Charles and Camilla: The Marriage (2005 and on)

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

VuMom

Commoner
City
Brooklyn
Country
United States
I don't know if this belongs or if it's allowed, remove if it's not. :flowers: Do you guys think if there was no Diana in Charles life (Or for that matter, someone like her. I.e. pushed into his life), would he have married Camilla earlier?

Yes. She is the love of his life. He couldn´t survive without her.
But the question isn´t because of Diana. IMO it could have been every girl if the RF had wished it. For Charles there only was and is Camilla.

Last edited:
Well, he couldn't have married her once she was married to Andrew Parker Bowles. Once Camilla and Andrew were divorced - which probably only happened because of the high profile of Charles and Camilla's affair, which wouldn't have been the case without Diana in the equation - there was the little matter of the Queen Mother putting her foot down about remarriage of divorced people. And since in the royal family the Queen Mother's opinion appeared to be equivalent to the Word of God, I think they'd still have had to wait till after her death before they could have married.

So, no, I don't think things would have turned out that differently, except that if Diana hadn't made the affair public, Camilla would probably have just remained Charles's mistress and might still be married to Andrew.

Last edited:
And here I am willing to bet that she is rolling fit to make a cyclone in her gold leaf coffin.

Well, she was certainly the right shape for rolling...:hiding::whistling:

What I want to know is how someone with the resources that she had at her disposal could have such awful teeth.

Now you're beginning to sound like an American, you know...:D <-perfect teeth, don't you think?

I am starting to think that Charles could and should have done better for both women. I think that he should have known that a 19 year old girl was going to be a problem and he should have known that the problems Camilla was going to face because of Diana. Charles should have done right from the start and married Camilla. I know, then there would be no William and Harry but I think that the RF would have been in much better light these days. I have always followed Diana and was very sad at her death, but Charles should have done more for both of these ladies! JMHO

Iam not sure If Camilla is the charles´love. Because I have read a lot of things about Charles.

Well, he's certainly caused enough and more misery and heartache for alot of people if this is just some charade...

The Queen, Prince Philip, Princes Harry and William, Diana, in fact, his entire family.....

Not to mention us.

I think it is more of a question of should he have been allowed to marry Camilla earlier and the answer is yes. But royal heirs weren't allowed to marry young woman of a certain reputation (whatever that really was) at the time so a suitable wife was found for him. He couldn't even bring himself to say that he was in love with Diana at their engagement and he never brought himself to the marriage since his heart was already spoken for. A bit unfair, IMO.

It wasn't really about Diana. Since he couldn't originally marry Camilla, I don't think Charles really cared who he married as long as she fawned over him or a better attempt would have been made to find someone of a suitable pedigree that he could have more in common with and fall in love with. There were no shortages of available foreign princesses and noble British ladies at the time.:rolleyes:

Well, and according to the Queen Mum, Camilla was stained because her grandmother (great?) was a mistress of one of the Charles forebearers.

It is Camilla. She was and is Charles one and only. he wa a player in his younger days, but that was it. just a player. He was not in love with any of the ladies he went out with. He was always in love with Camilla.
When he got out of the service, Camilla was already married to Andrew. So he went back to his playboy ways. Until he was forced to marry someone. Whether it was Diana or another lady, he would have "probably" IMO, kept Camilla as his mistress. she was happy to remain his mistress and did not put pressure on him.
Things would or could have played out somewhat differently if Charles had married someone else, but Camilla would have remained a permanent fixture in his life. One way or another. Remeber, when it came time for them to get married, Charles said she was non-negotionable.

The problem with Charles always has and likely always will be is that he just keeps on biting his nose off despite his face.

The problem with Charles always has and likely always will be is that he just keeps on biting his nose off despite his face.
Well, he must be nibbiling on his nose, cause he still has quite a bit to bite off! :ROFLMAO:

I think until his marriage to Diana Charles was out of reality. He grew up in special circumstances and the ladies behave in a special way to him, because he was the PoW. He really didn´t know women. Yes, I think he knew that nobody could take Camilla´s place in his heart. But he didn´t expect what happened than. Because he had less experience with other women (emotionally). He was overextended and "went home" to Camilla.

I pretty much agree with what everyone has said about Charles, but remember it was a dfferent time, you didn't dis-obey the Queen, either on of them, in his time and he was raise to think of the "firm" first. I do think he treated Diana bad but I also think she treated him bad, it was a classic example of two people who weren't honest in the beginning and they both paid for it. I think they both were after something that wasn't real. Daina wanted to be Princess of Wales and Charles wanted someone who would be moldable(?) and young. How else was he going to find a virgin????? It is too bad Daina died before they could work out a friendship.
On Camilla, I understand she wanted to be like her Great grandmother and be the mistress to the Prince of Wales, no matter what and I also hear that Andrew was never faithful to Camilla anyways. It is a big mess no matter who tries to unravel it and no one was a winner in this one.

On Camilla, I understand she wanted to be like her Great grandmother and be the mistress to the Prince of Wales, no matter what and I also hear that Andrew was never faithful to Camilla anyways. It is a big mess no matter who tries to unravel it and no one was a winner in this one.

To be 30 years only a mistress is hard to bear. If you want to have fun and get a little popularity or just do it for your ego, than it wouldn´t take so long. Remember what Camilla had to get through. But she always stood by her prince. And watch how she is looking at him until today. And remember the day the marriage of them was announced. She was so radiant in her happiness, you could see it came from the depth of her heart. Only because of her great-grandmother?? It´s because of love.

Last edited:
I remember the Prince of Wales was goaded by Lord Moutbatten to marry his granddaughter, Amanda Knatchbull...but allowed Charles to carry on with Camilla until Amanda reached a marriageable age. I am sure the Queen Mother was not exactly thrilled with the bloodline Amanda brought to the Windsors via Edwina Ashley, her grandmother and wife of Lord Mountbatten...

Nigel Dempster wrote an oblique book "Behind Palace Walls" about the machinations the Queen Mum and her friend, Lady Fermoy alledgely employed so the focus would be upon Lady Diana Spencer, whose Armenian blood was sufficiently diluted so the future King of England's blood would not be marred as was the views of previously uniformed generations. (ahem)

What was wrong with Edwina Ashley?

None the less, you see he didn't marry her either. Hence the Queen Mum must have gotten her way again.

What was wrong with Edwina Ashley?

Promiscuous. Partly Jewish.

On the other hand, it could just be that the Queen Mother didn't care for Mountbatten's influence over Charles and knew that if Charles married a Mountbatten granddaughter, that influence wasn't going to diminish.

I think it is more of a question of should he have been allowed to marry Camilla earlier and the answer is yes. But royal heirs weren't allowed to marry young woman of a certain reputation (whatever that really was) at the time so a suitable wife was found for him. He couldn't even bring himself to say that he was in love with Diana at their engagement and he never brought himself to the marriage since his heart was already spoken for. A bit unfair, IMO.

It wasn't really about Diana. Since he couldn't originally marry Camilla, I don't think Charles really cared who he married as long as she fawned over him or a better attempt would have been made to find someone of a suitable pedigree that he could have more in common with and fall in love with. There were no shortages of available foreign princesses and noble British ladies at the time.:rolleyes:

I think 'what it means' is that she had been having a sexual realationship with APB for 7 years before she married him. I believe she also 'dated' a few others. It was the 70s so it's not surprising. But it wasnt exactly a secret. Did Mountbatten not comment that Camilla was 'excellent mistress material'? There wasn't much cross ever to Princess mode from there back then. I also agree that Charles was just looking for a suitable girl to produce the heir and the spare. He quoted as such in the Dimbleby authorised biography. Dynastic, yes, but also very coldly calculated. It could just as easily been the Duke of Grosvenor's daughter, whom he also dated. As far as QEQM, I have read many times that the subject of Charles and Camilla marrying could not be even brought up until she died, even after Diana's death. The whole reason that She was queen was predicated on the fact that Edward was not allowed to marry his divorced mistress. And was already KING. If she were still alive I doubt Charles and Camilla would be married now. :flowers:

Last edited by a moderator:
to pinkie40

.... Lady Diana Spencer, whose Armenian blood was sufficiently diluted so the future King of England's blood would not be marred as was the views of previously uniformed generations. (ahem)

The Spencers and Armenian blood..? What was wrong with Armenian blood?

Last edited by a moderator:
Don't take offense, as I am sure pinkie did not mean it the way that you seem to be taking it. That might have been the thinking of the RF at that time when everything "British" was better. In fact, she said so, so I would advise you to read more carefully in the future.

Charles and Camilla are soulmates and born to love each other.
If you ever meet a man/woman and you feel this way then love will always find a way and will win.

Last edited:
Don't take offense, as I am sure pinkie did not mean it the way that you seem to be taking it. That might have been the thinking of the RF at that time when everything "British" was better. In fact, she said so, so I would advise you to read more carefully in the future.

Actually I am not Armenian and, thus, am not offended at all. I just wanted her to proivde further explanations or clarifications. Upon reading her post, I have been surprised that the Spencers might have had Armenian blood. That is all. :)

Well, according to one source, it was actually Indian blood and it was incorrectly stated as being Armenian because that was thought to be more acceptable. So apparently there's nothing at all wrong with Armenian blood. ;)

Back
Top Bottom