The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 02-11-2005, 04:45 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by coach1286
Here is a great picture of the ring from CNN....
such a nice ring, before people had seen the ring, they were saying on TV that it better not be bigger than the one he gave Diana.

I watched her on the news yesterday and she looked over the moon, she looked really happy.

Old 02-11-2005, 04:47 AM
Aristocracy

what I dont understand is why if they have been in love for 30 years didnt they get married when they met and fell in love? why did each one go off and marry someone else.
was there something wrong with Camilla back then that they didnt allow them to get married

Old 02-11-2005, 04:51 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by micas
William and Harry? some 1 see them?
they released a joint statement saying they were very happy for their father, which I guess isnt a suprise.

I wonder what Diana's family think about this especially her brother Earl Spencer. Im suprised that nothing has been said about what he thinks
Old 02-11-2005, 05:06 AM
Aristocracy

Hello magazine

http://www.hellomagazine.com/royalty...lesandcamilla/

Prince Charles and his long-time companion Camilla Parker Bowles are to wed. Clarence House has put an end to speculation about the couple's future by confirming they will walk down the aisle on April 8.

The marriage will be a civil ceremony followed by a service of prayer and dedication in St George's Chapel, Windsor, presided over by the Archbishop of Canterbury Dr Rowan Williams.

As the Prince of Wales' wife, Camilla will be given the title HRH Duchess of Cornwall. Representatives for the pair have also revealed that when Charles accedes to the throne, his wife will be known as the Princess Consort instead of Queen Camilla.

The news comes after years of public debate as to whether the two should make their vows. Opinion polls have suggested the public is in favour of them marrying, but there is less sympathy for the idea of Camilla becoming queen.

Her future mother in law was among the first to offer her congratulations. "The Duke of Edinburgh and I are very happy that The Prince of Wales and Mrs Parker Bowles are to marry," said the Queen in a statement released by Buckingham Palace. "We have given them our warmest good wishes for their future together." Royal officials have also revealed that Princes William and Harry are both "delighted" at the announcement.

Charles' relationship with Camilla, whom he first met at a polo match over 30 years ago, has been a source of controversy for some time. Princess Diana famously named her as a factor in the breakdown of her marriage to the Prince. And conservative voices in the Anglican Church have expressed displeasure at the idea of the man who will one day become their Supreme Governor wedding a divorcee.

The church is officially neutral on the issue, though, and the former Archbishop of Canterbury has given his blessing to the union. "He is heir to the throne and he loves her," said Lord Carey last year. "The natural thing is that they should get married."

Uncertainty surrounding the status of Camilla's relationship with Charles has also proved problematic at social functions, when she has sometimes been seated away from her partner. Her inclusion on his accounts for the first last year provoked debate, although there had been numerous other signals that the couple were moving towards an official union.
Old 02-11-2005, 05:09 AM
Aristocracy

what can the Earl Spencer say to this, he can fake it and congratulate them and be angry inside how Charles treated his sister all those years ago. 1 thing i don't get, his Great uncle Edward VIII, who later became The Duke of Windsor, after he married a divorcee, he lost his title, so he left his Kingship for his Brother Queen Elizabeth II's father, and his Aunt Princess Margaret couldn't marry her true love, cause he was a divorcee , why is Charles allowed to Be King still, he should give up his title for his son, to Marry Camilla.. I don't agree to this whole thing. If Charles wants to marry Camila, then he should follow in his great uncle's path and resign from King and line of succession for his son.
Old 02-11-2005, 05:21 AM
Administrator

Camilla will have all of Charles's titles, just in the feminine form (eg Duchess of Rothesay, Countess of Chester etc). This is the Common Law. However, she will be KNOWN as HRH The Duchess of Cornwall.
Old 02-11-2005, 05:23 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJRedDevils
what can the Earl Spencer say to this, he can fake it and congratulate them and be angry inside how Charles treated his sister all those years ago. 1 thing i don't get, his Great uncle Edward VIII, who later became The Duke of Windsor, after he married a divorcee, he lost his title, so he left his Kingship for his Brother Queen Elizabeth II's father, and his Aunt Princess Margaret couldn't marry her true love, cause he was a divorcee , why is Charles allowed to Be King still, he should give up his title for his son, to Marry Camilla
Because this is the 2000s, not the 1930s or 1950s, and divorce isn't such a big deal these days. Back in the Duke of Windsor's time, divorced people weren't welcome at Court at all. Back in the 1950s there was a huge stigma attached to divorce. Things became a lot more relaxed from the 1960s and 1970s onward. With half the married couples in the country having gone through divorce and a lot of them remarrying, it really can't be argued that it's that terrible a thing any more.
Old 02-11-2005, 05:26 AM
Gentry

Well, NJRedDevils, it certainly seems that royal houses, and most importantly the Church have become more relaxed in their views on matrimony. Remember, it was Felipe and Letizia (also a divorcee) who broke that rule first, so there is nothing unusual in Charlesīs and Camillaīs marriage. On the contrary, it would be much more to frown upon if they did not get married after all. Isnīt the so called "living in sin" graver sin for the Church than marrying a divorcee? What is that rule anyway that one must not marry the divorcee but the ex-wife or ex-husband of the divorcee can? Camillaīs ex-husband is already married.
Old 02-11-2005, 05:36 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merca
Well, NJRedDevils, it certainly seems that royal houses, and most importantly the Church have become more relaxed in their views on matrimony. Remember, it was Felipe and Letizia (also a divorcee) who broke that rule first, so there is nothing unusual in Charlesīs and Camillaīs marriage. On the contrary, it would be much more to frown upon if they did not get married after all. Isnīt the so called "living in sin" graver sin for the Church than marrying a divorcee? What is that rule anyway that one must not marry the divorcee but the ex-wife or ex-husband of the divorcee can? Camillaīs ex-husband is already married.
letizia is a divorcee???? i didnt know that
Old 02-11-2005, 05:49 AM
Aristocracy

I am just stating what was back then and how it has changed for Charles and Camila. I mean If the Ex KIng Edward VIII could see this he would be dissapointed cause He couldn't marry his love cause of DIVORCE and Charles can and still be king and how would Princess Magaret feel knowing she lost her true love over this issue too.. I dunno why Charles is getting so much love and support, for how he treated Poor Diana, it's funny how people change, except i don't..
Old 02-11-2005, 06:10 AM
Imperial Majesty

I think Poor Diana did her share of ill treatment too. She was too immature and insecure for the situation she was in, but reacting with jealous possessiveness toward someone like Charles was bound to lead to problems.
Old 02-11-2005, 06:24 AM
Gentry

NJRedDevils, fortunately Edward VIII and Princess Margaret did not live to see the recent developments. I think the royal house have simply learned their lesson well, that you canīt stand in two loversīs way, as you will not only ruin the two peopleīs lives but also your own reputation. As for Charles, I donīt think he is getting too much love and support, as surely he was as unhappy in his marriage as Lady Di was. The only mistake he did was that he didnīt seek divorce as soon as it became clear that their marriage wouldnīt work.
Old 02-11-2005, 06:32 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elspeth
I think Poor Diana did her share of ill treatment too. She was too immature and insecure for the situation she was in, but reacting with jealous possessiveness toward someone like Charles was bound to lead to problems.
I think Diana was too naive, she was only 19 when she got married, i dont think she was cultured enough in the real world
Old 02-11-2005, 06:57 AM
Heir Apparent

Camilla will not become Queen.She only has the title Duchess of Cornwall not the Princess of Wales too.

In the newspaper told that now Mrs Camilla can attend the banquets and royal occasions.So this year,Her Royal Higness Duchess Camilla of Cornwall will be at The Trooping The Colour and also Royal Ascot in York.

So maybe this March Mrs Camilla can be at the State Banquet for Italian President.But i wonder can she have the crown like other British Royal female and the Family Order too?

And will she be with Prince Charles on his visit to Australia this March too?
God save Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II
Old 02-11-2005, 07:14 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by HMQueenElizabethII
And will she be with Prince Charles on his visit to Australia this March too?
No.

We would love to welcome her to Australia, but I don't expect it will happen this trip.
Old 02-11-2005, 08:51 AM
Commoner

so pity of D……
Old 02-11-2005, 09:24 AM
Courtier

I think she will have tiara(s) in gala events but she will not get a crown such as what queen mother had in coronation of her husband; she will company Charles in his tour of duty. I just wonder what are duties of queens consort she will not do as king's wife (because of she will be a princess consort/ not queen consort) .
Old 02-11-2005, 09:33 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladybelline
IMO, Her Majesty prefers Charles to marry now, when she is still here and alive, because she has much more control of the events (I mean, she can object to Camilla 's Princess of Wales'style, to her becoming Queen, etc.) If she had always said NO to the wedding, Charles would have married Camilla once King, once his mother died...and then he would be free to make Camilla a "complete"Queen...
I think He needa an approval from the government to change her status, don't he. I think he will not do that because they are aware the bad rection from people will be.

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Reina][/b]
Here is a link from the PHarry thread. If you scroll down you will see that me and kinneret posted the same article. I bolded and underlined some things in the article so it may be easier to see the hot details
http://www.theroyalforums.com/forum...p?t=4731&page=2
poor harry:(
Old 02-11-2005, 09:42 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonlightrhapsody
I doubt that Camilla will get much in the ways of public duties and representation. As long as it's been since Diana died, she still has a pretty esteemed position in the minds of the people in the UK AND the world.
Of her own accord, Camilla is already the patron of several charities, including the British chapter of an Osteoperosis organization. I imagine that she will carry on some of those charities but of course now with the royal cachee attached to it. I imagine that she'll help to carry on many of Charles' own pet charities or pick up other charities that were previously supported by other members of the royal family.

I think if she's smart and if the people advising Charles are smart, they'll have her stay away from some of the more popular or major charities Diana supported, such as landmines or whatever to distance themselves. But there won't be a shortage of charities for Camilla to support.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonlightrhapsody
I wonder if Charles picked out this ring or Camilla. It's been said that he didn't pick Diana's engagement ring, so I wonder...
Camilla's ring is a Windsor heirloom -- it wasn't bought at some store. So I think Charles did have some say in the selection of Camilla's ring. The difference between Diana and Camilla's ring, too, is that back then Charles wasn't too keen on marrying Diana and in Camilla's case, he's obviously gone to great leaps and bounds to be with her. Also, I would hope that Charles has learned some lessons from his previous relationship and is making a more concentrated effort, especially since this relationship and engagement is being scruitinzed much more than even his engagement to Diana.
Old 02-11-2005, 10:11 AM
Commoner

The menu for the gala dinner at Windsor Castle was printed on cream card and features the Prince of Wales' crest of three feathered plumes with a crown and the motto Ich Dien. The feast featured smoked salmon rillette, roast beef and lemon and thyme pannacotta.:p

Link: http://miarroba.com/foros/ver.php?fo...=2526792&pag=5

FORO DE REALEZA EN ESPAŅOL (SPANISH FORUM ABOUT ROYALTY)
http://realezaenespanol.foro.st

Tags
camilla, camilla parker bowles, duchess of cornwall, engagement, prince charles, prince of wales