Charles and Camilla to Marry: February 10, 2005

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sara when camilla marries charles she will legally be the princess of wales. However she will not be called it.

i agree...it doesn't matter what the government or clearance house said now....It is up to POW to give the title of "Queen" to Camilla if he wishes when he becomes king! Just like now...QE II can give Prince Philip the title of the Duke of Edinberg (spelling?!) or Prince Consort or anything...

<nitpick>It was George VI who gave Philip the title HRH Duke of Edinburgh (and Earl of Merioneth and Baron Greenwich, as well as Knight of the Garter) before his marriage to Princess Elizabeth. Queen Elizabeth created him Prince of the United Kingdom in 1957.</nitpick> But you're right - if King Charles thinks the public will accept Queen Camilla, that's what will happen, regardless of current talk about Princess Consort. It may even be necessary to enact legislation to stop her being queen, since it's supposed to happen automatically once her husband becomes king.

sara1981 said:
are you out of mind! what im talking about my posts! that totally out of order!

Mind your language, please.

Camilla is not going become Queen! you know she understand why she cant become Queen following popular Princess of Wales in 1997.

She'll become Queen if the King and government think it can be done without a damaging reaction by the public. If not, she'll be Princess Consort. By the time Charles becomes king - assuming it's 10 years down the line or so - Diana will be just another historical character to most people in the UK. I've heard a lot of people say that their children and teens already don't really care about Diana; they're too young to remember her properly.

Obviously Camilla won't be known as Princess of Wales, although it'll be one of her titles as the wife of the Prince of Wales. They wouldn't be so insensitive as to give her the title which Diana was known by. But Diana was never queen, so there's no issue with Camilla taking over a title that was associated with Diana.

coach1286 said:
Here is a great picture of the ring from CNN....

charles gave her a favorite ring of the queen mum

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm not british, and I'm sure most of you are not british too. So, the Brisitish people are the ones who has to speak and tell what they wish: if they want Camilla for Queen or not.

I read some messages like "She will be Queen because she deservs it" or "She will be Queen because she will be the wife of the next King", etc... But you are forgeting something: Camilla will Never be Queen because Charles will never be King.

Bristish people prefer William, and in my opinon the Queen prefers him too.

I also noted that some of the members are angry or annoyed with other member that don't like Camilla. But some of the members who are pretending now to show how human and kind they are (to a woman that, in my opinion, is very guilty of causing unhappiness to other who already died) are the same who don't like Marie Chantal Miller, just because she is daughter of a rich man...

I don't like Camilla, many persons from this forum don't like too and we have the same right to think whatever we wanted. There's no need to call us, indirectly, not humans, etc.

Regina said:
I'm not british, and I'm sure most of you are not british too. So, the Brisitish people are the ones who has to speak and tell what they wish: if they want Camilla for Queen or not.

I read some messages like "She will be Queen because she deservs it" or "She will be Queen because she will be the wife of the next King", etc... But you are forgeting something: Camilla will Never be Queen because Charles will never be King.

I also noted that some of the members are angry or annoyed with other member that don't like Camilla. But some of the members who are pretending now to show how human and kind they are (to a woman that, in my opinion, is very guilty of causing unhappiness to other who already died) are the same who don't like Marie Chantal Miller, just because she is daughter of a rich man...

I don't like Camilla, many persons from this forum don't like too and we have the same right to think whatever we wanted. There's no need to call us, indirectly, not humans, etc.

why would you assume that members who write something human and kind are "pretending". this must be a reflection of the way you think and not on the way other people are.

and I do not understand what camilla and MC have in common (not much, if anything)

Regina said:
... There's no need to call us, indirectly, not humans, etc.

Where does this come from?

I never said anyone was "not human" ... just rude for focusing on Camilla's looks!:)

Regina said:

I'm British, and I have no problem at all with Camilla being queen. If she's married to the king, she should be queen.

And how do you know this?

Again, how do you know who the Queen prefers? And why do you think it'll make any difference? Once the precedent is set of being able to skip over heirs who aren't as popular as other royals, we might as well ditch the monarchy and have a republic with an elected president. Either the monarch is hereditary or you have a popularity contest for the position, in which case you have a republic. Effectively having elections in which the most charismatic, good-looking or sexy royal gets the job will make a mockery of the whole concept of monarchy.

I also noted that some of the members are angry or annoyed with other member that don't like Camilla...

You have the right to think what you like and to make your dislike for Mrs Parker Bowles clear. On this forum nobody has the right to start being hurtful, insulting, aggressive, or demeaning toward the royals or toward other posters. You'll probably have noticed how some of the anti-Camilla people have been making some very nasty personal remarks about her, which are in violation of board rules and are a problem because a response in kind would also break board rules. There's no need for conversations to turn into slanging matches or hate-fests; it's perfectly possible to make one's point of view clear without descending to those depths.

Camilla versus Diana!!!!

I'm not British,but I'm absolutely astonished with this marriage!!!!Has the British People so quickly forgotten their Queen of Hears???? I still remember Diana's Funeral...I'm Portuguese but I'm not ashamed to confess how I cried during those days"!!!!!Diana's was choosed and used in cold blood for thoe two(Charles and Camilla) to become a real Belly ,just to produce two male heirs!!!She Was very young and was USED by those two,Used and then Thrown to the Garbage Bin!!!Where is your Feminine solidarity???:mad: Answer me please!!!!! And now Camilla Takes the Prize!Marry the Future King!!!!How UNFAIR life is!!!!!I've seen in Sky news that more than 60% disaproves the fact that Charles become King!!!!

Sorry about my English..but I expect that you can understand my Viewpoint! This is Shameful!"!!!!

I remember reading somewhere that Diana predicted she would never be Queen and Charles would never be King..her predictions could come true. She's dead and Charles may never be King...Time will tell.

There is an interesting saying in Sotho:

"When you are thinking of making your mistress your wife, you must remember that you have to find a new mistress"

Congratulations to the both of them! It's good to hear that despite all the obvious bad press that's going to come with this (because people are too immature to realize that they have no place in other people's lives (even if they are a Prince or future King)) and they are doing what is right for them and what they want. Kudos.

As for the Church issue, if the Archbishop has okay'd it, then who are we to argue? Besides Princess Anne is a divorcee and she didn't lose her rights to the throne.

Claire said:
There is an interesting saying in Sotho:

"When you are thinking of making your mistress your wife, you must remember that you have to find a new mistress"

:D :D I would like to see that... :D

Here is a link to an article entitled 'Princes still hurting'. It is my last post in the PHarry thread: http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4731&page=2

BUt I have to say that I think the best retribution is that Charles does not become king. He has compromised his duty and the institution of the monarchy. He should not be king. What comes around goes around. I am a strong believer that the Queen will hang in there for a while and that William will supercede his father to become king.

Batatinha said:
I'm not British,but I'm absolutely astonished with this marriage!!!!Has the British People so quickly forgotten their Queen of Hears???? I still remember Diana's Funeral...I'm Portuguese but I'm not ashamed to confess how I cried during those days"!!!!!Diana's was choosed and used in cold blood for thoe two(Charles and Camilla) to become a real Belly ,just to produce two male heirs!!!She Was very young and was USED by those two,Used and then Thrown to the Garbage Bin!!!Where is your Feminine solidarity???:mad: Answer me please!!!!! And now Camilla Takes the Prize!Marry the Future King!!!!How UNFAIR life is!!!!!I've seen in Sky news that more than 60% disaproves the fact that Charles become King!!!!

Sorry about my English..but I expect that you can understand my Viewpoint! This is Shameful!"!!!!

PERFECT. I agree with that. all decent women should support Diana's memory

Batatinha said:

It is not that anyone has forgotten Diana, but after almost 8 yrs of her being dead, it is time to move on. Charles, no matter what you think about him, deserves the right to be happy. She is not going to be called Princess of Wales, she will not be called Queen. I think that is accomodating enough to all parties. I know monarchy is about sacrificing yourself for your people, but just because you are royal does not mean you must live a miserable life because you can't marry your true love. On the poll, there have been so many different polls with so many different results that I wouldn't follow every poll you read.

A.C.C. said:
Charles, no matter what you think about him, deserves the right to be happy.
mmm charles deserves to be happy???????how?how can this be possible when he's deprived his beautiful,innocence wife from happiness and also his sons from a happy childhood?

i can honestly tell everyone i dislike camilla and i think she is the most hideous looking princess-to-be. but with all due respect, i think royals are human beings too. just because most if not all of them are set up on a pedestal, doesnt mean they should be hampered from being happy. im glad camilla will NEVER be queen nor will she ever be princess of wales. she will, in history, go down as the mistress of charles who became his wife. a princess by title, but in no way deserving of that kind of privilege that is accorded to other princesses or royal family members. although she has professed her undying love to the man who wished to be reincarnated as her tampon, she still does not merit being given the title of queen.
i may be contradicting myself here because i will always love diana and will always think of her as the rightful queen of england one day, BUT she has passed on so we move on as wel, and charles has every right to move on.
this is a welcoming change to the dogmatic traditions of british royals, as the monarch has become accepting of such decision-- after all, he IS her son. enough damage had already been done to him when he was a child, so this is Mum's way of making up for everything, a sort of mea culpa.
lets just welcome the change. and if ever these two lovebirds separate after marriage, well... thats a topic for another thread :) good luck to the two old farts who are as giddy as teenagers in love :))

A.C.C. said:
just because you are royal does not mean you must live a miserable life

ACC, he made Diana's life miserable... and Camilla helped him a lot... Yeah, they can marry but he NEVER will be King, neeeeever!

Let them be happy...

Charles and Camilla's love affair has been going on for over 30 yrs... just leave them alone!! is time for them to be happy...

I don't know why everyone is dogging Camilla...she is not going to be POW so people need to get over it...

Q

Daina was no angel

aninhas said:
ACC, he made Diana's life miserable... and Camilla helped him a lot... Yeah, they can marry but he NEVER will be King, neeeeever!

Diana was no angel either.... don't lay the blame on Charles and Camilla alone...

Q

aninhas said:

Diana had a sad life before Charles even came into the picture, she came from a broken home, her mother ran out, etc, and I am not saying that Charles did not do things to hurt her, but what I am saying is that all the things that have happened can not be changed, and she has been dead for almost 8 yrs. I think everyone deserves the right to be happy. Charles wasn't and isn't perfect, but Diana wasn't a saint either. And as it stands now, if Charles outlives his mother, he will be king.

Queens said:
Charles and Camilla's love affair has been going on for over 30 yrs... just leave them alone!! is time for them to be happy...

I don't know why everyone is dogging Camilla...she is not going to be POW so people need to get over it...

Q
Never said never. Didn't they say they would never marry.

members,
please try to stay calm and respect the forum guidelines!
and it is really not necessary to write messages in bold writing.
If you don't have nothing nice to say, it is sometimes better not to say nothing at all (my personal opinion)

Martine

Zina said:
I remember reading somewhere that Diana predicted she would never be Queen and Charles would never be King..her predictions could come true. She's dead and Charles may never be King...Time will tell.

I feel the same way too. Charles will never be king. I think his payback is for him to predecease his mother. Who knows what the next year or few years hold? Maybe his marrying Camilla will be a huge payback for him; maybe Harry's problem's are payback for him too. Charles has caused much grief to his parents. Whenever you shame your parents, there is huge payback waiting later in life.

To me Prince Charles is the one to blame not Camilla. He's the one who broke the hearts of 2 women and Camilla's was first. He was the one who wasn't ready to marry years ago when they were young. She went on with her life and can't help she was in love with him. Love is love! Then the lovely Diana also fell in love with this man. He's the one who holds the responsibility for the lack of care toward the love these women have for him. Shame on you Charles.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom