Old 07-09-2010, 05:24 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonmaiden23 View Post
I think thats wonderful, good for her!
Well said!

Old 07-14-2010, 05:47 PM

Charles And Camilla In Marriage Crisis - UK & World News - News - People.co.uk

PRINCE Charless marriage to Camilla is in trouble after just five years, The People can reveal.

The couple, who first met 40 years ago, are virtually living separate lives as the Duchess of Cornwall struggles to cope with her royal duties.

----
(Of course he would say this! What else is he going to say? They will never admit there are problems. - TrueBrits, London)

Old 07-14-2010, 07:26 PM
Royal Highness

A marriage obviously on the rocks ...

from july 1st

http://i47.tinypic.com/333zns5.jpg

from july 12th

http://i31.tinypic.com/2llzz1h.jpg

from july 13th

http://i27.tinypic.com/2rm7aly.jpg

BtW thanks a lot for this rather discreet post
Old 07-15-2010, 05:11 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

There's nothing wrong with this couple, they look as happy as ever.
Old 07-15-2010, 09:44 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nico View Post

A marriage obviously on the rocks ...
Well said!
Old 07-15-2010, 10:37 AM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
There's nothing wrong with this couple, they look as happy as ever.
Amen to that! Iceflower posted some great pictures from the reception Camila hosted for veterans recently. Reading the article, it stated that Charles made a surprise appearance. I could just imagine Charles walking in and saying "Honey.... I'm home! Ooooh coookies!!" like any other husband coming home while his wife in entertaining.

I'm sure Charles was much the Prince and was very proper but I could imagine that scenario with those two.
Old 07-15-2010, 10:41 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
I could just imagine Charles walking in and saying "Honey.... I'm home! Ooooh coookies!!" like any other husband coming home while his wife in entertaining.
Or
"Hi, Honey i'm home. Just going to talk to my plants and then we can have some organic food"
Old 07-15-2010, 10:58 AM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Now that is definitely more Charles' personality!
Old 07-15-2010, 02:14 PM
Majesty

Very funny!
Old 07-17-2010, 09:13 AM

These photographs prove nothing. It's called show business and Charles and his family know how to perform. The Queen made her feelings well known when she upstaged Camilla by wearing white when Charles and Camilla got 'married'. The love of Charles' life is Charles and always will be.

The wedding secret Charles must take to his grave: Legal advice on Camilla marriage sealed until after his death

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1265095/Charles--Camilla-marriage-Legal-advice-sealed-Princes-death.html
Old 07-17-2010, 09:26 AM
Imperial Majesty

Truebrits

These articles were posted when they first appeared and we have discussed them in the appropriate fora.

I am aware that you are a newbie here and I hope that you will enjoy being here but please realise that we have people who post these links on the days they appear in the press and discuss them then.
Old 07-17-2010, 11:22 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
These photographs prove nothing. It's called show business and Charles and his family know how to perform
Hum yes of course.... So it's clearly an Oscar material performance :

Getty Images - Unsupported browser detected
Old 07-17-2010, 05:11 PM
Commoner

Maybe it would have been so, and if it had been so then maybe Diana wouldn't have been in that accident and died and also then Harry and William would not have been. Charles marriage to Diana is what shaped alot of things that are today because of it. I think if he had married Camilla then things would have been completely different but I think he might have married her if Diana wasn't in the picture but then again maybe the RF might not have accepted it.
Old 07-17-2010, 06:41 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

I'm sorry, but what's the point of all the discussion about the colour of Her Majesty's coat?
Old 07-17-2010, 08:49 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
I'm sorry, but what's the point of all the discussion about the colour of Her Majesty's coat?
Can't agree more. It's a rather bizarre, and old, theory from some people (well naturally from some people not very fan to C&C to be exact) that HM was making an anti Camilla statement by wearing an alleged white outfit during the 2005 wedding (and upstage the bride).
IMHO it's perfectly ridiculous, first as the said outfit was obviously yellow (but apparently it's not so obvious, anyway...) and second as Lumutqueen pointed out HM is far too clever and wise to wear a contreversial outfit during a rather sensitive event.
That's said some people have their opinion (well sometimes against the obvious imho) and it must be respected....
Old 07-18-2010, 09:18 AM
Administrator in Memoriam

The ridiculous diversion arguing that the Queen was wearing white rather than yellow has been removed.

Warren
British Forums moderator
Old 07-20-2010, 04:16 PM
Commoner

All marriages have highs and lows prince charles and camilla live thEIR life in fish bowl also when couples get older there is not the need to be with each other 24/7
Old 07-20-2010, 05:20 PM
Heir Apparent

I believe they understand that and are making the most of it. With and without each other then relating their day to one another in the evening.
Old 07-21-2010, 05:16 AM
Majesty

I have no doubt C&C have an appreciation of the hoops they had to get through to get where they now are, and have come to an arrangement that works for them. She does the requisitie public duties, and is probably allowed time to spend on her own, and with her children and grand children. I also have no doubts that they have disagreements, as do muost couples, but on the whole, I suspect the marriage works just fine.
Old 07-21-2010, 09:35 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by truebrits View Post
These photographs prove nothing. It's called show business and Charles and his family know how to perform. The Queen made her feelings well known when she upstaged Camilla by wearing white when Charles and Camilla got 'married'. The love of Charles' life is Charles and always will be.
Hmm, I thought it the prettiest of primrose but what the hell.

If you want to show that you disapprove of your son's new wife you do not make a public spectical of yourself at the wedding. You do it subtley, and in the Queen's case, with a jewelers box!

The very first "Tiara" event was both very special and very important and as far back as February 2005 we started speculating for months over which one, if any, the Queen would bestow upon her, we also wondered if she would end up wearing her own.

In the event it was the incredible and historically significant Delhi Durbar, a tiara that most of us thought would never see the light of day for another thirty years or more let alone adorning Camilla's head, and her daughter-in-law returned the favour by looking terrific. That the Queen subsequently followed it up with the Bucheron, her own mother's favourite, spoke volumes and emphatically underlined her feelings about Camilla.

Tags
camilla, duchess of cornwall, marriage, prince charles, prince of wales