The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 05-10-2012, 06:06 PM
Majesty

I love the video of Prince Charles doing the weather report. His sense of humor definitely showed . He does indeed have a nice voice, and would have made a wonderful broadcaster/news reporter.

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 05-10-2012, 07:52 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Britain

They both did a great job with forecast, but I was particularly impressed with Prince Charles. He was so natural and I loved his little improv.

They both looked like they were having fun and I really enjoyed seeing this side of them.

Old 05-11-2012, 09:55 AM
Heir Apparent

Such a panache weatherman! Charles really does have a voice made for the media and I loved his improvisations and gestures. Who would have thought he could make a weather report sound so interesting; he can deliver mine any day of the week. Camilla did well also; she has a lovely voice and stuck straight to the script.
Old 05-11-2012, 11:22 AM
Heir Presumptive

Here another video of Global reports about weather presentation by Prince Charles and Duchess of Cornwall
Enjoy

Old 05-11-2012, 04:02 PM
Nobility

Great videos from Scotland. Thank you everyone.

The Prince looks really relaxed and enjoying himself. Even his sense of humour comes across well - not that easy reading a weather report.
Old 05-11-2012, 05:49 PM
Majesty

I loved it as well and even enjoyed Camilla although she wasn't as polished. I love it when they do things like this and I love how the script included references to royal properties in Scotland.
Old 05-11-2012, 06:01 PM
Heir Presumptive

What an amusing video, if being King does not appeal to Charles, being a Weatherman is definitely something he should consider!
Old 05-12-2012, 12:38 AM
Majesty

MagMil, thank you for the video . This has to be one of my top favorite recent Prince Charles moments .

Old 05-12-2012, 03:36 AM
Commoner

he was fantastic! Camilla was a little less good, she probaby doesn't like public speaking too much - it was very cute when Charles told her 'you don't have to, I promise you'
Old 05-13-2012, 06:20 AM
Aristocracy

Who the hell wrote this script?
Old 05-14-2012, 12:25 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baroness of Books View Post
Such a panache weatherman! Charles really does have a voice made for the media and I loved his improvisations and gestures. Who would have thought he could make a weather report sound so interesting; he can deliver mine any day of the week. Camilla did well also; she has a lovely voice and stuck straight to the script.
I agree with you 100%. I added the video to my 'Favorites' on YouTube, and it'll be my go-to clip when I'm in a need of a laugh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oliv View Post
he was fantastic! Camilla was a little less good, she probaby doesn't like public speaking too much - it was very cute when Charles told her 'you don't have to, I promise you'
That was a very sweet gesture. It's lovely that Charles is aware of his wife's feelings regarding something like this, and that he's willing to take those feelings into account to make sure she's not uncomfortable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ironical View Post
Who the hell wrote this script?
Oh, the best point of the video by far .

Old 05-17-2012, 10:44 PM
Aristocracy

Prince Charles's reputation is being debated in the Canadian press - every royal heir seems to face some public skepticism

Prince Charles’s Reputation and the History of the Royal Heir in the Press | Carolyn Harris: Royal Historian
Old 05-24-2012, 06:18 AM
Heir Presumptive

Meeting the Romanian King and the Romanian Crown Princess:

Old 05-30-2012, 03:50 PM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

Green-fingered Duchess of Cornwall isn't afraid to get her hands dirty as she gets stuck in with gardening duties on city farm
Quote:
The Duchess of Cornwall took to the streets yesterday for a spot of ‘urban gardening’. Despite wearing her priceless diamond engagement ring from Prince Charles, Camilla declined to use any gloves as she potted up plants and herbs at four small community sites across East London. A keen gardener herself, she volunteered her services as part of the first Chelsea Fringe Festival, inspired by last week’s world-famous Royal Horticultural Society flower show.

I just love the butterfly dress ensemble; really elegant, summery and beautiful.
Old 06-04-2012, 10:56 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Monaco and Sweden

The Prince of Wales and the Duchess of Cornwall received Australia's Governor General Quentin Bryce and her husband
Michael for a private meeting at Clarence House, London on June 4, 2012.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** daylife **
Old 06-13-2012, 12:03 PM
Super Moderator

The Prince of Wales and the Duchess of Cornwall visited the Olympic Park in London today, June 13.

** gettyimages/zimbio gallery: Charles and Camilla Visit Velodrome in the Olympic Park **

** telegraph.co.uk: London 2012 Olympics: Prince Charles and Camilla enjoy sneak preview of Games opening ceremony costumes **
Old 06-20-2012, 03:24 PM
Super Moderator

The Prince of Wales and the Duchess of Cornwall received the Dalai Lama at Clarence House on June 20, 2012.
The exiled Buddhist Tibetan leader is taking part in a week long tour of the United Kingdom.

The pics of Charles and the Dalai Lama joking together are fantastic, on some of the pics Camilla looks a bit excluded
from that

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 **

** gettyimages/zimbio: The Prince Of Wales And Duchess Of Cornwall Meet The Dalai Lama **

** BBC: Charles embraces Dalai Lama at informal talks **

** telegraph.co.uk video: Prince Charles goes hand-in-hand with the Dalai Lama **
Old 06-20-2012, 03:31 PM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

I LOVE this picture of Prince Charles and Dalai Lama.
Thanks for all the pictures and video, iceflower!
Old 06-20-2012, 03:47 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceflower View Post
The pics of Charles and the Dalai Lama joking together are fantastic, on some of the pics Camilla looks a bit excluded
from that

Pic 2
Pic 3 **

telegraph.co.uk video: Prince Charles goes hand-in-hand with the Dalai Lama **
I don't think it's exclusion. For sure the Dalai Lama seemed to feel more at ease physically with Charles - perhaps because Charles was being more receptive. In the video the Dalai Lama is including Camilla but she does not seem receptive - quite. Interesting to watch. Funny moment when he takes her hand when they are on the couch - she seems surprised - totally clueless as to what is taking place between Charles and the Dalai Lama to her right.
Old 06-20-2012, 03:52 PM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

It may be because Charles and the Dalai Lama have known each other for a number of years and, as the latter said, have been close friends ever since.
Camilla is unlikely to have the same warm relationship with him, at least not just yet.