Prince of Wales and Duchess of Cornwall Current Events 27: January 2015-Sept 2022

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Is Charles an (Honorary) Field Marshal ? I know the Duke of Kent is.

As of 16 June 2012 Charles is a Field Marshall in the British Army, Admiral of the Fleet in the Royal Navy and a Marshall of the Royal Air Force in the RAF.

Last edited:
Video:
Prince Charles arrives in Edinburgh and hops off the train to greet his supporters. The Prince is in Scotland's capital for several engagements that will all be crammed into one day, before he heads to Glasgow tomorrow with Camilla to attend a dog show-

Home - ITNSource News

Video:
The Duke and Duchess of Rothesay have been to the Clutha Bar, where they met with members of the Clutha Trust, which work to support young people in the aftermath of the helicopter accident of 2013-

Home - ITNSource News

Video:
Prince Charles, known as the Duke of Rothesay when in Scotland, has been to visit the rebuilding works at the Glasgow School of Art, following the fire in May 2014 which destroyed the building by Charles Rennie Mackintosh-

Home - ITNSource News

Last edited by a moderator:
Beth, the older of Camilla's Jack Russells, won first prize in the show's agility contest.

From what I heard, corgis are pretty snappy dogs. I am sure Charles has been on the receiving end of some of those snaps over the years. I bet he will be happy to see them go.

From what I heard, corgis are pretty snappy dogs. I am sure Charles has been on the receiving end of some of those snaps over the years. I bet he will be happy to see them go.

For years, the Queen's Corgis have been fairly "free range" and if we believe any of the stories, not so well-trained.
All the photos I've seen of Camilla's dogs shows them to be fairly well trained, able to walk nicely on a lead and even taken (at least once) toa doggy event. I respect Camilla for that.

Corgis are a herding breed, and if not trained they can snip at your heels as if they were herding livestock (I have an Australian Shepard mix that did the same when she was a puppy). But most all corgis that I've encountered are fun, short, playful balls of energy. Not snappy in the least.

Haha very cute and funny pics! "The umbrella"one almost looks like a photobomb!

For years, the Queen's Corgis have been fairly "free range" and if we believe any of the stories, not so well-trained.
All the photos I've seen of Camilla's dogs shows them to be fairly well trained, able to walk nicely on a lead and even taken (at least once) toa doggy event. I respect Camilla for that.

I also respect her for walking her talk when it comes to adopting Rescue Dogs. Didn't Bluebell come home w/her when she captured Camilla's heart during an engagement to a Rescue Organization? I think I'm remembering that right.

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

I also respect her for walking her talk when it comes to adopting Rescue Dogs. Didn't Bluebell come home w/her when she captured Camilla's heart during an engagement to a Rescue Organization? I think I'm remembering that right.

I think you're right. I remember reading about that a few years back. My cousins have adopted eight rescue dogs, and four cats, so I can understand the appeal. The Duchess is doing a lot of good by giving these dogs a loving home.

I'm remembering the same thing. Camilla fell in love with the four legged sweetheart when she was visiting a rescue shelter and ended up making a life time commitment to each other.

If only all of the rescued animals could have the same thing happen to them as what happened to Bluebell.

Isn't that Beth you're talking about?

:previous: It very well may be. I just remember reading about her adopting rescue dogs. I'm pretty sure both dogs got their own stories in the news.

I think she rescued both- from different places- and each got his own story. I remember thinking how lucky those dogs were. Best place you can be if you're not with some others we know.

Those are wonderful! Love Camilla with the children! It even looks like she has the same way of approaching kids as prince Charles! Lovely!

I so do hope there is more coverage of this tour.

:previous: I love the pictures of Camilla with the baby. They're absolutely precious.

Videos:
Their Royal Highnesses the Duke and Duchess of Cornwall have continued their annual summer visit to Wales, meeting local residents and businesses in the small town of Llangollen-

Home - ITNSource News

The Duke and Duchess of Cornwall have met artists and locals at the International Music Eisteddfod in Llangollen today, as their annual summer visit to Wales continues-
Home - ITNSource News

:previous: I love the pictures of Camilla with the baby. They're absolutely precious.

Sweet and funny together.

I can't get the Daily Fail to come up on the iPad these days for some reason, but if that's from the Bake Off, then that's cheating!! ;) :D

I think she rescued both- from different places- and each got his own story. I remember thinking how lucky those dogs were. Best place you can be if you're not with some others we know.

IIRC didn't she also say, when asked how Charles would react to the new Furry Family Member coming home w/her, that this would be the last time she'd be allowed to do this type of Engagement by herself? :D. I seem to remember that, but could also be wrong about that too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom