Prince of Wales and Duchess of Cornwall Current Events 26: August 2010-December 2014

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, roseroyal, Mr. Farnon would have a great time with Camila. They both love animals, as well as helping others.

I can only imagine the scene- had Siegfried found the dog can't you, Daria?;):D Would have made a great All Creatures episode. I can see Siegfried's face, and hear what he would say.
Living at Clarence House would be the only thing better than living at Skeldale House I would think- unless perhaps Robert Hardy- actor who portrayed Siegfried- and a big animal lover adopted her, that is!:D

i'm so proud of camilla! that is a lovely thing to do, i think. i hope she inspires william and kate to get a shelter dog also: i bet that will really resonate in the press and motivate people to adopt from shelters more. well done to the duchess!

roseroyal said:
I can only imagine the scene- had Siegfried found the dog can't you, Daria?;):D Would have made a great All Creatures episode. I can see Siegfried's face, and hear what he would say.
Living at Clarence House would be the only thing better than living at Skeldale House I would think- unless perhaps Robert Hardy- actor who portrayed Siegfried- and a big animal lover adopted her, that is!:D

I certainly can. It's a tough choice between Clarence House and Skeldale; both places are/were filled with people who love animals.

I certainly can. It's a tough choice between Clarence House and Skeldale; both places are/were filled with people who love animals.
Well one is real and the other is fictional, so I would opt for the real as being the best place for the puppy.

Yippeee! This story made me very happy. Im so glad for the puppy and Im glad the DoC did such a wonderful thing. At least the pup will have a great life and the DoC will have alot of love from this little one. Brilliant, simply brilliant. :)

Bluebell is one lucky pup. I believe I read correctly this is Camilla's second Jack Russel rescue adoption. Camilla is the very best in so many ways. I hope she is recovering from her recent ear infection, etc. and we will see her out and about soon, perhaps with little Bluebell at her side.

Tuesday 23rd October 2012:
The Prince of Wales, The Duchess of Cornwall and The Duchess of Cambridge will attend a reception for Medallists at the 2012 Olympic and Paralympic Games, Buckingham Palace, London.

The Prince of Wales - Tuesday 23rd October 2012

I believe that's the reception the Queen is hosting.

The Prince and the Duchess were at the new James Bond's Skyfall Royal premiere tonight.

154614705-producer-michael-g-wilson-and-prince-charles-gettyimages.jpg

Getty Images - Recherche: charles camilla skyfall#

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbi...el-Craig-Skyfall-premiere-striking-gowns.html

Last edited:
I believe that's the reception the Queen is hosting.

I've just watched the news reports on both BBC & ITV & there was no mention of either Charles or Camilla being present at the Queen's reception for the Olympians & Paralympians, nor were they visible. Kate was there & the Princess Royal as well as the Queen & Prince Philip. It looked as though it was being held in the evening, i.e. at exactly the same time as the Royal Film premiere of Bond. So it looks as though it was a mistake in the Court Circular.

I've just watched the news reports on both BBC & ITV & there was no mention of either Charles or Camilla being present at the Queen's reception for the Olympians & Paralympians, nor were they visible. Kate was there & the Princess Royal as well as the Queen & Prince Philip. It looked as though it was being held in the evening, i.e. at exactly the same time as the Royal Film premiere of Bond. So it looks as though it was a mistake in the Court Circular.
It was not a mistake: Prince Charles and Camilla were supposed to attend both the Team GB reception and the Skyfall première. Unfortunately, their flight from Durham was delayed because of fog, so they had to miss the reception, although they made it in time for the première.

The CC doesn't come out until the day after the event so it wouldn't have been in the CC that Charles and Camilla were to attend the event.

It was on the PoWs website and in the Future Engagements list but not the CC.

Last edited:
All are stunning! I love Rachel's dress. PC is not bad in a tux- a 5 while PW is a 10!:D:lol:

I think Prince Charles looks distinguished in a tux, but yes, Wills definitely wears black tie like no one else.

It looks as though everyone had a lot of fun. :D
Kylie Minogue pops into St James's Palace for surprise concert (and Prince Charles even swings his hips to the Loco-Motion)
They should be so lucky - as it’s not every day someone this famous pops in for a surprise concert. Kylie Minogue dazzled the Prince of Wales and the Duchess of Cornwall last night at St James's Palace when she performed by royal appointment - and Charles even pulled off some dance moves. The 44-year-old Australian pop princess sang three pared-down songs for the Prince and Camilla at a reception to mark their Diamond Jubilee tour, which begins next month.

Some more pictures from the reception:
- Prince Charles and Camilla with Kylie Minogue 1
- Prince Charles and Camilla with Kylie Minogue 2
- Camilla with Australian entertainer Rolf Harris and his wife Alwen
- Camilla with New Zealand-born opera singer Dame Kiri Te Kanawa

- A traditional Papua New Guinean drummer performs for Prince Charles and Camilla
- Prince Charles holding an Aussie rules football after being presented with it by former footballer Tony Woods

- Maori dancers perform the traditional Haka 1
- Maori dancers perform the traditional Haka 2
- Maori dancers perform the traditional Haka 3

Last edited:
Victoria Arbiter‏@victoriaarbiter
With only 22 shopping days left, #Christmas is coming to #Tetbury. Charles & Camilla will be on hand Dec. 7th to switch on the Xmas lights.

Kataryn said:
Yeah, the Duke and Duchess of Cornwall host a reception in London... That's the Mail for you!:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

I'm confused - what's the problem with that statement because it's the truth? What am I missing?

He's not usually referred to as the Duke of Cornwall, is he?

He's not usually referred to as the Duke of Cornwall, is he?
Not usually, no.
Unlike the title Duke of Rothesay (which is used whenever Prince Charles is in Scotland), the Duke of Cornwall title is rarely ever used bar from rare circumstances.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom