The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 06-29-2010, 04:03 PM
Nobility

daily mail article on the marriage.

[QUOTE=Lumutqueen;1104271]From the article

It is not that strange that a woman after such a major surgery would want to be in peace and quiet and surrounded by female family members. Most men are not just that good when it comes to illness-changing bedpans and pads etc. Some are. Prince Charles does not strike me as the type who can do home health nursing. That doesn't mean he is not a good and caring husband -people have different strengths. This does not make for a "strange marriage".

It seems that HighGrove has become over the years a country business office-there's a store, tours of the gardens-it is very beautiful in photos but is it really a relaxing place. Same for Clarence House.

The public does not know if Prince Charles goes with her to Raymill when he is not at work. It really is nobody's business.

It is interesting that most of the negative comments in the Daily Mail were regarding the taxpayer's part of security of Prince Charles/Camilla 's home and not the usual anti Camilla remarks (there were a few).

Old 06-29-2010, 04:33 PM
Nobility

I've noticed that a lot of the negative comments regarding all members of the Royal Family these days relates to their expenses. This is not unusual giving the poor economy. People everywhere are complaining about taxes and government expenditures.

But as for the marriage, it can be very difficult for two people who marry late in life to get used to each other's habits and merge their two lifestyles. It's not unusual that we may be seeing some of this, even if it's the Daily Mail reporting it.

One thing that did catch my attention is that Charles hasn't embraced having Camilla's grandchildren over at Highgrove because he likes his peace and quiet. Maybe he'll change his tune when William and Harry give him grandchildren to play with!

Old 06-29-2010, 04:39 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by angieuk View Post
...I think they are happy leading their own separate lives but still enjoying each ether's company whenever they meet up and get together again.
Well said. And I see nothing wrong with this. Whatever pleases them.
Besides, we should never forget they're both mature people that didn't get married in their 20s.
Old 06-29-2010, 05:01 PM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thena View Post
One thing that did catch my attention is that Charles hasn't embraced having Camilla's grandchildren over at Highgrove because he likes his peace and quiet. Maybe he'll change his tune when William and Harry give him grandchildren to play with!
I don't see that happening. Charles himself had a rather austere and formal childhood and I think it was mostly Diana that was the hands on person with Wills and Harry.
Some men are just like that though.
Old 06-29-2010, 06:19 PM
Nobility

article

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
I don't see that happening. Charles himself had a rather austere and formal childhood and I think it was mostly Diana that was the hands on person with Wills and Harry.
I think that he was hands on with his boys.
Laura PB seems to like to be out of the public eye (compared to her brother), so we don't know how often Prince Charles spends time with her children. Same goes for Tom's kids.
Old 06-29-2010, 07:15 PM
Royal Highness

Bah this article is a nonsense itself :

"We are not talking about a constitutional crisis, or a split or separation between Charles and Camilla "

Read more: Why Charles and Camilla are now living such separate lives | Mail Online
Old 06-29-2010, 07:50 PM
Heir Apparent

But Sthreats, Tom Parker Bowles by writing books etc NEEDS to be visible by the public, his livelihood depends on it !
Anyway I would so much love to see the twins !
Old 06-29-2010, 07:54 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by rominet09 View Post
But Sthreats, Tom Parker Bowles by writing books etc NEEDS to be visible by the public, his livelihood depends on it !
Anyway I would so much love to see the twins !
It was not a negative comment re Tom.
Old 06-29-2010, 09:19 PM
Majesty

I'm just trying to imagine those two in those roles; and, you know, it works!

Quote:
Camilla is more of a Roseanne who is marries to Charles the obsessive/compulsive Monk type.
Old 06-30-2010, 03:05 AM
Heir Apparent

This is a tricky one for me. I'm a Diana fan so this is tricky subject but I've thought about it for while now and here are my two cents on this whole thing is I wouldn't doubt the story but I def think them living apart doesn't necessarily mean separation. From everything I heard the palaces do seem a bit stuffy and I can understand where Camilla is coming from. Also I wouldn't doubt Charles might be picky with certain things. Also he's never seemed the type of person who was able to take care of someone else, just judging from everything I've read. BUT I don't think anything from the article points to separation they're just doing what they need to do in order to get on, if that means Camilla every once in a while just getting away going back home to where she's used to living then that's fine. You do what you need to do no questions asked.
Old 06-30-2010, 08:02 AM
Courtier

Perhaps Camilla is realising what Diana always said that Charles was selfish and a little bit cold as a husband???? Diana and Camilla both strike me as warm women and Charles is lucky to have them.
Old 06-30-2010, 10:32 AM
Administrator

Well here my pennies regarding the situation:

The whole thing strikes me as odd but I can see a bit of truth in it but then again, Who cares?! Besides us, I mean.

I can certainly see and understand if Camilla is having trouble adjusting to life in the fishbowl. Living on the outside the fishbowl is a big difference then living inside one. I can also see how both Charles and Camilla can have trouble adjusting to "married" life. Its quite different to date someone and basically live with them and share their life then become married. You can't just go home (even though Camilla has her own place). Basically I mean you just cant walk away. I can also understand why she would want her own place for her family to visit and just be her.

All those things aside, as the Duchess of Windsor once said (and I am paraphrasing) its hard living the Romance of the Century 24/7.

Old 06-30-2010, 11:15 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:

A lot of people say that but a couple of images come to mind that would suggest othewise notably to me was Harry down at the flowers outside Balmoral and he reached back without looking and Charles hand was there (sure something could have been said) but it looked natural to me - a son seeking the loving comfort of his remaining parent. There are also the scenes of the boys and Charles romping together on the lawns at Highgrove in the Dimbleby interview. Another one I have read is that scene of Diana embracing boys as they ran up the gangplank stops rolling before the equally effusive greeting is given to Charles and by Charles (it was Richard Kay I think where I read that). Charles was less demonstrative in public than Diana but I do get the impression that once the real baby stage was passed he was very hands on with them - as much as Diana but in private.
Old 06-30-2010, 11:32 PM
Majesty

I remember most of the incidents you are referring to too.
In no way was I referring to the fact that Charles isn't and wasn't a loving father to the boys. He most certainly is and is close with both of his sons.

There was a remark in the article where it was stated that Charles doesn't care for the noise and mess that little ones can cause. Many men, my ex husband included, really don't get involved with their children until they get more "people" like and past the baby stages.
This is one reason I think Camilla feels more "at home" with her grandchildren at Ray Mill and they can be themselves without worrying about upsetting Charles or Highgrove. I'm sure Charles will make an excellent grampa to Wills and Harry's children but don't see him letting his hair down and loving the antics and mess that comes with children of a very small size.
Old 06-30-2010, 11:41 PM
Majesty

Its true that all his life Charles has had people look out for him and there never was a time where he was required to look out for anyone else than himself. I do recall recently though pictures of Camilla in a wheelchair being pushed by Charles at some event. He very easily could have passed that job onto someone else but he didn't. He genuinely cares for and loves Camilla but I've often read too how much he loves his solitude so I think this arrangement that they have works excellent for the two of them.
Old 07-04-2010, 07:34 PM
Royal Highness

They just can't get enough ...

Is it all in the timing? If you didn't get him up the aisle within three years your marriage could well be doomed | Mail Online
Old 07-05-2010, 02:12 AM
Imperial Majesty

If the premise of this article is right then William and Harry should be looking for other partners as well.
Old 07-05-2010, 03:02 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

They are only creating articles on Charles and Camilla because William and Harry aren't doing anything that exciting.
Old 07-05-2010, 05:19 PM
Nobility

It seems to me that these marital troubles articles are just a lot more entertaining for the media than reporting on the actual work that Charles and Camilla do! I've been noticing recently that there's less coverage of public engagements by the couple unless editors can work in a shot of someone looking uncomfortable.

And that last article really seem to be about Charles and Camilla at all! It was just convenient to use them as an example.
Old 07-08-2010, 01:29 PM
Majesty

I am no fan of Camilla-far from it-but I will defend her and the position she seems to be in here...by all accounts the Prince of Wales is not an easy man to live with...Camilla to her credit has fought to maintain her independence and her ties to her old life, especially her children and grand-children.

I think thats wonderful, good for her!

And as another poster has pointed out, these are not starry eyed young people we are discussing..they are a couple in middle-age who have been together many years, who know one another well, and who have settled into a way of life that works for both of them.

I would be surprised if there was any truth to the DM story at all.

Tags
camilla, duchess of cornwall, marriage, prince charles, prince of wales