Prince of Wales and Duchess of Cornwall Current Events 26: August 2010-December 2014

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Another short video from today's visit. Despite the pouring rain, Charles and Camilla took the time to actually greet the people (and by the sound of it, quite a large number too) waiting outside to catch a glimpse. A very nice and considerate gesture. :)
My Encounter with Prince Charles and Camilla

Camilla also had a go, although she stuck very precisely to the script and wasn't nearly as comfortable with it as Charles.

It would appear this has gone viral. Charles is trending worldwide on Twitter.

Artemisia, :flowers: for standing in the rain to take the video of Prince Charles coming over to do a little walkabout.

And he's quite the weatherman too! Maybe the usual BBC weatherman is looking nervously over his shoulder.... ;)

Charles did a fantastic job!!! Loved it. His sense of humor was the best! The "who the hell wrote this" was GREAT! Camilla did a good job as well.

Artemisia, :flowers: for standing in the rain to take the video of Prince Charles coming over to do a little walkabout.
You are most welcome, but unfortunately I can't take the credit for that video: it was posted on YouTube by someone else - I just shared it here. :)
I'm afraid I'm not British or in Britain right now, although should Charles and Camilla ever find themselves in Armenia, rain or no rain, I'll be there. ;)

^Well, I would've seen that if I was paying more attention to the posts here rather than what I'm cooking. ;)

Sometimes having a kitchen computer can be very distracting!

Anyway, thanks for tracking down and posting the video then!

:ermm: Not sure where to put this, but everyone remember Janet Jenkins, one of the women Prince Charles cheated on both Diana and Camilla with? I think she's the one that worked in the Canadian embassy though I might be thinking of a different woman he cheated on them with. I know there was more than one at the time. She has some more of his love letters to her during that time up for sale and some stuff he gave her, like a silver box with his crest on it, up for sale. There was a bit on the news about it. I guess that would be Charles and Camilla current events. You can move this around somewhere else if it goes somewhere else. They were showing a picture of the box - it's pretty.

Last edited:
:ermm: Not sure where to put this, but everyone remember Janet Jenkins, one of the women Prince Charles cheated on both Diana and Camilla with? She has some more of his love letters to her during that time up for sale and some stuff he gave her, like a silver box with his crest on it, up for sale. There was a bit on the news about it. I guess that would be Charles and Camilla current events. You can move this around somewhere else if it goes somewhere else. They were showing a picture of the box - it's pretty.
As far as I know, the love letters from Prince Charles to Janet Jenkins were written in 1980 - before he married (or started dating) Diana, and after he had ended his relationship with Camilla. Don't see how it could constitute a cheating.

Thank you for the link! He seemed quite relaxed giving the weather. I'd enjoy his weather reports - I love his voice!. Second (IMO) to Donald Sutherland...I could listen to that man all day!!

I love everything about him, always have always will (please do not let him shoot an elephant, that would change things)

As far as I know, the love letters from Prince Charles to Janet Jenkins were written in 1980 - before he married (or started dating) Diana, and after he had ended his relationship with Camilla. Don't see how it could constitute a cheating.

She claims it was going on while he was married and seeing Camilla. Anyway, the letters are up for sale. Same with the box.

She claims it was going on while he was married and seeing Camilla. Anyway, the letters are up for sale. Same with the box.

Is this a new claim by Janet, because the original auction in 2009 on EBay was for 6 letters dated between 1976 and 1980, although the 1980 letter was the most recent.
Janet isn't even the one who first auctioned them on EBay in 2009, it was her friend who she had sold them to years earlier, so is Janet hawking new letters now or is this a resale of the previously sold 1976-1980 letters.

Love letters from Prince of Wales for sale on eBay - Telegraph

Last edited:
Charles has a very pleasant voice; it's posh but not too posh. The awful weather didn't seem just so bad when it was him describing it!

:lol:
He has a future, should the monarchy be abolished.

He certainly delivered the forecast with just as much style and humour, if not more, than many of the professionals.

Just saw ok seriously would love Prince Charles to do the weather he's so good at it!

I wanted to be a Sports Journalist and went to one of Canada's top Broadcast Journalism programs at Loyalist College in Belleville, Ontario (Go Lancers!! :eek:D ), graduated in 98, but haven't been able to actually work due to various health issues/battles. Doing the weather is one of the toughest jobs due to the fact you're actually in front of (for us) a green screen and you've got to look off to the side to the monitor that's showing the broadcast, and more importantly the maps and weather info, so you know where to point when giving out that information. Combine that w/also looking into the camera and also reading the Teleprompter and...

Like I said, it's not as easy as it looks on TV.

So I am more than impressed w/Charles' performance earlier today. He really came off as a natural and very professional. I also loved the little jokes he tossed in here and there. Well Done YRH!!

He was lucky in one respect though. Good thing he wasn't wearing anything the same colour as BBC Scotland's blue or green screen, because that can cause some interesting bloopers. As I said, ours at Loyalist was green, so we couldn't wear anything green. If we did, it would look as if we were "wearing" the map. One of my friends forgot that one day and wore a green tie.

I gave him credit for making it work though. I can still hear him and see him in my mind's eye...

...and Trenton, you're right at the point of my tie tonight. How's that for a neat placement on the weather board tonight!!

:eek:D

I love the video of Prince Charles doing the weather report. His sense of humor definitely showed :D. He does indeed have a nice voice, and would have made a wonderful broadcaster/news reporter.

They both did a great job with forecast, but I was particularly impressed with Prince Charles. He was so natural and I loved his little improv.

They both looked like they were having fun and I really enjoyed seeing this side of them.

Last edited:
Great videos from Scotland. Thank you everyone.

The Prince looks really relaxed and enjoying himself. Even his sense of humour comes across well - not that easy reading a weather report.

I loved it as well and even enjoyed Camilla although she wasn't as polished. I love it when they do things like this and I love how the script included references to royal properties in Scotland.

What an amusing video, if being King does not appeal to Charles, being a Weatherman is definitely something he should consider!

MagMil, thank you for the video :flowers:. This has to be one of my top favorite recent Prince Charles moments :D.

he was fantastic! Camilla was a little less good, she probaby doesn't like public speaking too much - it was very cute when Charles told her 'you don't have to, I promise you'

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom