Charles and Camilla to Marry: February 10, 2005

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Australis said:
Unbeliveable!!! :eek:

Anyway the whole idea gives me goosebumps......like a horror movieQUOTE]

:D :D I have to agree with you, Australis. We all know that Charles and his new Official Fiancee :eek: used Diana to their own goals. Of Course Princess Diana was not a Saint but what they done to her, intentionally, shows what kind of person they are...
But in my opinion Charles is even worst than Camilla, because of him Diana tried suicide, lived very-very unhappy and he caused (indirectly) her premature death.

Catholic Church would never allowed this marriage, and the Anglican church just approve this because he is The Prince of wales, but I don't believe that God can bless this person's marriage.

For me this a schock! I think that in their hearts they will never be happy, they have too many sins in their souls...

Sorry for all the Camilla's and Charles's fand but this is my opinion.

Regards! :)

YEAH! A wedding!!! I, for one, am thrilled at this news. Charles and Camilla have been together for HOW long? They're obviously madly in love with each other. I think that her getting the titles HRH Duchess of Cornwall and then Princess Consort is a good appeasement for those who still don't believe that these two are meant to be together.

Once again, we will ask people to refrain on their statements about this delicate topic. And please try to avoid any comments of religious nature!

Didnt they give any reason why she wouldnt be called princess of wales and later queen camilla?

Merca said:
Well, cute girl, they did not get married back then, because Charles was not given permission to marry her at that time. He had to marry someone with royal blood but Camilla was and is very much commoner. I assume you didn´t know that either that Charles and Camilla were an item before he was arranged to marry Lady Di, and it was Camilla who helped him to chose his bride, nevertheless, their mutual attraction seems to have been so strong that it has kept them together to this day and I am sure for the rest of their lives. The true love that endures years is a rare sight and therefore we should appreciate it even if we don´t approve of it.
I guess I believe that real roaylty should act like they do in fairy tales:eek: Anybody can marry anyone as long as it's for love. That's not the reality. I know this isn't a fairy tale but a living breathing monarchy that are bound by rules, standards and protocol.

I just think it's a pity he wasn't allowed to marry Camilla at that time. I've always felt that it was a shame that Princess Margaret could not marry Peter Townsend. But that's all water under the bridge. You can only move forward and hope for the best. God bless them both. I hope that their marriage is all that they hoped it would be:)

Didnt they give any reason why she wouldnt be called princess of wales and later queen camilla?

I think it's because people's opinion about Camilla being "Princess of Wales."The only one many want to remember is Lady Diana...

Anyway, I heard on French TV that she will be first "HRH the Duchess of Cornwall" and after the Queen died, the "Princess Consort". They explained it's just one rank below Diana's one. If Diana was still alive, Camilla would still be qualified as she will be on April the 8th.

Will the wedding be shown live on TV?

I'm glad they've finally decided to formalize their union, although I have mixed feelings about it. Their relationship caused alot of pain and suffering to many people. The most we can do is offer our best wishes and nothing more.

anyone living in the UK, tonight on BBC 1 at 7pm, there is a special program on Charles and Camilla

Elsa M. said:
Sorry my ignorance, but isn't Phillip, Queen Elisabeth's husband, Prince Consort anyway?

Yes, he is Prince Consort, because the title of King is above the title of Queen (for lack of a better way of explaining right now, my brain is mush). But whenever there has been a King the consort has been Queen.

I have a question to those more informed than me: Prince Charles has other titles than the title of Duke of Cornwall. So will Camilla also gain the titles Duchess of Rothesay, Countess of Chester and Countess of Carrick?

It seems that way from reading here: http://www.baronage.co.uk/bphtm-01/princess.html (written in 1996). But this doesn't seem like regular situations, has Clarence House addressed this?

Thanks for the explanation, Ennyllorac! ;)

oh my dear

:( I was watching News Tv and surprised that Charles to marry Camilla.. Honest I dont like her.. oh well.. look they were happy... I am glad Camilla wont become Queen at all..;)

karla

I am not a big Camilla-fan but I think it´s nice they can finally get married. :)
I do not believe that is was Camilla who "ruined" Diana´s marriage. There´s always two people to it. Also, if they had just given Charles permission to marry the woman he loved this whole "tragedy" hadn´t happend. I hope they will learn from the past, esp. regarding Prince William´s marriage one day...

My reaction is: it's about time! Honestly, they've been together through bad and worse for 30 years--why is anyone surprised by this? They have had the delicacy to not give her the title of Princess of Whales and she will be Princess Consort not Queen, and it's a civil ceremony. It seems a lot better to me that they be properly wed then her walking around until she's 95 as the "mistress" in order to oblige rules of society from 1905 instead of 2005.

I hope it works well for them and for Briton.

Camilla will be known as HRH Duchess of Cornwall & when the time comes not as Queen Camilla but as the princess consort.

I think that 7 years is a long time to wait.
They have certainly gone well above and beyond the proper mourning period.
It's utterly ridiculous to say that its too soon for them to be married. I mean really would anyone here ever wait that long to marry the one that they love?
I think that when its time for Charles to ascend the throne Camilla will do her job well. She will support the "king" and the UK. I think that its the people who will not support them & that's a shame because with a love like theirs they could probably do great things together.

I'm not justifying their actions from past just simply stating that pressures and duties may have prevented them from making the better choices.

Millions of people of different cultures and religions get divorces or anullments every day all over the world. This does not mean that they need to pay dearly for it for the rest of their lives it just means that they made a choice that didn't work.

After all, prince or king, we are all only human are we not?

I'm really surprised about this news, too. I heard it on the radio as I was doing my hair this morning before work then on the television.

I think that it's good that they are getting married. People have been saying for years that they are living in sin or whatever, and yet now that they have announced that they are getting married, people are still not happy.

Personally, I think their relationship has stood the test of time and that their relationship is obviously not one that's going to go away anytime soon. Camilla has always shown support and love for Charles in everything he does -- and doesn't everyone deserve that? And it's been almost 8 years since Diana's death, and more than that since Charles and Diana separated -- I think it's okay now for Charles to move on.

Yes, she was the third party in Charles and Diana's relationship -- but she wasn't the only third party. Diana had her own affairs, too.

And if the Queen has given her approval to this marriage then who is anyone else to judge since the one person who did judge it supports the union?

I think the deicision to make Camilla a consort rather than Queen has appeased many people that it won't be Queen Camilla next to King Charles. The last few years Camilla's been attending events with Charles anyway, so why not make it legal and let her stand properly next to him in the receving lines now?

what role willCamillas children have will they take part in royal life will they get titles

Some of the posts on this thread have been rather interesting. I get the feeling some people find this marriage distasteful only beacuse the protagonists are no longer in the first blush of beautiful youth. But much as some people seem to think or wish differently, Love does not belong to only the young and the beautiful and the innocent and the good. And Love is no less beautiful because the people who feel it are not as perfect to behold as Brad Pitt and Jennifer Aniston--who for all their youth and beauty seem to have not known how to hold onto their love.

Whatever ones opinions about Charles and Camilla, to deny that theirs is a real and true Love, even a real and true love story, is silly.

Attachments

• top.charles.camilla3.jpg
    top.charles.camilla3.jpg
    18.1 KB · Views: 869
Just a reminder that name calling is NOT permitted at TRF. Even if you are not happy about Charles and Camilla's engagement, I'm sure that there is a more diplomatic way of stating it, rather than resorting to name calling.

Please remember the forum guidelines when posting.
Lyonnaise

It's amazing how quickly times change, isn't it? 30 years ago, when Charles and Camilla first wanted to get married, the Queen wouldn't allow it because Camilla was a commoner. Now things have come full circle and they are finally getting married. Think of how much sadness and heartbreak on both sides could have been avoided if they had been allowed to marry the first time around.

I worry about William and Harry though, and how this news will affect them. Since the wedding is coming up in just two months, I would assume it has been planned for awhile now. I wonder if Harry's recent acting up has had something to do with is reaction to this news.... Just my thoughts though.

Ewwwwww. Queen Camilla??? I don't think the Brits will stand for that and I really don't know how Queen Elizabeth could!!!

thats the reason she wont be queen camilla is because us the british public will not accept her as are queen and this will cause alot of problems so that why they gonna have us call her princess consort, i personally dont think many people will still accept her even after they get married. i just hope it aint shown on tv i for one wont be watching i doubt many people in this country will be i'll make sure im out

i also think that charles will never been king anyways look at the queen now shes in her 80's??? still healthy if she lasts as long as the queen mother charles will mostly likely be dead by the time she died. i think that from when charles gets married there gonna start getting william ready to be king i really dont see charles at all being king

Well I was surprised to hear the news to say the least!
But I suppose it is time they finally married. After so much controversy and broken marriages on both sides.
Its interesting that Camilla will be called Princess Consort and not Queen if and when Charles becomes King. That should satify those who oppose the union.
I am just so sorry that Diana was never meant to be Queen.

Prince Charles will marry Camilla Parker Bowles

Prince Charles said Thursday he will marry his divorced lover Camilla Parker Bowles in April, putting an official seal on a long romance that Princess Diana blamed for the breakdown of her tempestuous marriage to the heir to the throne. The announcement ruled out the possibility that she would become queen.
-> more infos at: http://www.princess-diana.com

What is your opinion ?
1. Camilia may never become the queen of England
2. Camilia shall take the same putting value as Diana

-> http://poll.princess-diana.com

Congratulations to the Couple. I wish them the best. It´s unfortunate that she will not be called the Princess of Wales for she is marrying the Prince of Wales. And too bad she will not be called Queen Camilla. I like the ring of that. The fact that the Church of England will not marry them because she is a divorcee continues to be a point of supreme irony. O, well. It´s also unfortunate that his sons have managed(with his help) to make this time leading up to the wedding not so scandal free. Well, maybe there will be no more scandals from this moment on. That would be great.

Well what should I say. I would have rather seen Charles with Diana, a thousand times better, happy. But that didn't happen. We all know the honest story now, the raw truth. But, who am I to judge who he should spend his life with. Who am I? I don't even live in England. Honesty says he's waited long enough to be together with the love of his life. It's just as it is. I think it's best up to the people of Great Britain to decide if she may become queen. Maybe a democratic vote would be best. Because the worst thing would be a queen the people maybe still hold grudge against.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom