Prince of Wales and Duchess of Cornwall Current Events 26: August 2010-December 2014

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Its a good photo but to me, can't beat the one year where they're laughing on a boat. :D

The card is okay, imo. Barbara Walters was showing her Christmas card from Charles & Camilla on The View today.

I wonder if they will have a picture of the baby on their card next year?

I hear William & Catherine also have a Christmas Card but they never release it to the public.

Maybe next year picture will be of proud grandparents at the babies Christening. :wub:

Maybe next year picture will be of proud grandparents at the babies Christening. :wub:

I really don't think it'll ever happen that Charles and Camilla pose with Baby Cambridge for a Christmas card. We have to remember that Camilla does have other grandchildren and from what I know of Camilla knowing how to handle and interact with children, I think she'd want to distance herself from seemingly playing favorites and pushing one child into the limelight over her other grandkids. If anything, the baby would be included in Will and Kate's card similar to what Victoria and Daniel did with Estelle.

My initial reaction to the idea of Charles' grandchild being in Camilla & Charles' Christmas card photo was negative, in that I thought it unlikely because it would invite criticism from those who have never forgiven Camilla and would take the opportunity to dredge up the past and say that it should have been Diana in that photo. However they have previously used a pic which has Charles holding Andrew's grand-daughter, and I think that one is not only charming but demonstrates a very sensible and modern approach. This is a blended family which includes Camilla and her grandchildren, so I suppose it's quite possible that Baby Cambridge will feature with C&C in a future card.

A photo from the Christening would be ok I think, like the one from the wedding.

My initial reaction to the idea of Charles' grandchild being in Camilla & Charles' Christmas card photo was negative, in that I thought it unlikely because it would invite criticism from those who have never forgiven Camilla and would take the opportunity to dredge up the past and say that it should have been Diana in that photo. However they have previously used a pic which has Charles holding Andrew's grand-daughter, and I think that one is not only charming but demonstrates a very sensible and modern approach. This is a blended family which includes Camilla and her grandchildren, so I suppose it's quite possible that Baby Cambridge will feature with C&C in a future card.

Andrew doesn't have a granddaughter. Do you mean Camilla's granddaughter - see post #637 above

A photo from the Christening would be ok I think, like the one from the wedding.

I think last year's card was meant to show them at an event which included children and grandchildren from both their previous marriages and as Roslyn stated earlier, a blended family. With this in mind, I change my opinion to think that a picture at the christening may very well be possible. It does seem that every year the picture that they use are taken from an event that was memorable for the couple and not one where they sit and pose for the sole purpose of the card. I think both Charles and Camilla are going to be quite over the moon with the arrival of Baby Cambridge. :D

I think Roslyn meant Andrew Parker Bowles.

This card makes his eyes look sooooooo close together. I wish someone had told him that before it got the official OK ;)

Charles looks as disinterested as one can be. Hardly an adoring grandparent. Just a photo op. He could have been hold a kanagroo. I hope he can show more emotion for his own.

Charles looks as disinterested as one can be. Hardly an adoring grandparent. Just a photo op. He could have been hold a kanagroo. I hope he can show more emotion for his own.

I don't get that. I think it was an instant caught. He made have hear or seen something on his right.

So charming...

Well go to 3.59 mns and see by yourself :

Prince William and Kate Kiss on the Balcony - The Royal Wedding (14/14) - YouTube

I see a granddad (ok stepgrandad) holding a little girl and gently talking to her. But we see what we want to see isn't it ? Little girls or Kangaroos.

Regarding the 2012 Christmas card, it's fine. The 2010 one,C and C skiing, was way much better imo.

Last edited:
Probably not the photo I would've used but they both look nice and the Duchess of Cornwall should smile all the time. She looks like a different person when she does.
All in all, its a lovely card.

Charles looked like a loving and caring grandfather in this footage - he really is good with small children, even if her prefers not to have them around him and it is clear that the little girl is also comfortable with him - that is a sign that he does spend time with these children despite the fact that we seem to be told that Camilla spends the time with her grandchildren and not Charles.

I was just wondering about the Christmas card - the picture is apparently ( so i read on one of the many articles) inside, so what exactly is on the front of the card?

'Darling, I am really hopeless at this!': Duke and Duchess of Cornwall entertain residents packing Christmas hampers on east London housing estate
The Duchess of Cornwall rewarded a day spent visiting community food projects in east London with a trip to Mayfair's illustrious fish restaurant Scott's. Camilla was having lunch with family and friends of the food writer - including Elton John and Ronnie Wood - to celebrate her son Tom Parker-Bowles' 38th birthday. Earlier the duchess had visited Bethnal Green and Peckham with her husband Prince Charles to pack Christmas food hampers and learn about food banks.
I absolutely love the pictures in the article, especially this one of Camilla and some of the residents; looks like they had a lot of fun! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom