Charles and Camilla to Marry: February 10, 2005

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe she can attend these events.But never see The Princess Royal or The Countess of Wessex or the Gloucesters,Kents curtsey to her!

Far as I know, as the wife of the Prince of Wales and an HRH, she becomes the second lady in the land. Officially that means the other royal ladies (apart from the Queen) would have to curtsey to her, but I don't think the royal family tends to be so formal, apart from curtseying to the Queen at official functions (not sure about private ones).

the husband of one of diana's sisters worked for the RF or for charles directly, do not know excactly, while charles and diana were divorced. Perhaps he does not work for them anymore.

Diana's sister Jane is married to Sir Robert Fellowes, who was the Queen's private secretary during most of the Charles-Diana problem years. That must have put Lady Jane in a really difficult situation. Sir Robert resigned from the position as Private Secretary a few years ago (1997 or 1998 or something).

Well, the idea that he was unfaithful throughout his marriage is disputed. Diana says they never stopped their affair, Charles says he didn't go back to Camilla till his marriage had broken down despite their efforts to make it work. It depends who you believe.

There are many levels of betrayal and unfaithfulness. It's not just the act of sleeping with someone else. Deep emotional intimacy with someone else could be seen as an act of betrayal. Talking about your spouse, your marriage, and important discussions with your spouse, with another person could be seen as an act of betrayal. He had an emotional connection with Camilla throughout his engagement and marriage to Diana, he slept with Camilla during his marriage to Diana, he most likely told Camilla intimate details about his marriage to Diana. The list of emotional betrayal goes on and on.

About how Diana might have felt: How can you erase doubts about the relationship being over? The other woman was advicing your future husband about how to handle you, the other woman was at your wedding when you got married to the man, your husband of a few hours is calling his ex-lover while on your honeymoon and wearing cufflinks the other woman gave him. How would a 19-year-old woman react to something like that? I'd have doubts that the relationship was over.

Last edited:
who will attend to watch Prince Charles and Camilla's wedding

Earl and Countess of Wessex?
Duke of York?
Princess of Royal?
Prince William and Prince Harry?
intives friends from countries includes Crown Prince and Crown Princess,King and Queen and more!

make lists who will attend for Prince Charles and Camilla's wedding

not make lavish like in 1981 Prince Charles to Lady Diana Spencer have it! if have lavish same in 1981 i hates it! if Diana would be here!

Sara Boyce

How can anyone think that William and Harry are happy with this. Sorry but that is bull. And I think that Charles shoudl abdicate. This is all a mess.

sara1981 said:

Duke of York?
Princess of Royal?
intives friends from countries includes Crown Prince and Crown Princess,King and Queen and more!

not make lavish like in 1981 Prince Charles to Lady Diana Spencer have it! if have lavish same in 1981 i hates it! if Diana would be here!

Sara Boyce

I dont think it will be a very big wedding. It isnt a State Wedding so I doubt that there will be 'that' many who will go, just friends and family. Although several forign royal's may go, this will be as friends as oposed to as Heads of State. I am sure many British Royals will be there and people like King Constantine & Anne Marie will go as close friends, however when Anne married Timothy Lawrence it was VERY small gathering compared to her wedding to Mark Phillips. Besides, St Georges Chapple isnt big enough to hold a large number of guests.

Is anyone going to Windsor from the message board? I know it is 'sad' of me, but I have already booked the day off work to go, so look out for me with my flag if anyone else goes!

Reina said:
How can anyone think that William and Harry are happy with this. Sorry but that is bull. And I think that Charles shoudl abdicate. This is all a mess.

There doesnt seem to be any official or reliable souce to say whether the boys are happy or not. Having been in the same situation, it is one of the hardest things to understand, especialy when your young, that your parents dont love each other and to see them with someone else. However based on how the boys and Charles are infront of the camara together, they seem very devoted.

Why would the boys not want their farther to be with somone who makes him happy. Charles seems to have conducted his whole affair with Camilla at the utmost disrection, it was years before the boys even met Camilla and the public only found out really when Diana told us all on national TV. Parents often have the hard task of ballencing their happeness with that of their childrens. I am sure that if the family life of the Wales' they portray to the media are anythign to go by then Charles will still devote time to being with his son's as he always has.

