Charles and Camilla: The Marriage (2005 and on)

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I think most people can talk about Charles and Camilla's marriage without bringing up either of their ex-spouses. They have been married for many years and there are many aspects of their lives that have nothing to do with their ex-spouses.

Well, I think the general population does not think about C and C. ;)

But of the many that bother to comment here, most of us have problems not bringing up off topic comparisons. We do it all over the place, not just on C & C threads. :whistling:

Yeah, I know. I just said that I understand the counting since it's a little odd the dead ex-wives name being named more times than the current wife when the article is about the current wife.

Yeah, I really don't bother counting stuff like that. I find it irrelevant. The late ex-wife will be forever be part of their current marriage. I just don't like how the media make it seem like she's the big and bad ghost that hangs over them. The memory is there, but no longer in a bad way, IMO.

Yeah, I really don't bother counting stuff like that. I find it irrelevant. The late ex-wife will be forever be part of their current marriage. I just don't like how the media make it seem like she's the big and bad ghost that hangs over them. The memory is there, but no longer in a bad way, IMO.
Me neither. Just understand the "huh, seriously, how many times can they put Diana in an article about Camilla?" :p

You can't talk about Charles and Camilla without bringing up Diana. Those were and are the two most famous and important women in his life.

Don't let HM hear this!

It is the corporate model of the Daily Mail: the more clicks on their site, the more unique IP's visiting them, the more revenue the newspaper generates. So every juicy story, every miraculous diet to slim into a supermodel in two weeks, every case of adultery amongst celebrities, every rant againts "scroungers", thick fat headlines, even about fungus on the Prince's nail: it does not matter. Just click, click, click and the Daily Mail thanks you. That is the sole reason for milking old cows again and again.

You can't talk about Charles and Camilla without bringing up Diana. Those were and are the two most famous and important women in his life.
Me neither. Just understand the "huh, seriously, how many times can they put Diana in an article about Camilla?" :p
LOL, that's her history.
And that is why this thread is not a "History" thread, but one that is specifically titled "Charles and Camilla:The Marriage(2005 and on)", just so that people can keep on topic.

As hernameispekka has pointed out, "how many times can they put Diana in an article about Camilla". Had she still been alive it could perhaps have been relevant. But as things stand, it is not.

Last edited:
So your comment about counting to keep up with "the state of play" means who has more coverage ???

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

So your comment about counting to keep up with "the state of play" means who has more coverage ???

I would say it's more about how it's still all about Diana. :shock: In certain journalistic quarters. That's the 'state of play'. When I read that article it was clear I was reading dog-whistle journalism. Counting how many times Diana was mentioned is simply a way of supporting the contention that what was being engaged was pot-stirring. The mentioning of Diana was very much ott. I can understand counting the number of times in an article that was supposedly detailing something else (equally pot-stirring).

I think our Iluvbertie has hit the nail on the head. They spend time apart. This is a couple that have known each other for decades and intimately know each other's likes and dislikes and idiosyncrasies and lets face it, once we senior citizens reach our happy, golden years, those times of wild nights and grand passionate lovemaking tends to turn into a warm, comfortable relationship sharing just about every aspect of life with love, understanding and a second sense of what the other needs.

Please don't let the Duke of Ladongas know this!:wub:

I don't know, I thought the article was pretty much pro Charles and Camilla. I don't think they have the perfect storybook marriage, but it's good to see them still going strong.

Several empty posts have been removed.

And just a reminder, this thread is regarding Charles and Camilla's marriage, which began in 2005. Long after Diana died. So there is no real need to bring her in to the discussion here.

Further posts discussing how many times she appears in a pot-stirring article will be removed.

All posts pertaining to the role of Diana in Charles and Camilla's marriage have been deleted as speculative. Posts that rehashed the Charles/Diana/Camilla triangle have also been deleted as off topic.

The subject of this thread is the marriage of Charles and Camilla from 2005 to the present.

Any and all additional off topic posts will be deleted without notice.

Last edited:
I love these pictures!

@MaxFosterCNN: Heading in to speak to @susannareid100 @GMB to talk Prince of Wales & Duchess of Cornwall. Shots from our shoot: http://t.co/vnx6pz7LFU

:previous: That sounds pretty interesting! And the photos seem lovely and intimate at the same time! I hope to find a short video about this, or at least a kind member who will write a brief summary;)

CNN Documentary

This will be shown tonight at 7:30 EDT. The interviewer is wearing tight red pants.

Males wearing those sort of pants seems very much an English upper middle class thing! It should be an interesting interview.

The interviewer was wearing red pants!!

I thought it was very interesting. He didn't say anything really newsworthy. My favorite part of the interview was when Charles said that William and Harry would never tell him that influenced their interests--I think that every parent knew exactly how he felt.

Not very gallant on his part

I didn't care for the comment Charles made about his visit to the Nixon White House: "they tried to marry me off to Tricia Nixon." I recall the rumors when he visited- of course Nixon would have loved for it to happen. At any rate, Tricia has been married- happily and well- for over forty years.

:previous: That sounds pretty interesting! And the photos seem lovely and intimate at the same time! I hope to find a short video about this, or at least a kind member who will write a brief summary;)
Summary:
First 10 minutes - shots of Camilla and Charles strolling at Birkhall, reference to his marriage, her marriage their divorces and marriage to each other (w/ historical shots) Camilla's lack of popularity and how she's more accepted now, 10 years later. Interview clips w/ Charles of how Camilla has been brilliant with it all and he's very proud of her. Charles talks about her work with Osteoporous and literacy (She devours books per Charles.) Charles states Camilla sees the humor in things.

Second ten minutes - previous visits to the U.S. Charles says he's been 40 times. First visit with Anne 'they were trying to marry me off to Tricia Nixon.' Retrospective of 1985 visit with Diana showing photo of Diana dancing with Reagan and with Travolta. First visit with Camilla and crowds unwelcoming to Camilla. Shots of California crowds welcoming Camilla. Charles said they had a jolly time in California. Charles talks about people in the US being more open to new ideas and he's gotten several ideas from the U.S. Reference to Charle's involvement with Organic gardening.

Third 10 minutes - this trip. Sets forth the itinerary. Discussion by Charles of Camilla's work in violence against women then discussion of the Prince's trust. Summary of Harry's work with the military and landmines (reference by show as Diana's influence.) Charles references Harry's work w/ Invictus Games 'take my hat off to him." Then summary of William's work reference in retrospective to him being patron of Royal Marsden Hospital (his mother's patronage) and focus on Williams' passion to stop illegal wildlife trade (Charles' influence per program.) Charles states Williams' "efforts are hugely commendable." Asked about upcoming grandchild Charles states 'very nice having grandchildren' and he notes that you 'get down on the floor and do silly things with them.'

Ok, that's what I caught there were lots of pix of past events interspersed with bits from the interview and shots of the couple together plus a few clips from following Camilla at 3 events in the last couple of months. The interviewer opines that you are struck by the couple's affection towards each other.

Back
Top Bottom