Prince of Wales and Duchess of Cornwall Current Events 26: August 2010-December 2014

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
'Off with their heads'. I guess this would not be indicitave of the sources of the recent article indicating that 'the nation was warming to Charles and Camilla (as Queen)'. I'd bet my Palace that should it have been QEII, she would have passed by unmolested because people respect her. Charles and Camilla...not so much if tonight is any representation.

'Off with their heads'. I guess this would not be indicitave of the sources of the recent article indicating that 'the nation was warming to Charles and Camilla (as Queen)'. I'd bet my Palace that should it have been QEII, she would have passed by unmolested because people respect her. Charles and Camilla...not so much if tonight is any representation.

Seriously?

I know you don't care for Charles and/or Camilla...you make no bones about that and you are certainly entitled to that opinion

BUT

let's not speculate that the same thing wouldn't have happened to the Queen. The fact is it was a bad situation and the couple were in the wrong place at the wrong time. Frankly, anyone driving in a luxury car might have had the same experience without the benefit of police protection officers. So let's not tie this to the belief that the nation doesn't want Camilla to be Queen.

How in the heck was or is anyone allowed to get that close????? I am sorry...it is not as though protesters just jumped out.. The police, MI6, and Scotland are to blame. This would NEVER happen to the President of the United States..to get that CLOSE to the car?? No excuse! This politically correct, lax BS, about being terrified of using force...hey, you get that close...you could get shot. The Secret Service would never allow that...their motto: You protect the President at all costs.

Seriously?

I know you don't care for Charles and/or Camilla...you make no bones about that and you are certainly entitled to that opinion

BUT

let's not speculate that the same thing wouldn't have happened to the Queen. The fact is it was a bad situation and the couple were in the wrong place at the wrong time. Frankly, anyone driving in a luxury car might have had the same experience without the benefit of police protection officers. So let's not tie this to the belief that the nation doesn't want Camilla to be Queen.
'Off with their heads' was what the guy banging on the car breaking the window was shouting over and over again if you watch that posted youtube. Not that it was my personal gig. I certainly dont like that twosome, but I dont wish Mme La Guilliotine on anyone!

Last edited:
:previous: Yes, the man did state that over and over again.

However, my comment had to do with your suggestion (as most of your posts do) where you try to tie in the lack of support of Camilla being Queen with the incident at hand.

And i am of the belief that the two have nothing to do with each other.

Last edited:
Why did their people not protect them better? The protests were on the news for hours. Wouldn't it have been best to put them in a more low key car so no one would try to harm them?

This situation was one I think that really got out of hand and the mood spread like wildfire once it had begun. In times of chaos, people are not thinking rationally and then again you have some that join in the melee just because they get carried away by the adrenalin of the crowd. I don't believe that Camilla and Charles were targets personally but should it have been anyone in such a car be it the Queen, a lesser royal, Sir Paul McCartney or even Bozo the Clown, they would have been a target.

I remember well the riots of Detroit in Black July '67 and how a relatively small event grew into an ungodly mess. By the time the wildfire has caught on, most people had forgotten what the heck started it all in the first place.

I have a feeling that the incident would have progressed the same way with any member of the RF in the car. I think it was the symbol of monarchy and wealth and elitism which very conveniently presented itself at that moment that was under attack, not the individuals inside the car. But one "off with their heads" extremist agitator does not a revolution make.

Perhaps it is speculation to wonder what reception another member of the BRF would have recieved tonight. However, it was Camilla and Charles who ,in fact, received this reception from the people tonight. Apparantly I am not the only person not thrilled with those two. I didnt hear anyone shouting God Save Charles and Camilla (or anything else even mildly supportive), did anyone else? I'd also love to see any positive statistical data that there is a majority of support in the population for Camilla being Queen. All of the polling data year after year and the responses on Facebook and the responses to the various newspaper articles indicate that the majority of people are on the same page I am on. No Queen Camilla. I realize that a lot of posters on this board just LOVE her. But that is not representative of the rest of the population, IMO.... nor is it borne out statistically.

Scooter, usually your knack of spinning any event, moment, blow of the wind into a anti C&C post tickles me senselessly but really now. Imagine protesting an excruciating and crippling rise in tuition and doing everything you can to get the goverment to notice when all of sudden out of no where the heir the British throne, the foundation stone of the government, comes driving along. It was like a gift from the heavens to the hardcore protesters and they took full advantage of it and now their cause and voices are being heard ACROSS THE ENTIRE WORLD. The same reaction would have happened to any member of the royal family and I dare say even to the Queen. Now the most important question to come out of this is how security could have been so lax and the planning been so, well, stupid?

IMO you are missing the point but that okay.

Quite honestly, I am not sure if you can objectively look at the incident or anything that has to deal with Charles and Camilla. I am sorry but that is how I feel.

I mean, even in your response you still mention the fact that Camilla isnt' loved by everyone , or that people aren't ready for Camilla to be Queen. My point is (any maybe I am not articulating well) is that almost EVERY time Charles and Camilla come up...you bring up the same thing...people aren't in love with Camilla, and not everyone is ready for Camilla to be Queen. That all may be very true but it isn't the answer to every question.

And that's my point. We don't need to prolong this discussion and overtake the thread. I think everyone (at least I hope) understands what I am saying.

Princejohnny...one does wonder why the plan wasn't to divert Charles and Camilla out of the path of the protesters. Where they protesting every street in downtown London?

Last edited:
I saw the picture of Camilla who looked like she was in shock when people started throwing things at their vehicle. Totally unexpected I would think. Very scary to say the least.

They were in the wrong place at the wrong time. The crowd was very angry with the government and I hear one protester saying something to the effect that Prince Charles was representive of that government. Some in the crowd took their anger out on Prince Charles and Camilla because they were there. If the PM had been driving by, a similiar thing would have happened.

Last edited:
To me, it seems a good example of a mob mentality. The people who normally would not have thought of attacking an official car were caught up in the emotion of the moment and behaved in ways they normally would not have. I think they would have gone after anything vaguely official-looking.

It's a credit to Charles and Camilla that they were able to pull themselves together and carry on with their engagement. I'm not sure I would have been able to do the same. I'm still ranting to people about how bad my commute was, and I've been home for nearly an hour!

What really caught me by surprise, and maybe it's just a cultural thing, was that the royal car was so vulnerable in the first place. Here in the United States, I'm used to seeing our head of state traveling in "The Beast," a heavily-armored limousine that can withstand quite a bit of damage.

I smell a serious inquiry into this breach of royal security. These disturbances had been going on for several hours, Scotland Yard and PPO's knew that. It would have been much better for their HRH's to cancel their appearance at the Variety Show. It's an important event, but I'm sure the sponsors would have understood. I mean really, Charles and Camilla's car window was broken and these thugs were in their faces and threatening them. What if the window had shattered and one or both were seriously injured from glass.
Riots over a tuition increase? Really? Come over here and pay our tuitions and then complain. So now instead of a free ride, students may have to get a loan and then maybe work part time. Big Whoop! I think it's time college student in Great Britain realize it's 2010 not the 1800's and pay their way.
I do have a suspicion though that most of the protesters may not have been actual college students, but thugs and troublemakers taking the opportunity to cause trouble and damage.

From The Telegraph:

Brian Paddick, a former deputy assistant commissioner with the Met, said that the Prince of Wales should not have been travelling through central London after a day of protests. He said: “Consideration should have been given to whether it was safe for them to go out at all. I don’t understand how the car was allowed to come into such close contact with the protesters, bearing in mind that there should have been motorcycle outriders ahead of the car who would have spotted trouble in advance.”

A government source was critical of the police. The source said: "You have to wonder about the way the police conducted this operation. Sealing Westminster off the way they did allowed the protesters to run riot elsewhere. And the decision to allow the Prince to travel anywhere near the area in a very visible official car shows a complete lack of intelligence."

I couldn't agree more.

What really caught me by surprise, and maybe it's just a cultural thing, was that the royal car was so vulnerable in the first place. Here in the United States, I'm used to seeing our head of state traveling in "The Beast," a heavily-armored limousine that can withstand quite a bit of damage.

Not to mention they tend to close down the streets the motorcade will be traveling on. That's what they've done when the President has come to my area anyways.

From The Telegraph:

Brian Paddick, a former deputy assistant commissioner with the Met, said that the Prince of Wales should not have been travelling through central London after a day of protests. He said: “Consideration should have been given to whether it was safe for them to go out at all. I don’t understand how the car was allowed to come into such close contact with the protesters, bearing in mind that there should have been motorcycle outriders ahead of the car who would have spotted trouble in advance.”

It makes me wonder if they were even aware of the protests going on! To drive right thru them is just insane! They should've chosen an alternate route or chosen to stay home.

Rioting because fees might go up to UK6,000!!! They are so lucky to have such low fees. IMO none of them deserve an education, and such cowards too, if it is such a good cause why are they wearing masks and balaclavas

Perhaps it is speculation to wonder what reception another member of the BRF would have recieved tonight. However, it was Camilla and Charles who ,in fact, received this reception from the people tonight. Apparantly I am not the only person not thrilled with those two. I didnt hear anyone shouting God Save Charles and Camilla (or anything else even mildly supportive), did anyone else?

Maybe you should simply start watching the videos of the receptions those two receive when they are on official engagements. It's not as if the police has to force protesters to stay away from the opening of hospital wards or schools or the switching on of Christmas lights.

I accept that you don't like Charles and Camilla but still this commentary is really, really as far removed from a perception of reality as possible. It's distorted, nothing else. Riots are violent and rioters never tend to get into a peaceful state of mind during an attack, no matter who they attack. To pardon these rioters on saying that they "were not thrilled with those two" means to declare that violence is okay if it hits people someone doesn't like. Quite a statement!:bang::bang:

The figure of £6,000 is incorrect - it's what English students have been paying so far.
My son was an English student in Scotland. He started at Edinburgh Uni in 1998, and he is still paying back his grant now in 2010, and will continue to do so for many years to come. Luckily he has a good job.

Not to mention they tend to close down the streets the motorcade will be traveling on. That's what they've done when the President has come to my area anyways.
In Britain, the streets are closed only extremely rarely - perhaps for a large motorcade - but not normally for a single royal car. There are usually outriders just in front and behind, but a couple of police on motorbikes are not much protection against a mob.

Last edited by a moderator:
I didn't see many students rioting, what I saw was radicals and thugs. The driver of Charles's car will have to give a very good account of why he took the route he did. What happened to this car would have terrified anyone sitting in it. My question is; where was the water canon? where was the tear gas? where were the rubber bullets? Why have we gone soft on rioters who deliberately cause damage and very nearly did some very serious damage to three police who were cut off from the main force. They were extremely lucky and it was all caught on camera. Back in the 60s and 70s violent protesters were treated very differently. And last night they were violent protesters not sweet innocent uni students.

Here we are. And how predictable :bang:...
You're to busy to show your hate to Charles and Camilla to simply see the facts...as usual.
The events are serious enough without your so called interpretation, wich is, (and now my turn to bet my Palace) everything but objective.

sad:ermm:

One admirable thing about the BRF is that they don't hide when there's danger. They often travel in open carriages to special occasions and make appearances even when there are threats. Even with all the security they have, I don't think that anyone could stop a really determined terrorist or anarchist; HM and her family are brave just to go about and do their jobs considering all the danger that's out there.

Last edited by a moderator:
After watching all photos and videos I have to say it was a pretty scary event! TRH were in real danger, happily they were lucky. Camilla is a brave woman and Prince Charles protected her like a real loving husband and gentleman. I really like this couple.:flowers:

Perhaps it is speculation to wonder what reception another member of the BRF would have recieved tonight. However, it was Camilla and Charles who ,in fact, received this reception from the people tonight. Apparantly I am not the only person not thrilled with those two. I didnt hear anyone shouting God Save Charles and Camilla (or anything else even mildly supportive), did anyone else? I'd also love to see any positive statistical data that there is a majority of support in the population for Camilla being Queen. All of the polling data year after year and the responses on Facebook and the responses to the various newspaper articles indicate that the majority of people are on the same page I am on. No Queen Camilla. I realize that a lot of posters on this board just LOVE her. But that is not representative of the rest of the population, IMO.... nor is it borne out statistically.
Scooter, how many times do you have to be reminded that Facebook is cyberspace and not the "real world". I know what you think of my future King and Queen but I beg the privilege of a loyal subject to the Crown when I take issue with your distortion of the truth to promote your own crusade.

Please note that crusade is spelt with a lower case. That is in keeping with the tone of your rabble rousing which is in general support of rioting thugs even to the potential injury or, God forbid death, of members of the BRF so long as it is Prince Charles and the Duchess of Cornwall. Worse, you even attempt to convince us that "they deserve it" because no one called "God Save Them" in the middle of a riot!

To be frank, your hatemongering has gone too far. You are actually inciting anyone of like mind to riot, that this is OK. It is not! This is real life, real injury, real potential for death! Just ask any Police Officers facing that crowd. You have nailed your support to the wrong tree! It is inexcuseable, it is unforgiveable and it is seditious!

Last edited:
No, that wouldn't have been a situation anyone would wish to be caught in. I don't think anyone could fault Camilla (or Charles) for being unsettled and the look on her face, and her body langauge, suggests that Camilla really was quite concerned for their safety. Just look how she's leaning into her husband.

That really did have quite the vive la revolution look about it and what's worse is that this is the upcoming generation of society at large. That's concerning!

I empathise with their plight, but really?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom