Prince of Wales and Duchess of Cornwall Current Events 26: August 2010-December 2014

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Prince of Wales and the Duchess of Cornwall visited Looe, Cornwall, yesterday, July 14, met members of the Royal National Lifeboat Institution and visited businesses affected by flooding earlier in the year.

** gettyimages/zimbio: Prince Charles Visits Cornwall **

** gettyimages/Max Mumby/Indigo gallery ** gettyimages 2 **

** dailymail: A lobster fit for a (future) king! Charles and Camilla come face to face with supersized crustacean.. **

Might this be the annual Cornwall week for Charles and Camilla?

Video:
The Prince of Wales and Duchess of Cornwall have enjoyed a visit to the farm - meeting Hugh Fearnley-Whittingstall at his famous River Cottage. Charles and Camilla, on the second day of their annual visit to Devon and Cornwall, spent an hour at the chef's headquarters in Axminster, Devon. The royal couple first enjoyed a look round the River Cottage garden, which boasts around 60 species including sea kale and heritage purple podded peas-
Home - ITNSource News

Video:
The Prince of Wales Duchess of Cornwall today visited the restaurant, 'Jamie Oliver's Fifteen Cornwall', managed by the charity Cornwall Food Foundation, and met some of the unemployed young people who are currently being trained by Fifteen's chefs, as well as past graduates of the school and local producers who supply the restaurant. After that, Camilla toured the Camel Valley vineyard in Bodmin and met guests at a reception to celebrate the vineyard's 25th anniversary. .
Home - ITNSource News

Wow, that's a big lobster, and love Camilla with the corgis Such an all creatures great and small moment!

:previous: Two possible explanations come to mind. The first being that as often happens in NZ, all the good stuff is exported, orthe second being the impact of the new rules covering food and cheeses in particular as result of joining the EU.

The Prince of Wales and the Duchess of Cornwall were in Edinburgh yesterday, July 21.

The Prince of Wales visited Dovecoat Studios tapestry studio and attended a reception and recital to celebrate the Scottish Chamber Orchestra's 40th Anniversary, the Duchess of Cornwall watched a baton handover and attended a reception to celebrate the success of the Royal Voluntary Service's Scottish Baton Pass Challenge. Together they visited an Edinburgh Jazz and Blues Festival workshop.

** napier.ac.uk: Duke and Duchess of Rothesay visit Merchiston campus **

** dailymail: Camilla rides again! Duchess of Cornwall gets on motorbike and sidecar made famous by the Two Fat Ladies **

The Prince of Wales and The Duchess of Cornwall begin their annual Scotland week - YouTube

On their second day in Scotland, July 22, the Prince of Wales visited Balhousie Castle and the Black Watch Regimental Museum in Perth, the Glendelvine Estate in Dunkeld and attended a reception for the Scottish Wildlife Trust's 50th anniversary in Murthly. The Duchess of Cornwall spent the day in Edinburgh to visit the Shortbread House of Edinburgh, Barnardo's Bookshop and the Edinburgh Fashion Festival Makers Market.

** gettyimages/zimbio: Fashion Festival in Edinburgh **

** dailymail: CHARLES GIVEN GIFT FOR GRANDSON **

** bbc: Prince Charles visits Glendelvine squirrel sanctuary **

** theedinburghreporter.co.uk: The Duchess of Rothesay visits The Assembly Rooms **

And here are the first pics of day 3 in Glasgow today, July 23:

** gettyimages/zimbio: Royal Family & Celebrities At The Commonwealth Games **

Video:
The Duke and Duchess of Rothesay have been given a tour around the Emirates arena in Glasgow meeting with athletes, volunteers and officials-
Home - ITNSource News

With polo, scuba diving and fly fishing all on his sporting CV, Prince Charles certainly isn't one to shy away from a spot of vigorous exercise.
And the sporty royal certainly met his match today in the shape of Jamaican boxer Cheavon Clarke who jokingly squared up to the Prince of Wales - much to his delight.
Watched by a chuckling Duchess of Cornwall, the two indulged in a mock bout with Charles even pretending to throw a punch before shaking Clarke's hand instead.

Prince Charles 'squares up' to Jamaican boxer Cheavon Clarke on Glasgow athletes village | Mail Online

Video:
Prince Charles and Camilla, Duchess of Cornwall have had a busy day in Rutland today. The Royal couple met residents of St John and St Anne's Almshouse in Oakham, then moved on to tour Oakham market and presented a decorative horse shoe to Oakham Castle-
Home - ITNSource News

Camilla, Duchess of Cornwall buys present for Prince George at Sandringham Flower Shower | Mail Online

Camilla and Charles at the Sandringham Flower Show.

Love the picture of Camilla giving the dog a back rub.

Of course we have to ignore the Daily Mail's presumptuousness that the chimney sweeper was purchased for George.
It could be a Christmas/birthday gift for one of her grandchildren. Her grandchildren may have watched Mary Poppins and one or more of the children may have become fascinated by Bert the chimney sweeper.

Camilla, Duchess of Cornwall buys present for Prince George at Sandringham Flower Shower | Mail Online
Of course we have to ignore the Daily Mail's presumptuousness that the chimney sweeper was purchased for George.
It could be a Christmas/birthday gift for one of her grandchildren. Her grandchildren may have watched Mary Poppins and one or more of the children may have become fascinated by Bert the chimney sweeper.

I do find it wonderful that the Duchess often picks up handmade gifts at these fair/bazaar/fete/sale events that she attends. I also like it that the press covers the fact that she makes purchases. It is the only way that we know she chooses to support local economies by buying local. And the fact that she actually is shopping means that she is paying attention to the wares for sale. Frankly, that interest makes for good photos as well as heartfelt gifts for the lucky recipients. I don't think she does it for that reason - but she does look so very human in these photos.

I do find it wonderful that the Duchess often picks up handmade gifts at these fair/bazaar/fete/sale events that she attends. I also like it that the press covers the fact that she makes purchases. It is the only way that we know she chooses to support local economies by buying local. And the fact that she actually is shopping means that she is paying attention to the wares for sale. Frankly, that interest makes for good photos as well as heartfelt gifts for the lucky recipients. I don't think she does it for that reason - but she does look so very human in these photos.

It really is of the things that endears Camilla to me. I remember smiling wide reading about when Charles and Camilla attended the inauguration of Willem-Alexander, she was spotted out and about among the crowds and even bought herself one of the orange hats that everyone seemed to be sporting in celebration. :D

Did she ever say it was for George or is that people's assumption?

I have read that she bought it in a couple of places and all say it was for George but can't find any quote to that effect from Camilla - and so I am feeling that there is a media assumption here rather than a factual basis.

She has five grandchildren of her own so maybe bought it for one of them, or for a friend's child/grandchild so why assume that it is for George?

Camilla and Charles at the Sandringham Flower Show.

Love the picture of Camilla giving the dog a back rub.

I love the picture of Camilla giving the dog a back rub too, and of little Hollie practicing her curtsy! Looks like she had the time of her life.

Cindy Stockman @RoyalCenEditor · 1h
The Duke and Duchess of Rothesay will attend the Ballater Highland Games to mark 150 years since its founding on 14th August.

:previous: Holly's curtsey was utterly delightful and as for the dog . . . he was in doggie heaven. :wub: :wub: :wub:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom