The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 02-16-2005, 07:56 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warren
QUOTE ["No Sex Before Marriage for Charles
Where on earth does this sort of rubbish come from?
it was on a news page on AOL, here's the website
http://channels.aolsvc.co.uk/news/ar...16024109990002

Old 02-16-2005, 07:57 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warren
QUOTE ["No Sex Before Marriage for Charles

Where on earth does this sort of rubbish come from?

it was on AOL news
http://channels.aolsvc.co.uk/news/ar...16024109990002

Old 02-16-2005, 08:55 AM
Heir Apparent

Isn't there such a saying that seeing the bride the night before the wedding is bad luck? Or is it seeing the bride in her wedding gown before the wedding?
Old 02-16-2005, 02:54 PM
Commoner

I think that the saying is about the dress, not about the bride :)
Old 02-16-2005, 03:13 PM
Royal Highness

It has been suggested that in the ceremony that Charles and Camilla could repent of their wrongdoings. I wholeheartedly agree with this. And I agree with the Queen not letting them sleep together b/f marriage. Iam glad she is still puttikng her foot down on some matters in this situation.
Old 02-16-2005, 03:26 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by norwegianne
Isn't there such a saying that seeing the bride the night before the wedding is bad luck? Or is it seeing the bride in her wedding gown before the wedding?
A Groom should not see the wedding dress until he sees his bride in the church, registary office etc on the day of the wedding. He should also not see his bride from the night before the wedding until she comes into the church, registary office etc with her dress on that he hasnt seen either... I dont know why, nore do i know why its something New, Something Borrowed, Something Blue either and until today... i have never questioned it either... why do we have these peculiar customs???
Old 02-16-2005, 09:11 PM
Majesty

Location: East of the sun and west of the moon, United States
This weeks Newsweek has an article about the announcement. Here is the article:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/6960059/site/newsweek/
Old 02-17-2005, 01:18 AM
Nobility

Spoldger, is there anything you do not know?
Old 02-17-2005, 05:33 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Spoldger, is there anything you do not know?
Well actualy... and I am sorry to shatter anyones illusions of my perfection but I dont know very much about Molecula Physics... .

However on a serious note, I did actualy mean that although I know the tradition that Men must not see their Brides etc before the wedding, I dont know why they must not... and I dont know why a Bride should have something old, new, blue and borrowed... so there you go - I dont know everything But until someone asked about the tradition I had never questioned it before... so I really must pass this over to a lady who is planning a wedding or has been married as it extends outside my feild of experteese. :o
Old 02-17-2005, 05:52 AM
Heir Presumptive

it is just traditional fun blended in with superstition about luck and fertility
the bride throwing her bouquet to the unmarried women, being carried over the threshold, guest throwing rice at the bride and groom...

(sometimes superstitions are primitively cruel, in greece a woman who had been orphaned at an early age told me that she was not allowed in the dressing room of the bride, her cousin, because it might bring bad luck)

I am going off topic, sorry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splodger
Well actualy... and I am sorry to shatter anyones illusions of my perfection but I dont know very much about Molecula Physics... .

However on a serious note, I did actualy mean that although I know the tradition that Men must not see their Brides etc before the wedding, I dont know why they must not... and I dont know why a Bride should have something old, new, blue and borrowed... so there you go - I dont know everything But until someone asked about the tradition I had never questioned it before... so I really must pass this over to a lady who is planning a wedding or has been married as it extends outside my feild of experteese. :o
Old 02-17-2005, 06:36 AM
Aristocracy

I am sorry to continue the waver in thread conversation, however I have found a webpage to answer the above conversation regarding Wedding Tradtions.

Wedding Traditions Explained

Once again, sorry for degressing from Charles and Camilla but if they are reading they can check out the site too - perhaps it will bring them better luck this time around!

Hope that answers the above conversation... Back to Charles and Camilla
Old 02-17-2005, 02:05 PM
Heir Presumptive

Last Updated: Thursday, 17 February, 2005, 16:48 GMT

from the bbc:

Prince and Camilla change venue

The new venue will allow the public to see the couple arrive and leave

Prince Charles and Camilla Parker Bowles have changed the venue for their forthcoming wedding on 8 April.

The pair were set to hold a civil ceremony at Windsor Castle but Clarence House has now confirmed they will marry at the Guildhall in Windsor.

The couple made the decision on the grounds that licensing the royal castle would cause too much disruption.

The wedding will be followed by a prayer service led by the Archbishop of Canterbury at St George's chapel.

