Charles and Camilla: The Marriage (2005 and on)

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I am sorry, was my post deleted? I don't think I said anything inflammatory

If your post was deleted it probably had nothing to do with it being inflammatory, the mods are sensitive about this thread and it easily turns into CnC vs Diana and they do a lot to prevent it and frequently close it because people start bickering over the triangle.

Is there a thread discussing the Charles and Camilla affair? And if not should there be, or is that not encouraged because it could become WWIII on here?

If your post was deleted it probably had nothing to do with it being inflammatory, the mods are sensitive about this thread and it easily turns into CnC vs Diana and they do a lot to prevent it and frequently close it because people start bickering over the triangle.

Is there a thread discussing the Charles and Camilla affair? And if not should there be, or is that not encouraged because it could become WWIII on here?

I believe there is not, for the exact reasons that you listed.

I think it would be better if there were a separate thread for it for exactly that reason. It wouldnt spill onto every other thread if there was a designated thread to discuss.

I thought there was one. Perhaps it got too bloody and was closed.

Thank you so much ladies /gentlemen for your responses. As I am new to the forum I am still learning "the ropes" so to speak. With the explanation that you all provided about staying on topic of C&C I do understand why it was deleted.

There were two back in 2005, parts 1 and 2, but they were eventually closed (along with the Camilla as Queen thread) apparently because of fighting. I haven't read trough any of the threads beyond the final posts announcing the closures, but I wouldn't be surprised if the current strictness surrounding the issue was in part because of the problems that erupted in those threads.

Well, it is sad that we cannot talk and discuss the love triangle without becoming violent and accusing each other for all kind of mean things. It does not reflect very good manners, because it should be possible to discusss the D-C-C relationship in a specially designed thread without WW III breaking out, after all it is an interesting topic and everyone has strong ideas & reasons to believe what they think about each person...that´s just my opinion:)

Back to topic: I am happy that everyone involved seems to be ok with this relationship, Camilla & Charles plus all their children seem to be very happy and accept what has happened.Life goes on and it looks like it is very good at the moment for the couple, especially as they are certainly very excited for the new baby that will arrive soon!

Osipi said:
Looking back, it does look like its been removed but I don't think its so much that what you wrote was inflammatory, but probably because its so easy for any posts in this thread that even mention the first wife to start the triangle games yet again.
Yes, the post in question, along with several others, was removed by a moderator because it did not address this thread's topic of 'The Marriage (2005 and on)'.

Roslyn said:
I thought there was one. Perhaps it got too bloody and was closed.
There is (sort of): the 'C&C love story - the early days' thread in this subforum and the 'Charles and Diana' thread in the Diana subforum remain open.

Note: [not directed at Roslyn] Heated arguments, repeated fabrications and misstatements [lies], personal clashes, deliberate provocations, tasteless comments and anything else the Moderators deem inappropriate will be deleted without notice or apology.

scooter said:
I think it would be better if there were a separate thread for it for exactly that reason. It wouldnt spill onto every other thread if there was a designated thread to discuss.
Unfortunately bitter experience has proved this not to be the case.
Once the flames start rising, they invariably spread across all manner of threads and forums.

tspadgett873 said:
As I am new to the forum I am still learning "the ropes" so to speak. With the explanation that you all provided about staying on topic of C&C I do understand why it was deleted.
Welcome to the Forums tspadgett873 and thank you for your gracious response. :flowers:
Rest assured the Moderators and Administrators are very experienced and have good reason to keep a close eye on contentious topics. Most members understand and appreciate that ugly personal arguments conducted in a poisonous atmosphere do not make for an enjoyable or welcoming Forums environment.

Last edited:
I was just thinking that a Thread specifically to discuss the triangle would stop people from binging it up in places they should ie this thread. But I'm sure such threads so not exist for a reason, as this one shows people can't follow the "2005 on" rules.

I was just thinking that a Thread specifically to discuss the triangle would stop people from binging it up in places they should ie this thread. But I'm sure such threads so not exist for a reason, as this one shows people can't follow the "2005 on" rules.

Wrong!You can't stop some specific sort to ever stop that non-discussion Xenia,even though that makes sense...Some people don't,they can't get over the fact they lost a hype...grin...Anyway,I for one am glad they're together and such a great couple
and I call 'm Prince and Princess of Wales as I hate to do false sentiments.Camilla is entitled to that title,and like I said...anything else is rubbish...other then that,the weather is just lovely today!:flowers:

Charles like doing that. He used to tickle Diana and pat her bottom.

My favorite thing about this series of snaps is that the whole time, the Queen is oblivious to C and C because she is into the horses.

And if it were any other way, I'd be surprised, because Her Majesty is passionate about her horse-racing :D.

Charles like doing that. He used to tickle Diana and pat her bottom.

What a cheeky, and playful chap.

And how come these "tickles" escaped DailyMail? A few such pics with one tragic pic of the "angel" would have been enough to get a tsunami of curses..

Last edited:
Wrong!You can't stop some specific sort to ever stop that non-discussion Xenia,even though that makes sense...Some people don't,they can't get over the fact they lost a hype...grin...Anyway,I for one am glad they're together and such a great couple
and I call 'm Prince and Princess of Wales as I hate to do false sentiments.Camilla is entitled to that title,and like I said...anything else is rubbish...other then that,the weather is just lovely today!:flowers:

I agree Camilla is entitled to the title Princess of Wales...but Camilla herself decided to take the Duchess of Cornwall styling...I believe out of respect for the late Diana and her children, who are now Camilla's stepchildren....This fact alone has somewhat endeared me to her even though I did not care for her at all at first as I am a rabid fan of the late Diana...But Camilla has proven that she has the discretion and class that it takes to be a member of the royal family.

And might I add...she should be named Queen Consort instead "Princess Consort" when Charles does ascend to the throne.

The Charles and Camilla roadshow | Royal | News | Daily Express
Jennie Bond, 3 August 2013

The Charles and Camilla Roadshow

Is it just me or does Prince Charles have a new spring in his step these days? The two of them have been keeping up an increasingly hectic pace as the Queen and Duke of Edinburgh finally make concessions to their age. Now with William and Catherine out of the frame for a while as they concentrate on baby George, the focus is firmly on Charles and Camilla. And it's my belief they are both rather enjoying being centre stage.

Personally I have always liked the Prince, ever since my first television report about him on his 40th birthday when he took the mickey out of himself for talking to his plants. In the 25 years since then I've watched him struggle with the breakdown of his first marriage, incur public wrath over Diana's death and then dare gradually to hope that the country would come to accept the woman he should have married in the first place. Now at last the evidence is that they have.

Just look at the welcome Charles and Camilla have been given during a flurry of engagements over the past fortnight. Yes, there was a serious bout of baby fever going on but from Cornwall to Yorkshire the crowds who turned out to greet the couple seemed genuinely delighted to see them. They serenaded the Duke and Duchess of Cornwall with the chorus of Grandad, showered them with gifts for Prince George and several people felt the urge to go one step further.

"Can I give you a hug now you're a grandad?" asked Geraldine Kynaston in Bridlington.
"Of course," said Charles as the rest of the assembly applauded.

You only have to look at the pictures to see how at ease the royal couple are with one another. It's a far cry from their first, timid public outings in the dark days after Diana's death when they were understandably nervous about the reaction. Nowadays they're relaxed enough to show affection - as Prince Charles did on his wife's 66th birthday last month. When she was presented with a cake in Lostwithiel in Cornwall he dropped his regal pose, put his arm around her and wished her a happy birthday.

And they share a wicked sense of humour. They seem to have giggled their way around the country recently; and that kind of relaxed, uninhibited laughter is infectious and endearing. If you talk to any of Camilla's circle the same themes recur: "She's funny and down to earth - she makes you feel as if you've known her for ever," said an actor friend. "She's the least stuck-up person you could meet," says another.

They are aware too that for the monarchy to continue to enjoy the popularity it now has they have to keep it relevant and visible. So they've upped their workload. Between them they are now taking on around 800 events a year. Since their marriage in 2005 they've visited more than 40 countries - including high-profile trips representing the Queen during her Diamond Jubilee celebrations. Although she has no intention of abdicating the Queen is showing a new enthusiasm for handing at least partial control of the reins to her son and daughter-in-law. In May, Charles and Camilla accompanied the Queen and Duke of Edinburgh to one of the grandest events in the royal calendar, the State Opening of Parliament. In November she will entrust them with a cause that's extremely close to her heart, the Commonwealth heads of government meeting in Sri Lanka.

There was a time when few people thought Camilla could learn to enjoy such a public role. Perhaps to her own surprise she appears to have embraced her new destiny, encouraged no doubt by the warmth of the reception she now receives. When she was in St Austell five days before Prince George was born she said everyone in the family was waiting by the phone for news. And when the baby arrived she told people in Bugthorpe in East Yorkshire that Charles would be a wonderful grandfather: "He's brilliant with children," she said.

These mundane remarks are insignificant in themselves but they show the Duchess is at ease not only with her husband but with the public stage on which she will play out the rest of her life. For all the talk that the crown should skip a generation - something that was never going to happen - polls show public opinion has swung in Prince Charles's favour. A recent YouGov poll found 44 per cent of those questioned wanted him to be king compared with 38 per cent for Prince William. So will Camilla be Princess Consort as she has suggested? Well, the late Princess of Wales herself once told me: "Camilla always has been and always will be the love of Charles's life. She's been discreet and loyal and she deserves recognition."

"Camilla always has been and always will be the love of Charles's life. She's been discreet and loyal and she deserves recognition"

Very brave and true words from the late Princess of Wales. I think she would be happy for Charles & Camilla today. I know I am.

The article speaks for itself; Camilla will make a great Queen Consort. She's just what Charles needs by his side in that role.

And, Dman, that's an astounding quote from Diana. I'd never believe that she'd have admiration for such an adversary. Is that quote from the Panorama interview Diana gave?

Last edited:
looks like Charles and Camilla are destined to be with one another.

"Camilla always has been and always will be the love of Charles's life. She's been discreet and loyal and she deserves recognition"
Very brave and true words from the late Princess of Wales. I think she would be happy for Charles & Camilla today. I know I am.

THEY ARE NOT TRUE..
There is no proof that Camilla has always been Charles' love..
The last thing about Charles-Camilla affair I know was in the late '70s, when a senior aide reprtedly warned The Queen that The Prince of Wales is sleeping with the wife of a brother officer. I ve read these famous words in many many articles..
Once Charles and Diana got engaged, there was no documentation or mention of C-C's liason, though she was there in their circles, with Diana and at wedding..
Going by Charles' words, since Diana never mentioned any specific period/detail, we have to believe that their relationship rekindled ONLY AFTER C-D's marriage was broken..that is in late 80s..

Last edited:
The article speaks for itself; Camilla will make a great Queen Consort. She's just what Charles needs by his side in that role.

And, Dman, that's an astounding quote from Diana. I'd never believe that she'd have admiration for such an adversary. Is that quote from the Panorama interview Diana gave?

I would imagine that this would be a later quote perhaps after the divorce had gone through. Its been reported several times that at the time of her death, Diana and Charles were on a more congenial basis. I can seriously believe that these words are a quote from her.

THEY ARE NOT TRUE..
There is no proof that Camilla has always been Charles' love...
:ROFLMAO: Who was the woman slipping on the Royal Train with Charles before the big '81' royal wedding? Who was the woman Charles was caught talking to over the phone before the wedding and was overheard saying something along the lines of 'no matter what, I will always love you.'? Who was the woman Princess Margaret warned people about at the wedding reception in '81?

Charles & Camilla's marriage is going pretty good. They work good together and share many laughs and I respect that. They should be allowed to move on and live their lives has they see fit now. Although those two weren't fooling many people back in the day, except the young and very naïve Diana. Many people knew what was going on and that their relationship was never really broken.

Last edited by a moderator:
:ROFLMAO: Who was the woman slipping on the Royal Train with Charles before the big '81' royal wedding? Who was the woman Charles was caught talking to over the phone before the wedding and was overheard saying something along the lines of 'no matter what, I will always love you.'? Who was the woman Princess Margaret warned people about at the wedding reception in '81?...
Some news reports say the woman on the royal train was Diana. Romp with Charles before wedding | The Sun |News

I'm not sure there was a mysterious woman on the royal train. I don't believe Diana overheard Charles say anything like 'no matter what, I will always love you." and I don't know that Princess Margaret warned people about a woman at the wedding reception.

These items are just gossip. No one except Charles and Camilla know what happened between the two of them. After her marriage broke down and while Diana was trying to destroy her husband, she claimed that she suspected that her Charles had always been in love with another woman. The problem is that she told many conflicting stories.

You, yourself acknowledge that they seemed happy the first few years. The reporters who covered them unmercifully acknowledge they seemed happy the first few years. No one but Charles knows what happened behind closed doors. Most of the staff who have talked to the media (Burrell, Jephson, etc....) were hired after 1986.

Camilla always has been and always will be the love of Charles's life. She's been discreet and loyal and she deserves recognition

Hum i doubt that a woman who was so incredibly bitter during a 1995 interview found some kind of peace or understanding about the whole situation two years later.
Why not, but frankly i'm surprised. If it's true, this sentence should be sent all over the web, especially in some well known die hard fans circles.
Jennie Bond is classified as a "serious" former royal correspondant... wonder why this article was not picked up by the Mail and Diana's alleged words making the headlines.

Diana's view of Camilla changed depending on her mood.

By fall of 1992, Diana's views on Camilla were more favorable. Several people have stated & letters Diana wrote show by 1993, Diana had expressed similiar views about Camilla as those mentioned to Jennie Bond.

If Diana was happy in her personal life her views on C&C relationship was not as toxic.

In early to mid 1995, Charles & Diana were on friendly terms and then the Panorama interview destroyed that.

After the divorce, C & D were back to being friends, so it is highly likely that during C & D's friendly times, she expressed these sentiments about Camilla.

...Going by Charles' words, since Diana never mentioned any specific period/detail, we have to believe that their relationship rekindled ONLY AFTER C-D's marriage was broken..that is in late 80s..
I also do not believe that Camilla and Charles were lovers before the marriage disintegrated in the late 80s. I do, however, believe that they had a close and loving intimate relationship that has spanned the decades since they met in the 70s. One does not define a loving relationship by how many times they've bedded each other down. Camilla has been and always will be Charles' go to girl and best friend and confidante. Its why the marriage is such a happy one. They know each other inside out and backwards and are happy allowing each other to be the best possible people that they can be. His life is structured and precise whereas she sometimes would rather be footloose and fancy free among chaos and sticky fingerprints making cookies with the grandchildren. He relishes solitude and contemplation and she's comfortable in the relationship to give that to him and takes time away on her own, with her own pursuits.

Their marriage is not an ownership and doesn't make demands on each other but its more of a partnership where the needs and wants of each other take center stage. Its a mature relationship that has seen its ups and downs and has not only survived but grew stronger. No wonder they look so happy together and genuinely reflect their love for each other with twinkles in their eyes and wide smiles.

Back
Top Bottom