The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > The Prince of Wales and the Duchess of Cornwall

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 11-25-2010, 08:30 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madame Royale View Post
And I don't really see how the post you replied too, would have encouraged.......
I can see a reason in the first sentence of the post quoted by lucien. It tempted me, too, but I managed to refrain. A new poster's fresh comments on a subject about which you have strong opinions can be hard to resist.

As for the "intended" business, The Powers That Be were faced with a real difficulty at the time. I have no problem at all with "intended" as legitimate intentions can change depending on circumstances, and I always expected the issue to be revisited in due course. Something had to be said at the time though, because the fact Camilla would become Queen automatically when Charles becomes King would have been, and was, pounced on by Diana fanatics and other people who consider the infidelity/divorce issue to be enough to stop Camilla being Queen. I am sure Charles wants his beloved wife to be his Queen but even he must have known that the reaction to the engagement would be more hostile and damaging if it were stated at the time that Camilla would become Queen. As it is they left their options open, which I think was wise and the most practical course. Camilla has now had a chance to prove herself, and, hopefully, will have many more years to prove herself more. Charles has tested the waters again now, and the result is interesting. I think that in time there will be little real resistance to Camilla becoming Queen.

Old 11-25-2010, 08:59 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
A new poster's fresh comments on a subject about which you have strong opinions can be hard to resist.
But truly, is that what it's become? That every 'fresh' opinion expressed by someone new needs to be counter balanced by what usually becomes a 'mud slide' of negativity? If so, I find that quite juvenile myself.

Those who have posted for some time would have well and truly expressed their opinions, so to reiterate them (especially those laden with negativity) at every opportunity says to me that they have a real hang up over it. It bemuses me, and this comes back to what I mentioned the other day about 'royal watchers' being so incredibly prejudiced. People have this urge, this need, to regurgitate what has already been said just because they can, not because it's adding any real value to the discussion as is the general hope of someone who is posting for the first time.

Please don't get we wrong, I'm not suggesing that if you have said something before, then theres no reason to mention it again. Not at all. But really, the post I questioned brought absolutely nothing to the equation and in my opinion was quite insensitive in that a woman who was known to have suffered from psychological illness (as an eating dissorder and depression well qualifies as being) can quite flippantly be referred to as a 'loose gun' and someone who had no real purpose in life other than to have her photo taken and manipulate her surrounds, is a pitiful contribution to the thread.

And whilst replying to your post, my response isn't directed at you, Ros

"Dressing is a way of life" - Monsieur Saint Laurent
Old 11-26-2010, 12:38 AM
Heir Presumptive

Best post I've read in a while. Its sad that today some people still don't understand the seriousness of mental illness, which is certainly no joking matter.
Old 11-26-2010, 03:34 AM
Heir Presumptive

I didn't read the original post as joking about, or even mentioning, Diana's psychological problems, just stating the reasons the poster considered she was unsuitable for the role she married into. Is a person who has psychological problems not to be criticised at all merely because they do have such problems?

Tricky subject though and probably best not to say any more. Not the place.
Old 11-26-2010, 11:28 AM
Heir Presumptive

There is a big difference between constructively criticising someone and making fun of someone. No one said Diana shouldn't be criticised but is it necessary for one to go out of his or her way to insult her and call her names to make their arguments valid? And that's same for Charles and Camilla. I have read comments before where people will state their dislike for the two and say derogatory things about them. Its not necesarry nor is it productive.
Old 11-26-2010, 11:50 AM
Heir Apparent

A 'loose gun' (often known as a 'loose canon') is clearly in reference to Diana's psychological health and her subsequent tendencies to become irrational and depressed. I'm sure some will suggest it wasn't meant that way, but by definition, that is what being a 'loose gun' means.

Acknowledging that there were underlying reasons which encouraged the behaviour would have been a most suitable explanation as to why that person felt that Diana would have always found it difficult in that position. But to character assassinate the woman the way they chose too is very much lacking in consideration towards something that is a very real issue, and no doubt was a very difficult issue for her.

Calling her a 'loose gun', likening her to the small children she had once looked after, being a whiner, nothing worthwhile...It's a horrible way to speak of someone and wasn't relevant to the discussion. There are other ways of stressing a point than having to speak so poorly of someone.

She was certainly no saint, but she also wasn't a well woman for many years and it would appear some prefer to just categorise her as having been a 'trivial waste of space' which is a horrible way to speak of someone. She was anything but that. Just as Camilla is anything but a waste of space.

Old 11-28-2010, 10:09 PM
Aristocracy

Prior to Princess Diana marrying to Charles she did not have a past, on her wedding day as I had a bracelet which was meant for Camilla was mistakingly placed on the table with Diana's b of flowers. While Diana and charles were on their honeymoon Charles spoke to Camilla at length at a few gatherings where Camilla happened to be present, Charles disappeared and was found with Camilla, during a sking trip in Swizerland one of Charles bodyguards tried to save Charles from an Avelange the man died when Diana heard, on arriving home Diana ran to embrace Charles he pushed her off hatefully. In the course of a jolly conversation between them he told her remember to whom you are speaking "your future king" he himself told the world that he was not in love with her though he lied to the world on their wedding day before God and the world. I am quoting from a book from one of Diana and Charles butler who have since expired and the media. Who are we to judge? but there is something called Retribution which no one can escape wether King or Peasant.

Which one of you being in Diana position or any of your female relative or friend how would you have prevailed? knowing an older woman was a threat to your marriage.

Everyone like to be loved it was built in us by our creator. Diana was looking for love unfortunately in the wrong places her own white Englishman try to disgrace her. after that she tried to seek love in foreign places. Ofcourse she had become a little unbalanced.

Prince Charles and Camilla are the two most selfish people I have ever read about. Remember the saga includes Camilla's husband and their children as well as Charles and Diana's Children and now there are grandchildren and would be grand children.
Old 11-28-2010, 10:34 PM
Heir Presumptive

This does not affect Charles' non-existent grandchildren.

And if they are the most selfish people you've ever read about, you clearly haven't read about much.
"The grass was greener / The light was brighter / The taste was sweeter / The nights of wonder / With friends surrounded / The dawn mist glowing / The water flowing / The endless river / Forever and ever........ "
Old 11-28-2010, 10:47 PM
Heir Apparent

I think you have it all quite wrong, Hilda.

Perhaps if you allow yourself the possibility of being subjective, then you will come to see that neither Charles or Camilla are the horrible people you seem to think they are.

They both have very great qualities and are well suited to each other and deserve to be happy, just as Diana would have been most deserving of any such happiness had of she still been alive today.

Old 11-29-2010, 05:58 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hilda Thomas View Post
Prior to Princess Diana marrying to Charles she did not have a past, on her wedding day as I had a bracelet which was meant for Camilla was mistakingly placed on the table with Diana's b of flowers. While Diana and charles were on their honeymoon Charles spoke to Camilla at length at a few gatherings where Camilla happened to be present, Charles disappeared and was found with Camilla, during a sking trip in Swizerland one of Charles bodyguards tried to save Charles from an Avelange the man died when Diana heard, on arriving home Diana ran to embrace Charles he pushed her off hatefully. In the course of a jolly conversation between them he told her remember to whom you are speaking "your future king" he himself told the world that he was not in love with her though he lied to the world on their wedding day before God and the world. I am quoting from a book from one of Diana and Charles butler who have since expired and the media. Who are we to judge? but there is something called Retribution which no one can escape wether King or Peasant.
Okay,
1; She has never been nor ever will be Princess Diana.
2; You have got all this information from a book, hardly the most trust worty source. Have you only ever read this book? If so, you have a very very biased argument.
3; Charles said "Whatever love is", that does not mean he was not in love with her.

Quote:
Which one of you being in Diana position or any of your female relative or friend how would you have prevailed? knowing an older woman was a threat to your marriage.
If I had been in Diana's position, I probably would have known my place and not tried to change a system that had been in place for hundreds of years.

Quote:
Prince Charles and Camilla are the two most selfish people I have ever read about. Remember the saga includes Camilla's husband and their children as well as Charles and Diana's Children and now there are grandchildren and would be grand children.
If you think they are selfish, you haven't read a lot about them.
What saga?
Laura, Thomas, William and Harry seem very happy with the marraige.
Old 11-29-2010, 10:57 AM
Heir Presumptive

Well, I have read a lot about them and I too would consider Charles and Camilla selfish as well, based upon their actions. You are entitled to your opinion Iluvbertie, just as other are entitled to theirs.
Old 11-29-2010, 04:51 PM
Administrator

Let's not revisit the Camilla/Charles/Diana triangle.

And let's stay away from the Diana psych profile...the subject of the thread is Charles and Camilla...has your opinion changed since the wedding?

Everything else is off topic and will be deleted.

Old 11-30-2010, 03:17 PM
Nobility

Well, I felt a bit hostile towards Camilla (and Charles, too) when Charles and Diana's marriage broke up. And I was curious about how she would fit in when they got married. But Charles appears to be much happier, and they seem like a great couple, and she seems to be doing very well. I'm impressed with how she has taken up royal duties even when suffering from a broken leg. I can't imagine any reason why she shouldn't be Queen when Charles becomes King. I think she will do a very good job. But in any case, it's always been true that the king's wife is the queen.
Old 11-30-2010, 05:33 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by scooter View Post
Well, I have read a lot about them and I too would consider Charles and Camilla selfish as well, based upon their actions. You are entitled to your opinion Iluvbertie, just as other are entitled to theirs.

Why have you mentioned my name?

I haven't posted in this thread for over a week and not in the current discussion.
Old 11-30-2010, 09:43 PM
Heir Presumptive

You are quite right 'Bertie, it was Lumutqueen I was replying directly after. My apologies!
Old 12-02-2010, 12:41 AM
Heir Presumptive

Why would Christopher Wilson make this up then? Kate Middleton: Will Camilla have to curtsey to wife of future king? | Mail Online

He's quoting Brian Hoey, who certainly would know, as stating that when Kate's married, Beatrice should curtsey to Kate, but won't. He also quote un-identified courtiers as saying similar things.
Old 12-02-2010, 12:50 AM
Heir Apparent

If someone showed me a picture of a princess curtsying to another princess, I might buy the story.
Old 12-02-2010, 04:48 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mermaid1962 View Post
If someone showed me a picture of a princess curtsying to another princess, I might buy the story.
There is certainly the youtube video of Princess Anne curtseying to Princess Camilla at Ascot a few years ago.
Old 12-02-2010, 04:58 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

She isn't a Princess.

I have never seen a princess curtsey to another one, only Princesses curtseying to Queens/Kings.
Old 12-02-2010, 06:01 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
She isn't a Princess.

Camilla doesn't have to be a princess for others to have to curtsey to her. If Charles is present, just about everyone has to curtsey to his wife, who shares his status on the occasion, and his status is second only to the Monarch.

I have never seen a princess curtsey to another one, only Princesses curtseying to Queens/Kings.
If Anne did indeed curtsey to Camilla, Charles would have been lurking VERY close by, and I am sure it would have occurred immediately after a very heated discussion on the subject.

I hunted around on youtube for a pic of any HRH curtseying to any other HRH, and couldn't find one. I would be delighted to see evidence of it happening.

Tags
camilla, duchess of cornwall, prince charles, prince of wales, relationships, royal duties