Clarence House says the new venue will allow the public to see the newlyweds arrive and leave.

Mrs Parker Bowles has chosen Robinson Valentine to design her wedding outfit and Philip Treacy to design her hat for the ceremony.

Once married, she will take the title of HRH Duchess of Cornwall and then Princess Consort if Charles becomes king.

The Duke of Edinburgh and I are very happy that the Prince of Wales and Mrs Parker Bowles are to marry

The Queen

Clarence House statement

A Daily Telegraph poll of 1,313 people suggests two-thirds of Britons support the couple's decision to marry.

But only 40% think Mrs Parker Bowles should become Princess Consort as planned.

Some 47% believe she should have no title, while 7% think she should become queen.

The poll also suggested that the majority of Britons would prefer the monarchy to miss a generation, with the Queen handing the throne to her grandson Prince William, 22, on her death or abdication. Mrs Parker Bowles, 57, said the prince went down on one knee to propose and added: "I'm just coming down to earth." Charles, 56, said he and his wife-to-be were "absolutely delighted".
Old 02-17-2005, 04:32 PM
Majesty

Why would getting a license be a lot of trouble? They have to prove that the castle can provide enough accomdation for having such an event and safe exit passageways and so forth? It seems strange.
Old 02-17-2005, 04:49 PM
Heir Presumptive

in order to be allowed to have a wedding ceremony in an unusual building you have to apply for permission 3 years on beforehand and it is not just for one event, it would mean that all britons could get married at windsor castle
Old 02-17-2005, 04:54 PM
Majesty

Good grief. 3 years. Well, I could understand it to a point. All Britons? Im sure if it was a place of worship, they(the leader of worship or the religious authorities) would have a say in it. But I guess because its not a place of worship, it has to be opened to all. If this is all true, then why did they say Windsor castle in the first place?
Old 02-17-2005, 05:04 PM
Heir Presumptive

Best wishes to the couple

I haven't read all the posts on this thread or kept up with the press on it. Having heard Prince Charles wanted to marry her when they were young only he was told no she wasn't suitable I have something I want to say. Both married other people and had children which they love however it was wrong to have denied them the happiness they deserved when young. It is love to have lasted all these years. Best wishes to them and may they have many more years ahead together as a married couple. Lady M
Old 02-17-2005, 05:26 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennism
Good grief. 3 years. Well, I could understand it to a point. All Britons? Im sure if it was a place of worship, they(the leader of worship or the religious authorities) would have a say in it. But I guess because its not a place of worship, it has to be opened to all. If this is all true, then why did they say Windsor castle in the first place?
Good question. Someone who should have been giving advice must have been asleep at the wheel.
Old 02-17-2005, 05:36 PM
Majesty

The Windsor Court not being on the ball on something? Impossible! What next? A Press related scandal? When pigs fly...
Old 02-17-2005, 06:36 PM
Heir Presumptive

did not listen very well earlier on to the news :

they can get a licence immediately but other couples would be able to marry at windsor castle for the next 3 years

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennism
Old 02-17-2005, 10:13 PM
Majesty

O, I get it now. That sounds like a good plan though. The Castle may start to look like a chapel in Las Vegas after awhile though...And we dont want that now. "Get into the queue. The Castle is open for 24 hours. Calling all brides and grooms" ha ha ha.

"BOMBAY (Reuters) - A group of Bombay lunch couriers, charmed by Prince Charles when he paid them a visit last year, have offered him and his newly betrothed traditional Indian gifts for their wedding.The tiffin carriers or dabbawallahs, well-known by management gurus worldwide for their nearly flawless supply chain, have offered a sari and a blouse to Camilla Parker Bowles and a red turban to Charles, heir to the British throne.

"It's our way of expressing gratitude to the prince, who gave us honor by enquiring about our activities and meeting us," said Raghunath Medge, president of the Nutan Mumbai Tiffin Suppliers' Association. "This is not an expensive gift, but it's from the bottom of our heart and we hope he accepts it."The sari, green and nine yards long, will be accompanied by a matching blouse and glass bangles. The dabbawallahs collected about 2,000 rupees ($46) from its members and plan to send the gifts by the end of the week.

The association represents nearly 5,000 tiffin carriers who deliver 150,000 lunch boxes every day from suburban households to offices and schools across India's commercial capital. Prince Charles plans to marry Parker Bowles, his long-time lover, on April 8 at Windsor Castle, west of London."

Tags
camilla, camilla parker bowles, duchess of cornwall, engagement, prince charles, prince of wales