The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 06-03-2013, 08:02 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by blauerengel View Post
What a lovely image, Prince Charles is such a gentleman, he is a great role model for all men in how to treat a lady (or any woman) the right way-nice gesture and very classy

Also I like the way he is dressing up in traditional English fashion & he has surely given Camilla some advice on fashion too because she seems to be dressing so much better than before they got married.I know that this fashion-talk is a little bit off topic,but as Prince Charles is a man who appreciates art and good craftmanship I believe that he also cares about good quality clothes and makes an effort to look good in public.
I always enjoy seeing pictures of Charles and Camila together. Charles does indeed strike me as someone who is very well-mannered, and knows how to treat a lady in public (and in general). Like you, I like his style of dress; it's classy, and never goes out of style. He probably knows a thing or two about good quality attire and accessories, and it shows. I've yet to see this man look sloppy, or inappropriate when out of the house.

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 06-03-2013, 09:06 PM
Heir Presumptive

Charles loves Camilla, really loves her. I doubt if he had anything to do with Diana's incredible style. And he should critique more of the things Camilla wears. Frumpy and dumpy, often I know too picky. But the picture is very nice a considerate husband, at least to Camilla. Actually, if you read back, Diana changed Charles' wardrobe.

Old 06-03-2013, 11:24 PM
Heir Apparent

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Welcome to TRF tspagett873 and its good to have ya here!!

One thing though about this thread. Its kind of a been a problem that if we don't confine the topic of conversation to Charles and Camilla's marriage and events from 2005 on, it kind of trainwrecks the thread into rehashing the old, ancient, much discussed and much debated and sometimes overheated flame throwing on the triangle of Charles/Diana/Camilla. The moderators end up closing the thread and cleaning it up.

On the subject of their marriage, society changed and divorce in the 1990s was far more acceptable by society and the Church. Charles, Anne and Andrew all had their marriages end in divorce and they moved on. Anne remarried in the Church of Scotland, Charles had his marriage to Camilla blessed in the Church of England and Andrew hasn't remarried... yet. In the 1970s, I don't think it was opposition or anything that prevented Charles from marrying Camilla. He was in his young 20s and unsure of himself. Camilla chose to marry someone else. What did remain is a deep, lasting friendship that endured. Charles is even godfather to the Parker-Bowles' oldest son Tom. It laid the groundwork that would eventually lead to their marriage in 2005. Personally, I think their marriage is based more on a deep rooted, intimate and mature friendship than anything else.
Old 06-03-2013, 11:30 PM
Heir Presumptive

How much does Charles really care about how polished his significant other is. Camilla's image had to change because she was joining the RF and they already had one older frumpy woman who doesn't care how she looks with Princess Anne. Charles might have helped Camilla in some forms but I don't think and dresses better or does her hair better now just because she is married to Charles: I think she does it because she is married to the Prince of Wales and those around him and her had to replace private Down to Earth Camilla with Princess Camilla.
Jaqueline Bouvier Kennedy, September 12, 1953
Countess Stephanie of Belgium October 20, 2012
Old 06-04-2013, 10:36 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queen Camilla View Post
There are so many photos of C&C holding/touching hands or walking arm & arm.

One that shows how much Charles loves Camilla is the one helping her out of a boat while carrying her shoes.

Camilla Parker Bowles Photos - The Prince Of Wales And Duchess Of Cornwall Visit Australia - Day 5 - Zimbio
Such a great photo; any man who holds a barefoot lady's shoes is A+ in my book!
Old 06-04-2013, 10:43 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by XeniaCasaraghi View Post
How much does Charles really care about how polished his significant other is. Camilla's image had to change because she was joining the RF and they already had one older frumpy woman who doesn't care how she looks with Princess Anne. Charles might have helped Camilla in some forms but I don't think and dresses better or does her hair better now just because she is married to Charles: I think she does it because she is married to the Prince of Wales and those around him and her had to replace private Down to Earth Camilla with Princess Camilla.
That´s true, Anne is a rebellious lady in a way that she does not care how she looks or what other people think about her, that´s why I have a lot of respect and admiration for her

Whatever reason made Camilla change her wardrobe and hairstyle-I am glad that it happened and that today she looks nice most of the time! She has to represent her country and therefore she is expected to dress aprropriately in her public role when she is attending royal events.
What is also obvious to me: Charles truly loves her for who she is and does not care if she looks frumpy or if she has wild hair -that is clearly indicating that she must have a very good personality and great character which makes him love her so much!
. Helen Keller
Old 06-04-2013, 02:13 PM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
Welcome to TRF tspagett873 and its good to have ya here!!

One thing though about this thread. Its kind of a been a problem that if we don't confine the topic of conversation to Charles and Camilla's marriage and events from 2005 on, it kind of trainwrecks the thread into rehashing the old, ancient, much discussed and much debated and sometimes overheated flame throwing on the triangle of Charles/Diana/Camilla. The moderators end up closing the thread and cleaning it up.

On the subject of their marriage, society changed and divorce in the 1990s was far more acceptable by society and the Church. Charles, Anne and Andrew all had their marriages end in divorce and they moved on. Anne remarried in the Church of Scotland, Charles had his marriage to Camilla blessed in the Church of England and Andrew hasn't remarried... yet. In the 1970s, I don't think it was opposition or anything that prevented Charles from marrying Camilla. He was in his young 20s and unsure of himself. Camilla chose to marry someone else. What did remain is a deep, lasting friendship that endured. Charles is even godfather to the Parker-Bowles' oldest son Tom. It laid the groundwork that would eventually lead to their marriage in 2005. Personally, I think their marriage is based more on a deep rooted, intimate and mature friendship than anything else.
I am sorry, was my post deleted? I don't think I said anything inflammatory and in fact, I believe I said something to the effect that I truly believe things worked out as they were meant to in the end. I really believe this. I think the 70's was not the time for their romance to end in marriage at the time due to some of the conservative stances of the day from the BRF. I believe that they were both meant to marry other people at the time and have the lovely children that they now have, and end up together as they have in the end. Both sets of children seem to be very supportive and happy about this marriage and I believe as they say "All's well that ends well"...This pretty much sums up my entire opinion about Charles and Camilla.
Old 06-04-2013, 02:19 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by tspadgett873 View Post
...Both sets of children seem to be very supportive and happy about this marriage and I believe as they say "All's well that ends well"...This pretty much sums up my entire opinion about Charles and Camilla.
I agree that they were ultimately meant to be together. If all of their children are supportive, it must mean that they realize how happy their respective parent is.
Old 06-04-2013, 02:28 PM
Heir Apparent

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
I am sorry, was my post deleted? I don't think I said anything inflammatory and in fact, I believe I said something to the effect that I truly believe things worked out as they were meant to in the end. I really believe this. I think the 70's was not the time for their romance to end in marriage at the time due to some of the conservative stances of the day from the BRF. I believe that they were both meant to marry other people at the time and have the lovely children that they now have, and end up together as they have in the end. Both sets of children seem to be very supportive and happy about this marriage and I believe as they say "All's well that ends well"...This pretty much sums up my entire opinion about Charles and Camilla.
Looking back, it does look like its been removed but I don't think its so much that what you wrote was inflammatory, but probably because its so easy for any posts in this thread that even mention the first wife to start the triangle games yet again.

I totally agree with you that C&C's relationship is something that took almost a lifetime to evolve into what it is now.
Old 06-04-2013, 05:16 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Tspadgett873, Welcome to the forum. The moderators are very strict about keeping each thread on topic. There are threads that address Charles and Diana's marriage and people post a wide range of views, including some controversial views with no problem. I think its a good idea to give people the opportunity to discuss Camilla and Charles's marriage without having to wade through a number of posts about events that happened more than 15 years ago.

I agree that the marriage seems to be on solid ground. Charles in particular seems to be very relaxed and happy. I also agree that it is not just Princes William and Harry who have accepted the marriage, the Duchess's children and ex-husband seem to be on good terms with all involved.
Old 06-04-2013, 05:25 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:

I am sorry, was my post deleted? I don't think I said anything inflammatory
If your post was deleted it probably had nothing to do with it being inflammatory, the mods are sensitive about this thread and it easily turns into CnC vs Diana and they do a lot to prevent it and frequently close it because people start bickering over the triangle.

Is there a thread discussing the Charles and Camilla affair? And if not should there be, or is that not encouraged because it could become WWIII on here?
Old 06-04-2013, 05:55 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by XeniaCasaraghi View Post

If your post was deleted it probably had nothing to do with it being inflammatory, the mods are sensitive about this thread and it easily turns into CnC vs Diana and they do a lot to prevent it and frequently close it because people start bickering over the triangle.

Is there a thread discussing the Charles and Camilla affair? And if not should there be, or is that not encouraged because it could become WWIII on here?
I believe there is not, for the exact reasons that you listed.
Old 06-04-2013, 08:59 PM
Heir Presumptive

I think it would be better if there were a separate thread for it for exactly that reason. It wouldnt spill onto every other thread if there was a designated thread to discuss.
Old 06-04-2013, 09:15 PM
Heir Presumptive

I thought there was one. Perhaps it got too bloody and was closed.
Old 06-04-2013, 09:52 PM
Commoner

Thank you so much ladies /gentlemen for your responses. As I am new to the forum I am still learning "the ropes" so to speak. With the explanation that you all provided about staying on topic of C&C I do understand why it was deleted.
Old 06-05-2013, 12:57 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roslyn View Post
Perhaps? I wouldn't hit that thread drunk.
Old 06-05-2013, 03:31 AM
Heir Presumptive

There were two back in 2005, parts 1 and 2, but they were eventually closed (along with the Camilla as Queen thread) apparently because of fighting. I haven't read trough any of the threads beyond the final posts announcing the closures, but I wouldn't be surprised if the current strictness surrounding the issue was in part because of the problems that erupted in those threads.
Old 06-05-2013, 04:19 AM
Royal Highness

Well, it is sad that we cannot talk and discuss the love triangle without becoming violent and accusing each other for all kind of mean things. It does not reflect very good manners, because it should be possible to discusss the D-C-C relationship in a specially designed thread without WW III breaking out, after all it is an interesting topic and everyone has strong ideas & reasons to believe what they think about each person...that´s just my opinion:-)

Back to topic: I am happy that everyone involved seems to be ok with this relationship, Camilla & Charles plus all their children seem to be very happy and accept what has happened.Life goes on and it looks like it is very good at the moment for the couple, especially as they are certainly very excited for the new baby that will arrive soon!
. Helen Keller
Old 06-05-2013, 11:27 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi
Looking back, it does look like its been removed but I don't think its so much that what you wrote was inflammatory, but probably because its so easy for any posts in this thread that even mention the first wife to start the triangle games yet again.
Yes, the post in question, along with several others, was removed by a moderator because it did not address this thread's topic of 'The Marriage (2005 and on)'.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roslyn
There is (sort of): the 'C&C love story - the early days' thread in this subforum and the 'Charles and Diana' thread in the Diana subforum remain open.

Note: [not directed at Roslyn] Heated arguments, repeated fabrications and misstatements [lies], personal clashes, deliberate provocations, tasteless comments and anything else the Moderators deem inappropriate will be deleted without notice or apology.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scooter
I think it would be better if there were a separate thread for it for exactly that reason. It wouldnt spill onto every other thread if there was a designated thread to discuss.
Unfortunately bitter experience has proved this not to be the case.
Once the flames start rising, they invariably spread across all manner of threads and forums.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tspadgett873
As I am new to the forum I am still learning "the ropes" so to speak. With the explanation that you all provided about staying on topic of C&C I do understand why it was deleted.
Welcome to the Forums tspadgett873 and thank you for your gracious response.
Rest assured the Moderators and Administrators are very experienced and have good reason to keep a close eye on contentious topics. Most members understand and appreciate that ugly personal arguments conducted in a poisonous atmosphere do not make for an enjoyable or welcoming Forums environment.
Old 06-05-2013, 11:33 AM
Heir Presumptive

I was just thinking that a Thread specifically to discuss the triangle would stop people from binging it up in places they should ie this thread. But I'm sure such threads so not exist for a reason, as this one shows people can't follow the "2005 on" rules.

Tags
camilla, duchess of cornwall, marriage, prince charles, prince of wales