen will sadly never publicly acknowledge or admit how much she enjoys Camilla's company.

I was watching "The Queen's Castle" and made some caps of Charles and Camilla leaving for their honeymoon.
For our Canadian members, CBC Newsworld will be re-airing the entire documentary on May 21.
I personally havent had time to watch the entire show but will tape it on the 21st and also make more caps.

Attachments

• 1a.JPG
    1a.JPG
    31.5 KB · Views: 240
  • 1b.JPG
    1b.JPG
    59.2 KB · Views: 256
  • 1c.JPG
    1c.JPG
    55.4 KB · Views: 217
  • 1d.JPG
    1d.JPG
    57.8 KB · Views: 201
  • 1e.JPG
    1e.JPG
    59.2 KB · Views: 234
  • 1f.JPG
    1f.JPG
    61 KB · Views: 257
  • 1h.JPG
    1h.JPG
    71.1 KB · Views: 284
  • 1i.JPG
    1i.JPG
    71.9 KB · Views: 194
  • 1j.JPG
    1j.JPG
    70.9 KB · Views: 179
  • 1k.JPG
    1k.JPG
    65.6 KB · Views: 201
I doubt the boys are happy.
When my mother married her lover after divorcing my father I acted happy just to get through the day smoothly. 10 years later I'm still resentful and angry. Something like this is not easy to get over, its even worse when its public.
The only consolation may be that Camilla makes Charles happy but thats probably it.

Well he's married her now, he's got what he wanted, and to hell with the rest of us eh?

I don't buy the attitude of do what you want to make yourself happy regardless of how you got there.

Last edited:
God Bless the Prince and the new Princess of Wales

As Charles and Camilla are now well and truly married I am closing this thread.

Warren
British Forums Moderator

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom