The Royal Forums Coat of Arms


Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #381  
Old 02-14-2005, 01:24 PM
Gentry
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Los Angeles, United States
Posts: 80
Quote:
I fail to beleive that no one in the Spencer family knew about Charles and Camilla. Charles had dated, if not at the very least been good friends with one of Diana's elder sisters (I forget if it was Jane or Sarah) in the mid 1970s, and later Jane's future husband was a member of the Queen's senior staff. They must have known, but they obviously didnt let that stop them marrying Diana off to bring the Spencer family into the heart of the Royal Court and Royal Favour.


The Spencers would have never stopped the wedding. They wanted in with the Royal Family too badly. They wanted Charles and Diana's sister to get together. They always joked that Diana would marry Andrew, hence her childhood nickname, Duchess.



The thing that makes me really mad about Camilla is she wants the best of both worlds. I cannot believe she will not take on any royal duties.



http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article/0,,2087-1482134,00.html

Quote:
I can not imagine how she felt when she knew her husband and gone to see Camilla on their wedding night.



Is there any proof of this? I know he was on the phone with Camilla, but I donít think they saw each other on the wedding night.
__________________

  #382  
Old 02-14-2005, 01:35 PM
norwegianne's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Rogaland, Norway
Posts: 5,993
Quote:
Originally Posted by Binky
The thing that makes me really mad about Camilla is she wants the best of both worlds. I cannot believe she will not take on any royal duties.[/color]

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article/0,,2087-1482134,00.html

Uh, maybe just me, but doesn't Camilla already have certain organizations that she works closely with? All the other Crown Princesses have had some time to acclimatize to their role, and few of them chose their patronages straight away. Why should Camilla be any different?

Certainly it would be nice to see her along with Charles on the trip, but let's wait until after the wedding to see whether or not Camilla will take on the royal duties.
__________________

__________________
  #383  
Old 02-14-2005, 01:47 PM
Alisa's Avatar
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: , United States
Posts: 1,872
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexandria
Could you please post these articles Alisa? I'm curious to know what these articles have to say and judge for myself if the stories are accurate or not.
I cannot go back and find every single article that I have read on the subject. However, the Daily Mail just yesterday printed a story semi-related to Harry's feelings towards Camilla.

Harry taunted over wicked stepmother
  #384  
Old 02-14-2005, 02:05 PM
susan alicia's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: , Netherlands
Posts: 2,529
Quote:
Originally Posted by norwegianne
Uh, maybe just me, but doesn't Camilla already have certain organizations that she works closely with? All the other Crown Princesses have had some time to acclimatize to their role, and few of them chose their patronages straight away. Why should Camilla be any different?

Certainly it would be nice to see her along with Charles on the trip, but let's wait until after the wedding to see whether or not Camilla will take on the royal duties.
as far as i can read in the times article it says that she might not go with charles to washington, that must be a decsicion she does not take alone and something that is meant for the benefit of all concerned.

the work she does at the moment is charitable and has been offered to her because of her position and it would be strange if she did not accept it and do her best.

going with charles to washington is not the same
  #385  
Old 02-14-2005, 02:33 PM
sara1981's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: North Little Rock, United States
Posts: 3,448
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elspeth
Sara, if Diana were here, she'd be perfectly happy for Charles to marry Camilla, as long as he took himself off to Italy or something and left her in charge of preparing William for the throne in a way that suited her and allowed her to be in the position of being the power behind the heir and eventually behind the throne.

Do you honestly think the Queen would have stood for that?
no! i dont think so about Queen have stood!

Sara Boyce
  #386  
Old 02-14-2005, 02:42 PM
sara1981's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: North Little Rock, United States
Posts: 3,448
Quote:
Originally Posted by HMQueenElizabethII
When Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth The Queen mother and Her Royal Highness Princess margaret still alive,they did not approve with the marriage of Charles and Camilla.
yeah i agree!

HM Queen Mother would knew about she told Prince Charles dont married to Camilla because she homewrecker!

Queen Mother accepted as Prince Edward's finacee Sophie-Rhys Jones enter Royal Family for 6 years because Sophie been together with Edward more years long time as girlfriends because Sophie always obey 2 Queens i respect Sophie.

im not sure about Queen Mother accept Lady Diana Spencer? and Sarah Ferguson?

Sara Boyce
  #387  
Old 02-14-2005, 03:58 PM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: , Canada
Posts: 3,220
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alisa
I cannot go back and find every single article that I have read on the subject. However, the Daily Mail just yesterday printed a story semi-related to Harry's feelings towards Camilla.
I wasn't asking you to go back and find every single article you've read on the subject, but since you offered up in your previous post that you had read "a lot" about how William and Harry "really" felt, I was curious to read them for myself. It seemed like a pretty general and strong statement to make without offering any articles in support of your point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by norwegianne
Uh, maybe just me, but doesn't Camilla already have certain organizations that she works closely with? All the other Crown Princesses have had some time to acclimatize to their role, and few of them chose their patronages straight away. Why should Camilla be any different?
The one organization I know Camilla is a chair for is the Osteperosis organization. Her mother suffered from it and it affected Camilla or at least interested her enough to serve as a head of it. I think she attended some international conference on some years back at which Queen Rania was in attendance, too.

I think Camilla deserves some time to settle into her formal role, too. While she has been part of Charles's life for many, many years, she hasn't been part of his life in such a formal manner. Just because she's been around the royal family for so many years, it has always been on the outskirts of it and just because she is older than the other Crown Princesses who have recently joined royal families, Camilla deserves the same amount of a learning curve granted to her. It's not fair to expect Camilla to jump in feet first into taking on royal duties and patronages.
  #388  
Old 02-14-2005, 05:25 PM
Alisa's Avatar
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: , United States
Posts: 1,872
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexandria
I wasn't asking you to go back and find every single article you've read on the subject, but since you offered up in your previous post that you had read "a lot" about how William and Harry "really" felt, I was curious to read them for myself. It seemed like a pretty general and strong statement to make without offering any articles in support of your point.
I suggest that you go back and actually read my previous posts Alexandria. I have added them to this discussion. I never claimed to have read "alot" of articles or that they described how William and Harry "really" felt. You are quoting words that I have never written.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alisa
I have read articles that indicate that both boys have always been split on their father's relationship with Camilla. Prince William it has been said has always been nonchalant about his father's relationship with Camilla, while Prince Harry has always viewed Camilla as the main cause in the ending of his parents marriage.

Any way the official story is that both boys are pleased with their father's decision and that is for now the story.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alisa
I cannot go back and find every single article that I have read on the subject. However, the Daily Mail just yesterday printed a story semi-related to Harry's feelings towards Camilla.

Harry taunted over wicked stepmother
  #389  
Old 02-14-2005, 05:40 PM
MoonlightRhapsody's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Garden Grove, United States
Posts: 934
Quote:
Church of England Implications:

I am always a little surprised over the issue of divorce and re-marriage within the Church of England.

I am bemused why people feel that Charles should not marry Camilla beacuse he is the future Head of the Church of England and that divorce is wrong. The Church of England owes its entire existance to a chubby, bearded gentleman of the 16th centuary who wanted a divorce.

Henry VIII, one of histories most famous adulterers, broke with the Roman Catholic Church when the Pope refused to grant him a divorce from Catherine of Aragon so he could marry his pregnant mistress Anne Bolyn. Therefore, Henry established his own church based on protistant principles - The Church of England - and made himself the supream head of the institution so he could do exactly what he wanted and get a divorce... two of them in fact (catherine of aragon & anne of cleves).

I cant help but find it surprising that people wish to condem Charles' wedding to Camilla based on religious values beacuse he will one day be head of the Church of England, when the Church's first leader established it so he could get divorced and marry his mistress.
Just because his ancestor did it, doesn't mean Charles should repeat his mistake. Heck, my ancestors butchered and persecuted non-Catholics but that doesn't mean I should go doing the same thing.

The best he can do is to learn from the past mistake of his ancestor and make the best example he can for the future. Not compound the whole fiasco! I don't think that a "hey! Congratulations, you followed Henry VIII's example of divorce, re-marriage, and adultery!" would sound so complimenting.

*sigh* I think I need to take a break from this whole thing. Just the issue is making my blood pressure rise and my blood boil. I feel like howling at my perception of the immorality of it all.
__________________
*~* In matters of style, swim with the current. In matters of principle, stand like a rock. *~*
*~* Judge not those who try and fail. Judge those who fail to try. *~*
Sweden's Picture of the Month Represenative
  #390  
Old 02-14-2005, 05:50 PM
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: ***, United States
Posts: 16,894
"Do you have any articles that would suggest that Diana would want Charles to go to Italy so that she could prepare William for the throne in her own way?"


She said something along those lines in the Panorama interview - something about how much better it'd be if he and "his lady" took themselves off to Italy or something. She's also been quoted numerous times about how she was wanting to train William to be king.

"You and others are just as ignorant as you claim others who are against Camilla to be. Do you honestly think that Diana would try to influence William in a manipulative way."

Actually, yes, I do. I think she was wanting to turn him into a king in her own image - compassionate, emotional, informal - everything she believed, rightly or wrongly, that the Windsors weren't. She was trying to raise a Spencer, not Windsor, king (probably hence her brother's pledge to her at her funeral to continue her work in that direction).

Also, I'm not anti-Diana. I know that people who utter a breath of criticism about her are considered to be anti-Diana, but things aren't that clear-cut. I think she was in a terrible position and was clearly unequal to coping with it and had very little help, but I also think that she wasn't blameless, and it was annoying to see her and the press claiming otherwise. I just got thoroughly fed up with the Saint Diana, evil Charles stuff we were continually hearing about. She took a bad situation and made it worse by her response to it and then blamed everybody but herself. Charles and Camilla both also behaved badly, but Diana behaved badly right along with them.
  #391  
Old 02-14-2005, 05:58 PM
Gentry
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Los Angeles, United States
Posts: 80
Quote:
Originally Posted by susan alicia
as far as i can read in the times article it says that she might not go with charles to washington, that must be a decsicion she does not take alone and something that is meant for the benefit of all concerned.

the work she does at the moment is charitable and has been offered to her because of her position and it would be strange if she did not accept it and do her best.

going with charles to washington is not the same
But the article talks about the future and how she hasn't really planned to participate in royal duties.

From the article:

Quote:
She has told officials that even after their marriage in April, in an apparent breach of protocol, she will not automatically accompany Charles on every foreign tour.
Quote:
One friend of Parker Bowles said she never had any intention of taking on a full programme of public duties. He said: ďAnybody coming into the royal family struggles to cope because the pace never lets up. What you do today was put in the diary six months ago. Camilla has had to cope with a lot but she has never worked in her life.Ē
I can see why she wouldn't go to Washington. Diana was very popular in America, so things might be a bit akward. But to breach protocol and not accompany Charles on every foreign tour? There's no reason. If she will be in the Royal family, she should work hard like the other members do, like The Queen and Princess Anne.
  #392  
Old 02-14-2005, 06:08 PM
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: ***, United States
Posts: 16,894
Quote:
ANd ppl do deserve to be happy, but they should also be dutiful. I am glad that Charles and Camilla are getting married cuz the alternative was not good at all. However I am against that she gets the HRH status and even a title. They could have had a ceremnoy where she did not get a title. That would have been more suitable.
However, if a morganatic marriage is possible now, then it would have been possible for the Duke of Windsor, since as far as I know the law hasn't changed in the meantime. It was said at the time that a morganatic marriage would require special legislation and the permission of the commonwealth countries and goodness knows what else, and Parliament refused to countenance it. That was a case where Edward was already king and there was no ex-Princess of Wales to complicate things. If they suddenly decide that morganatic marriage is viable now, then they're saying they turfed a king off the throne illegally back in the 1930s. I doubt they'll want to do that. Giving Camilla a title that's not quite Princess of Wales is a compromise.
  #393  
Old 02-14-2005, 06:14 PM
sara1981's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: North Little Rock, United States
Posts: 3,448
Quote:
Originally Posted by Binky
But the article talks about the future and how she hasn't really planned to participate in royal duties.

From the article:

I can see why she wouldn't go to Washington. Diana was very popular in America, so things might be a bit akward. But to breach protocol and not accompany Charles on every foreign tour? There's no reason. If she will be in the Royal family, she should work hard like the other members do, like The Queen and Princess Anne.
I would agree with that!

Princess Diana been popular Princess many people love her lots! since 1986 im not sure! when Diana went Washington D.C. meet late President Reagon and former Lady Nancy Reagon for gala dinner and late President Reagan dances with Princess Diana and John Travolta and Diana attend Chicago,for gala dinner and meet former lady Hillary Clinton in 1996 and 1997 and Diana attend Washington D.C. for Red Cross dinner gala funds before she died in 1997 with Mrs.Dole and Diana meet designer im not sure what name is! Diana loves visit USA lots!

HM Queen attend state dinner with President Reagon twice when HM Queen comes visit US visit him and Washington D.C. for speech i think so!

im not sure about Princess Anne! she never visit US! i not read about Princess Anne visit to US

Sarah,Duchess of York visit New York couples times for talk show and lots of more of funds dinners but she would lived in New York she says that.

Sara Boyce
  #394  
Old 02-14-2005, 06:14 PM
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: ***, United States
Posts: 16,894
Quote:
The thing that makes me really mad about Camilla is she wants the best of both worlds. I cannot believe she will not take on any royal duties.
She'll have to start doing significant royal duties if this wedding isn't just going to end up causing more problems than it solves. People really aren't going to stand for her getting married, getting a title, getting legitimate access to the Duchy of Cornwall income, and then freeloading.

She doesn't have to accompany Charles on all his foreign trips - other royals do solo foreign engagements - but she'll have to accompany him on some of his engagements and take on some of her own or there'll be trouble.

Like I said the other day - as mistress, she had the best of all worlds, with the perks but not the responsibilities. Now she's got the responsibilities too, and she'll just have to make the best of them.
  #395  
Old 02-14-2005, 06:17 PM
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: ***, United States
Posts: 16,894
Sara, Princess Anne visited the USA with Prince Charles during the Nixon Administration. I'm not sure how many visits, if any, she's made since then.
  #396  
Old 02-14-2005, 07:21 PM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 9
Camilla Parker Bowles is marrying the Prince of Wales. That makes her HRH The Princess of Wales. It also means she should be Queen Consort when Charles ascends the throne -IF they both live long enough. While the compromises are admirable I think they are unneccessary and purely political. Are they perfect? No. Are any of those casting stones perfect? They apparently think so - but guess what? They're not either.......

I wish them every happiness they can find in the remaining years of their lives and SHAME on those who can't because they are so bitter and unforgiving...sad people!
  #397  
Old 02-14-2005, 09:21 PM
sara1981's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: North Little Rock, United States
Posts: 3,448
Quote:
Originally Posted by nivek517
Camilla Parker Bowles is marrying the Prince of Wales. That makes her HRH The Princess of Wales. It also means she should be Queen Consort when Charles ascends the throne -IF they both live long enough. While the compromises are admirable I think they are unneccessary and purely political. Are they perfect? No. Are any of those casting stones perfect? They apparently think so - but guess what? They're not either.......

I wish them every happiness they can find in the remaining years of their lives and SHAME on those who can't because they are so bitter and unforgiving...sad people!
no!

Camilla will known as Duchess of Cornwall or Princess of Consort but Camilla cant become Princess of Wales nor become Queen of England what Prince William told Camilla about replace his mother's titles many people wanted to low-profiles of late Princess of Wales in 1997 that why! but thankness godness no replace to taking his mother's titles

Sara Boyce
  #398  
Old 02-14-2005, 10:14 PM
HMQueenElizabethII's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Ryde, Australia
Posts: 3,783
Yes,now the title for Camilla is Her Royal Highness Duchess Camilla of Cornwall.If Prince Charles become King,she will be The Princess Consort not The Queen.But Prince Charles still hope the public agree for Camilla become Queen for the crowning at Westminster Abbey.
__________________
"God save our Gracious Queen,
Long live our Noble Queen,
God save The Queen"
God save Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II
  #399  
Old 02-14-2005, 10:24 PM
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: ***, United States
Posts: 16,894
Quote:
Camilla will known as Duchess of Cornwall or Princess of Consort but Camilla cant become Princess of Wales nor become Queen of England what Prince William told Camilla about replace his mother's titles many people wanted to low-profiles of late Princess of Wales in 1997 that why! but thankness godness no replace to taking his mother's titles
Sara, she WILL be Princess of Wales, she'll just be KNOWN AS Duchess of Cornwall. Equally, without legislation to prevent it, when Charles become king she will be queen, even if she's known as Princess Consort. Obviously these titles are being used to avoid it looking as though they're insulting the memory of Diana, but Camilla will still have the PoW title even though she won't be using it.
  #400  
Old 02-14-2005, 10:43 PM
wymanda's Avatar
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Perth, Australia
Posts: 1,495
Regarding this uproar about a civil ceremony not being legal. The Earl & Countess of St Andrews married in a british registry office at Leith in Scotland in 1988. That was well before the establishment of the Scottish parliament and, even now, Scotland is still a part of Great Britian so it looks to me like these legal "experts" just like to hear the sound of their own voices.
__________________

__________________
Everything I write here is my opinion and I mean no offence by it.
Closed Thread

Tags
camilla, camilla parker bowles, duchess of cornwall, engagement, prince charles, prince of wales


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Charles and Camilla: The Marriage (2005 and on) VuMom The Prince of Wales and the Duchess of Cornwall 1583 04-09-2015 11:10 PM
Charles and Camilla: Visit to Kuwait, Qatar, Bahrain and the UAE - February 2007 hornsen Royal and Ruling Families of the Gulf States 183 03-02-2007 06:49 PM




Popular Tags
ascot 2016 best gown best gown september 2016 best hat best outfit catherine middleton style coup d'etat crown prince haakon crown princess mary crown princess mary fashion crown princess mette-marit current events duchess of cambridge e-mail fashion poll germany grand duke jean greece kate middleton king abdullah ii king felipe king felipe vi king willem-alexander member introduction monarchy new zealand nobel gala norway november 2016 october 2016 opening of parliament picture of the week poland state visit to norway prince bernhard prince charles princess madeleine princess marie princess mary princess mary daytime fashion princess mary fashion princess mary hats princess mary style queen juliana queen letizia queen letizia casual outfits queen letizia daytime fashion queen letizia fashion queen letizia style queen mathilde queen mathildes outfits queen maxima queen maxima casual wear queen maxima daytime fashion queen maxima fashion queen maxima hats queen maxima style queen rania queen rania in oslo royal fashion september 2016 spencers state visit state visit to denmark succession sweden the duchess of cambridge the duchess of cambridge casual wear the duchess of cambridge daytime fashion the duchess of cambridge fashion the duchess of cambridge hats


Our Communities

Our communities encompass many different hobbies and interests, but each one is built on friendly, intelligent membership.

» More about our Communities

Automotive Communities

Our Automotive communities encompass many different makes and models. From U.S. domestics to European Saloons.

» More about our Automotive Communities

Marine Communities

Our Marine websites focus on Cruising and Sailing Vessels, including forums and the largest cruising Wiki project on the web today.

» More about our Marine Communities


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:52 PM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2016
Jelsoft Enterprises