The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 02-24-2005, 10:24 PM
Royal Highness

Actually Sophie Wessex said she and Edward were delighted with the wedding. And you don't know if Camilla's kids have said anything or not.

But you should not focus on the fact that W&H said anything. You should look at how terse their response was. Read between the lines (or maybe in this case line).

Old 02-24-2005, 10:36 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reina
And you don't know if Camilla's kids have said anything or not.
With the wall to wall coverage of this engagement and the upcoming wedding, I'm sure that if Tom and Laura Parker Bowles had made any sort of public statement about their mother's engagement and wedding it would've been reported by now. Entertainment Tonight reported on Jane Seymour's comments on the wedding -- I'm sure that if Tom and Laura had said even a peep Jane's comments would've been bumped. And even if the international press wouldn't have covered the Parker Bowles' children's comments, the British press would've at least. They have certainly chronicled enough of their lives over the years, whether it was Tom's drug usage or his love life.

Quote:
But you should not focus on the fact that W&H said anything. You should look at how terse their response was. Read between the lines (or maybe in this case line).
Reading between the lines is interpretive and subjective as it was a written statement, and not one verbally spoken by either of the boys so that you could hear the influcuations in their voices and their demeanor as they issued the comment. How one person reads between the lines is different from someone else. If you support the marriage of Charles and Camilla you see into William and Harry's that they are happy about it, but if you disapprove of the marriage you would say that William and Harry are unhappy and miserable about it.

Old 02-24-2005, 10:40 PM
Royal Highness

You should look at how terse their response was.
Old 02-24-2005, 10:50 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
You should look at how terse their response was.
But that's my point exactly: It was a written response issued by St. James' Palace. How can a written response be "terse?"

Maybe some people read it as "terse" but not all. Just as I can read any post here and say that a member was sarcastic in his or her reply even if the member didn't mean it that way or if another member doesn't read it as such.

Unless you see a person making such a statement, so you can see how they say it, their facial reactions and body languages, words are static and are open to interpretation.
Old 02-24-2005, 11:15 PM
Royal Highness

“We are both very happy for our father and Camilla and we wish them all the luck in the future.”

That is quite terse for a written statement.
Old 02-24-2005, 11:25 PM
Heir Presumptive

Their response doesn't really seem to matter. They are going to get married anyway.
Old 02-25-2005, 03:18 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by susan alicia
Reina,
a lot depends on how your own feelings are about the matter.
If you reread the statement with a positive attitude and take the trouble to believe them on the written words, then you might see it differently.
William & Harry are two young men in their 20s. They said what was expected of them for public consumption. Did you expect them to have the Poet Laurette write an ode in honour of their fathers upcoming nuptuals???? :p
Old 02-25-2005, 04:16 AM
Administrator in Memoriam

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaggleofcrazypeople
Their response doesn't really seem to matter. They are going to get married anyway.
So now we've got that sorted, can we move on, instead of going round and round in ever decreasing circles?
Old 02-25-2005, 04:31 AM
Serene Highness
TRF Author

Ok, Ok... let's see in the future who was right about Charles & Camilla & Harry& William, etc etc etc!!

Regards!!
Old 02-25-2005, 11:40 AM
Royal Highness

Do you expect them to actually agree with this union?
Old 02-25-2005, 06:18 PM
Serene Highness
TRF Author

No, in my opinion they (specially Harry) will never accept her!!
Old 02-25-2005, 11:21 PM
Heir Presumptive

They way she has led her life, I don't think many Windsors would accept her.
Old 02-25-2005, 11:47 PM
Courtier

If I wasn't so outraged at the concept of these two marrying, I'd laugh. Honestly, this whole fiasco is turning into a right royal circus! The media must be having the time of their lives in the UK. I predict family secrets will start pouring out soon and this will certainly bring the monarchy down a few notches.
Old 02-26-2005, 12:56 AM
Nobility

I have read that at English civil wedding services a certain number of public spectators are allowed, by law, to witness the proceedings. I have also discovered that if more than one witness to an English civil wedding, say Prince Charles' for instance, raises an objection then under English law the whole wedding must be stopped. An Anglican priest, whose name escapes me, has vowed to raise an objection from the public gallery when Prince Charles and Camilla exchange vows. No one can stop him and he has publicly stated that he wishes for someone else to raise a similar objection so that all proceedings may grind to a halt. He has said that if no one is brave enough to stand beside him on April 8th then he will still have no objection in shaming Prince Charles and his fiancee' on their big day.
Old 02-26-2005, 02:36 PM
Courtier

A plaque at the Guildhall, Windsor.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DWF15-1169698.jpg
Views:	87
Size:	44.2 KB
ID:	99301  
Old 02-26-2005, 03:57 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaggleofcrazypeople
They way she has led her life, I don't think many Windsors would accept her.
Of course the Windsors will accept her. It takes two to tango and Camilla didn't have these affairs on her own. Charles was involved too. And to not approve Camilla for her actions is to also not approve one of their own.
Old 02-27-2005, 07:21 PM
aninhas

Prince Charles has claimed he has been shown "no compassion" by the British public as a result of his relationship with Camilla Parker Bowles.

In candid remarks made to a journalist on a trip to Bulgaria in 2003, Prince Charles claimed his private life had been compromised and hit out at those intent on scaling down the Monarchy.

"I thought the British people were supposed to be compassionate. I don't see much of it," the Prince is reported to have said.

He continued: "I don't see any reason why I should define my private life. All my life, people have been telling me what to do, I'm tired of it.

"My private life has become an industry. People are making money out of it," he complained.

The heir to the throne is due to marry Mrs Parker Bowles in April in a civil ceremony in Windsor.
Old 02-28-2005, 05:45 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by james
I have read that at English civil wedding services a certain number of public spectators are allowed, by law, to witness the proceedings. I have also discovered that if more than one witness to an English civil wedding, say Prince Charles' for instance, raises an objection then under English law the whole wedding must be stopped. An Anglican priest, whose name escapes me, has vowed to raise an objection from the public gallery when Prince Charles and Camilla exchange vows. No one can stop him and he has publicly stated that he wishes for someone else to raise a similar objection so that all proceedings may grind to a halt. He has said that if no one is brave enough to stand beside him on April 8th then he will still have no objection in shaming Prince Charles and his fiancee' on their big day.
Whatever sort of valid objection can there be to a civil wedding? It's not as if either of them was still legally married or one of them was ten years old or something.
Old 03-01-2005, 10:19 AM
Serene Highness

wow, i have never seen so many post on one subject before. with that said does no one care that they both cheated on their mates, ruin two families and now they want to get married? i know for me, i 'm not watching the wedding.
Old 03-01-2005, 12:19 PM
Courtier

I'll state for the record again, They should not have done what they did, but we are to forgive and try to forget (which in this case is impossible). Many feel that if he hadn't cheated on Diana, they would had still been married, and she would not had died in the car crash. I am one also. I don't feel that they will have as long a married life as they would want. You reap what you sow. But I wish them whatever happiness they can have.

Closed Thread

Tags
camilla, camilla parker bowles, duchess of cornwall, engagement, prince charles, prince of wales