The only reason i can see they would not be happy that his farther is re-marrying is that their mother is dead. However no one can ever bring Diana back and as for anyone who has lost a parent, life goes on. It isnt as if Diana and Charles were together when she died and he moved Camilla in before Diana was burried. Charles seems to have always done his utmost to protect his children from the media circus sourounding her death and their less than happy life together.

Children are always caught in the middle, regardless of how well or poorly their parents behave to each other. They must have found it equaly as hard for them to have their mother go on national TV and tell everyone how Charles was unfaithfull to her.

The boys are now adults and have their own lives to lead as well as Charles.

I personaly feel this whole situation is only a mess beacuse Diana died a martya. Had Diana still been alive she would probably have married Al-Fyad or something else, maybe even doing something that we the public didnt aprove of and there would be no problem in Charles re-marrying. It is because Diana died so young, whilst so attractive and so charasmatic to the people that we judge Camilla who we know very little about as she has always stayed out of public life, by the memory of a woman who is now imortalised as a victim of a broken marriage. No one would ever have been another Diana, but the marriage was over, and she has passed away and we can not go on beleiving that Charles must remain single for the rest of his life just beacuse we dont have our fairy tale princess anymore.

Last edited:
Very well said Splodger; you've made some excellent points.

I think ultimately William and Harry want their father to be happy, whatever or whomever that means.

Charles and Diana's marriage faltered years and years ago -- not just last year. It's certainly not too soon after their parents breaking up or Diana's death for this decision to come along.

Nothing at this point can bring Diana back so it's not even as if William and Harry have some deeply hidden desire or even a possibility for their parents to reconcile their differences and live heappily ever after.

By all accounts, even by Diana's own account, Charles has always been a good father to his sons. He may not have been a very good husband, and not necessarily a good son or brother, but he's always been a good father whatever his other shortcomings are or may be. I think that if either William or Harry had expressed any hesitation, lack of support or upset feelings about this impending marriage, it would not be happening or Charles would at least wait until his sons had come to terms with the idea of Charles and Camilla getting married before proceeding with it.

I can't imagine that William and Harry are such selfish individuals that they would want their father and Camilla to live in the shadow of their mother and be unhappy the rest of his life.

Charles and Camilla's affair may have caused Diana some heartbreak, but how long do Charles and Camilla need to be blamed for Diana's heartbreak -- of which they are not solely responsible for -- and how long do they need to suffer for it? Does Charles have to give up the role that is his birthright and one which he's been reared for his entire life as retribution? Must Camilla forever be seen as the mistress and never as anything else despite anything else good she does or has done in her life?

Charles and Camilla getting married doesn't diminish Diana's memory or make the work she did while she was alive or her achievements any less significant. Diana will still always be remembered as a glamorous and caring princess who was the loving mother of William and Harry. Nothing I've ever read about Camilla or any comments by Camilla or friends of Charles and Camilla say that she wants to take over Diana's place in the hearts of the people or the hearts of her sons. Camilla only wants to be in Charles's heart -- she doesn't want to be the Queen of Hearts.

I guess that William and Harry do want their father to be happy. William seems to be mature about the whole thing, but Harry seems like he has been affected so much by the past that he will never be happy with the future.

sara1981 said:

Duke of York?
Princess of Royal?

Sara Boyce

It wouldn't surprise me to see the Sultan of Brunei attend as he and Charles are old freinds. Also King Abdullah and Queen Rania as they seem to be quite freindly.

I've seen reports saying that Camilla didn't want to get married but was persuaded that it would be better for the image of the royal family if she did, so that Charles wouldn't become king with a long-term mistress.

After all, she's had the best of all worlds for years now - she's the one who had influence over Charles and the one he talked to about things that mattered to him, she was in a position to give him advice about things like his charities and his speeches, she was the recipient of gifts and luxuries, she was invited to all sorts of events simply because people knew Charles would want her there - yet she had no accountability, didn't have to perform duties or have her calendar filled with royal stuff for months in advance, could choose which charities she did and didn't want to support, wasn't in the headlines every time she drew breath, but could live a relatively private life doing what she wanted to do. That's going to change now. She'll have to pay for all her luxuries and privileges with duties and service to the country and with far greater loss of privacy.

Apart from lack of security (which a clever woman can get around if she knows her man well enough), the life of a royal mistress has a lot of advantages over the life of a royal consort. She's about to find that out, I think.

I have read articles that indicate that both boys have always been split on their father's relationship with Camilla. Prince William it has been said has always been nonchalant about his father's relationship with Camilla, while Prince Harry has always viewed Camilla as the main cause in the ending of his parents marriage.

Any way the official story is that both boys are pleased with their father's decision and that is for now the story.

Splodger said:
I dont think it will be a very big wedding. It isnt a State Wedding so I doubt that there will be 'that' many who will go, just friends and family. Although several forign royal's may go, this will be as friends as oposed to as Heads of State. I am sure many British Royals will be there and people like King Constantine & Anne Marie will go as close friends, however when Anne married Timothy Lawrence it was VERY small gathering compared to her wedding to Mark Phillips. Besides, St Georges Chapple isnt big enough to hold a large number of guests.

Is anyone going to Windsor from the message board? I know it is 'sad' of me, but I have already booked the day off work to go, so look out for me with my flag if anyone else goes!
Not 'sad' at all Splodger. If I lived in the UK I would be there too. It's Royal History.

For those who receive an invitation I guess it will be seen as a show of public support for Charles and Camilla so I would assume they will make an effort to be there. For instance I would expect the Royal Family to attend en masse; plus assorted foreign Royals.

susan alicia said:
Panorama looks at the implications for the future of the Anglican Church posed by Prince Charles' decision to opt for a civil marriage. Rowan Williams, The Archbishop Of Canterbury who will bless the union, has already given his support, saying that it is

"... consistent with Church of England guidelines concerning remarriage which the Prince of Wales fully accepts as a committed Anglican and as prospective Supreme Governor of the Church of England."

But is the rest of the Church of England as willing to follow him down this path?

Dear Lord(he notes ironically), don´t they have better things to do. The Anglican communion is falling apart because of other issues. The C of E should worry about that. They knew where Rowan stood on all of this for some time now. Bigger fish to fry, people.

Exactly. The church nearly broke apart last year over the appointment of gay bishops. Why in the name of God would the church care anything over the marriage of a middle-aged British prince and his mistress?

Alisa said:
I have read articles that indicate that both boys have always been split on their father's relationship with Camilla. Prince William it has been said has always been nonchalant about his father's relationship with Camilla, while Prince Harry has always viewed Camilla as the main cause in the ending of his parents marriage.

Any way the official story is that both boys are pleased with their father's decision and that is for now the story.

Could you please post these articles Alisa? I'm curious to know what these articles have to say and judge for myself if the stories are accurate or not.

Of course there will be varying stories of how the boys are really reacting to their father's decision to marry Camilla -- that's what sells papers in the end and the feelings of Charles, Camilla, William and Harry don't matter much to the publishers as much as the bottom line.

Curiously, nobody's considered Tom and Laura Parker-Bowles' feelings -- even Earl Spencer was asked for his opinon on his former brother-in-law's decision to marry Camilla as was King Constantine of Greece, yet Camilla's own children haven't said a single word of approval or disapproval.

grecka said:
Exactly. The church nearly broke apart last year over the appointment of gay bishops. Why in the name of God would the church care anything over the marriage of a middle-aged British prince and his mistress?

Well, he will be their honorary head. But not yet. But still they need to work on other things first.

If you want to see articles on how WIlliam and Harry feel go the PHarry's thread. My last two posts have articles.

Alexandria said:
Very well said Splodger; you've made some excellent points.

I think ultimately William and Harry want their father to be happy, whatever or whomever that means.

Charles and Diana's marriage faltered years and years ago -- not just last year. It's certainly not too soon after their parents breaking up or Diana's death for this decision to come along.

Nothing at this point can bring Diana back so it's not even as if William and Harry have some deeply hidden desire or even a possibility for their parents to reconcile their differences and live heappily ever after.

By all accounts, even by Diana's own account, Charles has always been a good father to his sons. He may not have been a very good husband, and not necessarily a good son or brother, but he's always been a good father whatever his other shortcomings are or may be. I think that if either William or Harry had expressed any hesitation, lack of support or upset feelings about this impending marriage, it would not be happening or Charles would at least wait until his sons had come to terms with the idea of Charles and Camilla getting married before proceeding with it.

I can't imagine that William and Harry are such selfish individuals that they would want their father and Camilla to live in the shadow of their mother and be unhappy the rest of his life.

Charles and Camilla's affair may have caused Diana some heartbreak, but how long do Charles and Camilla need to be blamed for Diana's heartbreak -- of which they are not solely responsible for -- and how long do they need to suffer for it? Does Charles have to give up the role that is his birthright and one which he's been reared for his entire life as retribution? Must Camilla forever be seen as the mistress and never as anything else despite anything else good she does or has done in her life?

Charles and Camilla getting married doesn't diminish Diana's memory or make the work she did while she was alive or her achievements any less significant. Diana will still always be remembered as a glamorous and caring princess who was the loving mother of William and Harry. Nothing I've ever read about Camilla or any comments by Camilla or friends of Charles and Camilla say that she wants to take over Diana's place in the hearts of the people or the hearts of her sons. Camilla only wants to be in Charles's heart -- she doesn't want to be the Queen of Hearts.
Well said, Alexandra.

William and Harry aren't children anymore and I believe that they hold their father's interests at heart. Diana will always be their mother and I don't think Camilla will ever take that place in their hearts. She has two boys of her own and I wonder what they think about all of this.

I wonder how Charles and Camilla are riding out this storm of controversy. From all this press, there's not one ice cube's chance of that wedding being televised, let alone photographed:(

I've got a few wedding dresses picked out for Camilla. I think I'll start a thread in Something Royal, Something Blue :D

Alexandria said:
Curiously, nobody's considered Tom and Laura Parker-Bowles' feelings -- even Earl Spencer was asked for his opinon on his former brother-in-law's decision to marry Camilla as was King Constantine of Greece, yet Camilla's own children haven't said a single word of approval or disapproval.

Good Point Alexandria!
They even asked the butler! I really wonder why or if any of us really care what a louse like Burrell has to say on the matter. The man has a very unhealthy obsession with his dead boss which I think mainly relates to how much money he can make out of his association with her.

This is horrible!!:eek: I know the situation had to be clarified before the Queen's reign ended, but making her an HRH?? I cannot believe HM is going to let that woman have that title and be second in the land above the Countess of Wessex and her own daughter, The Princess Royal??? This is a blight on the British Monarchy!!

Now I learn that Camilla has been given an engagement ring from the royal collection?? Diana, who WAS Princess of Wales, never received such an honor or thought!! All Camilla deserves is to be called Her Grace, The Duchess of Cornwall. It was good enough for another adulteress!!

I am utterly disgusted!!!:mad: Nice to know an adulteress can achieve so much!!!

Last edited:
yes,i also know that.I have never seen Princess Anne curtsey to Princess Diana before.But Sophie i do not know.

Alexandria said:
Could you please post these articles Alisa? I'm curious to know what these articles have to say and judge for myself if the stories are accurate or not.

Of course there will be varying stories of how the boys are really reacting to their father's decision to marry Camilla -- that's what sells papers in the end and the feelings of Charles, Camilla, William and Harry don't matter much to the publishers as much as the bottom line.

I have agree with Alexandria!;)

I would damn knew it! because Princess Diana's brother wont comment about Prince Charles and Camilla getting married again in first place! when i read sky articles says that! i dont blame Charles Spencer about that of his dead sister the Princess Diana but Charles Spencer would damn knew about Diana's first marriages to Prince Charles but Diana would getting damn to become Queen of England but the HM Queen order to Diana and Charles to divorces im wishes Diana would become Queen of England but she still Queen of hearts and she is People's Princess she says in interview 1995. "IF Diana would be here and she would getting Damn tell to Charles no married to Camilla that it!" she would damn smart talk about that! i knew it!

Prince Charles still love with Camilla more than Diana when i read books Diana told him argue about Charles gone riding for hunting but she got rolling by the stairs before William was born but no harm for Diana and baby that really sick! :eek:

but i would agree with the publisher because we have sell all those magazine to American include People magazine,US Weekly,In-touch,etc. cover of "Prince Charles and Camilla Parker-Bowles's engagement annoucement" if People editors will chose to cover or small cover wait and see! like Prince Charles and late Princess Diana of Wales been covers of People of engagement in 1981 its would put people 1981 and current 2005 people covers i would knew it! I will get magazine every weeks because im subscribe of People magazine and US weekly.

Sara Boyce

I just heard on TV that Charles and Camilla's marriage could be illegal because if they are having a civil marriage then it cannot be recognized as legal

tiaraprin said:
This is horrible!!:eek: I know the situation had to be clarified before the Queen's reign ended, but making her an HRH?? I cannot believe HM is going to let that woman have that title and be second in the land above the Countess of Wessex and her own daughter, The Princess Royal??? This is a blight on the British Monarchy!!

Now I learn that Camilla has been given an engagement ring from the royal collection?? Diana, who WAS Princess of Wales, never received such an honor or thought!! All Camilla deserves is to be called Her Grace, The Duchess of Cornwall. It was good enough for another adulteress!!

I am utterly disgusted!!!:mad: Nice to know an adulteress can achieve so much!!!

tiaraprin,
there is a verse in the bible that says "Let he who is without sin caste the first stone"
I dont think that any of us are perfect or candidates for sainthood so how about we lay off the name calling. I don't notice anyone calling Diana an adulteress and yet she did her share of enticing and sleeping with other womens husbands.

I just heard on TV that Charles and Camilla's marriage could be illegal because if they are having a civil marriage then it cannot be recognized as legal

Civil marriages are legal in the United Kingdom; I don't think there are special laws that apply to the royal family as long as the royal person concerned has the Queen's consent. I expect the legality of a civil marriage would have been checked quite carefully before they decided on it, or they'd have had to do as Princess Anne did and marry in the Church of Scotland.

When Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth The Queen mother and Her Royal Highness Princess margaret still alive,they did not approve with the marriage of Charles and Camilla.

Elspeth said:
I've seen reports saying that Camilla didn't want to get married but was persuaded that it would be better for the image of the royal family if she did, so that Charles wouldn't become king with a long-term mistress.

After all, she's had the best of all worlds for years now - she's the one who had influence over Charles and the one he talked to about things that mattered to him, she was in a position to give him advice about things like his charities and his speeches, she was the recipient of gifts and luxuries, she was invited to all sorts of events simply because people knew Charles would want her there - yet she had no accountability, didn't have to perform duties or have her calendar filled with royal stuff for months in advance, could choose which charities she did and didn't want to support, wasn't in the headlines every time she drew breath, but could live a relatively private life doing what she wanted to do. That's going to change now. She'll have to pay for all her luxuries and privileges with duties and service to the country and with far greater loss of privacy.

Apart from lack of security (which a clever woman can get around if she knows her man well enough), the life of a royal mistress has a lot of advantages over the life of a royal consort. She's about to find that out, I think.

and as was said yesterday on by legal histroians and other lawyers, she will definitely become queen of england once charles becomes king. That makes her a person of historical importance and it will be a huge responsibility to do as well as possible.

The entire situation was a blight on the monarchy for years; the marriage is an attempt to resolve an awkward ongoing situation. Adulterers and adulteresses with HRH titles are not exactly unknown in the royal family, to say nothing of dynastic killing of wives and one case of bigamy; if the monarchy managed to survive the marital escapades of Henry VIII and George IV, it'll survive HRH the Duchess of Cornwall.

grecka said:
Why in the name of God would the church care anything over the marriage of a middle-aged British prince and his mistress?

Especially since the same Church came into being by an English King and his desire to get divorced and marry another woman?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom