The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 02-15-2005, 03:05 PM
Nobility

According to the Dutch Newspaper 'Telegraaf' can british people buy a replica of the ring in markets for 28, is this true??

Old 02-15-2005, 03:32 PM
Royal Highness

I think charles was a good father and thathe grew in that aspect over time. I will not dispute that. And I think overall he is a decent person who wants to be happy, but the circumstances are just not proper for the monarchy and royal family.

Old 02-15-2005, 03:51 PM
aninhas

Quote:
Originally Posted by cute_girl
to those who say that charles is a good father I'd say that dont forget he went off to theatre the night William was in hospital,what sort of father is he?????????
:( Youre right...
Old 02-15-2005, 03:56 PM
aninhas

Quote:
Originally Posted by susan alicia
well you are a very lucky girl than (and a bit judgemental, even though your say you are not).
Moderators, why are this becoming so agressive? :( I agree with Regina and with other persons, I don't like Camilla a lot but I don't hate her either, but I would like to write my opinions about this wedding without offenses.
Old 02-15-2005, 04:49 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
to those who say that charles is a good father I'd say that dont forget he went off to theatre the night William was in hospital,what sort of father is he?????????
I don't know why people make such a big deal out of this. Maybe things have changed and kids these days need both parents dancing attendance when they're ill, but I don't recall my or my friends' fathers being expected to drop everything and hang around for medical issues if our mothers were there to do it. As long as William wasn't dangerously ill (which he wasn't), had one parent there (which he did), the two parents didn't like each other much (which they didn't), and the other parent had a previous engagement (which he did - this theatre trip wasn't simple pleasure as far as I remember), then there's no reason for them both to be hanging around the hospital. It doesn't mean that Charles didnt care or was a bad father. It just means that the press was determined to carry on the "Diana's perfect, and Charles is such a bad person that he doesn't even care about his own children" stuff even if a sick child had to be used in the process.
Old 02-15-2005, 04:54 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxPatrickxx
According to the Dutch Newspaper 'Telegraaf' can british people buy a replica of the ring in markets for 28, is this true??
Looks like it:

http://news.scotsman.com/latest.cfm?id=4135566

I wondered how long that would take. And I wonder how many people who had a replica of Diana's sapphire will be running out to get one of these.
Old 02-15-2005, 05:32 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by susan alicia
wonder how they know that, royal jewels are probably not insured because they are "priceless" so I can't see anyone taxating them
I think it was just a matter of looking at the types of stones in the ring, knowing something about platinum rings of that age and with those stones, and making some sort of estimate of the quality of the diamonds since I don't suppose they'll have seen it in enough detail to know about the quality. I assume they're valuing it purely for its content and aren't taking ownership into account.

The Times had an article saying it was probably worth at least 100,000, which, while impressive enough, is way short of a million dollars.
Old 02-16-2005, 04:29 AM
Aristocracy

i think you guys are being too hard on Charles, maybe he wasnt a good father when Diana was alive even though we dont know that for sure, diana always said charles was a good dad, but since diana died he has always been there for them, i dont think its acting, noone is that good an actor. The pics of them on holiday skying just shows how close they are.

Also when William was in hospital, we dont know maybe charles went after his charity diner, we dont know how he was feeling that night, maybe he didnt want to go but he had to sometmes they dont have choices. he could have been on the phone the whole time he was at the diner for updates
Old 02-16-2005, 04:31 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elspeth
The Times had an article saying it was probably worth at least 100,000, which, while impressive enough, is way short of a million dollars.
I think its more than 100,000 the center diamond itself could be worth that. the diamonds on that ring are incredible
Old 02-16-2005, 04:34 AM
Aristocracy

you people sure are fickle.
Old 02-16-2005, 04:41 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by trinny
you people sure are fickle.
what do you mean by that???
Old 02-16-2005, 04:58 AM
Aristocracy

http://channels.aolsvc.co.uk/news/ar...16024109990002

No Sex Before Marriage for Charles

The Queen is reported to have banned Prince Charles from sleeping with Camilla Parker Bowles on the eve of their wedding.

The Sun claims that the monarch has insisted on the nookie ban, despite the fact that Charles and Camilla currently live together at Highgrove.

Royal sources are said to have revealed that the couple have argued in vain against the ban.

They are set to tie the knot in a civil ceremony on April 8, having announced their plans last Friday.

Clarence House has since rejected claims that the marriage would not be legal.

A BBC Panorama investigation revealed there was confusion over whether the heir to the throne's ceremony at Windsor Castle on April 8 would be permitted under current legislation.

The 1836 Marriage Act allowed for civil marriages in England for the first time, with the exemption of the Royal Family.

Legal experts interviewed by Panorama argued that this was updated in 1949 but that no specific changes were made to the royal exemption.

A Clarence House spokesman said: "Legal advice was taken from four different sources and all agreed that it is legal for a member of the Royal Family to marry in a civil ceremony in England."

Constitutional expert and friend of the Prince, Lord St John of Fawsley, branded the programme "an absolute disgrace".
"It's nonsense and nonsense on stilts. The purpose of the explanation in the Act was to safeguard the Royal Family from the side effects such as the banns," he said.

"It was never intended to ban civil marriages as such. The Palace has taken legal advice from the highest authority. The Lord Chancellor has been consulted. Government ministers have been consulted."

He added: "The marriage is valid and Camilla would be Queen."
Old 02-16-2005, 04:59 AM
Heir Presumptive

remember seing a tv piece about charles life until now and he was about 5 years old at a trainstation with his nanny and his mother and father had just come back from a trip abroad.
elizabeth stroked his cheek with her finger and he was looking at other interesting things around him, it looked like if he did not really recognize his mother.
elizabeth took care of him the way she knew best and I think charles (and all the royals) have taken care of william and harry very well (except a small lapse when his uncle wanted to make a tv programme about him, do not remember excactly what that was about)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cut1me
i think you guys are being too hard on Charles, maybe he wasnt a good father when Diana was alive even though we dont know that for sure, diana always said charles was a good dad, but since diana died he has always been there for them, i dont think its acting, noone is that good an actor. The pics of them on holiday skying just shows how close they are.

Also when William was in hospital, we dont know maybe charles went after his charity diner, we dont know how he was feeling that night, maybe he didnt want to go but he had to sometmes they dont have choices. he could have been on the phone the whole time he was at the diner for updates
Old 02-16-2005, 05:03 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by cut1me
what do you mean by that???
you. people. are. fickle.
Old 02-16-2005, 05:03 AM
Administrator in Memoriam

QUOTE ["No Sex Before Marriage for Charles

The Queen is reported to have banned Prince Charles from sleeping with Camilla Parker Bowles on the eve of their wedding.

The Sun claims that the monarch has insisted on the nookie ban, despite the fact that Charles and Camilla currently live together at Highgrove.

Royal sources are said to have revealed that the couple have argued in vain against the ban."]

Where on earth does this sort of rubbish come from?
Old 02-16-2005, 05:16 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warren
QUOTE ["No Sex Before Marriage for Charles

Royal sources are said to have revealed that the couple have argued in vain against the ban."]

Where on earth does this sort of rubbish come from?
well the sun is not a VERY good newspaper &
lots of couples descide not to sleep together the night before the wedding (even it they have slept together in the past), it probably is their own descion not their mothers or mother in laws

Alexandria,
asked a question on page 19 on feb 14 re charles being a good son and brother, do you remember where you read what you wrote or was it a general impression?
Old 02-16-2005, 06:03 AM
Imperial Majesty

Blimey - I wonder how she proposes to enforce that ban. Perhaps she's going to have a private detective follow them around 24/7?
Old 02-16-2005, 06:04 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by trinny
you. people. are. fickle.
So you said before. You were asked to provide an explanation. Please do so, with proper regard to the forum rules, of course.
Old 02-16-2005, 06:11 AM
Administrator in Memoriam

Off-topic circuit breaker...

"Charles and Camilla to Marry" now has well over 400 responses (477 at last count) since February 10th.

Is this a record?
Old 02-16-2005, 06:19 AM
Imperial Majesty

It may be! We usually stop threads at 10 pages and start follow-on ones, but since this thread is about a specific topic of current interest it was decided to let it run.

Closed Thread

Tags
camilla, camilla parker bowles, duchess of cornwall, engagement, prince charles, prince of wales