The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 04-04-2005, 12:48 PM
Courtier

Another link to an article announcing the wedding is postponed, and will take place on April 9th:

http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/news/a...source=PA&ct=5

Old 04-04-2005, 01:12 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexandria
Thanks for the update marzedote and wymanda.

Saturday is probably a better day anyway. I always wondered why it was originally scheduled for a Friday.

Wonder what will happen to the weddings/other celebrations originally scheduled for Saturday at the Guildhall? I'm sure there will be some fall out if other celebrations were unsurped for Charles and Camilla's big day.
The Guildhall is available in the Morning if Prince Charles wishes to use it, however the afternoon is booked up by three other couples and Clarence House anounced that there was no question of asking the other couples to change their plans. Alternativly the registry office is also available sunday, apparently Charles and Camilla will fit around other bookings, however i would imagine this may affect the guest list.

BBC Link

Old 04-04-2005, 01:44 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splodger
The Guildhall is available in the Morning if Prince Charles wishes to use it, however the afternoon is booked up by three other couples and Clarence House anounced that there was no question of asking the other couples to change their plans. Alternativly the registry office is also available sunday, apparently Charles and Camilla will fit around other bookings, however i would imagine this may affect the guest list.

BBC Link
Thanks for the info Splodger. It's a good thing the Guidhall was not schedule for any other celebrations or services -- I can imagine the huge ruckus and flap that would've been made if Charles and Camilla had wanted to unsurp others of their celebrations in favour of them.
Old 04-04-2005, 01:53 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by grecka
I think I just gagged at the thought of Camilla "Horsey" Bowles assuming the titles of Princess Diana. This lady is way out of that one's league and always will be. As for my own opinion, i think the moment Camilla becomes either Princess of Wales or Queen outright, the British people will come to their senses and throw Charles off the throne. He'll just scurry off into some nicely decorated manor in the English countryside with his horsey wife and his horsey life and his horsey self and never be seen again. And everyone will live happily ever after.
Speaking as one of the British people, I'm perfectly happy for him to become king. I think it'll do a lot more harm to the monarchy if people start thinking they can pick and choose who succeeds to the throne; once it becomes a popularity contest, you might as well just have a republic with an elected head of state like the USA.

There are kings and consorts who are more or less well respected; you can't just say that the ones we don't like so much should be shunted aside. Charles has a lot of experience in knowing about the constitutional part of the role of monarch, and that's more important than whether people like his wife. It would not be good for the country or for William to have him succeed to the throne while too young. There's a lot more to being king than the popularity of his wife.
Old 04-04-2005, 02:08 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexandria
Thanks for the update marzedote and wymanda.

Saturday is probably a better day anyway. I always wondered why it was originally scheduled for a Friday.

Wonder what will happen to the weddings/other celebrations originally scheduled for Saturday at the Guildhall? I'm sure there will be some fall out if other celebrations were unsurped for Charles and Camilla's big day.
Alexandria, it's possible it was scheduled for a weekday so that members of the public could have their weddings there on Saturdays, which tend to be the most popular day of the week for weddings. I assume the Register Office does Saturday weddings at any rate. It's almost always the case that royal weddings take place during the week.
Old 04-04-2005, 02:14 PM
Nobility

Is there any change about the hour?It continues to be 8 am?
Old 04-04-2005, 02:27 PM
Imperial Majesty

Off-topic post:

Susan Alicia, I'm trying to respond to your private message, and I'm being told your inbox is full. If you go and delete some of your saved messages, I'll send my response to you.
Old 04-04-2005, 02:30 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elspeth
... There's a lot more to being king than the popularity of his wife.

HEAR HEAR!

It makes me sick the way people go on about how Camilla looks ("horsey Camilla") as if it means anything... what matters is whether she loves Prince Charles and she obviously does.

Princess Diana doesn't own the title of Princess of Wales ... many women had it before her and hopefully many women will have it after her.

Yes she was loved by many, myself included, but she doesn't have a monopoly on the title,

What is more important somebody's title or what kind of person they are?

That's what matters not what they are called.
Old 04-04-2005, 02:37 PM
Heir Presumptive

it definitely matters what kind of person you are but I also think it matters what you are called. Am referring not to titles but to the word horsey, that description is boring and unpleasant

Quote:
Originally Posted by trinny
HEAR HEAR!

It makes me sick the way people go on about how Camilla looks ("horsey Camilla") as if it means anything... what matters is whether she loves Prince Charles and she obviously does.

Princess Diana doesn't own the title of Princess of Wales ... many women had it before her and hopefully many women will have it after her.

Yes she was loved by many, myself included, but she doesn't have a monopoly on the title,

What is more important somebody's title or what kind of person they are?

That's what matters not what they are called.
Old 04-04-2005, 02:39 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by susan alicia
it definitely matters what kind of person you are but I also think it matters what you are called. Am referring not to titles but to the word horsey, that description is boring and unpleasant
I agree ... it's also very rude.
Old 04-04-2005, 02:45 PM
Imperial Majesty

Well, I suppose that as long as the Prime Minister and the Archbishop were expected to be in Rome for the Pope's funeral, there wasn't much choice about postponing the wedding. Having done that, it would have looked bad for Charles to be sitting around in the UK waiting for them to get back - it would sort of make him look irrelevant - so sending him to the funeral was the obvious choice.

(Isn't hindsight wonderful?)

I hope the Duke of Norfolk gets to go too, though. I don't think Britain's Catholics would be well represented by the Prince of Wales, who's not only Anglican but effectively forbidden from even marrying a Catholic.
Old 04-04-2005, 03:15 PM
Serene Highness

Oh my God!
Charles won´t invite Sarah Ferguson to his wedding ´couse he still angry with her since they argued in 1999
Incredible
Old 04-04-2005, 03:39 PM
Heir Presumptive

what did they argue about ? do you know??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piewi
Oh my God!
Charles won´t invite Sarah Ferguson to his wedding ´couse he still angry with her since they argued in 1999
Incredible
Old 04-04-2005, 04:18 PM
Heir Presumptive

Someone is stubborn.
Old 04-04-2005, 04:31 PM
Heir Apparent

It is Charles' wedding and as it's not a state wedding but a more private affair, Charles can invite whomever he wants. And even if it were a state affair, as the ex-wife of his brother, Sarah isn't necessarily guranteed an invitiation.

It would be one thing if Andrew and Sarah were still married and Charles didn't want to invite her because of an argument they had in 1999, but as his ex-sister-in-law there is no obligation, moral or state, on Charles' part to invite Sarah.

So I don't think he's being stubborn or petty or anything like that -- it's within his right and choice to exclude and include anyone he so desires.
Old 04-04-2005, 04:36 PM
Aristocracy

Thanks God they moved the wedding. I just couldn't imagine the Pope's funeral on Friday and Charles getting marry at the same time.

Anyway, Charles did so many stupid things in his life and this wedding is shame for him and the royal family. He has to take the responsibility for being born into a royal family and being in line to become a king. If you pick somebody from the street, he will make better king than Charles. With this wedding and Charles becoming a king one day, I should say that it is the beginning of the end for the British monarchy

Old 04-04-2005, 04:55 PM
Serene Highness

really, I don´t know Susan Alicia. the article says that they argued in a dinner in Charles house, in Highgrove
Quote:
Anyway, Charles did so many stupid things in his life and this wedding is shame for him and the royal family. He has to take the responsibility for being born into a royal family and being in line to become a king. If you pick somebody from the street, he will make better king than Charles. With this wedding and Charles becoming a king one day, I should say that it is the beginning of the end for the British monarchy
I definitly agree with you Victoria1999, British monarchy is going down with all this mess. Charles did desastes and i think that he´ll pay for his error (and for the other people too) and maybe not only him, all the British monarchy
Old 04-05-2005, 03:20 AM
Majesty

Location: East of the sun and west of the moon, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by HMQueenElizabethII
It will be shown in Australia on Thursday 7th April.
Cool. You´ll have to tell us your thoughts on it then.
Old 04-05-2005, 04:00 AM
Heir Apparent

Sorry Warren,do 7 and 9 change the wedding coverage into Saturday?Because i just read the progrrams from their sites but it still on Friday,they have not changed yet.
God save Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II
Old 04-05-2005, 04:08 AM
Administrator in Memoriam

TV coverage

Quote:
Originally Posted by HMQueenElizabethII
Sorry Warren,do 7 and 9 change the wedding coverage into Saturday?Because i just read the progrrams from their sites but it still on Friday,they have not changed yet.
HMQEII

We'll have to wait until the programmers get their acts together, and then update the sites. I'm sure they will cover it, but they have to re-organise their TV crews and commentators in London etc. Neither channel has any sporting commitments on Saturday night this week.

W

Closed Thread

Tags
camilla, camilla parker bowles, duchess of cornwall, engagement, prince charles, prince of wales