The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > The Prince of Wales and the Duchess of Cornwall

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 09-24-2006, 11:38 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by RubyPrincess168
What I have read of them comes from British press (a bit bias?) and American tabloids (the truth?).
The press print stories it thinks will make people buy their papers, I don't believe any of them are able to tell the truth, whether they are British, American or the upper reaches of the moon. Be that as it may, to base your dislikes solely on what you have read, without even thinking their might be two, three or four sides to the story, is IMO, a little shortsighted.

Camilla is Charles' wife, they make each other happy it would seem and who would want anyone to live a miserable life.

Old 09-24-2006, 08:54 PM
Heir Apparent
TRF Author

Quote:
My opinion hasn't changed since they got married. I think it's still disgraceful that he was allowed to marry his mistress (to use a polite word) and that she is allowed to be his Queen Consort should he become King. What I have read of them comes from British press (a bit bias?) and American tabloids (the truth?). I don't think it matters how much of a makeover some one does or how many jewels she is seen wearing, she's still his mistress.
Pretty strong words here. I agree with the others, since they're married now, Camilla can hardly be called Charles' mistress.

Mind you, I used to have a dim view of affair-makers marrying each other but after seeing a lot of second marriages that were a lot better than the first I came to the realization that the people in question had the affair because they were better suited for each other than they were for the people they married in the first place.

Does it make it right? Not exactly, it would have been better if they had gotten divorces sooner, but ending even a bad marriage is not as easy as it looks from the outside.

"One thing we can do is make the choice to view the world in a healthy way. We can choose to see the world as safe with only moments of danger rather than seeing the world as dangerous with only moments of safety."
-- Deepak Chopra
Old 09-25-2006, 04:20 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
I think it's still disgraceful that he was allowed to marry his mistress

Allowed? He is a grown man and saying that he should or shouldn't be allowed to marry is really funny.
Old 09-25-2006, 05:11 AM
Royal Highness

Mistress (maîtresse)

A mistress (a maîtresse) is a woman who has a continuing, extramarital (sexual) relationship with one married man, in an exclusive and continuing liaison.

The Prince of Wales was an unmarried man since the mid-1990's so Camilla was almost for a decade no longer a mistress avant-la-lettre.

By the way: 'an exclusive and continuing liaison' with one extramarital partner seems much more preferrable to me than the endless promiscue row of 'lovers' the late Diana, Princess of Wales had, but that is a purely personal opinion, of course.
Old 09-25-2006, 07:08 AM
Heir Apparent

I may hold a different opinion to yours RubyPrincess168, but I respect it
Old 09-25-2006, 08:40 AM
Heir Apparent
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henri M.
A mistress (a maîtresse) is a woman who has a continuing, extramarital (sexual) relationship with one married man, in an exclusive and continuing liaison.

The Prince of Wales was an unmarried man since the mid-1990's so Camilla was almost for a decade no longer a mistress avant-la-lettre.

By the way: 'an exclusive and continuing liaison' with one extramarital partner seems much more preferrable to me than the endless promiscue row of 'lovers' the late Diana, Princess of Wales had, but that is a purely personal opinion, of course.
I don't see why Diana should be brought up here? We were talking about Camilla.
"One thing we can do is make the choice to view the world in a healthy way. We can choose to see the world as safe with only moments of danger rather than seeing the world as dangerous with only moments of safety."
-- Deepak Chopra
Old 10-01-2006, 12:03 AM

My opinion has not really changed I tolerate Camilla. But I do love Charles.
Old 10-02-2006, 11:45 PM
Commoner

Camilla is the Duchess of Prudence.

There's not a cloud in the sky, it's as blue as your blue goodbye, and I thought that it would rain, the day you went away.
Old 10-03-2006, 12:28 AM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queen Katherine
Okay, I'll bite! What do you mean exactly? She's discrete, frugal or she's only looking after her own interests?
Old 10-03-2006, 01:08 AM
Courtier

I don't really give Camilla much thought so I guess my opinion hasn't changed about her. I do think they are well suited to each other and will always be content and happy together.
Old 10-03-2006, 02:46 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queen Katherine
I'm baffled by this statement. Can you enlighten us?
Old 10-28-2006, 05:56 PM
Heir Apparent
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Australian
I'm baffled by this statement. Can you enlighten us?
I would interpret it to mean that Camilla doesn't talk to the press about her private life or makes embarassing scenes in public. The operative words here being 'to the press' and 'in public'.
-- Deepak Chopra
Old 12-21-2006, 12:55 PM
Commoner

Do you think that camilla has become more acceptable now?

Since her marriage in april 2005 somehow camilla seems to have taken over the limelight quite well and is getting on with it - do you think that people are beginning to appreciate her a lot more and is she becoming more and more popular now than ever before.
Old 12-21-2006, 01:40 PM
Nobility
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaan
Since her marriage in april 2005 somehow camilla seems to have taken over the limelight quite well and is getting on with it - do you think that people are beginning to appreciate her a lot more and is she becoming more and more popular now than ever before.
Yes, I think our image has certainly changed of her - she's no longer the diana's marriage wrecker, but the women who's made Charles happy.

"Not everyone who chased the zebra caught it, but he who caught it, chased it" - South African proverb
Old 12-26-2006, 05:20 PM

Charles and Camilla a perfect pair

Charles and Camilla are a perfect pair.I believe they work well together and fit each other well.She is a support and help to the Prince and I understand that she is so down to earth and caring.She certainly showed that when she and Charles came to Lousiana and the Gulf after Katrina. It was so much appreciated here in the States that they took the time to visit the stricken areas.That means alot.I am just getting to know Camilla's patronages, and I was thrilled to see that she visited Emmaus Homeless community.What a great Patron she will make.I was homeless my self at one time and I know the feeling.She seems to be a very caring individual and she does Her Husband and her country proud.As an American who also loves Queen and Country-due to my early raising by a British Uncle and American Aunt I appreciate all that they do.My hat's off to them.I wish them Peace in their life together.
Old 12-27-2006, 04:50 AM
Administrator

Welcome to the Forums Lauren Grace.
I see you've got into your stride with your second post. It gets much easier once the initial "first post nerves" have been overcome. Enjoy.
Old 12-27-2006, 04:23 PM
Royal Highness

Welcome Lauren Grace !
It´s nice to read your post and to see that there is one more who thinks that the Prince of Wales and the Duchess of Cornwall are great!
Old 12-27-2006, 04:36 PM
Heir Presumptive

I've always had a soft spot for Charles. But my opinion hasn't change for Camilla, I don't like her but I still respect her.
Old 12-27-2006, 05:14 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by lauren grace
Charles and Camilla are a perfect pair....I wish them Peace in their life together.
Welcome to the forums! Nice to see another lady with such good taste!
Old 12-27-2006, 06:04 PM
Nobility

My opinion has not changed; I liked and respected them both before and still do now.

I do hope the Prince of Wales will change what his wife is to be known as when he suceeds to the throne, then my opinion of him will rise yet further.

Camilla is my favourite Royal of all for her dignity, silence and grace under pressure.

Tags
camilla, duchess of cornwall, prince charles, prince of wales, relationships, royal duties