Charles and Camilla to Marry: February 10, 2005

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Elspeth said:
Sara, we'll just have to wait and see what Camilla's title will be when Charles becomes king or whether there's some legislation passed in the current reign to allow for the possibility of a king's wife not becoming queen.

In the meantime, there's nothing we can do to affect things one way or the other, so there's no point getting worked up about it.

it would seem strange to me if they changed the law in order to accomadate this particular situation and it also would imply that camilla is not good enough. On the panaroma program all the interviewd layers said that once charles becomens king camilla will be queen. that is the system.

Elspeth said:
I've seen reports saying that Camilla didn't want to get married but was persuaded that it would be better for the image of the royal family if she did, so that Charles wouldn't become king with a long-term mistress.

i read that also somewhere.

The independent on sunday wrote that the reason they are getting married now is because of P.Harry. That is father is worried about his wayward ways and that P.Harry needs some stability

Elspeth said:
Sara, we'll just have to wait and see what Camilla's title will be when Charles becomes king or whether there's some legislation passed in the current reign to allow for the possibility of a king's wife not becoming queen.

apparently Charles wants camilla to be queen, one of the headlines of yesterday's newspapers was saying that charles is going to work on making camilla queen

Last edited by a moderator:
HMQueenElizabethII said:
Not only because of her hair.She does not have enough personality to become The Queen..
Let's get past Camilla's hair for the moment.

Those who know her (and the general public certainly don't) say she has an engaging personality, a great sense of humour, and is a caring person.

Give her a chance; you may be pleasantly surprised. It's not as if Camilla herself wouldn't be aware of what she is up against, and of the unflattering comparisons which will inevitably be made with the late Diana. Not everyone is going to look fabulous in a frock. How superficial are we?

The reality is that the Heir to the Throne will be marrying Camilla.
All true supporters of the Monarchy will surely wish them well.

Warren said:
Let's get past Camilla's hair for the moment...

... All true supporters of the Monarchy will surely wish them well.

Good points well made Warren!

I am interested to know... is the passionate dislike and debate about Camilla beacuse people think:

a) We care about the Monarchy and must not let its reputation be damaged at any cost. The implications that Camilla bring with her might tarnish and damage the Monarchy.

b) Camilla doesn't look so pretty in the diamond tiras, the designer dresses, her hair style is dated, she wears wellington boots and a mac and doesnt look so stunning on the cover of Vouge like her predecessor.

c) Camilla is in leauge with the devil and has some evil intent to destroy marriages and love in some fiendish attempt to become Queen of England.

d) She isn't Diana and Diana was the only woman we wanted Charles to be with and we would never have liked Camilla even if Charles married her first.

f) She is an adulteress and no adulteress should re-marry.

g) She was Diana's nemessis and we love Diana and so dislike Camilla on principle.

h) We have no objective opinions of Camilla based on first hand information and beleive all we are told about her by the tabloid press and Diana's panorma interview.

Last edited:
to those who say that charles is a good father I'd say that dont forget he went off to theatre the night William was in hospital,what sort of father is he?????????

cute_girl said:
to those who say that charles is a good father I'd say that dont forget he went off to theatre the night William was in hospital,what sort of father is he?????????

when was this cute girl?

I dont think anyone can accuse P.Charles of being a bad father, from all the pics and video of him and his children, they look very relaxed and happy together.

cut1me said:
in one of the newspapers im sorry i cant remenber which one, they said the ring was worth £1/2 million

wonder how they know that, royal jewels are probably not insured because they are "priceless" so I can't see anyone taxating them

Warren said:
QUOTE: "to those who say that Charles is a good father I'd say that dont forget he went off to theatre the night William was in hospital,what sort of father is he?????????"
If you really need an answer to that question then just look at the body language between Charles-William-Harry in the published photographs.

I would have thought we had got beyond this sort of invective by now.
what else do could they say????do you think members of a family will let you know that they're not satisfied with each other?

cut1me said:
when was this cute girl?
it was 1991 when william had a serious accident in school and was admitted in hospital,the same night Charles went to theatre and Diana stood awake all night in hospital

you can read about it in http://www.princeofwales.gov.uk/princes/william/william_index.html
On June 3, 1991, Prince William was admitted to the Royal Berkshire Hospital, Reading, after an accident at Ludgrove. Playing with a friend on the putting green, he was hit on the side of the head with a golf club. He suffered a depressed fracture of the forehead but was not knocked out.
Prince William was transferred by ambulance to London's Great Ormond Street Hospital for Sick Children and that evening underwent an operation.

cute_girl said:
it was 1991 when william had a serious accident in school and was admitted in hospital,the same night Charles went to theatre and Diana stood awake all night in hospital

What was the ocassion Charles was attending? If I remember correctly it was not just a fun night at the theatre but a charity event to which he had given acceptance many months before. Whilst it may be difficult for those of us with NORMAL lives to understand the diaries of the royal family are booked up many months ahead and, especially if the ocassion is for a charity, they would not pull out of a function. Diana remained with William (and gained good publicity mileage out of it) and Charles attended the function to which he was committed.

I'm sure the doctors would have preferred that Diana got lost too and left them to do their jobs, without the deference they would have had to show while she were present, and let William rest.

cute_girl said:

It was one isolated incident. No person and certainly no parent is perfect. Everybody slips up now and then, even the best of us.

And as wymanda has pointed out, duties and engagements and serving your country are the first priority for royals, sometimes even at the expense of your own family. Charles' own mother, the Queen is testament to this. He probably figured on this occasion that William having his mother there was enough and would join them in the hospital after the concert.

Even by Diana's own words, Charles has always been a good father. She acknowledged so on numerous occasions. And if the boys own mother says that their father (her ex-husband) was a good father who is anyone else to say that he isn't?

Yes, I remember that one in 1991 Princes Charles went to to see play if I remember... He said He trust the doctors take of his son. what he said. I am glad Diana stayed with him overnight...

Karla64

off topic

wymanda said:
I'm sure the doctors would have preferred that Diana got lost too and left them to do their jobs, without the deference they would have had to show while she were present, and let William rest.
dont be sure unless you're not a doctor,i'm a medical student and i've never felt like that through the patient's family and friends,i know they may ask so many questions and have concerns about the patient's health but it's nothing to do with our job...we're always trying to understand them
whatever charles had to do that night cant be an excuse why he didnt stay with his son and Diana didnt do this to show off herself it's what every mother does

Last edited:
I don't think that Charles was a good father for William and Harry. A good father don't make the mother os his sons suffer so much. A good father stays with his children in the hospital when they are sick. And a good father doesn't marry with a woman who didn't care about his sons's suffer.
I'm not judge Camilla and Charles behaviour, but my opinion about him is that he is very, very far from being a good father. Everyday I can see close to me Good Dads, but they are never subject of news because they are anonymous persons, but I can garantee that they are very different from Charles... Thank God!!!

Regina said:
I don't think that Charles was a good father for William and Harry. A good father don't make the mother os his sons suffer so much. A good father stays with his children in the hospital when they are sick. And a good father doesn't marry with a woman who didn't care about his sons's suffer.
I'm not judge Camilla and Charles behaviour, but my opinion about him is that he is very, very far from being a good father. Everyday I can see close to me Good Dads, but they are never subject of news because they are anonymous persons, but I can garantee that they are very different from Charles... Thank God!!!

well you are a very lucky girl than (and a bit judgemental, even though your say you are not).

william looks to me like someone who was loved as a child and a very well adjusted adult.

Yes, Susan_Alicia, Thank God I'm very lucky, that's why I understand what Real Love means. :)

Well since my parents divorced, due to similar circumstances, in over ten years my farther has never taken me on holiday, he didnt visit me at all in hospital when I was ill, he lived 20 minutes away and yet i perhaps sore him once a month... sadley for me, Charles certainly has out run my dad on the way to the Farther of the Year awards! :(

Its all quite subjective, what is a good parent? Charles didnt tell the world what a horrible wife he had on TV, he didnt holiday with the boys and Camilla when they were young, unlike Diana who took them cruising with other people such a Dodi, he seems to have always ensured the time he has with his children is absolute and has guided them in times of difficulty and how many men bring home the body of their ex wife? His provided a home for the boys, okay they may have to share it with Camilla but his not the only single parent to move their partner into the family home.

As Diana discoverd, life isnt a fairy tale, but this is real life and it isnt fair and can be quite cruel to us at times, however the rest of us have to get on with the hand we are dealt and make the most of it, and so do the boys. I really feel that this argument is best settled by Diana's admission that what ever else he may have been, Charles was a good farther for his sons.

Last edited:
According to the Dutch Newspaper 'Telegraaf' can british people buy a replica of the ring in markets for €28, is this true??

I think charles was a good father and thathe grew in that aspect over time. I will not dispute that. And I think overall he is a decent person who wants to be happy, but the circumstances are just not proper for the monarchy and royal family.

cute_girl said:

:( Youre right...

susan alicia said:
well you are a very lucky girl than (and a bit judgemental, even though your say you are not).

Moderators, why are this becoming so agressive? :( I agree with Regina and with other persons, I don't like Camilla a lot but I don't hate her either, but I would like to write my opinions about this wedding without offenses.

Last edited by a moderator:

I don't know why people make such a big deal out of this. Maybe things have changed and kids these days need both parents dancing attendance when they're ill, but I don't recall my or my friends' fathers being expected to drop everything and hang around for medical issues if our mothers were there to do it. As long as William wasn't dangerously ill (which he wasn't), had one parent there (which he did), the two parents didn't like each other much (which they didn't), and the other parent had a previous engagement (which he did - this theatre trip wasn't simple pleasure as far as I remember), then there's no reason for them both to be hanging around the hospital. It doesn't mean that Charles didnt care or was a bad father. It just means that the press was determined to carry on the "Diana's perfect, and Charles is such a bad person that he doesn't even care about his own children" stuff even if a sick child had to be used in the process.

xxPatrickxx said:
According to the Dutch Newspaper 'Telegraaf' can british people buy a replica of the ring in markets for €28, is this true??

Looks like it:

http://news.scotsman.com/latest.cfm?id=4135566

I wondered how long that would take. And I wonder how many people who had a replica of Diana's sapphire will be running out to get one of these.

susan alicia said:
wonder how they know that, royal jewels are probably not insured because they are "priceless" so I can't see anyone taxating them

I think it was just a matter of looking at the types of stones in the ring, knowing something about platinum rings of that age and with those stones, and making some sort of estimate of the quality of the diamonds since I don't suppose they'll have seen it in enough detail to know about the quality. I assume they're valuing it purely for its content and aren't taking ownership into account.

The Times had an article saying it was probably worth at least £100,000, which, while impressive enough, is way short of a million dollars.

i think you guys are being too hard on Charles, maybe he wasnt a good father when Diana was alive even though we dont know that for sure, diana always said charles was a good dad, but since diana died he has always been there for them, i dont think its acting, noone is that good an actor. The pics of them on holiday skying just shows how close they are.

Also when William was in hospital, we dont know maybe charles went after his charity diner, we dont know how he was feeling that night, maybe he didnt want to go but he had to sometmes they dont have choices. he could have been on the phone the whole time he was at the diner for updates

Elspeth said:
The Times had an article saying it was probably worth at least £100,000, which, while impressive enough, is way short of a million dollars.

I think its more than £100,000 the center diamond itself could be worth that. the diamonds on that ring are incredible

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom