The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 03-27-2005, 02:37 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piewi
I found it!!!!!!!!!From CNN
LONDON, England (AP) -- A high-ranking Church of England official has called for Prince Charles to apologize to the ex-husband of his fiancee Camilla Parker Bowles, a newspaper reported Sunday.

Bishop David Stancliffe said church rules dictated Prince Charles must atone for committing adultery and he should apologize to Andrew Parker Bowles for breaking up his marriage, The Sunday Times newspaper said.

Stancliffe, a church authority on rules of worship, said the apology should come before the April 8 wedding and should include "making good of any hurts, the restoration of relationships and serious attention being paid to the relationships fractured or damaged by misconduct."

He did not say whether he thought the apology should be in person, by letter or by other means.

A spokesman for Charles' office would not comment on the issue.

Prince Charles and Camilla Parker Bowles will be married in a civil ceremony in the town hall at Windsor, west of London, followed by a service of prayer and dedication at Windsor castle's chapel.

It is unprecedented for an heir to the throne to marry outside of a church, but the Church of England -- of which Charles will be supreme governor when he is king -- has qualms about remarriage for divorcees.

The forthcoming marriage has upset some members of the church -- which traditionally frowns on church remarriages for divorcees.

Camilla Parker Bowles, who was widely blamed in Britain's tabloid press for the breakdown of Charles' marriage to Princess Diana, divorced army officer Andrew Parker Bowles in 1995.

Their divorce came after Charles admitted in a TV documentary in 1994 that he had strayed from his marriage vows, but insisted infidelity happened only after the marriage was "irretrievably broken down, us having both tried." It was widely assumed, but never confirmed, that Parker Bowles was the other woman.

Prince Charles divorced Princess Diana in 1996, a year before she was killed in a car crash.
yeah i read in articles somewhere im not sure but he did apology to Camilla's ex-husband for what Charles done of affairs for more over 30 years of companion and mistress,affairs.

Sara Boyce

Old 03-27-2005, 03:02 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piewi
I found it!!!!!!!!!From CNN
LONDON, England (AP) -- A high-ranking Church of England official has called for Prince Charles to apologize to the ex-husband of his fiancee Camilla Parker Bowles, a newspaper reported Sunday.

Bishop David Stancliffe said church rules dictated Prince Charles must atone for committing adultery and he should apologize to Andrew Parker Bowles for breaking up his marriage, The Sunday Times newspaper said.

Stancliffe, a church authority on rules of worship, said the apology should come before the April 8 wedding and should include "making good of any hurts, the restoration of relationships and serious attention being paid to the relationships fractured or damaged by misconduct."

He did not say whether he thought the apology should be in person, by letter or by other means.
Does that mean that Camilla should pay a visit to Althorp and make a graveside apology to Diana too? Or do the next best thing and apologize to William and Harry or Diana's siblings?

How ridiculous is this story! (Not that you posted it Piewi.) The story itself I mean.

Old 03-27-2005, 04:46 PM
Imperial Majesty

Perhaps the Bishop has missed the fact that the wedding is a civil ceremony, not a church one. And that if the Archbishop of Canterbury is prepared to officiate at the service of prayer and dedication, it's a waste of time for bishops to be making demands about church rules and regulations.
Old 03-27-2005, 05:22 PM
Royal Highness

I completely agree with the Bishop and I understand his perspective on things I actually think that several people including the general public should be apologized to.I wonder if Charles has seen a bishop or someone else for atonement of his sins. His most important(should he ever give one) apology is to God...
Old 03-27-2005, 05:39 PM
Courtier

I find the idea of "apologize to the ex-husband of his fiancée Camilla Parker Bowles" ridicolous.
Old 03-27-2005, 06:27 PM
Heir Apparent

I'd think that any apologizing that needs to be done, should be left to the parties in question and done privately as they deem it right. I really don't see why it should be an issue to the public at all. If the bishop in question thinks that apologies are in order, then he should direct his request to Prince Charles privately and not through the media.

And how does he know if they haven't already done it?
Old 03-27-2005, 06:36 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Brunei, Malaysia & Dubai

Quote:
Originally Posted by timtonruben359
It was announced by Rideau Hall a few days back and reported on CBC and CTV. I think most of the Queen's Governor General's will be attending, but I am not sure.
oh ok thanx for clarifying that.
I've been watching the news regularly and found it odd that they had various news reports about the wedding on both the CBC and CTV but never mentioned AC was attending. I guess they mentioned it once or twice and I must've missed it. Nice of the Queen to invite her Governors General
Old 03-27-2005, 06:37 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by norwegianne
I'd think that any apologizing that needs to be done, should be left to the parties in question and done privately as they deem it right. I really don't see why it should be an issue to the public at all. If the bishop in question thinks that apologies are in order, then he should direct his request to Prince Charles privately and not through the media.

And how does he know if they haven't already done it?
Very well said norwegianne. I completely agree that this is a private matter between the parties involved and not other public institutions, such as the Church of England or the government or whatever.

And if you're going to sanction that apologies need to be made, shouldn't it be Camilla who apologizes to her ex-husband? I believe in whole heartedly the notion that Camilla made marital vows to her husband and that if apologies need to be made for that marriage ending, it should be Camilla first, just as Charles should apologize to Diana (if she were alive) for their marriage ending before Camilla should apologize for it.
Old 03-27-2005, 06:40 PM
Super Moderator

Just a reminder to all the Canadians out there, at least those who are interested. The royal documentaries I mentioned before on Camilla and William/Harry will be airing tonight on CBC Newsworld. I posted all the schedules on page 40.
Old 03-27-2005, 08:18 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Genevieve
Does that mean that Camilla should pay a visit to Althorp and make a graveside apology to Diana too? Or do the next best thing and apologize to William and Harry or Diana's siblings?

How ridiculous is this story! (Not that you posted it Piewi.) The story itself I mean.
i dont think so!

Camilla wouldnt getting apology to Princess Diana's siblings for what she really done to late Princess Diana but Diana really gone! but her brother knew everythings about Princess Diana of articles.

but her brother cant intives Prince Charles visit Princess Diana follow of divorces and after funerals but i understand why he needs to protect of Diana but her brother accept William visit his mum's grave on her 40th birthday but her brother dont think Camilla would welcome!

Sara Boyce
Old 03-27-2005, 08:25 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~*~Humera~*~
Just a reminder to all the Canadians out there, at least those who are interested. The royal documentaries I mentioned before on Camilla and William/Harry will be airing tonight on CBC Newsworld. I posted all the schedules on page 40.
the time is eastern time rite? i think it's 7pm pacific for the camilia one...then 8pm pacific for william and harry one...rite?
Old 03-27-2005, 08:29 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by sara1981
i dont think so!

Camilla wouldnt getting apology to Princess Diana's siblings for what she really done to late Princess Diana but Diana really gone!
With Diana dead there is no one to apologize to. If I recall correctly for if APB had died Charles and Camilla have a traditional church ceremony as they are both widows/widower.

Nevertheless, there is something inherently "wrong" with receiving a religious blessing with the woman you committed adultery with..
Old 03-28-2005, 03:21 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Nevertheless, there is something inherently "wrong" with receiving a religious blessing with the woman you committed adultery with..
I've always thought that the Church of England's refusal to remarry divorcees with a previous spouse living but to allow the couple to have a service of prayer and dedication, which is usually referred to informally as a service of blessing, after a civil ceremony is hypocritical. But that's the way it's been done for years, so there's nothing unusual going on in this case.
Old 03-28-2005, 06:39 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigheadshirmp
the time is eastern time rite? i think it's 7pm pacific for the camilia one...then 8pm pacific for william and harry one...rite?
It is eastern time yes. I hope you got to see the docs. If not, Im sure they'll repeat them. The Prince Harry documentary is on tonight (Monday), 10 pm eastern.

btw. The one about Camilla was very interesting. It mentioned the whole controversy behind the van Cutsem wedding. I found it all very silly. Camilla, apparently, basically runs Charles' private life, controls his staff etc and he pays for most of her expenses and buys her expensive jewels. According to the documentary, the Queen will never really accept Camilla. They're likely to remain very distant even after the wedding. And Prince Harry resents Camilla for stepping into his mum's shoes. William and Harry dont really get along with Camilla's kids either and at one point her son was considered quite a bad influence on Harry.
They also showed some pictures of Charles and Camilla's vacation to Turkey in 1989. I'd never seen those before. All I can say is Im surprised Diana put up with it for so long.
Old 03-28-2005, 08:20 PM
Heir Presumptive

So what your saying is that Camilla has Charles whipped. That seems very likely.
Old 03-28-2005, 08:29 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~*~Humera~*~
It is eastern time yes. I hope you got to see the docs. If not, Im sure they'll repeat them. The Prince Harry documentary is on tonight (Monday), 10 pm eastern.

btw. The one about Camilla was very interesting. It mentioned the whole controversy behind the van Cutsem wedding. I found it all very silly. Camilla, apparently, basically runs Charles' private life, controls his staff etc and he pays for most of her expenses and buys her expensive jewels. According to the documentary, the Queen will never really accept Camilla. They're likely to remain very distant even after the wedding. And Prince Harry resents Camilla for stepping into his mum's shoes. William and Harry dont really get along with Camilla's kids either and at one point her son was considered quite a bad influence on Harry.
They also showed some pictures of Charles and Camilla's vacation to Turkey in 1989. I'd never seen those before. All I can say is Im surprised Diana put up with it for so long.
yes...i watched that too...i was very suprised that Charles and Camilia went on vacation to Turkey in 1989 when Charles' still married with Diana....and got photographed!!!!!! the documentary also said that Camilia always go to Charles' and Diana's house in someplace other than Kensington palace.....the documentary also said that Camilia help Charles to choose the "correct bride that would be accepted by the queen" for CHarles....so basically Camilia was the one who created a miserable life for Diana knowing that CHarles still like her ....the documentary also noted that Charles' uses his hobbie "hunting" to get closer with Camilia who share the same hobbie or something like that...
Old 03-28-2005, 10:19 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigheadshirmp
palace.....the documentary also said that Camilia help Charles to choose the "correct bride that would be accepted by the queen" for CHarles....so basically Camilia was the one who created a miserable life for Diana knowing that CHarles still like her .
You cannot blame just Camilla! Charles should have had the backbone to refuse. Also there were more machinations coming from a couple of meddling grannies in the Queen Mother & Lady Fermoy. The Spencers were certainly not going to let a second opportunity to marry a Prince of Wales slip through their fingers.
Old 03-29-2005, 01:45 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Genevieve

There are many people Camilla needs to apologize to. While Diana is no longer with us, She should apologize to Diana's Children, the Queen, her children, her ex-husband, and the nation at large for her considerable part in a horrid affair.

Charles and Camilla should also have a prayer of repentence in their wedding blessing also.
Old 03-29-2005, 02:19 AM
Imperial Majesty

The service of prayer and dedication is going to be conducted by the Archbishop of Canterbury. If he thinks that the format and contents are suitable, that's all that matters. There are a lot of people with some measure of responsibility for the miserable situation that developed in the 1980s and 1990s, and some of those people are no longer around. It's to be hoped that the people concerned have accepted their responsibility and done what they could to make the best of things.
Old 03-29-2005, 02:23 AM
Heir Apparent

I 've heard that Andrew used to "welcome" Prince Charles go on date with Camilla(I do not know is it true).But also Andrew already divorced Camilla.So if need apologising,i think both Camilla and Charles should apologise in front of Diana's tomb,William,Harry, Diana's family,The Queen and especially in front of the British because of what things they did.

God save Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II
Closed Thread

Tags
camilla, camilla parker bowles, duchess of cornwall, engagement, prince charles, prince of wales