The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 04-18-2013, 11:19 AM
Majesty

@SkyNewsRoyal 4h
#royal #Charles - Sally #Osman appointed as Comms Secretary to Prince of Wales and Duchess of Cornwall - ex #Sony Europe head of comms

Sally Osman is appointed as new Communications Secretary to TRH The Prince of Wales and The Duchess of Cornwall:
http://www.princeofwales.gov.uk/news-and-diary/7734/press-releasePaul Harrison

Old 04-23-2013, 02:39 PM
Majesty

Charles and Camilla to attend Dutch abdication:
Charles and Camilla to attend Dutch abdication | Royal | News | Daily Express

Old 04-23-2013, 02:48 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Charles and Camilla to attend Dutch abdication:
Charles and Camilla to attend Dutch abdication | Royal | News | Daily Express
Indeed ! Great news !

'Camilla en Charles bij troonswisseling' - AD.nl

We can't moan this time that the BRF in under represented for the Continental royal events .
Old 04-23-2013, 02:52 PM
Majesty

Very true. It's about time they attend an event with their royal counter parts.
Old 04-23-2013, 03:40 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
Good to know. It'll be nice to see this couple interact with their Continental counterparts.

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 04-23-2013, 05:39 PM
Majesty

The standard protocol is for heirs to thrones and their spouses to attend these events, unless they are underage. This allows the new monarch to be the senior person present as the representatives of the other monarchs aren't monarchs in their own right.
Old 04-23-2013, 06:09 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Of all the photos to use of Charles and Camilla, why on EARTH did they pick that one?? It's almost insulting.
Old 04-23-2013, 06:16 PM
Heir Apparent

I dont know the answer to your question, but my immediate response was - what on earth were they looking at??? I think they are in Australia for the Melbourne Cup (might be wrong) but it is a great picture!

Anyone know what was happening?

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Old 04-23-2013, 07:09 PM
Nobility

The Queen and the Duke & Duchess of Cornwall each host world royalty last year, to a rousing success from what I could see. I think they get together fairly often. The logistics of coordinating the royals, their staffs and their individual security details with accomidations must take months to plan.
Old 04-23-2013, 07:58 PM
Majesty

That picture is from last year's Melbourne Cup - but with so many great photos of the pair taken that day why chose that one.
Old 04-24-2013, 11:20 AM
Commoner

Quote:

I'm so pleased they're going :) no offence but I get sick of seeing the Wessexes at all the big royal events, its about time C & C went to a mjor royal function! Hopefully we may get some tiara wearing and dutch orders heading Camilla's way!
Old 04-24-2013, 12:09 PM
Majesty

I know what you mean. I love the Wessex's but I do think Charles & Camilla or William & Catherine should be involved in the continental royal events, as Charles & William are the heirs to the throne. Whereas Edward is down the list.

Dr. Maya Angelou
Old 04-24-2013, 12:51 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by lightningbearer View Post
I'm so pleased they're going :) no offence but I get sick of seeing the Wessexes at all the big royal events, its about time C & C went to a mjor royal function! Hopefully we may get some tiara wearing and dutch orders heading Camilla's way!
Completely agree
Old 04-24-2013, 12:58 PM
Nobility

Quote:
I know what you mean. I love the Wessex's but I do think Charles & Camilla or William & Catherine should be involved in the continental royal events, as Charles & William are the heirs to the throne. Whereas Edward is down the list.
I wonder if they've done this because Edward and Sophie are much closer in age and stage (have a young family) to the other European heirs. I suspect Sophie has a lot more in common with Mathilde, Mette-Marit, Mary, Letizia etc. than Camilla does. Even more with Charles and the princes. He's 20 years older than most of them. On the other side, William was too young and focused more on his military career than a royal life. Of course, that's changed now, but just in the past 2 years.
Old 04-24-2013, 12:59 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by lightningbearer View Post
I would be surprised if you see any tiaras at the April 29th dinner. Other than state dinners and the annual Diplomatic reception Beatrix has never thrown a white tie and tiaras event in her entire reign.
Old 04-24-2013, 12:59 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by TortillaChips View Post
Completely agree
I agree as well. It'll be good to see C&C at this event.
Old 04-24-2013, 01:09 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
I imagine Charles, Camilla, William and Catherine (more recently of course) have had the same oppurtunity to attend every royal wedding we've had in the past 8 years. Sophie and Edward represent The Queen who, I imagine, chooses or asks around who would like to go these "important" events. If no prior engagement is set, I see no reason as to why Charles and Camilla couldn't have attended the events Sophie and Edward have. The royal families of Europe have graced the BRF with their presence on more than one royal occasion. Yet the attendance has not been returned. I wonder why.
Old 04-24-2013, 01:19 PM
Majesty

Same thoughts here, Lumutqueen. I think the Wessex's do a fine job on representing The Queen and family at the European royal events but I think The Prince of Wales & The Duke of Cambridge should be more involved with these kind of events.

Dr. Maya Angelou
Old 04-24-2013, 01:23 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
I imagine Charles, Camilla, William and Catherine (more recently of course) have had the same oppurtunity to attend every royal wedding we've had in the past 8 years. Sophie and Edward represent The Queen who, I imagine, chooses or asks around who would like to go these "important" events. If no prior engagement is set, I see no reason as to why Charles and Camilla couldn't have attended the events Sophie and Edward have. The royal families of Europe have graced the BRF with their presence on more than one royal occasion. Yet the attendance has not been returned. I wonder why.
There is a whole tread dedicated to this topic. In the UK we generally do not invite whole royals families to weddings etc as they do on the continent. Charles did attend the weddings in Athens, Oslo, Amsterdam, Brussels, Madrid and Seville as well as Tokyo,sometimes also with Edward and Sophie in attendance. He also attended Beatrix's 1980 inauguaration and various royal funerals so it is not as if he has ignored the continental royal families. Other than the wedding of Sonja and Harold (due to court mourning for Princess Marina) QEII has sent a family member to all the important royal gatherings on the continent, and they cant have been too offended because they seem to flock to London whenever they get an invitation.
Old 04-24-2013, 01:23 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
The Prince of Wales & The Duke of Cambridge should be more involved with these kind of events.
Personally I don't think The Prince of Wales is too fussed about european royal outsiders and The Duke of Cambridge has the "part time" royal thing going for him. If Charles and Camilla didn't show up to this inauguration and The Queen had sent an ambassador, I'd expect no one to show up to his coronation either.