The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 02-11-2014, 06:21 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Prince Charles admits to gently persuading Kate on her wedding music-
I knew it! I just won some money. It took awhile, but that 20 bucks is MINE HAHA

Old 02-11-2014, 06:36 PM
Heir Apparent

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdngirl View Post
I knew it! I just won some money. It took awhile, but that 20 bucks is MINE HAHA
I always had the feeling that Charles was very much involved with the selection of the music for the wedding. It was even stated that he worked with Kate on the selections. That showed that even before the marriage, Charles and Kate had a pretty good relationship going.

Old 02-11-2014, 06:58 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
I always had the feeling that Charles was very much involved with the selection of the music for the wedding. It was even stated that he worked with Kate on the selections. That showed that even before the marriage, Charles and Kate had a pretty good relationship going.
It was reported at the time but I am glad that cdngirl finally got her $20. Go crazy, girl.
Old 02-11-2014, 07:29 PM
Majesty

I loved that Catherine walked down the isle to "I Was Glad." The music sounded grander during the wedding than it did during the Westminster Abbey service for the 60th Anniversary of The Queen's Coronation, IMO.

Dr. Maya Angelou
Old 02-12-2014, 04:55 PM
Gentry

I don't know if here is the correct place to post this, but here we go:

New play to envisage Prince Charles's early reign - Telegraph

I think it will be interesting and good exercise of imagination.
Old 02-26-2014, 07:57 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Prince of Wales and Duchess of Cornwall in Portsmouth
face to face
Old 02-26-2014, 11:28 AM
Majesty

Video:
Prince Charles was accompanied by the Duchess of Cornwall during his visit to the purpose-built Mary Rose museum at Portsmouth Historic Dockyard, Hampshire. The centre opened last year re-uniting the hull with thousands of artefacts for the first time since they were lifted from the seabed in 1982. During his visit, Charles had a chance to handle some of the artefacts as well as have a go with a replica longbow. He said afterwards: "I don't want to put my shoulder out."-
Home - ITNSource News

Dr. Maya Angelou
Old 02-26-2014, 12:00 PM
Heir Presumptive

Loved that Charles wore his uniform to this event! Very dashing and very appropriate. I have to admit, many years ago I really didn't know what to think about Prince Charles, but he has really grown on me. Intellectual, well informed and a sense of humor, all very endearing qualities. Nice outing for he and Camilla.
Old 02-26-2014, 12:18 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by princess gertrude View Post
Loved that Charles wore his uniform to this event! Very dashing and very appropriate. I have to admit, many years ago I really didn't know what to think about Prince Charles, but he has really grown on me. Intellectual, well informed and a sense of humor, all very endearing qualities. Nice outing for he and Camilla.
ITA! Whenever I see him in this uniform with the sweater, I immediately think of James Bond - that is were I first saw the uniform sweater. I think the Prince would find that amusing and flattering.
Old 02-26-2014, 12:21 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Monaco and Sweden

Here's another nice gallery of the Portsmouth visit:

** gettyimages/zimbio: The Prince Of Wales And Duchess Of Cornwall Visit Portsmouth **
Old 02-26-2014, 12:22 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duchess of Durham View Post
ITA! Whenever I see him in this uniform with the sweater, I immediately think of James Bond - that is were I first saw the uniform sweater. I think the Prince would find that amusing and flattering.

I so love me some James Bond! Mainly the older ones. Sean Connery and Roger Moore make my heart melt.
Old 02-26-2014, 12:47 PM
Courtier

Camilla wore her 'Admiral Nelson' brooch :)
Old 02-26-2014, 02:45 PM
Majesty

Video:
Charles, who was wearing his naval uniform, visited HMS Dragon at sea, taken by Merlin helicopter from the flight deck of HMS Illustrious. Camilla visited HMS Illustrious where, in her role as commodore-in-chief Royal Naval Medical Services, was given a tour of the helicopter carrier's sickbay while a casualty treatment exercise was under way-
Home - ITNSource News

Dr. Maya Angelou
Old 02-26-2014, 03:20 PM
Heir Apparent

This link has video of the speech re the Mary Rose - which is a unique example of a Tudor man-o-war which was raised from the sea-bed in 1974.

Video: Prince Charles recalls diving days - Telegraph

What always amazes me is what this man has done - so varied - flown airplanes and helicopters; captained a ship and raced in yachts; dived and helped in the raising of the Mary Rose; raised millions for charitable causes; performed on stage; top-class polo player; written childrens story; painted; designed gardens; hedge-laying; learning arabic; ..... the list just goes on. Amazing capacity for learning and action.

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Old 02-26-2014, 04:18 PM
Heir Apparent

Link to PoW site and article on today's visits to Portsmouth. Include nice pic of Charles in diving gear!

The Prince of Wales and The Duchess of Cornwall visit the new Mary Rose Museum

Old 02-26-2014, 09:33 PM
Heir Presumptive

Fabulous photos of TRH at this event. In view of his history with the project I'm sure he really enjoyed seeing the exhibit. I always like him in Naval uniform, and I think Camilla looked great, too.
Old 02-27-2014, 01:09 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceflower View Post

Here's another nice gallery of the Portsmouth visit:

** gettyimages/zimbio: The Prince Of Wales And Duchess Of Cornwall Visit Portsmouth **
Charles in his uniform- very nice indeed!

Was actor Robert Hardy there?
Charles in his diving gear- priceless!
Old 02-27-2014, 07:42 PM
Majesty

The pictures from the Mary Rose are lovely. Charles looks dapper in his naval uniform, and was he using a crossbow?

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 02-27-2014, 07:45 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daria_S View Post
The pictures from the Mary Rose are lovely. Charles looks dapper in his naval uniform, and was he using a crossbow?
that's a long bow. His concern about putting his shoulder out is that he badly damaged his shoulder in a fall playing polo and it never knitted back properly.

Old 02-27-2014, 08:02 PM
Majesty

Thank you!

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.