The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 02-12-2005, 12:43 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Victoria1999
I am pretty sure that Camila will be known as Queen Camila if Charles becomes a King.

She needs to change her name...queen Camila sounds awful.
NO!

Camilla cant become Queen of England or Princess of Wales because she not popular! but she will known as Duchess of Cornwall and Princess of Consort many people wanted to low-profiles for famous late Diana,Princess of Wales who died in 1997 that why Diana still as popular Princess and she still as Queen's hearts.

many people wanted William become King right NOW! or his dad will lose rights or his dad wanted to become King and William can wait or NOW when Queen gets died.

Camilla cant took Princess of Wales but Prince William told her about that if William got marry they can become Prince and Princess of Wales and become Queen of England.

Sara Boyce

Old 02-12-2005, 01:19 AM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by sara1981
NO!

Camilla cant become Queen of England or Princess of Wales because she not popular! but she will known as Duchess of Cornwall and Princess of Consort many people wanted to low-profiles for famous late Diana,Princess of Wales who died in 1997 that why Diana still as popular Princess and she still as Queen's hearts.

many people wanted William become King right NOW! or his dad will lose rights or his dad wanted to become King and William can wait or NOW when Queen gets died.

Camilla cant took Princess of Wales but Prince William told her about that if William got marry they can become Prince and Princess of Wales and become Queen of England.

Sara Boyce
William will not become the Prince of Wales until Charles is King. His wife will probably be known as the Princess of Wales.

I'm sorry, but Camilla will be the new Princess of Wales. Out or respect for Diana, she will not be known as that, but as the Duchess of Cornwall.

I think she will be called Queen Camilla. Charles will want her to be.

Old 02-12-2005, 01:28 AM
Majesty

Location: East of the sun and west of the moon, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexandria
They should interview us instead!
Yes, they should. There are so many more informed people on TRF than on these shows. TRF rules! Three cheers for TRF! Hip hip hooray! Hip hip hooray! Hip hip hooray!
Old 02-12-2005, 01:29 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by kinneret5764
A graceful response on his part. I'm sure privately however, the Spencers are upset. I would be too if my sister was "swept under a rug" by her husband for another woman.
Who really cares what Earl Spencer thinks?
The man is an adulterous bore who only cared about the amount of "street cred" his sister bought him and, since her death, how much money he can make out of her. All his blustering at the funeral proved to be empty promises. He does nothing worthwhile for William & Harry.
Old 02-12-2005, 02:07 AM
Heir Presumptive

Who was the previous Duchess of Cornwall?
Old 02-12-2005, 02:09 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Binky
William will not become the Prince of Wales until Charles is King. His wife will probably be known as the Princess of Wales.

I'm sorry, but Camilla will be the new Princess of Wales. Out or respect for Diana, she will not be known as that, but as the Duchess of Cornwall.

i agree...it doesn't matter what the government or clearance house said now....It is up to POW to give the title of "Queen" to Camilla if he wishes when he becomes king! Just like now...QE II can give Prince Philip the title of the Duke of Edinberg (spelling?!) or Prince Consort or anything...

so if Charles becomes King....I would think that he WANTS his camilla to become Queen of England...although abt 60% of the ppl oppose their marriage (according to the statistics from newspapers)
Old 02-12-2005, 02:17 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merca
Well, NJRedDevils, it certainly seems that royal houses, and most importantly the Church have become more relaxed in their views on matrimony. Remember, it was Felipe and Letizia (also a divorcee) who broke that rule first, so there is nothing unusual in Charles´s and Camilla´s marriage. On the contrary, it would be much more to frown upon if they did not get married after all. Isn´t the so called "living in sin" graver sin for the Church than marrying a divorcee? What is that rule anyway that one must not marry the divorcee but the ex-wife or ex-husband of the divorcee can? Camilla´s ex-husband is already married.
Letizia's matter is quiet different,her previous marriage was not a religous one
Old 02-12-2005, 02:38 AM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Australian
Who was the previous Duchess of Cornwall?
Princess Diana. She had that title when she was married to Charles. "of Wales" outranks "of Cornwall" and she used the traditional higher title.

Camilla will be Queen, even if not called Queen, and legally she will be Princess of Wales, even if not called that.

I wonder what havoc Diana can wreak now? Harry, it is reported, does not like Camilla and is very protective of his memory of his mother.
Old 02-12-2005, 02:47 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:

are you out of mind! what im talking about my posts! that totally out of order!

Camilla is not going become Queen! you know she understand why she cant become Queen following popular Princess of Wales in 1997.

but she will known as Duchess of Cornwall nor Princess of Consort PEROID! but Camilla would understand she cant become Queen nor becoming Princess of Wales because she not popular! she is homewrecker since her mistress got married to Princess Diana in 1981 but Diana got point! and Diana insult to Camilla as "Camillagates" in the taboilds,magazine and rotweiller but the British monarchy would understand why! and Diana told Prince Charles for unfit as father what Diana done in the taboilds and Queen really rocker!

but William will known for becoming King of England after his dad and HM Queen i would DAMN IT but many people been vote for Prince William to become King of England more 100% than his dad the Prince of Wales he is future King of England when his grandmother will died im not sure when!

Camilla cant accepting to taking titles becoming Princess of Wales and becoming Queen of England because many people wanted to low-profiles following death of Princess Diana of Wales in 1997.

Diana will known as Diana,Princess of Wales or Princess Diana many people will known as Princess Diana or Diana,Princess of Wales no matters! when she divorces to Prince Charles but Camilla cant getting new Princess of Wales many people will hurt feelings about famous Princess they wanted to respect of late Princess of Wales please trust me! many people went see Princess Diana's childhood homes and her late home to put flower for her birthday and anniversary of her death.

Sara Boyce
Old 02-12-2005, 02:52 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:

No!

Camilla cant become Princess of Wales and becoming Queen of England follow remind of late Princess Diana of Wales they wanted to low-profiles you wanted hurt feelings for Prince William and Harry? they wanted to respect of Princess Diana

but Camilla would known as Duchess of Cornwall and Princess of Consort

many people wanted to low-key profiles for late Princess Diana of Wales's death in 1997 they why need it! but Camilla cant took Diana's titles to become popular if Diana would be here they Diana would getting pissed off for sakes!

Sara Boyce
Old 02-12-2005, 03:10 AM
Royal Highness

Sara when camilla marries charles she will legally be the princess of wales. However she will not be called it.
Old 02-12-2005, 03:29 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
i agree...it doesn't matter what the government or clearance house said now....It is up to POW to give the title of "Queen" to Camilla if he wishes when he becomes king! Just like now...QE II can give Prince Philip the title of the Duke of Edinberg (spelling?!) or Prince Consort or anything...
<nitpick>It was George VI who gave Philip the title HRH Duke of Edinburgh (and Earl of Merioneth and Baron Greenwich, as well as Knight of the Garter) before his marriage to Princess Elizabeth. Queen Elizabeth created him Prince of the United Kingdom in 1957.</nitpick> But you're right - if King Charles thinks the public will accept Queen Camilla, that's what will happen, regardless of current talk about Princess Consort. It may even be necessary to enact legislation to stop her being queen, since it's supposed to happen automatically once her husband becomes king.
Old 02-12-2005, 03:36 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by sara1981
are you out of mind! what im talking about my posts! that totally out of order!
Mind your language, please.

Quote:
Camilla is not going become Queen! you know she understand why she cant become Queen following popular Princess of Wales in 1997.
She'll become Queen if the King and government think it can be done without a damaging reaction by the public. If not, she'll be Princess Consort. By the time Charles becomes king - assuming it's 10 years down the line or so - Diana will be just another historical character to most people in the UK. I've heard a lot of people say that their children and teens already don't really care about Diana; they're too young to remember her properly.

Obviously Camilla won't be known as Princess of Wales, although it'll be one of her titles as the wife of the Prince of Wales. They wouldn't be so insensitive as to give her the title which Diana was known by. But Diana was never queen, so there's no issue with Camilla taking over a title that was associated with Diana.
Old 02-12-2005, 03:48 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by coach1286
Here is a great picture of the ring from CNN....
charles gave her a favorite ring of the queen mum
Old 02-12-2005, 04:29 AM
Serene Highness
TRF Author

I'm not british, and I'm sure most of you are not british too. So, the Brisitish people are the ones who has to speak and tell what they wish: if they want Camilla for Queen or not.

I read some messages like "She will be Queen because she deservs it" or "She will be Queen because she will be the wife of the next King", etc... But you are forgeting something: Camilla will Never be Queen because Charles will never be King.

Bristish people prefer William, and in my opinon the Queen prefers him too.

I also noted that some of the members are angry or annoyed with other member that don't like Camilla. But some of the members who are pretending now to show how human and kind they are (to a woman that, in my opinion, is very guilty of causing unhappiness to other who already died) are the same who don't like Marie Chantal Miller, just because she is daughter of a rich man...

I don't like Camilla, many persons from this forum don't like too and we have the same right to think whatever we wanted. There's no need to call us, indirectly, not humans, etc.
Old 02-12-2005, 04:39 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Regina
I'm not british, and I'm sure most of you are not british too. So, the Brisitish people are the ones who has to speak and tell what they wish: if they want Camilla for Queen or not.

I read some messages like "She will be Queen because she deservs it" or "She will be Queen because she will be the wife of the next King", etc... But you are forgeting something: Camilla will Never be Queen because Charles will never be King.

I also noted that some of the members are angry or annoyed with other member that don't like Camilla. But some of the members who are pretending now to show how human and kind they are (to a woman that, in my opinion, is very guilty of causing unhappiness to other who already died) are the same who don't like Marie Chantal Miller, just because she is daughter of a rich man...

I don't like Camilla, many persons from this forum don't like too and we have the same right to think whatever we wanted. There's no need to call us, indirectly, not humans, etc.
why would you assume that members who write something human and kind are "pretending". this must be a reflection of the way you think and not on the way other people are.

and I do not understand what camilla and MC have in common (not much, if anything)
Old 02-12-2005, 04:55 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
... There's no need to call us, indirectly, not humans, etc.
Where does this come from?

I never said anyone was "not human" ... just rude for focusing on Camilla's looks!:)
Old 02-12-2005, 05:15 AM
Aristocracy

What does William think of Camilla??
Old 02-12-2005, 06:38 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
I'm British, and I have no problem at all with Camilla being queen. If she's married to the king, she should be queen.

Quote:
And how do you know this?

Quote:
Again, how do you know who the Queen prefers? And why do you think it'll make any difference? Once the precedent is set of being able to skip over heirs who aren't as popular as other royals, we might as well ditch the monarchy and have a republic with an elected president. Either the monarch is hereditary or you have a popularity contest for the position, in which case you have a republic. Effectively having elections in which the most charismatic, good-looking or sexy royal gets the job will make a mockery of the whole concept of monarchy.

Quote:
I also noted that some of the members are angry or annoyed with other member that don't like Camilla...
You have the right to think what you like and to make your dislike for Mrs Parker Bowles clear. On this forum nobody has the right to start being hurtful, insulting, aggressive, or demeaning toward the royals or toward other posters. You'll probably have noticed how some of the anti-Camilla people have been making some very nasty personal remarks about her, which are in violation of board rules and are a problem because a response in kind would also break board rules. There's no need for conversations to turn into slanging matches or hate-fests; it's perfectly possible to make one's point of view clear without descending to those depths.
Old 02-12-2005, 08:37 AM
Commoner

Thumbs down Camilla versus Diana!!!!

I'm not British,but I'm absolutely astonished with this marriage!!!!Has the British People so quickly forgotten their Queen of Hears???? I still remember Diana's Funeral...I'm Portuguese but I'm not ashamed to confess how I cried during those days"!!!!!Diana's was choosed and used in cold blood for thoe two(Charles and Camilla) to become a real Belly ,just to produce two male heirs!!!She Was very young and was USED by those two,Used and then Thrown to the Garbage Bin!!!Where is your Feminine solidarity??? Answer me please!!!!! And now Camilla Takes the Prize!Marry the Future King!!!!How UNFAIR life is!!!!!I've seen in Sky news that more than 60% disaproves the fact that Charles become King!!!!

Sorry about my English..but I expect that you can understand my Viewpoint! This is Shameful!"!!!!

Tags
camilla, camilla parker bowles, duchess of cornwall, engagement, prince charles, prince of wales