The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 12-14-2012, 07:14 PM
Heir Apparent

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iluvbertie View Post
A photo from the Christening would be ok I think, like the one from the wedding.
I think last year's card was meant to show them at an event which included children and grandchildren from both their previous marriages and as Roslyn stated earlier, a blended family. With this in mind, I change my opinion to think that a picture at the christening may very well be possible. It does seem that every year the picture that they use are taken from an event that was memorable for the couple and not one where they sit and pose for the sole purpose of the card. I think both Charles and Camilla are going to be quite over the moon with the arrival of Baby Cambridge.

Old 12-14-2012, 07:41 PM
Majesty

I think Roslyn meant Andrew Parker Bowles.

Old 12-14-2012, 07:45 PM
Heir Presumptive

This card makes his eyes look sooooooo close together. I wish someone had told him that before it got the official OK
Old 12-14-2012, 07:57 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
I think Roslyn meant Andrew Parker Bowles.
apologies to Roslyn then and thank you Dman

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Old 12-14-2012, 09:48 PM
Heir Presumptive

Charles looks as disinterested as one can be. Hardly an adoring grandparent. Just a photo op. He could have been hold a kanagroo. I hope he can show more emotion for his own.
Old 12-14-2012, 09:54 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by COUNTESS View Post
Charles looks as disinterested as one can be. Hardly an adoring grandparent. Just a photo op. He could have been hold a kanagroo. I hope he can show more emotion for his own.
I don't get that. I think it was an instant caught. He made have hear or seen something on his right.
Old 12-14-2012, 10:34 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
So charming...

Well go to 3.59 mns and see by yourself :

I see a granddad (ok stepgrandad) holding a little girl and gently talking to her. But we see what we want to see isn't it ? Little girls or Kangaroos.

Regarding the 2012 Christmas card, it's fine. The 2010 one,C and C skiing, was way much better imo.
Old 12-15-2012, 09:36 AM
Serene Highness

DM article :

Merry Christmas from Charles and Camilla! Spirit of Diamond Jubilee kept alive in royal couple's official card | Mail Online
Old 12-15-2012, 09:47 AM
Serene Highness

Probably not the photo I would've used but they both look nice and the Duchess of Cornwall should smile all the time. She looks like a different person when she does.
All in all, its a lovely card.
Old 12-15-2012, 11:01 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nico View Post
Regarding the 2012 Christmas card, it's fine. The 2010 one,C and C skiing, was way much better imo.
I agree, the skiing one was a lovely picture. Love the more candid pictures!
Old 12-15-2012, 01:51 PM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nico View Post
So charming...

Well go to 3.59 mns and see by yourself :

Also, as seen in this video, he takes her by the hand when they are leaving the balcony
Old 12-15-2012, 05:09 PM
Majesty

Charles looked like a loving and caring grandfather in this footage - he really is good with small children, even if her prefers not to have them around him and it is clear that the little girl is also comfortable with him - that is a sign that he does spend time with these children despite the fact that we seem to be told that Camilla spends the time with her grandchildren and not Charles.
Old 12-15-2012, 05:53 PM
Courtier

I was just wondering about the Christmas card - the picture is apparently ( so i read on one of the many articles) inside, so what exactly is on the front of the card?
Old 12-15-2012, 08:49 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommy100 View Post
I was just wondering about the Christmas card - the picture is apparently ( so i read on one of the many articles) inside, so what exactly is on the front of the card?

The front of the card is emblazoned with the feather symbol of the Prince of Wales and the Duchess of Cornwall's cipher.

Read more: Merry Christmas from Charles and Camilla! Spirit of Diamond Jubilee kept alive in royal couple's official card | Mail Online
Old 12-15-2012, 11:11 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oliv View Post
Also, as seen in this video, he takes her by the hand when they are leaving the balcony
Very sweet of Prince Charles and the little girl.
Old 12-18-2012, 01:26 PM
Serene Highness

Bringing some Christmas cheer!!

Duke and Duchess of Cornwall pack Christmas hampers on east London housing estate | Mail Online
Old 12-18-2012, 01:35 PM
Heir Apparent

What a lovely idea.
Old 12-18-2012, 03:50 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Monaco and Sweden

Here are some more of those nice pics from today:

** itv.com: Royals visit community projects **

** london24.com: Prince Charles and Camilla praise community work in Bethnal Green **

** zimbio/gettyimages gallery: Prince Charles, Prince of Wales and Camilla, Duchess of Cornwall Visit London Community Projects **
Old 12-18-2012, 04:49 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by muriel View Post
What a lovely idea.
it seems thay had a really busy day
Old 12-18-2012, 05:36 PM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

'Darling, I am really hopeless at this!': Duke and Duchess of Cornwall entertain residents packing Christmas hampers on east London housing estate
Quote:
The Duchess of Cornwall rewarded a day spent visiting community food projects in east London with a trip to Mayfair's illustrious fish restaurant Scott's. Camilla was having lunch with family and friends of the food writer - including Elton John and Ronnie Wood - to celebrate her son Tom Parker-Bowles' 38th birthday. Earlier the duchess had visited Bethnal Green and Peckham with her husband Prince Charles to pack Christmas food hampers and learn about food banks.
I absolutely love the pictures in the article, especially this one of Camilla and some of the residents; looks like they had a lot of fun!