Charles and Camilla: The Marriage (2005 and on)

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
If I don't hear it, then it doesn't happen, as far I know. If they don't want to give interviews, then I will think whatever about them I want. If it's incorrect, they can do an interview and correct my misconceptions. If they don't want to do that, oh well.

That must make participating on a forum where other people tell what they see and hear an interesting experience for you.

That must make participating on a forum where other people tell what they see and hear an interesting experience for you.

That's the beauty of a forum. We all come from all over the world with an interest in royalty. We may have preconceived ideas and opinions and with the sharing of thoughts and ideas from different angles and aspects, we can enrich our knowledge base by leaps and bounds and perhaps with a bit of education even change a view or two. Its been an amazing journey for me.

I toTaLLY AGRee with YOU, mi opinions about charles and camilla never will change. since my 14 year old until now I have 29 I all the time I thing the same thing about them.

This is obviously your pride. Mine is to have changed my mind about them, especially since 2005, and found understanding and, yes a strong word for some people here, forgiveness.

There's been a quick clean up in this thread.

1) Please note that all photos (and subsequent posts) that violate TRF's photo policy have been deleted as they violate TRF's photo policy. If you do not own the rights to such photos of Charles and Camilla, please do not post them directly on TRF.

2) The usual posts that bring up Diana have been deleted as off topic. Folk, I don't know how to say this without being blunt ---- Diana died in 1997. Charles and Camilla married in 2005. While its certainly plausible to have your opinion of Charles and Camilla change since the death of Diana, we are not going to rehash the Charles/Diana/Camilla triangle, Saint Diana vs. Evil Camilla, etc. We are just not going to do it.

3) Finally, this is much more of a discussion thread than a picture thread, so if you guys would like to post some of these Charles and Camilla pictures, may I suggest the following thread http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f44/charles-and-camilla-picture-thread-9086-5.html ?

4) Beauty if in the eye of the beholder. And if someone is going to judge someone else's marriage based on looks alone (when they no idea on what goes on behind closed doors) well, I say that in itself says a lot about the judger and not the judgee. An endless debate about a persons look is a never ending discussion IMO. As a previous poster stated, the opinions of some cannot or will not be changed.

5) The post counts of some members might have changed, as I have merged some posts.

6) Let's all remember to respect the opinions of others, even if you disagree with them.

Thanks!

Zonk
British Forums Moderator

Last edited:
Osipi said:
I would imagine he is quite at ease with both Tom and Laura from knowing them all of their lives. He is also Tom Parker-Bowles godfather.

I'm pondering whether Tom and Laura may not have such a spiffy relationship with step-daddy. They are children of a very public divorce we don't know what issues they may have with mommy 's new husband... Just wondering.

I'm pondering whether Tom and Laura may not have such a spiffy relationship with step-daddy. They are children of a very public divorce we don't know what issues they may have with mommy 's new husband... Just wondering.

Charles is Tom's godfather and they have always appeared to have excellent relationship. Laura has been close to not only Prince Charles, but also William and Harry, as is evident from William's choice to include her daughter among bridesmaids for his wedding.

Jenafran said:

They're adults and they were adults when their parents divorced. Their parents obviously maintain a cordial relationship, and I'm reasonably confident they handled it better than that.

Great pics! Thanks for posting, they really seem to enjoy each other with genuine affection & humor!

This is a couple that are so happy together that they light up each other when together - it is lovely to see Charles so happy and Camilla makes him that way. She is clearly happy with him as well.

:previous:
Completely agree.
Charles and Camilla are clearly very comfortable together - and it shows.

Last edited:
:previous:
Well said, both of you. I couldn't agree more :flowers:.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have to admit that Charles has been very happy since he has been with Camilla. I suppose it was meant to be from the beginning. All the different roads they took ended up making a circle right back to eachother. Funny how that works. They are comfortable together and Camilla seems to have transitioned easily into royal life. She has been a good partner for him. I say cheers to them! :)

I enjoyed the photos, but I wouldn't call them hilarious. I just think these two are the cat's meow!

Charles and Camilla are out of that 7th year and into their 8th. No more worries about that 7-Year-Itch.

Last edited:
All the different roads they took ended up making a circle right back to eachother. Funny how that works.

I don't think it's all that surprising. Afterall, they only stopped contact (certainly that of a physical nature) for a relatively short span of time over the course of their adult lives.

Is this a positive or negative comment? Can anyone explain that expression to a non-native speaker?

That's actually a slang term originating back in the Roaring '20s which is quite complimentary, meaning very stylish and impressive.

Last edited:
I begin what I am about to say emphasizing that I am in Charles' and Camilla's ballpark. I think they are good people who were given a bad time and I feel for them both. I stand in awe of their good humor in the face of it all - especially Camilla.

But, I do think I saw the '7-year malaise' in the Scandinavian Tour. (Saying this does not make Charles a bad person or Camilla - its just an observation that I am wondering if anyone else sees, too). I made mention of that - and what appeared to be discomfort for Camilla (wondering if she is actually okay - wondering if she may be ill) and the post got removed as speculative. :-(

However we 'speculate' that they are happy based on pictures - why not 'speculate' they may be having a rough patch based on a whole batch of pictures from that tour where one never sees them interacting with each other or smiling at each other. In fact, in one of the Scandinavian pictures they stand alone beside each other and look in opposite directions.

I really thought I saw distress in Camilla's eyes sometimes during that tour. Someone in a pm suggested that Camilla really does not like traveling and that that was at the root of it. That could be it, of course. But I'm just wondering if anyone else is getting a stressed vibe.

I'm hoping I get some good feedback before this is (maybe) deleted. :)

Those images were quite amusing, paricularly the images of their faces in the bowls. Made me chuckle

Tyger, I have also noticed something strange about their interactions over the last couple of months (not just this tour). I don't know what it is, whether they have problems, or if it's just their age, but something seems a little off.

I do think they love each other still and I also believe they will stay together forever, but their interactions are not nearly as playful as they used to be - at least in my opinion

Last edited:
I think that Camilla MAY have lost some of her stamina. She and I are the same age and I know that I have lost a good deal of mine. When you couple that with the horror of public appearances this summer (Jubilee AND Olympics), she's probably tired just thinking about it!

However, if they are going through the 7-year-thing, I hope it finishes soon.

Tyger, I have also noticed something strange about their interactions over the last couple of months (not just this tour). I don't know what it is, whether they have problems, or of it's just their age, but something seems a little off.

I do think they love each other still and I also believe they will stay together forever, but their interactions are not nearly as playful as they used to be - at least in my opinion

Thank you. Even in a recent appearance with the whole family - Camilla was walking in the front, front and center, in fact, and Charles was somewhere in the back of the crowd, looked like he was talking to Andrew. It seems unusual - especially when one looks at Edward and Sophie - and how, while they are not glued to each other like teenagers or anything, there is an attentiveness, touches and looks, always close in each other's orbit. That's a comparison that may be unfair, because they are substantially younger and the sap is still running, as they say.

I, too, believe they still love each other. Its a long-standing relationship after all but 'something seems a little off'.

I think that Camilla MAY have lost some of her stamina. She and I are the same age and I know that I have lost a good deal of mine. When you couple that with the horror of public appearances this summer (Jubilee AND Olympics), she's probably tired just thinking about it!

However, if they are going through the 7-year-thing, I hope it finishes soon.

I. too, have wondered about Camilla's age and stamina. I am olding - though still in full gear with my career - and the shift in energy as the years climb - no matter how well one is keeping oneself - is notable. Afternoon naps are de rigueur suddenly. :rolleyes:

A little more approaching crotchety, too. :D I hope they get over it soon, too. But I wonder about Camilla's health. I know he values her enormously - I hope she's there for him when he becomes King.

Last edited:
They both had a few busy months, I'm going to guess that it's just fatigue catching up. The Scandinavian tour looked pretty intense, so no wonder they were looking a bit weary. They have a tour of Canada coming up next month too, no? All that traveling can't be easy for people in their age group (especially if the said travel is for 'business' if you will).

I begin what I am about to say emphasizing that I am in Charles' and Camilla's ballpark...
I can't say I've noticed any such 'vibe' at all. But then again, I'm not the type of person to look into the lives of others and speculate on their personal happiness, or unhappiness, based on a few still photographs. That's not at all meant as a sarcastic response to any other person, rather, is quite simply the truth.

For me personally, I like viewing from afar. In otherwords, I'm not particularly interested in their lives beyond the publics gaze. Sure it's always nice to see behind the scenes, but within reason.

One would like to think they are happy and unless there is anything substantiative to support the alternative, I don't give it any real thought. It doesn't interest me to sit and wonder what the dymanics of another couples relationship is. Especially if those people are not at all known to me personally.

I just don't think they have anything to prove where their relationship is concerned. Or whether it's stable and happy. They don't need to be looking in the same direction, they don't need to both be smiling in the same frame and they don't need to link arms or even walk side by side. There is no need to overcompensate the state of their marital happiness for the benefit of others.

They work as a team and are seen as a team. That's what matters.

Last edited by a moderator:
Haven't seen any signs of problems myself and the interaction when its just the 2 of them seems fine. I should think that meeting all those royals in Scandinavia for the first time would be stressful. And they have Australia (unpredictable) and Canada to come plus Jubilee and Olympics. I'm tired thinking about it. So it is going to be a difficult year.

I look at them and smile :flowers:

Back
Top Bottom