Charles & Camilla: How has your opinion changed since the wedding?

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
When my interest in British Royal Family began, I only heard bad things about Camilla, and therefore, believed her to be a person who lacked any sort of morals. However, as years went on, I realized that in all fairness, one cannot help who s/he falls in love with. The bottom line is, Charles and Camilla make each other happy, and for that reason alone, I'm more than good with their marriage. Not all of us are lucky enough to find our 'other half' and I would think they found that in one another. You can see it in their facial expressions (and the fact that Charles smiles a little bit more), so in my eyes, it's all good.

I. Agree with most of the above except I think you can help who you. 'Fall in love with'. Married people can have friends but they have to be careful not to let the talks and verbal intimacy go to far. That being said I think despite past mistakes ChaRles and Camilla are a good couple. They seem to bring out the best in each other

Last edited by a moderator:
I never really had a feeling about Camilla as a person because she was never in the public eye really.

My partisanship in Camilla's favor over the years was caused by a technicality - I have always felt she was being lied about, I always felt that Diana was savaging the woman, bullying her in a public way. It was chilling to watch. When I realized that Camilla was saying absolutely nothing through-out all of it, I paid attention. I sensed that here was someone of substance. I did not have enough information or exposure to like her but my respect for her grew as I saw her life destroyed as she sustained the nastiness directed at her by the press (egged on by Diana) like a pack of baying hounds. I am one of those who strongly feels that it was Camilla who was wronged by Diana - not vive-versa. - and my hope is that were Diana to have lived and matured in a healthy way she would have undone the damage wrought upon Camilla.

I was startled by the marriage, truth to say, took me by surprise, but in retrospect, it was inspired and tells us that Camilla is not who we were being told she was. More significantly, Charles very likely was finally making a decision that was his - for his own happiness - and for the creation of a solid family life - rather than do yet again what others or a press or a public 'told' him to do or expected him to. He moved on and it was heartening that he had someone to move on with.

Since the wedding my opinion of her has only been verified - this is a woman of considerable inner substance. One has only to look at those around her, she has the respect and affection of all she comes into contact with it seems - not only her husband but also her step children and her in-laws. It seems she has also created a sound and healthy family life for her husband and step-children as well as her own children after divorce - not an easy thing for anyone who has stepped into the step-parent role, but especially in Camilla's case with the drama of the past.

I just found out that William and Kate are using Clarence House for their London base for now - that says something. Camilla is maintaining a welcoming and warm household - she has created a solid family base. Its probably not a household like we 'normal' people have where we live in close proximity - but to even want to be in one's father's and his wife's house says tons.

They do look happy - its a mature relationship. Camilla has really done her duty - been a friend of a kind rarely found. She deserves any honor Charles wishes to bestow on her, I think. She demonstrates what a Queen should be and I think the British should be proud of her. IMO - not that anyone is asking. :D

Sorry, but none of this means that - at some time in the distant future - Camilla would be acceptable as Queen to the British public.

It's a bit like Queen Elizabeth who had to wait for decades before she could visit the Republic of Ireland.

Sorry, but none of this means that - at some time in the distant future - Camilla would be acceptable as Queen to the British public.

It's a bit like Queen Elizabeth who had to wait for decades before she could visit the Republic of Ireland.
But when the Queen visited Ireland, she was treated with respect. I don't think Camilla should be treaded any other way.

Do the British public trust HM's judgment? Camilla was acceptable as Queen to Queen Elizabeth II, otherwise she would not have given her consent to Charles marrying her. HM knows that once Charles is king, Camilla will be Queen.

I am genuinely happy for them. I never felt the disdain that many felt for her for many years. Both Charles and Diana had affairs, yet Diana evokes all the sympathy. Diana was just more canny with the media. I mean no disrespect towards her, I am a fan of hers. But both sides played dirty, lets be honest here.

I think she should be accepted as Queen personally. She will be the wife of a King after all. But I can't see it happening.

If Prince Charles had married Diana's sister or his cousin Mountbatten's grand daughter or even the princess of Belgium or any other woman. Camilla would have kept her distance.

I also think that if Charles had married someone else of his own choosing (lets say Amanda Knatchbull who I believe turned him down), things would have been an entirely different ball of wax. Camilla would most certainly still be in the picture but it would be more in the context of Camilla and Andrew as part of the "Highgrove set". The friendship between Camilla and Charles was something that was never going to go away. I do think that both Charles and Camilla did enter their first marriages with the intent and commitment to having a strong marriage but as time went by, it just didn't work out that way. Three out of the four in the two couples found lasting happiness elsewhere. One didn't.

sorry to interrupt, but is there a thread with videos and pictures of the wedding day? I looked for, but couldn't find it. tnks in advance

Whilst the conversation appears to have digressed from the topic of the thread, I suspect different people might have divergent views on who was wronged most during the marriages of the Wales' and the PBs and the divorces that followed. Could it be the 4 children? APB? Diana? Charles? Camilla? The Crown?

Last edited by a moderator:
It has diverged and not in a good....this thread isn't about whose to blame for the marriage breakdown (not sure how many times this needs to be stated) or who seeks/needs forgiveness.

Let's get back on topic.

The "Charles and Camilla: How has your opinion changed since the wedding?" thread has now been running for almost three and a half years and the discussion has once again become very repetitive. As there appears to be little to be added to the subject the thread is now closed.

The British Forum moderators
Warren, wbenson and Zonk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom