Charles and Camilla to Marry: February 10, 2005

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
:eek: i am so shock, stunned, surprise and speechless. i wonder how his sons feel? just think, this women help break up their parent's marriage

Yeah, I think Charles is kinda old news anyway. I don't think "HRH the Princess Consort" Camilla won't go over very well either. I know being king is really important to Charles, but I think when he remarries outside of the church that he might one day represent, then this is an indication that he needs to politely step aside in favor of William.

I guess if it makes all those involved happy I might as well wish them good luck. You only live so long and happiness is so hard to come by. I though find it still hard to forgive Camilla and Charles for hurting Diana. But, if Prince William and Prince Harry give their approval then that is all that matters.

Elspeth said:
The Church of England has relaxed its rules somewhat in recent years and is now prepared to marry divorcees if it's clear the previous marriage was beyond repair and if the new spouse wasn't involved in wrecking the first marriage of the divorced party. In this case, since Charles clearly was a factor in the breakup of Camilla's marriage, I don't know how they're rationalising it.

This is what the Church of England says about marriage of divorcees in church:

http://www.cofe.anglican.org/info/papers/mcad/

O, I didn´t see this. Thanks for the update. Well, still it´s ironic. My congratulations once again to the Prince and Princess of Wales(She will be legally the Princess of Wales and he is known as the Duke of Cornwall but who really calls him the Duke of Cornwall anyway? Usage and legality is the difference so I think I´ll call her the Princess of Wales since that will be her legal name).

Last edited:
Sorry my ignorance, but isn't Phillip, Queen Elisabeth's husband, Prince Consort anyway?

I didn't think Philip is a Prince Consort, just a regular prince.

King Charles, doesnt sound very good to me.

I have read that if/when Charles takes the throne he will take one of his secondary names since throughout history all the King Charles' have had bad luck. Not like Charles himself has lead a lucky adult life.

He had to marry someone with royal blood but Camilla was and is very much commoner.

I don't think this is quite true. I think he could have married her, but he went off to have a naval career instead. When he returned Camilla was already married to APB. They were much stricter about royals marrying divorcees back then.

Didnt they give any reason why she wouldnt be called princess of wales and later queen camilla?

I would assume it's because of public opinion.

Well, I guess good for them. As long as William and Harry are OK with it, we should be too. I think it's very tasteful that Camilla will not be Princess of Wales or Queen.

Last edited:
My congratulations to prince Charles and his fiancee ...i read that the divorcees will marry in a civil ceremony and not in the Church of England, that Parker Bowles will be called Her Royal Highness the Duchess of Cornwall after the marriage, and that she will be known as the princess consort, not the queen, when Charles becomes king. i think that's a good thing and aslo 75 % of people of england desaproved this union !!

Binky said:

I have read that if/when Charles takes the throne he will take one of his secondary names since throughout history all the King Charles' have had bad luck. Not like Charles himself has lead a lucky adult life.

I read that he intended to take the name George as king, to honour his grandfather.

She is legally the princess of wales, but will not be called so. This bothers me.

But anyway...I think that it is right for them to get married and to not live in sin anymore.

However seeing the recent news on how Harry feels about Camilla...I am quite concerned about him and William, but moreso Harry. Like it was said earlier and what I have been thinking about-maybe what Harry has been doing lately is an indication of how he feels about the marriage. Poor boys and Poor QEII.

I am happy that they will marry, the situation was not right for the long term.

the thought that because camilla was divorced and her former husband was still alive the marriage was sensitive seemed a bit depressing.
So another person who will be very happy for his former wife is Mr. Parker Bowles,
his being alive is not a hindrance to anything.

wonder what she will wear and who will design it,
wild guess: cream coloured dress or suit without frills but feminine......

Anyway, good decision to take up George. Kings named Charles in the past have not had calm and good reigns. Don´t want to have the fate of Charles I, that´s for sure.

Very very true...even as prince he has not had much luck

ANyway I wonder what james has to say about this. I always look forward to his analysis on the BRF

Press Confrence

Will they be taking questions from the press anytime soon?

Oh dear, their engagement picture is not very clever on the websit of the royals

if she had only removed her leather gloves, it looks as if she is set to give a punch and knock anyone who objects KO
[FONT=Times New Roman,Times][FONT=Times New Roman,Times][/FONT]

[/FONT]

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok so Diana had to give up her HRH status so Camilla could gain it. Life is a ...

Congratulations and good luck to the happy couple.

My worry is mainly Wills and Harry. But, I'm sure that Charles would not have asked Camilla to marry him if his sons didn't approve.

Also, this is kind of sudden, isn't it? Sudden as in I don't think anyone knew that they had planned to get engaged....

Lollies!
-Kara-

Also here is a link to the BBC. We can see the special program online. Go here and push "Watch BBC news in video". However I don't think it will come on until 1900 GMT or 2:00 EST

Let me start by saying that I sincerely wish the couple the best for their future together.

However I cannot say that I am thrilled about their marriage. Charles, Camilla, and Diana superbly played their parts in embarrassing themselves and the monarchy with their selfish and self-centered behavior.

In many ways it seems as their marriage is like rewarding bad behavior.They certainly deserve each other.:eek:

I was shocked when I heard,i thought my brother was joking...oh well,these days we have to expect everything,lol

Prince Charles to Marry Camilla

I was a bit surprised to hear the announcement this morning, and I felt a little sad because I really admired Diana, but on the other hand, I am glad that they're finally making it official, and I think Prince Charles was right in his choice of titles for Camilla.

In order not to think of all this in a negative way, I'd better just think of it the way my coworker did when I told her. Her first reaction to the engagement was, "hilarious."

I really do hope that their marriage works out. It would've been nice if they had been allowed to marry back then, then there wouldn't have been all this heartbreak with Diana. It seems like they would stay together til the end. My best wishes to them, and I hope Camilla does accord Diana all the proper respect due her.

It's nice though they have been nin love for a very long time...wow,they got married umm after 30 years or so? thats Romantic as a story apart from how sorry we feel as it was never ment for Lady Di' to be happy ...

that BULL!

Camilla cant become Queen of England nor become Princess of Wales William told her because Camilla cant took Princess of Wales by his mother's titles how dares!

Sara Boyce

Does anyone else thinks that it's because of Charles and Camilla 's wedding that the announcements of Lady Zara Philips and Lady Gabriella Windsor's engagements hasn't been made yet:D ?

I would agree with all posts!

Camilla cant become Queen of England nor become Princess of Wales follow famous Princess Diana because Diana have took it! Diana still knew as Diana,Princess of Wales but Camilla need have create as titles but that okay duchess of cornwall or whatever many people wanted knew about late Princess Diana of Wales but Camilla cant took Diana's titles Prince William told Camilla about it!

but im really admire Prince Charles when i met him at Prince's trust in Nov.2002 but i not really BIG fans of Camilla but i really admire of Princess Diana but i never met Princess Diana before.

Sara Boyce

GrandDuchess said:
Congratulations to the happy couple!

I thought this would come sooner or later, but I must say that I'm a bit "in shock" on how soon the announcement came. April is very near in time indeed. But I'm glad it's set now and that we can all move on.

I must say that I find the title arrangements very satisfactory too. Mrs. Parker Bowles taking on the title HRH The Duchess of Cornwall after their marriage, and then when The Prince of Wales acceeds the Throne - she will be HRH The Princess Consort, very well thought.

Agreed, GrandDuchess

As I have said earlier, I am indifferent to their marriage. However, I think it is very logical that she doesn't use the title Princess of Wales since it is so connected to the Diana icon. Even if the Prince of Wales were marrying someone else, it is wise not to use the POW title.

I think the title Princess of Wales is mostly connected to Diana, because there are very few who actually remember another person carrying it. Before her the last Princess of Wales was Princess Mary, later Queen Mary. As King George and Queen Mary's son, Edward, wasn't married, the title went out of use when they ascended to the throne. That is, admittedly, quite a while back, and the gap from 1910 to 1981 blurs memories.

I think the inquiry into the Prince's finances, particularly those related to Camilla was the prompt for this wedding announcement. A marraige would make Camilla "official" and thereby exempt from any future inquiries because she would now be a spouse.

Ennyllorac said:
As I have said earlier, I am indifferent to their marriage. However, I think it is very logical that she doesn't use the title Princess of Wales since it is so connected to the Diana icon. Even if the Prince of Wales were marrying someone else, it is wise not to use the POW title.

I agree with you completely. I think to many people, Diana IS the Princess of Wales. For Camilla to take on the same title would just be too much for most people, myself included. I am very glad they are not taking that step. I think it's very smart and somewhat respectful of them.

I'm not exactly surprised, but I don't feel congratulatory about it either. I don't mean to be a kill-joy, but Camilla will always have a negative taste in my mouth. I know that Diana is dead, but it's hard not to look at Camilla and say 'you helped wreak someone else's marriage'. Congratulations Charles, you finally get to marry your mistress.

Now I'm confused. Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't it at least frowned upon by the Church of England to have two divorcees marry, especially since one was a factor in the collapse of a marriage AND if one or both of their former spouses are still alive? I thought as king, Charles was going to be the defender of the faith, not the hypocritical representative of it.

Reina said:
However seeing the recent news on how Harry feels about Camilla...
I've not heard of this news,i mean about harry thinks of Camilla,would you please tell me whats it about?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom