The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 02-14-2013, 07:55 PM
Heir Apparent

The Prince of Wales and The Duchess of Cornwall have officially re-opened Borough Market. Most of the stalls had to move out two years ago, because of rail construction work, but they're now back in business:
Prince visits Borough Market - ITV News

Very nice videos but it looked like Charles was going to knock the crap out of Camilla while he rang the bell. I wouldn't want her to get hurt but that would've been a funny moment, lol.

Old 02-15-2013, 09:50 PM
Heir Apparent

Old 02-26-2013, 05:25 AM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

Charles and Camilla have a number of engagements today.

Their joint engagements include attending a Service of Thanksgiving and reception at Exeter Cathedral in Exeter (Prince Charles is Patron of Exeter Cathedral's Third Millennium Campaign), and visit to businesses in Braunton affected by recent flooding.

Prince Charles will also visit HMS Bulwark in Plymouth, while Camilla will be at a HMS Drake reception (in her capacity as Commodore-in-Chief of the Naval Chaplaincy Service), and will also visit Hasler Company within HMS Drake, Plymouth (this time, in her capacity as Commodore-in-Chief of Royal Naval Medical Service).
Old 02-26-2013, 08:44 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Monaco and Sweden

Here are the first pics and news of their engagements today:

** itv.com: Devon royal visit **

** heart.co.uk gallery: Devon Royal Visit **

** bbc: Prince and Duchess meet Braunton flood victims **

** thisisnorthdevon.co.uk: PHOTOS & VIDEO: Hundreds turn out as Prince Charles and Camilla visit Braunton **
Old 02-26-2013, 10:19 AM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

Thanks for the articles. Now, that is some crowd waiting for the couple!
Old 02-26-2013, 10:37 AM
Royal Highness

I think there's something quite endearing about Charles and Camilla's joint engagements - visits to local pubs, Parish halls, a trip on the Underground etc. They clearly seem to enjoy themselves out and about. It is difficult to imagine, if things had turned out differently, Charles and Dianna finding a shared enjoyment of such ordinary things. - This isn't a criticism, in fact I find it rather poignant. Charles and Camilla clearly work well as a team- which can only be a good thing.
Old 02-26-2013, 02:53 PM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

Gallery of pictures from today's engagements of Their Royal Highnesses.
Prince Charles Visits North Devon Thumbnails - Pictures - Zimbio
Old 02-27-2013, 08:09 AM
Courtier

I thought I would add one more article on Charles and Camilla's visit to Braunton. It sounds like they received a great response to their visit. ROYAL VISIT: Warm smiles that made Braunton flooding disaster seem a distant memory | This is North Devon
Old 03-01-2013, 10:14 AM
Heir Apparent

Charles and Camilla in Cardiff to celebrate St Davids Day

BBC News - St David's Day: Prince Charles and Camilla join celebrations

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Old 03-01-2013, 10:27 AM
Super Moderator

The Prince of Wales and Duchess of Cornwall attended the National St David's Day Service at St John The Baptist City Parish Church and visited the Royal Welsh College of Music and Drama, Castle Grounds, Cathays Park, Cardiff today.

** itv.com: St David's Day celebrations **

** demotix.com gallery: Prince Charles attends St Davids Day service in Cardiff **

** cardiffian.jomec.co.uk gallery: Prince Charles and Duchess of Cornwall visit Cardiff (PHOTOS) **

** express.co.uk: Prince Charles and the Duchess of Cornwall celebrate St David's Day in Cardiff **

** gettyimages/zimbio gallery: Prince of Wales And Duchess Of Cornwall Attend St David's Day Service **
Old 03-01-2013, 02:52 PM
Nobility

There's a nice picture of Camilla here.

Duchess of Cornwall in Cardiff | Royal Hats
Old 03-21-2013, 12:30 PM
Royal Highness

The Prince of Wales and Duchess of Cornwall are attending the enthronement of the new Archbishop of Canterbury today.

ITV
Old 03-21-2013, 12:32 PM
Super Moderator

The Prince of Wales and the Duchess of Cornwall have attended the enthronement service of Justin Welby as Archbishop of Canterbury at Canterbury Cathedral, today, March 21, 2013.

** Pic ** itv.com: New Archbishop's enthronement **

** gettyimages/zimbio gallery: The Enthronement Of The 105th Archbishop Of Canterbury Justin Welby **

** dailymail: 'I am Justin, servant of Christ... I come trembling in the face of God': Moment of history as... **
Old 03-23-2013, 12:05 PM
Serene Highness

From the excellent ITV's "Our Queen" last week :

Prince Charles praises "special" wife Camilla in unique royal documentary Our Queen - Mirror Online
Old 03-23-2013, 07:27 PM
Heir Presumptive

I wonder if Charles considered, while watching the enthronement of the new Archbishop of Canterbury, that this is the man who is likely to crown him King, all being well. AoCs tend to serve for at least 10 years. It's very likely that if Charles survives his mother, it will be Archbishop Welby who will officiate at his coronation.
Old 03-23-2013, 07:33 PM
Majesty

I had the same thoughts - will this man crown a King? The last 5 haven't had that chance as The Queen has reigned for so long. During Queen Victoria's reign there were 4 who didn't get the chance to crown a monarch.
Old 03-23-2013, 09:40 PM
Heir Presumptive

A coronation must be an amazing honour for an AoC. The literal once in a lifetime experience. One or two of those who didn't get a chance to crown a monarch must have been at least a little bit disappointed.

I think Justin Welby will get along with Charles. They're both slightly unorthodox in their Christianity.
Old 03-23-2013, 10:07 PM
Majesty

Looking back through the lists I can find only three who have had the honour of crowing two monarchs:

Thomas Arundel - Henry IV and Henry V
Thomas Tennison - Anne and George I
William Howley - William IV and Victoria

Thomas Boucheir had the honour three times: Edward IV, Richard III and Henry VII.

Some crowned a monarch and later, or earlier, a Queen Consort - when the King married after becoming King and they had a separate coronation. Add those in then there are more with multiple crownings.
Old 03-23-2013, 10:19 PM
Heir Apparent

I was thinking of Charles's Coronation while watching the enthronement.
Old 03-24-2013, 04:31 AM
Courtier

I hope Charles wont mess up his Coronation with all his "secular" ideas..
I want it as exactly as grand as the previous one.. And also crowning of The Queen Consort..