The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > The Prince of Wales and the Duchess of Cornwall

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 07-24-2006, 05:30 AM
Gentry

I've never been a big fan of the couple (or Charles in general). I agree they did do there dirty laundry in the past, and I think will probably always be haunted by it.
As far as a couple they are alright. As far as future King and Queen? it's w/e I'm not from the UK so it's not like they are representing my country.
The wedding between these two did shock me a bit, usually the *** doesn't become the housewife..or in this case the mistress doesn't become the wife. :o
Charles and Camilla see happy, and I wish no ill will towards the couple :)

Old 07-24-2006, 05:50 AM
Heir Apparent

What was that awful old mantra the new-age self-improvement gurus used to spout?

"Every day, in every way, I'm getting better and better!"

That just about sums it up. Only, in this case it's not awful ..... its Great!!!!!

From news reports and especially photos, that is what we are seeing. Just when we think we've seen it all, it gets even better! :) :)

Oh bliss! Let's just keep that honeymoon going on forever. :p

(And consign the "yellow press" to the gutter where they belong)

Old 07-24-2006, 06:19 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by JOY!
As far as future King and Queen? it's w/e I'm not from the UK so it's not like they are representing my country.
The wedding between these two did shock me a bit, usually the *** doesn't become the housewife.
I can only imagine the word you *** out is an insult, otherwise it wouldn't have been needed. Whatever makes you feel happy.

They do represent my country and they do it beautifully.
Old 07-24-2006, 08:43 AM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by JOY!
I've never been a big fan of the couple (or Charles in general). I agree they did do there dirty laundry in the past, and I think will probably always be haunted by it.
As far as a couple they are alright. As far as future King and Queen? it's w/e I'm not from the UK so it's not like they are representing my country.
The wedding between these two did shock me a bit, usually the *** doesn't become the housewife..or in this case the mistress doesn't become the wife. :o
Charles and Camilla see happy, and I wish no ill will towards the couple :)
Long live Her Majesty Queen Elisabeth II. May she reign for many years to come:)
Old 07-24-2006, 09:08 AM
Aristocracy

Not sure if this is the appropriate place to address this...but here goes. I agree that Camilla is doing a good job in her new "public" role. But I wonder if Diana was still alive would all of the good feelings, happy family, etc., be noticed or even exist? With Beatrice's 18th b-day celebrations, I find myself considering William and Harry's graduations from military training, marriages, other significant events and if Diana's presence/absence would be a factor. Could Charles, Camilla, and Diana put all other things aside and, for the sake of the princes, each be a presence in their lives while maintaining at least a civil existence with one another? Any thoughts-especially from British forum members?

Mapper
Old 07-24-2006, 09:29 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hereditary Mapmaker
Not sure if this is the appropriate place to address this...but here goes. I agree that Camilla is doing a good job in her new "public" role. But I wonder if Diana was still alive would all of the good feelings, happy family, etc., be noticed or even exist? With Beatrice's 18th b-day celebrations, I find myself considering William and Harry's graduations from military training, marriages, other significant events and if Diana's presence/absence would be a factor. Could Charles, Camilla, and Diana put all other things aside and, for the sake of the princes, each be a presence in their lives while maintaining at least a civil existence with one another? Any thoughts-especially from British forum members?

Mapper
I can't answer for the whole of the UK but, if Diana was still alive, Charles and Camilla would have been married sooner and there would have been less for the Diana fans to go on about, IMO. She too would have aged and with the loss of youth, (her mother was considered pretty and look how badly she aged), the fans would have gone on to something else. I don't believe that Diana would ever have tolerated the affection William and Harry show for Camilla and she would have been fuming at her exclusion from 'official' events.
Old 07-24-2006, 09:32 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by naida
Long live Her Majesty Queen Elisabeth II. May she reign for many years to come:)
How has your opinion changed, you forgot to say.
Old 07-24-2006, 09:41 AM
Heir Presumptive

Before their engagement they did not interest me much, I was very, very suprised by the engagement, in a good way because I never thought they would marry. Since then I like Camilla very much, she carries herself in a warm and friendly way, I was especially impressed with her on their trip to Egypt and Saud Arabia. She usually dresses for her position without beeing flashy or "look at MEEEEE"and most importantly she obiously makes Charles very happy and relaxed.

If there were something I would like to see her take a little more initativ in her solo duties, ofcourse it is a fine balance as her main task seems to be to act in support of the Prince of Wales but I think as the futere Queen its also important for her to establish a more independant role. I would also be happy if they would do an interview together so we could know a little more about her directly, which does not come out in the press trough "friends" "sources" and "enemies"
Old 07-24-2006, 09:44 AM
Gentry

Initally, while Charles and Diana were together I saw Camilla as a nuisance. I always wondered how the royal couple would have lived life without her interference (Charles obviously loved her more or he wouldn't have carried on with her for so long - and she did nothing to discourage it even whilst he was married, thus it was interference).

That being said and things being how they are, I am pleasantly pleased with her performance and happy they are *finally* together sans the intrigue and scandal. They are obviously genuinely in love or they would never have lasted as long ... cheers!
Old 07-24-2006, 09:52 AM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydragon
How has your opinion changed, you forgot to say.
Changed Where I still don't like Camilla and idea of her as my queen
Old 07-24-2006, 10:12 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hereditary Mapmaker
Not sure if this is the appropriate place to address this...
No, it's not. This thread is not to be used as a vehicle to pose speculative 'what ifs' regarding Diana.

thanks,
Warren
British Forums moderator
Old 07-24-2006, 10:31 AM
Courtier

I think my opinion has changed a lot, i appreciate Camilla's work and now more than ever I see her as The Duchess of Cornwall.
I admire her very much, and I believe in love and that mistakes are human,
so i really cheer to see charles and camilla happy.
Old 07-24-2006, 10:59 AM
Gentry

Since the wedding,we have been able to watch closely how charles and camilla are together.You can see from all the pictures and videos of the two of them, how much they love each other and how happy they make each other feel.Charles has become a lot more relaxed since the wedding,and we have camilla to thank for that.She fits her role PERFECTLY and isn't there to outstage her husband,but to just be there for him...the man she loves!

As skydragon said,i don't think Diana would have tolerated the affection William and Harry show Camilla at all.She would have become jealous like she was of the nannies that were paid to look after their boys.I don't mean to disrespect anybody when i say this,but times have changed,people come and people go,and charles and camilla are finally together.William and Harry are happy with the arrangements and as the public are warming to the couple too,it looks like our reign under charles and camilla will be a very strong period.Camilla makes Charles happy,and a happy king makes a good king!
Old 07-24-2006, 11:08 AM
Nobility

i didn't really like camilla at first, and i thought her actions in the past wasnt' that good... although yes, charles & camilla were in love.

but i guess camilla is keeping up a good public image. so yeah, leep up the good work.
Old 07-24-2006, 12:51 PM

It seems like I will be greatly in the minority here but I have been disappointed with Camilla since the wedding. I supported the wedding and still support them but I feel that Camilla has not been pulling her weight. I believe she needs to go out there and do more. She has the opportunity to do so much more as a representative of women her age and I was really looking forward to her doing it and proving all her nay-sayers wrong but she hasn't. I don't expect her to become the next Anne (Princess Royal) and working so hard- not everyone can or wants to be like that. But I really would appreciate her doing more.

I do like that she's not uppity when she goes to those public events though- she will sample food offered to her and I am sure the people who spent so much time preparing the food are grateful to her! So she does well when she goes out but she needs to go out more often!

As to my opinion of Charles, I have always liked him and his eccentricity and I still do. His marriage has not changed my opinion of him either way. Though he does seem considerably less cranky than he had been becoming but whatever...
Old 07-24-2006, 01:29 PM
Commoner

I think the problem with camilla is that she is threading very carefully with her duties and other engagements.Give her a chance and I am hopeful she will come through -
Old 07-24-2006, 01:35 PM
Courtier

DuchessofCambrigde, with the announcement of the wedding Clarence House declared: "Her first duty will be to support the PoW." And this she obviously is doing. Beside that not all, in fact, very less engagements are public. There are many receptions, dinners and duties "behind the doors". You only find out about with own inquiry. If you are interested in this, you´ll be astonished how much she is working.
Old 07-27-2006, 02:53 AM
Aristocracy

I never had a problem with Camilla despite all the "other woman" stuff. I have always liked Prince Charles.

Their wedding was magnificent and I loved seeing PC so HAPPY.

I have enjoyed seeing him come out of his shell with her by his side and she has impressed me with her down to earth charm.

I am really happy for both of them and think they will make an excellent King & Queen (consort ... whatever)... :)
Old 07-27-2006, 03:49 AM
Courtier

It is quite surprised to see there are many people liking Prince Charles. It is really nice to see him to so happy, isn't? People do miss his smiles and his sweet way. Camilla is really a great woman to make Prince Charles so happy. I wish them good and hope that they can be King and Queen one day.
Old 07-27-2006, 11:57 PM
Royal Highness

Location: Up the street,hang a left,3rd house from the corner, United States
It seems that no matter which country we all come from, or type goverment rules our lands, for whatever reason it seems that we all love royalty. Regardless if Camilla is openly received by the UK and her commonwealth, she will be queen in my heart. (I personally feel as though I'm an honorary citizen of every country whose monarchy I just happen to like.)

If Will and Harry ever had any resentment, I don't think that they are displaying it now. They accept Camilla as their stepmother and the future Queen of England. What I can't understand is why can't everyone else? Let the past stay in the past and let's contribute to a better history.

Tags
camilla, duchess of cornwall, prince charles, prince of wales, relationships, royal duties