The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 09-27-2018, 07:14 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Charles & Camilla: Official Visits to The Gambia, Ghana & Nigeria -Oct 31-Nov 8, 2018

Just announced: The Prince of Wales and The Duchess of Cornwall will visit The Gambia , Ghana and Nigeria from 31 October - 8 November.

The visits will highlight the importance of the countries’ Commonwealth ties.

Key themes of the visits include youth opportunity, the environment and sustainability, literacy and religious and cultural diversity.

https://twitter.com/clarencehouse/st...901476864?s=21

Old 09-27-2018, 09:00 PM
Heir Presumptive

I expect we will be seeing a lot of Commonwealth themed visits now that Charles has been confirmed as the next Head of Commonwealth.
Although, I think he’s basically visited almost all Commonwealth countries, but some of those were probably a long time ago. And Camilla hasn’t been to any of these three before.

Old 09-28-2018, 06:34 AM
Majesty

I was expecting a trip to Africa, it's been a while since they have been.
Old 09-28-2018, 08:43 AM
Royal Highness

It starts the day the Sussex tour ends. They planned that well. I am looking forward to them. Big year for Prince Charles.
Old 10-24-2018, 11:07 AM
Administrator

Ahead of their visit to The Gambia, Ghana and Nigeria the Prince of Wales and the Duchess of Cornwall hosted a reception at St James's Palace today, October 24:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** gettyimages gallery ** rex gallery ** dailymail article **
Old 10-28-2018, 03:26 PM
Nobility

Hopefully its a success!
Old 10-30-2018, 05:11 AM
Majesty

Are the detailed tour itenararies out yet?
Old 10-30-2018, 06:06 AM
Imperial Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
I'm glad to see that Charles and Camilla are going to visit Gambia. It serves as a nice welcome back to the Commonwealth kind of thing.

Looking forward to following this tour.
No law can be sacred to me but that of my nature. Good and bad are but names very readily transferable to that or this; the only right is what is after my constitution, the only wrong what is against it.

~~~Ralph Waldo Emerson~~~
Old 10-30-2018, 01:40 PM
Heir Apparent

Old 10-30-2018, 10:04 PM
Imperial Majesty

I wonder how much coverage there actually will be.

Most of the royal press pack are still with Harry and Meghan and I doubt that after well over two weeks away they will want to head off to West Africa.

There certainly won't be the same level of interest or coverage in this tour, sadly, but that is now the reality - the celebrity style of the younger royals rates over the more sedate and often more serious activities of the older royals.
Old 10-31-2018, 04:55 PM
Administrator

I'm looking forward to this tour! Here's a first article about the beginning today:

** dailymail: Charles and Camilla are given a colourful welcome as they touch down in The Gambia to kick off nine-day Africa tour..**
Old 11-01-2018, 09:16 AM
Administrator

Day 2 of the Prince of Wales and the Duchess of Cornwall's visit today:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** Pic 5 ** Pic 6 ** Pic 7 ** Pic 8 ** Pic 9 **

** dailymail: Getting the VIP treatment! Prince Charles and Camilla receive a royal welcome as they begin their first full day of engagements in The Gambia ..**
Old 11-01-2018, 07:47 PM
Heir Presumptive

Court Circular 31st October:
The Prince of Wales this morning departed from Royal Air Force Brize Norton for the Gambia.

The Prince of Wales and The Duchess of Cornwall were received this evening upon arrival at Banjul International Airport by The President of the Republic of the Gambia and the British High Commissioner to the Republic of the Gambia (Her Excellency Ms Sharon Wardle).

Their Royal Highnesses later attended a Reception at Coco Ocean Hotel, One Bamboo Drive, Kombo Coastal Road, Serrekunda.

Mr Scott Furssedonn-Wood, Mr Julian Payne, Mrs Eva Williams, Professor Charles Deakin, Commander Iain Kearsley and Mrs Amanda MacManus were in attendance.
Old 11-01-2018, 10:45 PM
Imperial Majesty

What I found interesting in that CC entry is that Camilla didn't leave the UK with Charles.

We know she doens't like the heat and when she has to go to a hot venue she often goes to a 'spa' in India to prepare.

I wonder if she also went somewhere like that and meet up with Charles for the final leg of the flight into the Gambia as they both arrived togther but didn't leave together.

Does anybody know if there are any actual reporters with Charles and Camilla on this tour? These seems to be virtually no coverage at all - sadly.

To even find the ONE article on the DM you have to scroll to the very bottom of the page.
Old 11-02-2018, 03:34 AM
Imperial Majesty

The night of 1 November the President Barrow of The Gambia hosted a State Dinner for The Prince and The Duchess.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Dq87w4tWoAAlzZ4.jpg
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Dq87w4PWsAALrCb.jpg
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Dq87w5VXcAAuBzX.jpg
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Dq87w4_WoAADhts.jpg

https://www.instagram.com/p/BpqMHnIA-TA/
Old 11-02-2018, 06:00 AM
Administrator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iluvbertie View Post
Does anybody know if there are any actual reporters with Charles and Camilla on this tour? These seems to be virtually no coverage at all - sadly.

To even find the ONE article on the DM you have to scroll to the very bottom of the page.
Richard Palmer (Daily Express) and Jack Royston (The Sun). I recall one of the female RRs tweeting they were going on the C&C tour after the H&M tour, but I can't remember who it was (nor can I find the tweet).

Arthur Edwards is there, Chris Jackson is meeting them in Ghana.

ETA - Rebecca English (Daily Mail) is the reporter, she will be there for the Ghana and Nigeria legs.
Old 11-02-2018, 01:55 PM
Administrator

Here's an article with some more photos of today:

** dailymail: Greetings from Ghana! Accra rolls out the red carpet for Charles and Camilla as they touch down from ..**
Old 11-02-2018, 06:50 PM
Imperial Majesty

Prince of Wales and Duchess of Cornwall attended a reception at the British High Commissioner’s Residence tonight.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DrByZ2bXgAA8UMk.jpg

And a surprise birthday cake for Prince Charles at the Reception.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DrB0TvrW4AcgMyp.jpg
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DrB0TvpX4AMiu7t.jpg
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DrB0TvnWwAEehhM.jpg